April 19, 2014 | 1608 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Shimmer strips custom eye enhancing shadow & liner

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2009 4:43:00 AM More reviews by annhazen77469

These were ok. The pigments were lousy, mostly just the sparkle would come on to the skin, and that was when I used Urban Decays Eye Primer. The packaging is kinda annoying, they should have put a small mirror in the lid of the shadows. Just not the quality I am used to with other Physicians Formula items I have used.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by portbou7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have brown eyes but I got the blue eyes one and I love it .you can create a lot of dif. looks with this product .. I use the bronze-ish colors to create a natural look and the baby blue on the lid with the navy blue in the outer corner for some color.. looks great.the texture is very soft , almost creamy feeling easy to apply and blend ..

i find that i dont reach for it for daytime because of the shimmer/frost factor... a great buy overall though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Simply put, I LOVE these! I haven't reached for any other shadows since I got them. I have 3 now: the regular hazel and green, and the new smoky eyes in brown, which is amazing. These are the softest, smoothest, easiest to blend shadows I think I own (which includes higher-end stuff), and the shimmer isn't OTT so they're wearable anywhere you go, day or night. They're so versatile and look just as good used dry as they do wet (which is more dramatic; dry is softer), except they do need a primer underneath, but what e/s doesn't? Used with a primer, they wear beautifully for me until I take them off, and I actually like the applicator. These can be a bit pricey for drugstore at somewhere near $12 a pop where I am, but they sometimes go on sale, and even if not they're worth every penny. I was going to say they don't seem make my eyes look that different, but I get compliments every time I wear these so maybe there's something to it. In any case, I'll buy them as long as they make them. If you haven't tried any PF before, this is a good place to start because these babies may just change your mind about this brand :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2008 8:42:00 PM More reviews by ellyyang

This is a versatile palette. I bought this for brown eyes. It's a combination of three tones (light, medium, dark) of three shades (peach, purple, brown). So, it's also good for traveling--this palette does it all. The colors really enhance my brown eye color. The colors go on smoothly and have good lasting power. The reason I took one lippie off is because the applicator is not so good and it's a little bit hard to open if you have long and soft nails.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 8:12:00 PM More reviews by ohiopirate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this in the brown eyes because I liked the color combination more than the green eyes one. I was pleasantly surprised with these eyeshadows. I've tried all the colors and they all look good on me, and the palette is very versitile. I really love the light champagne colors and they go on really natural for me with just a hint of shimmer to reflect light. This would be great for travelling because you have so many possible looks in one compact. I can see myself buying this after I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2008 10:06:00 PM More reviews by jimbeamismybf

Lately I've been going for a more natural beauty that a done up beauty! I'd rather look like I'm pretty naturally that I had to spend hours in the morning putting my face on! This stuff is great! I don't think that they've got the colors right on some of them, but I mix and match depending on my mood. You can tell I have eye shadow on, but it's not so much that people really notice it! I like that they have a shimmer to them, because it makes me feel a little more radiant!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 9:38:00 PM More reviews by sniffer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the set for green eyes (I have brown eyes), and I really like it. Unfortunately, I dropped the first one I bought and a section with the olive color I like fell out. OK, on to package #2. The colors go on smoothly and are quite pigmented. I haven't used many of them yet, but there is room for a lot of experimentation. I did notice that the set for blue eyes is similar to a Bobbi Brown palette that costs around $40, so save yourself some dough, gals! I had rated this a 4 but I like the organics shadow better, so that dropped it a point. But still, this is a quality product and I usually don't like drugstore eye shadows.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2008 4:38:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I love it love it love it! I actually bought this in the brown eyes, green eyes and blue eyes sets, and they're all great (although the green eyes are slightly inferior I think). All the colours are fantastic (although the browns get very redundant), they go on so smooth and shimmery, and last long without creasing. They work well both wet and dry. I have one gripe, and that's the little sponge tip applicator. I find it's a very awkward shape and I can't use it. I use either my fingers, a regular sponge tip applicator, or a brush. These are my favourite eye shadows ever! I used to be an eye shadow fiend, but ever since I tried these, I rarely use anything else. True HG.
Update 5/17/10: Just a note - these shadows do NOT work for me with UDPP. Over UDPP, the wear is worse than on my bare lids. Wonderful with Lumene or TFSI underneath.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2008 5:28:00 AM More reviews by SummerDew

I bought this for brown eyes.

The three lightest shades (brown, lavender and peach) when used to attempt the subtle look would all end up as one tone peachy shimmery colour that did not accentuate the eye.

The darkest tones are good. but the lighter which is 6/9 of the shades are too shimmery and when light is reflected on it makes it nearly the same shade, therefore not very attractive all over the lid. Very good to apply on the tear duct (inner corner of eye) to brighten up the eye. Don`t get me wrong the shadow is pigmented, but on the 6 lighter tones against the light the shimmer over powers the colour. I say don't use this palette alone and mix in some matte colours for a complete eye look.

The liner sponge brush is great, I like that brush. It works well with the shadows in lining the eyes. But not really meant for overall application on lid.

Other than that i dont recommend for the price. Expensive for a drugstore product for only 3 tones of colour, (even though it has 9 colours, it's almost the same as using the 3 darkest colours and building up the intensity, instead of having 6 shades. The browns also gets redundant and boring on the palette for brown eyes. The other colour eye palettes seems to have more varying interesting shades.

Good alternative "Naked palette". I have the Naked palette and it serves about the same purpose except it doesn't have the matte nude colours and the black but still workable.

Here are swatches I took under Artificial Light (for brown eyes): continued >>

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2008 3:32:00 PM More reviews by jdruler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love these eyeshadows. I have blue eyes and they make my eyes stand out. I also bought the ones for brown eyes because I liked the colors. It's great for both day and evening wear as it's not too light or too strong. The combos are great and the little suggestions that come with the package are wonderful but, like it said, the combinations are endless. I only wish that the package opened to the side and not upwards, but it's just a preference but oh well, love em. Will use and buy again.