TheBalm Sexy Mama

4.2

mica, boron nitride, polyethylene (and) PTFE, zea mays (Corn) starch, silica, isoeicosane, zinc stearate, styrene/DVB copolymer, polyisobutene, dimethylimidinone rice starch, iron oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, gossypium herbaceum (Cotton) powder, sodium dehydroacetate, dimethicone.

on 5/12/2012 6:55:00 PM

This product is amazing... It works well on me, no color ,matte and anti shine. I have a combination type of skin and it is perfect on t-zone.

I purchased this product because of the adorable pin-up girl packaging and also because the quality of TheBalm is great! Sexy Mam is claimed to be a translucent setting powder. Even though for the most part I really enjoy TheBalm products, I'm so-so on this one. I have oily skin so setting powder is essential towards my make up routine. I found that even though this works it does something to my skin I don't like. I often see a "peach fuzz"-like affect on my skin. I can wear it down, but then the powder is basically off. Its so-so, my Maybelline Dream Matte Setting Powder is a lot better. I would not repurchase this.

on 4/24/2012 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this product.
I use this with TheBalm's TM in medium.
Since it is so finely milled, I apply with a synthetic brush. If I don't use a synthetic brush, powder ends up looking overdone.
If I overpowder myself, I simply use a setting spray, and I look perfect again.
This is the first setting powder that I've hit pan on, which is a testament to how much I actually like it.
Makeup lasts all day unless I am in extreme humidity or get very sweaty.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

It's like any pressed powder out there.... A bit orange though. Nice if you have really oily skin which I don't have...

on 4/24/2012 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I only use this in my T-zone.

It really is just a setting powder - it doesn`t provide a silky finish like some other powders can do for me.
This is both a plus and a minus; the plus is that the foundation finish doens`t change - and it really doen`t give any colour.
The minus is of course that a silky veil finish is very pretty(but also very often breaks me out, and can face in strange ways during the evening)

I read a review that warned against putting on to much/several times, and I agree.
It looks good(gives a matte finish nothing more and nothing less) if I put some on - but gives a strange finish when I put on too much(and by too much I mean what I would normally apply if it was a ordinary powder).

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this yet! I've had this powder close to a year now and while I've definitely made a dent, I haven't hit pan even with everyday use and a few touchups.

I have fair, dry, sensitive skin but no acne (just mild redness), although my skin can look a little shiny on occasion despite its dryness. I don't wear foundation, just a bit of highlighting concealer around my nose, chin, and under eyes, and this is perfect to set the concealer and give a soft matte glowy look to my skin. I don't look shiny ever with this on but it doesn't give a flat look, more like a soft velvety diffused look. It does a great job at blurring pores and giving an even look to the skin without looking cakey (even after multiple touchups!) and I don't feel the need to reapply it during the day :) One light application with a buffing brush in the morning and I am good to go :)

Packing is so cute with the retro vibe and since it's truly translucent, it gives no white cast in photos.

Here's to flawless skin with TheBalm's Sexy Mama!

**I will most likely repurchase if I can find it as I bought it on sale when thebalm was being cleared from my local drugstore. I kind of want to try Mac MSFN so I may not repurchase but it definitely is worth it :)

on 4/12/2012 11:47:00 AM

Love this product. Cute packaging and perfect for touch-ups during the day, stays matte without ever looking cakey.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I got this at TJ Maxx for $9.99 in a set that also came with Bahama Mama bronzer and Hot Mama blush. I like this powder a lot. I have pretty oily skin and this works much better for oil control than Maybelline Dream Matte in my opinion. Color will work for everyone, which is great. Overall, a great product!

This is a fantastic powder! Great for setting foundation or for touch-ups. It gives an airbrushed finish and absorbs shine without looking powdery or cakey. It seems to be pretty translucent, but I'm very fair so I can't say how it would work for darker skintones. The only real downside is the packaging - it's very cute, but the cardboard is flimsy so it doesn't protect the product well from breakage if you carry it in your purse (plus it pops open easily), and you have to use your own brush to apply it - there's no compartment for a sponge/puff. It's also a little pricey for as quickly as I go through it. Still, I love this enough that I've repurchased it several times and will continue to buy it in the future.

Has 0 color which is perfect for me since my skintone is always changing from sunless tanner. Even when I'm really tan it's totally invisble. I get a little oily on my nose, forehead, and eyelids and this powder stops that. The packaging is a cute pin-up style box with a mirror inside. I paid full price for it and would say it's worth it. It does everything it claims to do.

Recommended for Normal Skin