July 22, 2014 | 2036 users online

Toners - Green Tea tea-bag toner

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2011 1:20:00 PM More reviews by nitekid

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading so many positive experience with green tea-bag toner, I decided to try it. I brewed a pot of green tea and then chill it. I have tried messaging the green tea bag on to my face and also dabbing chilled green tea onto my face (Not at the same time though). My face felt really tight after using either method, and then it got really dry with white flaky patches on my cheek. I had a bit of flaky patches on my cheeks before trying the green tea toner but the condition gotten way worse after I tried it. All I can say is that what works for many may not work for everyone. Oh well, it was worth a try =D

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by summerseabreeze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love using all things natural. For an oily-skin gal like me using green tea as a toner helps a lot, more so in a year-round warm humid climate like where I live. I find areas of redness around my nose reduced after a swipe of this. I usually just use the tea bag neat as it is, careful not to let it drip onto clothes! if i travel i make a cup of green tea, let it cool and pour into a travel bottle. It stays good for at least 2 days. I also drink a cup of green tea every morning half an hour before breakfast. I find it works better on a empty stomach. Sometimes I might add some fresh lime juice or lemon if there is any lying around. Great stuff and oh-so cheap too!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by 2lygit

Double edged sword! Green tea (esp with lemon juice) aids digestion which is very good for skin and overall health. What I do is, first thing in the morning I'll cleanse my face, make some green tea and while I'm drinking it I'll rub the teabag (lol) all over my face, then moisturise. The tea toner is great, it reduces redness, makes my skin look more even and takes away the shiny look, instead it just looks nicely hydrated. There's no reason why everyone shouldn't be using this as a toner.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by cheapglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

ive found that green tea was more beneficial to my skin when i was drinking it, than it was when i was smoothing it onto my face.
when i drink green tea, my skin looks and feels healthier! when i pat it onto my skin... well, it didnt do anything bad... but it didnt do anything good either.
didnt improve my complexion. didnt improve my acne. it sort of just... sat there. it also made my skin feel tight (even with moisturizer), but it didnt tighten up my pores.
i saw no major benefits in my trial-run, so i wont continue to hassle myself with DIY green tea toners.
i think im just gonna stick to drinking my green tea.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by JenPhil1313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I started using green tea (or sometimes white tea) as a toner about a week ago after reading about it here on MUA. I have never really used toners in the past, but was intrigued by using pure & natural tea after reading about all the positve benefits it has for the body and skin- and the fact that it has so many wonderful properties (ant-irritant, antioxidant, astrigent, etc). I feel that this has been a nice recent addition to my skin care routine. Using the tea as a toner after cleansing makes my skin feel a little cleaner. Plus it feels soothing- and I swear it gives an almost immediate glow. I think my skin has never looked better. I am finding that the more natural products I use (i.e. I have been using pure olive oil as a moisturizer, tumeric mask, etc) the better my skin looks and feels. And I am getting most of these suggestions from MUA!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by italiagirl007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best. Toner. Ever. Green tea does everything- clears up acne, reduces redness, smooths the skin...it's a miracle really. I drink a cup of organic green tea infused with mint, then I just wipe the tea bag all over my face. If my eyes are tired and puffy I'll lay the tea bag over each of my eyes for a while. The green tea by itself is great, and the mint just leaves an awesome energizing tingling feeling on my face. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love green tea, both drinking it and putting it on my skin. I use it in the mornings after washing my face with cold water. I just let my tea seep while I get clean, and then pat the warmish bag directly on my face, I find it really soothing. :) I put my moisturiser on top while my skin is till wet, because otherwise my face feels a bit tight afterwards.

The tea will help control oil, and for that reason I would avoid getting any too near your eye area, as it can be drying. You can also use black or white tea - white tea is less processed than green, and contains more antioxidants and other goodies. Black has more caffeine which can help make your face less puffy in the morning. And all of them can be used to set your make up if you put some in an atomiser. Nice, effective and cheap.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by AliveNside

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been doing this for a few years-- it really keeps my natural redness at bay on the face.
I put a green tea bag in a water bottle in the fridge overnight and while I'm drinkng my morning green tea (cold-yum!) I dab my face. I know from experience that it relaxes muscles, so I'm hoping that it is keeping wrinkles away.
And, yes, I always use organic green tea. It's only $3 at walmart for 40 tea bags. :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by ScarletAuroraMB

I looove Green Tea, before reading about using this as a toner i had already been drinking it every morning and sometimes at night, so being so convenient i tried it out, and i'm happy i did! After drinking my cup of tea i swipe the tea bag all over my face and after it dries i couldn't believe how even my skintone was! I don't do this every day, because like other products i have used in the past (that my skin becomes immune to) i don't want this to happen! So i've been using this every few days, sometimes a week without using it. I found that it does stain clothes though! So be careful when applying it. (I think the staining maybe has something to do with how it evens out my skin tone, as green counteracts redness, and the tea has a green color to it) But i love this!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by pudgyoreo

I know this has worked very well for people, and I'm sad to say that it hasn't. I really wanted it to work for me, but for a strange reason I started developing blackheads after using it. I have clogged pores and tiny pimples around my face. After using this toner the two sides on my cheeks right beside my nose started developing black heads. It persisted and refused to go away, I had to go to a beautician to have them extracted.

I'm really confused as to why that happened. Perhaps it was because I wasn't using the organic green tea (although many others have had success with normal, caffeinated green tea bags, lucky them!).

However, I still think it's worth a shot given the price and the fact that this has worked well for so so many people.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No