November 1, 2014 | 1081 users online

Palettes - Christian Dior - Shimmer Powder 001 Rose Diamond, Spring 08

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2008 4:50:00 PM More reviews by icypeeches

This might be my favorite addition to my spring makeup collection. I own many shimmers, but none like this. Adds a glowy look without being too shimmery. Went to 3 stores to find it as they were all sold out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2008 9:31:00 AM More reviews by everyday_art

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a sure winner for Spring 2008. It is light and not too shimmery for older skin. Fine texture blends easily. A bit too light for a blush but looks great over a pink or rose blush. I might have to get another of these since they are limited edition. I like this much better than BB shimmerbrick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2008 12:19:00 PM More reviews by maan84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Rose Diamond is a Shimmer Powder which is part of the Spring 2008 collection by Christian Dior. It is LE.

Like the previous reviewer Jojoba, I was immediately drawn to this lovely product. Since the SA said it's LE I just had to get it.

In retrospect, I am very happy I bought it. It is such a great product. It is called "a magical shimmering pressed powder". And that's really what it is. It can be worn as a blush (on pale skinned ladies) or you can use it as a shimmering powder which you apply before applying the actual blush. However, I prefer to use it as an all over illuminating powder. I usually blend it over the forehead, temples, cheekbones and chin. Before trying I was a bit skeptical, thinking it was too pink to be applied as an all over shimmer/illuminating powder. But that was not the case at all. The shimmer is very subtle and ultra-fine. It does fuse with your skin creating that "glow" we all want to have. It really does highlight my complexion in a beautiful and subtle way.

When I wore it as a blush it was a tad bit too pale for my taste and I definitely prefer to wear it underneath a powder or cream blush.

I absolutely love the soft and silky texture. It's very easy to apply. A few strokes with the bronzer brush is all that's needed to create that gorgeous glow.

The packaging is beautiful. I absolutely adore the chic, mirrored compact. The compact does not come with a brush. That's really not necessary in my opinion, since the brushes that comes with are usually pretty bad. And for this specific product you'd want to use a larger brush, preferably a bronzer brush.

I will be using this shimmer powder a lot! If it weren't an LE product, I'd definitely repurchase over and over again. In my opinion this is the best product of the Spring 2008 collection. Much more wearable and beautiful than the Flower Blossom palette which I'll not be getting. The Rose Diamond Shimmer Powder might be my best makeup purchase of 2008. The price tag could have been a huge downside with this product but it really isn't. Considering I already love this product and will be using it a lot! Honestly, it's worth every penny. continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No