OPI Black Cherry Chutney

4.3

on 1/16/2010 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I usually only wear light sheer colors on my fingers, but once in a while I get the urge for some dark color in the winter. This color looks a lot less purple and a lot less sparkly on my fingers than it does in the bottle which is a good thing since I am not into purple or sparkles. I picked it because my manicurist said it looked really pretty on. It is quite dark and quite shiny without being sparkly. My skin is pretty light with yellowish undertones and this color compliments it nicely. I am hoping that it has some staying power. I am looking forward to getting my pedicure with this color. I think it will be a great toe color.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm a blue eyed blonde and I keep a pretty good tan up about 75% of the time. And I'm not really into "vampy" colors, because I feel like I just can't pull them off. I only put color on my toes, nails are french acryllics. But tomorrow is New Years Eve, and I wanted a sexy pretty color and like most women, wear colors that fit the season. It was gorgeous in the bottle, loved the red microshimmer... got it on my toes tonight, and it is very pretty! I have Russian Navy, and while that's a very pretty color too, it's too vampy for me, too "cool toned" - this is almost as dark, but warmer and I can pull it off. I wish there was more of a shimmer to it though, because I LOVE how it looks in the bottle in the sun. BUT... It is very pretty on my toes. VERY glossy, and just looking down at my toes, without being in the sunlight, I can tell there's a deep black cherry tone to it, even though the shimmer doesn't show through well without direct light. I usually wear all shades of shimmery reds/wines during the winter that are very similar to Bogata Blackberry and I'm not really a waitress, and this is a nice change. I'm not sure I'll run out, but if I do, I would repurchase.

on 11/28/2009 5:02:00 PM

very nice dark purple. looks great!

on 11/20/2009 1:24:00 AM

This color is ok. Once on, it's a deep reddish burgundy..I can't really see the shimmer unless I hold the bottle up to my face. Although pretty, there are about a gazillion colors out there that rival this, and I can't say it's unique or unusual. Just Walk Away Renee by Lippmann, and Black Wine by Estee Lauder are just a few. I guess the selling point is that it's much cheaper then either of these, especially on sale. I found I needed three coats to get rid of the streaky finish, but once dried, it does look wet and is attractive.

on 11/8/2009 6:35:00 PM

I just picked this up as part of the Buy 2 Get 2 sale at Ulta. I have wanted to try this color for a while, but was always a little frightened of putting such a dark color against my pale skin. How could I have waited so long to grab this color? It looks great next to my fair skin; vampy but not goth at all. I don't even feel odd wearing it to the office.

This color is a gorgeous deep, deep red with a red shine to this color. It does look a very deep purple/black from a distance, but not when you are wearing this or someone is close to you. I used Seche Vite as a top coat and this color seemed to light up from within with the added shine. When I had this on I could not stop starting at my fingers.

The color wore very well, but I did notice a bit of tip wear after a day or two. (I do type a lot at work, so this is a very common problem for me.) I change my polish every two or three days, so I can't comment on the wear time without chipping, but no chips at all the three work days I had this on. I love the pro-wide brush and do not have any difficulty using this to apply this product. If I do run out of this, I will repurchase.

on 10/30/2009 11:52:00 AM

My aunt got a bottle of this polish and when i got home I realize that i got a nail polish really similar to this - New york color in cognac sparkle. It looks just like this OPI NP. I used the OPI for a pedicure and it lasted for about 5 days without top or base coat before it wear off. The color is a deep plum- very vampy as others would describe. I personally would not purchase this because i already found a dupe and the new york color one has great quality for a quarter of the price. Both goes on smoothly without streaking and drying rate is about the same. I cant even tell the difference between the two

on 10/19/2009 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hello bottle of *gorgeousness*!! OPI Black Cherry Chutney had me the second I saw the bottle. I've always been a pale/sheer tip kind of girl... this was one of the first "vampy" colors I actually put on tips, and it was *pure* love from the first nail. This is rich and stunning both on it's own, or layered over a deep cream like LPAD. As the name would imply, BCC is a deep vampy blackened plum with red microshimmer. Wears and applies beautifully and is a great shade for fall and winter months. total love for this beauty!!

on 10/14/2009 1:34:00 AM

I had low expectations for this color. I got it for free, and while I love dark vampy purples, I hate reds and burgundies. I finally got around to trying it, and when I did I loved it. Far off it's a deep espresso color, but up close its black with dark red shimmer. Gorgeous. With Seche Vite on top, it was so shiny i could see my reflection. It really stood out against my skin. I knocked it for packaging because the brush was horrible, too wide and at an angle. Unusual for OPI.

on 9/23/2009 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This nail polish is gorgeous! You need about 3 coats to get it opaque, but once you do you can't stop looking at it. It's a dark dark red with tiny red shimmer, it is glossy and shiny. I love this polish, another winner for OPI. I agree that it does look black from far away, but I know it's dark, vampy red so that's all that matters. This should be a staple for red/black lovers.

on 8/5/2009 11:39:00 PM

I read once (possibly even in this very thread) someone's observations of the colour of this polish: that it's really gorgeous up close and under direct light, and it's a shame how you can't see how pretty it really is from a distance. That's my exact view too. It's really pretty at two coats, when you inspect it closely, with reddish shimmer and an unusual depth. But from just a couple of feet away you'd never know it wasn't just an average creamy dark burgundy colour. With three coats, I find the colour just becomes a muddy, flat almost-black brown, and the shimmer is lost entirely.

I love OPI quality, and from a technical standpoint this is another fantastic polish from them, but every time I've worn this colour I've just felt disappointed by it. I really wish I liked how it looks, but I just plain don't.

Popular Polishes