July 26, 2014 | 1877 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Frizz-Ease Hair Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by korres

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great product! I use it every day before blow-drying and flat-ironing my hair. It completely changes the texture and appearance of my hair, from fuzzy and dull to smooth and shiny. It helps my hair stay that way, too; for a long time, I followed the same routine but without the serum, and my hair frizzed back up the instant I met the tiniest bit of humidity. I do think Biosilk Silk Therapy works a bit better, but John Frieda is cheaper and easier for me to find in shops.

My only complaint is that I can't tell the difference among the normal formula, the extra-strength formula, and the thermal protection formula. I've tried all three and they seem to perform the same.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 11:14:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Oh boy. What can I say that is good except it is reassuring to see that others do not think this "miracle" is great. When Frizz Ease first came out, I was highly intrigued b/c all the magazines were pontificating about how great this stuff was.
My hair: Coarse, very curly in spots, wavy in others. Used to be thick, thick, thick, but menopause took a lot of hair away. Still have a lot, but not as much as when I was younger. Damaged from sun and years of coloring. However, I do know how to condition, and blow dry and take enough care of my hair that it does look pretty decent.
Back to Frizz Ease. I used this on quite a few occassions, mostly b/c I thought with more use, something short of a miracle would happen. Tried it by applying to wet hair. No change. Tried it on dry hair. OK..at first, it would look ok..but then when I went out in humid weather, it flattened my hair down, making it look greasy. Now, with the hair that I have, I am lucky enough to not have to wash it more than twice a week. However, this actually dried out my hair--yes. Started out flat and a couple of days later, would dry it out completely. Go figure.

The weird thing is that I kept going back to Frizz-Ease thinking that something great would still happen. Never did.

I did find that the Ouidad Shine Serum works very well for my hair as does the Living Proof No Frizz.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2010 10:09:00 AM More reviews by xhelenfitzx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Grey

emm im confused with this product...i think it made a slight difference but nothing that made it not necissary to straighten my hair after leting it air dry. i could deffinitely live with out it. it didnt stop frizz at all just toned it down ever so slightly but not to a noticable effect.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2010 4:11:00 AM More reviews by NioneEurantale

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have extremely curly, frizzy hair. This product did absolutely nothing to improve my fizz. It made my hair feel really oily even when using only small amounts.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2010 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Jessmoberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This works if you use a MINUTE amount and keep it far, far away from your roots... which is frustrating, because what the heck are you supposed to do for the frizz on the crown of your head? Using more than a drop or two - not even a full pump - made my hair look super greasy, but the one/two drop amount kept frizz at bay for most of the day. However, like most anti-frizz serums, you have to wash your hands multiple times afterward to get all that slick residue off... more hassle than it's worth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2010 12:57:00 AM More reviews by thriftesfai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

The first hair serum I ever bought, this is such an oldie to me. It does a decent job, gives me shine and smooths my hair without weighing it down or making it look greasy. It doesn't dry out my hair either if I don't wash it off the next day. The scent is subtle too, at least I think so. It's good so I suggest giving it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by jennacouture

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW WOW WOW WOOOWWW! i love this! pricce is good also considering target packaged 2 as a bogo! i put this is wet air that was like in a towel for 10min and when my hair was COMPLETLEY dry it felt soooooooooooo SOFFT! its really silky and my hair has not felt like this for a while!!! so happy and love the packaging! a pump!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by CurlyGurly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Another product that didnt really help my thick curly Mediterranean hair! It seemed to make it more greasy than anything and wasnt strong enough to be used on it's own to combat frizz (which is my hair's middle name)
Back to the hunt for a perfect anti - frizz product (or straighteners that dont damage your hair!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2010 6:30:00 AM More reviews by Jascha117

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to use this after every time I washed my hair, and I waited and waited to finally see some results, but frankly, I never did.
Agreed, it does soften your hair a bit, but it really doesn't tame any frizz, not for me anyway.

I am now using something from pro-duo and that really works. I'm never ever trying anything from john frieda again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 5:21:00 AM More reviews by signemarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this because of the hype. I can see NO results whatsoever on my hair. I use it as advised on soaking wet hair, I focus on my ends, but with no visible results.

I do not have frizzy hair, however, but I was told it could help make ends look less dry and feel softer. It did nothing like that. Will not buy again.

Also, the bottle leaks if its not standing up, and since it's a light little bottle, it easily tips over. I think one third of this bottle leaked in my bag. Big dissapointment.