July 25, 2014 | 941 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Lumene - Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover for Eyes and Lips

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 1:46:00 AM More reviews by maybelle

Okay, I think I just found my Bi-Facil replacement. Found this at CVS (though people here have said it was discontinued there). The price: $6.49 for a 3.4 oz bottle. Works just as well, meaning absolutely superb, and, a plus, there is no fragrance. I was never bothered by the Bi-Facil smell (like roses to me), but some people don't like it. Also, I think is feels less, well, "oily". I may go back and grab one more bottle. I use this for touch ups and mistakes so it will last a long time. Happy for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by JulesGrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using vegetable oil to remove my make-up for the longest of time and it works quite well, except for with stubborn eye liner and mascara. To remove products like Mac's fluidlines, you do need a proper eye make-up remover and this is it.

Just soak a cotton bud, swipe the wet bud across your liner on both eyes. Wait a few seconds, then start removing with slow, gentle strokes and it will come right off.

To me, this feels just like a toner on my face, but then I am used to using oil to remove my make-up so anything not pure oil seldom feels oily.

Considering I use oil first to remove my eye make-up as well as oil can do, and then just a small amount of this, it works out to be quite cheap especially since it actually does work miracles.

This is a staple item for me, definitely.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2009 8:43:00 AM More reviews by woodyoriental

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just as good as Lancome Bi-Facile at less than half the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Gradle

I haven't been wearing waterproof makeup so I'm not sure how well it works for that, but it does a great job of removing regular mascara, liner, and shadow. This doesn't sting or make my vision blurry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2009 12:08:00 PM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Goody goody, a waterproof eye-makeup remover that doesn't contain any fragrance or paraben-preservatives! I was excited to buy and try this after my heavily fragranced L'Oreal Demaq Remover had run out. Lumeneís remover is silicone-based and it works exceptionally well in removing waterproof mascara. And without any irritation or drying. It does leave a film, but I always follow with my regular facial cleanser. The bottle looks very cute and refreshing too. Costing around 6 euros, this one's a bargain. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever spent more than that on a eye-makeup removerÖ I've used L'Oreal a lot and once strayed to Maybelline. But as it turns out, I don't really need to splurge on a good remover either :) I think Iíll stick to Lumene for now, because itís Finnish, which makes it a locally manufactured product for me.

Ingredients: Water, Isohexadecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium Phosphate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Benzalkonium Chloride, Sodium Phosphate, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Tocopherol.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 2:12:00 PM More reviews by mayrei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a few months now. I see no reason to try another brand... this removes waterproof mascara and eyeliner quite well and doesn't irritate my eyes. I just soak a cotton ball, press it against my closed eye for a few seconds, and the mascara comes right off. I soak a Q-tip with it to remove stubborn eyeliner.
~
It does leave an oily film behind, so use this before washing your face, not after.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2009 1:42:00 AM More reviews by al525

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've gone thru 2 of this Lumene Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover and it removed my eye shadow makeup very well, however, for the waterproof mascara, it took several cotton pads (heavily soak cotton pads) to remove all the traces of mascara. I wear Lash Blast and MAC black track eyeliner and it is hard to remove - a few rubbing in order to achieve complete removal of all traces. As most of the MU reviewers indicated, the waterproof version where oil and liquid is separated, the user have to shake it well to blend both the oil and the liquid together before use.This eye makeup remover does leave the oily residue which I use the facial cleanser to remove after. I do experience temporary blurry vision when I use this. I will try the Vaseline now to see if it will remove all traces of Lash Blast mascara and no tugging, pulling.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 3:19:00 AM More reviews by vivix

I've gone through .. I don't know .. six? tubes of these babies. Removing makeup properly is so important and this does that. This is the only product that consistently removes my makeup (esp Asian waterproof mascara..) with ease. no tugging, nothing. It's not oily.. not to me. And if it bothers you so much, you're supposed to wash your face anyway! When I use this I know eeeeeeeverything will come off. Planning to stock up because CVS might not carry this anymore..!!!! I don't know how I'll take off my makeup without it. I use one cotton pad, saturate it, hold it onto my eye, wait a bit, repeat. All my makeup is gone, NO rubbing whatsoever. I don't want to be scrubbing at my eye area (premature wrinkles, eyelash loss, etc.)! Take some time and let it dissolve your makeup! Finally, I don't know why everyone is so worried about oil. Oil keeps your skin hydrated! When I was younger any kind of oil freaked me out and so I treated my face with harsh cleansers and broke out anyway. I've been using jojoba oil as a moisturizer only and now I don't break out any more. (Seriously!)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2009 2:46:00 AM More reviews by royaljosieness

The name is misleading on this product. It says WATERPROOF...does that mean it's supposed to remove waterproof makeup or is the remover itself waterproof? Anyways, I used this and it did NOT remove my waterproof eyeliner or my mascara. It also left a greasy residue afterwards that was hard to wash off with water. I'm never repurchasing this

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2009 3:42:00 PM More reviews by ThatLadyNextDoor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

First and foremost, this is one my lifetime HG products! I LOVE this remover. It takes off all my eye makeup, including lipstick. The price & packaging- perfect! I've tried quite a bit of eye makeup removers. Most of them irritated my eyes. I will keep buying this. Hopefully it will not discontinue.