John Frieda Frizz-Ease Hair Serum

3.1

on 11/26/2010 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

seems oily and heavy to the eye, but once applied, it goes straight into the hairshaft, making it feel soft and smooth.
no greasiness, no "a coat on the hair" feeling.
my hair becomes shiny and silky and frizz free.
theres a reason its a cult product.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I think I would die without this. I use it every time I wash my hair. I find its only effective on wet hair- once its dry it doesn't do much other than shine it up a bit. I have thick hair and have never had a problem with using too much. Its great if I leave my hair to air dry curly or if I blow dry it straight. The bottle has a neat little feature where you can twist the cap so it wont accidentally pump if you throw it in your bag if you lose the plastic protective cap, which I always so. I always have at least one spare bottle on hand and I've never found another product that produces similar results.

One of my must-have products. When I don't use this my hair just isn't the same. FACT.

on 8/13/2010 10:17:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of my very few absolute beauty must-haves. My hair is thick and frizzy and goes mental if I forget to use this. You only need a TINY amount and only use on wet hair otherwise you're going to end up looking like an oil slick; it takes a little trial and error to work out how much you need. I have bra-strap length, VERY thick, wavy hair and only need two pumps. I rub it between my hands and finger-comb it through the ends of my hair until there's hardly any residue left on my hands, and then sweep that over the fringe and roots. And voila! Frizz eased.

on 8/12/2010 11:52:00 AM

I am truly amazed at how many negative reviews there are for this product. I literally cannot leave the house until I have put this in my hair! I have very dry/damaged hair from years of highlighting and straightening and when I don't use this stuff my hair feels so weak and dry! I always apply this to my towel dried hair before I either let my hair dry naturally or blow dry - granted due to my wavy hair I have to straighten if I want a really polished look but without this stuff my hair is just a mess. You only need a tiny amount to make a huge difference. I definitely would not advise using this on styled hair, as I did this once and it made me sooo greasy!

The only real complaint I have about this product is the packaging, I often accidentally knock off the pump and once you have done it once it will come off everytime and just get messy. Otherwise I think it does what it says on the package and that for me is what I look for in my products.

on 8/8/2010 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This hair serum does a pretty good job on my thick, curly/slightly wavy hair. But the only problem is that it doesn't really work on dry hair. I recommend using it on wet hair, so that the silicon really has a chance to seal the cuticle BEFORE the hair frizzes out.

on 8/8/2010 12:52:00 PM

This is a great product! I use it every day before blow-drying and flat-ironing my hair. It completely changes the texture and appearance of my hair, from fuzzy and dull to smooth and shiny. It helps my hair stay that way, too; for a long time, I followed the same routine but without the serum, and my hair frizzed back up the instant I met the tiniest bit of humidity. I do think Biosilk Silk Therapy works a bit better, but John Frieda is cheaper and easier for me to find in shops.

My only complaint is that I can't tell the difference among the normal formula, the extra-strength formula, and the thermal protection formula. I've tried all three and they seem to perform the same.

on 8/3/2010 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Oh boy. What can I say that is good except it is reassuring to see that others do not think this "miracle" is great. When Frizz Ease first came out, I was highly intrigued b/c all the magazines were pontificating about how great this stuff was.
My hair: Coarse, very curly in spots, wavy in others. Used to be thick, thick, thick, but menopause took a lot of hair away. Still have a lot, but not as much as when I was younger. Damaged from sun and years of coloring. However, I do know how to condition, and blow dry and take enough care of my hair that it does look pretty decent.
Back to Frizz Ease. I used this on quite a few occassions, mostly b/c I thought with more use, something short of a miracle would happen. Tried it by applying to wet hair. No change. Tried it on dry hair. OK..at first, it would look ok..but then when I went out in humid weather, it flattened my hair down, making it look greasy. Now, with the hair that I have, I am lucky enough to not have to wash it more than twice a week. However, this actually dried out my hair--yes. Started out flat and a couple of days later, would dry it out completely. Go figure.

The weird thing is that I kept going back to Frizz-Ease thinking that something great would still happen. Never did.

I did find that the Ouidad Shine Serum works very well for my hair as does the Living Proof No Frizz.

on 6/27/2010 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

emm im confused with this product...i think it made a slight difference but nothing that made it not necissary to straighten my hair after leting it air dry. i could deffinitely live with out it. it didnt stop frizz at all just toned it down ever so slightly but not to a noticable effect.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have extremely curly, frizzy hair. This product did absolutely nothing to improve my fizz. It made my hair feel really oily even when using only small amounts.

Popular Styling Products