Physicians Formula Organic Wear

3.4

Claims to be 100 Free of harsh chemicals, synthetic preservatives, parabens, GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms), synthetic colors, and synthetic fragrances. Also claims to be 100 cruelty free. Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 5.0 Inactive ingredients: Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (orange) fruit water*, Water, Alcohol SD (Denatured with certified organic lavender oil)*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Helianthus Annulus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil*, Lecithin (Soybean)*, Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil*, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Unsaponifiables, Garcinia Indica Seed Butter*, Alginic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Wheat Bran Glucosides, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Hydrated Silica, Iron Oxide, Xantan Gum. *Produced from Organic Farming ***

I am a huge fan of PF's pressed mineral powder! So when the raves about this TM started buzzing, I had to check it out. First impressions were negative. The consistency is thin & you have to watch out when opening the tube so product doesn't dribble out. Might have been better in a pump. Next, I was struck by the herbal lavender-teatree"ish" scent. Very noticeable at first, tho it does fade. BUT...I played with this & after a few tries I found that if I apply with fingers, the result is a very dewy look. If I use my duo stippling brush, it's less so. By far, I prefer the brush! A dusting of rice powder over top & it's perfection. As a bonus, it is a good base for concocting. If I put on my mixmaster's hat & sprinkle in pigment or my favorite MMU powder, I can increase coverage to a full foundation. Or create a really nice highlighter or bronzer. Handy multi-tasker! SUMMARY: Won me over after I tried different application techniques. Feels light and wears comfortably on my skin. No bad reactions. Overall, I give it a 4.5, taking a lippie off for the packaging. A thin liquid would have done better in a pump tho I understand the eco-conscious goal. The odd scent is just not my cup of tea. Worth trying, for sure. Awesome to find a silicone-free, paraben-free option.

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Alright, so I love everything about this except the color. It looks way too yellow on me. I really wish it didn't have to be like that--it caused no breakouts, is pretty decent priced, and best of all--natural! The application was great, and it left a nice dewy finish. It does rub off fairly easily. I won't buy again, but only because of the color--I highly recommend if the color works for you, though.

This is a great tinted moisturizer. It moisturizes the skin while subtly evening and enhancing skin tone. It only lightly covers imperfections, but that is what I expect from a tinted moisturizer. The SPF 15 and organic ingredients are great, too!! I like applying this with a makeup sponge, though, because it can sometimes be too runny otherwise. Overall, a great product! I would repurchase this again.

I have a few problems with this product.

I bought this in the lightest shade (Fair to Light) and it's actually a bit dark on me and too pink. The scent is OK, I could do without. It's a pretty overpowering botanical lavendar scent... It lingers on the skin for quite a while. The TM is really runny and it takes a long time to settle in so you deal with a sticky face unless you set with a powder.

My main problem with the Organic Wear TM is that it contains a lot of alcohol in it which is really shocking. If you read the ingredient list, the alcohol content in this is quite a bit. With this being said... my skin and this TM just aren't friends. I've tried to use this on and off especially since I'm running out of my old TM and it's currently summer. However the alcohol in this dries my skin out really bad it also itches. My last attempt to test this out, my face turned patchy red and I was getting bumps all over my face.. and it was just very uncomfortable/itchy. I'm more than certain I'm allergic to it. I'm not one to have sensitive skin, I can use most foundations and even mineral makeup (including PF's). This doesn't happen often so it was really surprising I was reacting so badly to an claimed Organic product. The only d/s TM I've had luck with is the CoverGirl Advance Radiance.. Organic or not at least when using that I never felt like I was trying to slowly burn my face off. Stay away from this if you have sensitive skin or just don't want a tube of alcohol rubbed on your face.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm reviewing this prematurely and will update in about a week. I wanted to post that these shades run so light. There are only 4 shades before you run into the bronzer category, so I purchased the 3rd shade (light to natural) thinking it would be fine since I've never been the darkest shade of any foundation/TM. I then exchanged it for the last shade which looks too light too. It's very sheer so the color seems to blend in, but I wanted to give anyone interested in this an early heads up since the tube is opaque and the little you can see of it, looks darker than it really is. It feels pretty good on my face and didn't make it greasy. I doubt it'll be anywhere near my GA face fabric (#3 btw), but would like to find something I can wear directly on my face for some quick public appearances. lol. I'll update after I've worn it a while to see if there are any breakouts, etc.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have combination skin so I thought maybe a tinted moisturizer would be good for my combination skin. This TM didn't work for me. The oily parts of my face became ten times oiler. I'm not counting off for that because the product is supposed to moisturize. However, on the drier parts of my face, this TM caused my eczema to flare. I'm giving this product a two because if you have slightly dry skin with no eczema problems, I think it might work for you. The coverage was nice, very light. The color was great, too. I bought the light to natural color and it was perfect for my light, warm toned skin. This stuff is quite yellow, so beware. I loved the color because it matched my skin perfectly but I know that cooler toned girls would have issues with the color.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this for a few months and my skin absolutely loves it. Sinks in quickly & makes my skin SILKY soft all day and into the night. It has descent coverage for a TM. The scent is strong at first but then fades very quickly. You MUST give it a little shake before you use it. I have Normal to dry skin, acne prone around the chin and mouth. Does not break me out. It doesn't completely cover my acne scars, I need a seperate concealer for that but over all evens out my complexion. I really love it. Highly recomend it!

i exchanged the powder, which was too light and what i thought was a chalky finish for this. this deos have a strong lavendar smell that goes away after application. i like the smell but be warned it is strong!
I got the natural/tan darkest color for summer. i am a light complexion with freckles, and this color works, it blends well and feels very light on the face. i usse this with my clinique moisturizer and a light sweep of bronzer powder.

so far this stuff appears to be very good. i have sensitive skin, so i will update this if it causes me to break out.

TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.95%. SPF 15.
it smells like lavender. its not loaded with crap chemical fragrance so of course it won't smell like chanel.

i love this. its a perfect TM for me. i still use my regular moisturizer under it...as I do with all TM. dewy finish.

I was really excited when PF came out with this new Organic Line. I bought a concealer, tinted moisturizer, and a bronzer.

I wore it for one day so far, and I have to say I'm not too impressed. The powder is too shiny for me. I suppose I could go buy the Matte Finishing Veil Translucent to take care of that problem. But I really don't want another layer on my skin.

Even the concealer (which matched my skin tone wonderfully, and went on well...) now looks cakey. All the pores on my face look huge and you can see the powder. In natural light I look even worse.

I didn't mind the lavender smell that goes along with the tinted moisturizer, and it faded after I put it on away. But the moisturizer itself at the end of the day left my skin feeling tight and my cheeks were bright red all day. I don't think my skin liked it, and I normally dont have sensitive skin at all.

I loved their packaging and the fact that it was organic, and had a somewhat decent rating on Skin Deep...but other than those two points, it really disappointed me. I was going to try going a shade darker on the powder light someone suggested in another review to see if it helped at all with the shininess, but I don't think it's worth it.

This batch is going back to Ulta for a refund. :(