November 26, 2014 | 1729 users online

Pressed Powders - TheBalm - Sexy Mama

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by idontkara

Love this product. Cute packaging and perfect for touch-ups during the day, stays matte without ever looking cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by shimmergirl1123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this at TJ Maxx for $9.99 in a set that also came with Bahama Mama bronzer and Hot Mama blush. I like this powder a lot. I have pretty oily skin and this works much better for oil control than Maybelline Dream Matte in my opinion. Color will work for everyone, which is great. Overall, a great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by JustinBiebersChestHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a fantastic powder! Great for setting foundation or for touch-ups. It gives an airbrushed finish and absorbs shine without looking powdery or cakey. It seems to be pretty translucent, but I'm very fair so I can't say how it would work for darker skintones. The only real downside is the packaging - it's very cute, but the cardboard is flimsy so it doesn't protect the product well from breakage if you carry it in your purse (plus it pops open easily), and you have to use your own brush to apply it - there's no compartment for a sponge/puff. It's also a little pricey for as quickly as I go through it. Still, I love this enough that I've repurchased it several times and will continue to buy it in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by VelvetTeddyXo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Has 0 color which is perfect for me since my skintone is always changing from sunless tanner. Even when I'm really tan it's totally invisble. I get a little oily on my nose, forehead, and eyelids and this powder stops that. The packaging is a cute pin-up style box with a mirror inside. I paid full price for it and would say it's worth it. It does everything it claims to do.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by alldaygirl

I really like this. It works well for me. No color & has a great MAtte finish. I use it for midday touch-ups.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by sugaryandspicy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this poweder for setting foundation. I have combination/oily skin and I also live in a humid climate. This is truly a translucent powder that helps me keep my makeup looking good at least 8 hours. I took one lippie off because of the packaging, I think for the price packaging should be a bit nicer. Also, I don't think the powder is incredible quality, it is good but I was expecting something more for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by CrosseyedToad

I only recently discovered TheBalm products and am in total love with this brand. I have yet to be disappointed with this line. This powder is so soft, blend able, long wearing and naturally lovely looking. I thought it was going to be too dark for my skin but it truly is translucent. Don't let the color fool you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

One of my all time FAVORITE powders. This powder is in the Holy Grail class to me. I use it every single day and always keep myself stocked with extras of these. They are easy to travel with, from going to work and quickly placing in your purse to packing in luggage. Depending on what foundation I am using as my base, this powder can act translucent and simply matte my T-zone, help with redness (as I am a very red-prone girl) or it can add a little color and be used for very soft contouring/cheek color.
Like others have said, it won't keep you matte for too long and that's the only problem I have with it. But besides that, this powder is worth giving a try and I will continue to repurchase it as long as it's being made.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by randers

Very nice powder. It comes in pressed form and I've found it works well with a puff applicator. Goes on translucent, at least on my N20 skin.

My favorite thing about this powder is how invisible it looks; it leaves no powdery residue and does not dull my skin. On the flip side, it does require reapplication after about four hours. A solid powder, but not HG status.

I received this product as part of the Big Mama trio (Bahama Mama, Sexy Mama and Hot Mama) for only $13 at TJ Maxx. I don't know if I would purchase it full price, but there are a million individual powders on eBay for around $10, and I would re purchase for that price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by xohaley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have combo skin, so my tzone is really oily and ever since using this product I have noticed that my skin has been less oily. This translucent powder is definitely a HG product!