April 20, 2014 | 1499 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Lumene - Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover for Eyes and Lips

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by kimlan720

I bought this product because It was recommended by one of the Youtube Guru's and I have to say, I'm impressed. It takes off my eye make-up so easily, and a little goes a long way. I pour a little bit of the product on a cotton ball and it usually takes everything off with two swipes. It does leave a bit of an oily residue but it's not a problem for me because I wash my face right after. I will definitely be buying this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2009 10:52:00 PM More reviews by MNG531

It removed my mascara well. I used Maybelline's eye makeup remover before, and Lumene's remover is less greasy and feels kinder to my sensitive skin. I would buy it again as it was reasonable for the quality---I got for less than $4 at CVS.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Faffinette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My sister hogs our tiny avon make up remover so I got my own and I prefer liquid ones honestly. I was at ulta and had to spend a certain amount to use my coupon so I picked this up. The packaging looked nice and it said it was for waterproof make up. I don't use water proof mascara but I use lash blast which can be hard to remove and I use too faced shadow insurance which can make eyeshadow stubborn too. I like the blue packaging and that it said "artic linen seed", I'm a sucker for things like that. I had never tried lumene either. It was cheap too at $5 and change. This works amazingly, way better than my avon one, my sister can have it. It leaves a oily residue but it seems moisturizing to me like pur minerals mineral melt and I take off my eye make up before washing my face anyways. I will continue to purchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by music4lifejb

This product is very good and i luv it. tho i have to say after you use it, it leaves a oily resedue.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by amaris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This remover is really good at quickly and gently breaking up my waterproof mascara and I am able to swipe it completely away without too much effort. Great product. Doesn't leave an oily mess after washing face afterwards, as I have experienced with other removers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 11:17:00 PM More reviews by zoey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a big fan of Lancome's Bifacil but could not continue paying the pricey amount. I tried this Lumene product on a whim while I was trying to spend some almost-expiring CVS bucks and am so glad I did! This product removes my waterproof mascara almost as well as Bifacil..... I would say it removes about 90% of the product (& my cleanser removes the remainder in the shower). I've had no eye sensitivity to this product at all. I've already stocked up on 3 more of these bottles (they were on clearance at CVS so I'm not sure if they're being discontinued). This is the perfect substitute for Bifacil!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2008 8:31:00 AM More reviews by laura1122

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had incorrectly put my review for this under the Absolute Away one that already existed. What I purchased is also called Lumene Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover with Arctic Linen Seed.

This is the only eye makeup remover I have ever used that removed every last bit of my stubborn mascara with only a few wipes and without leaving a film. I use it to remove my mascara only though. This stuff is amazing, but the cyclopentasiloxane breaks me out around my eyebrows if I use it all over my eye area. For this reason only, I'm not sure if I will repurchase. But if you are not sensitive to that silicone, give this a try because it is an excellent eye makeup remover!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2008 1:18:00 PM More reviews by dakgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The full name of this product is Lumene Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover with Arctic Linen Seed. It is a dual phase type of remover. First, my HG is Lancome Bi-Facil but its gotten too expensive so I'm trying others.

This product feels oilier than others but has a better scent that Paula's Choice Gentle Touch Makeup Remover which seems to have no fragrance added. Price wise this was $5.99 with is almost 1/3 of what PC costs and 1/4 the price of Bi-Facil. It took more swipes of the cotton pad over my eyes to remover my eye makeup than with PC or Lancome.

This product didn't thrill me so I will keep trying others once I use it up.