April 20, 2014 | 977 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 4:31:00 AM More reviews by iwuvyumi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

In my opinion, this is one of the best easy-to-apply eyebrow products out there! The only downfall I have with it is that if you use it constantly, you tend to run out pretty fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by agomez10

I LOVE THIS FOR MY EYE BROWSSSSS!!!!!! I never thought I'd go back to pencil brow again... I was using the Elf eye brow kit and still use the setting powder it comes with after applying the define a brow. I have this in medium it matches my hair and eyes perfectly. Stays all day. Easy light strokes it's amazing!!! and I hated the define a line eye liner... so wasn't skeptical ..only down side is the amount of product..which I got more!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by applecour

This is almost my HG brow liner. I can't decide between this one or MAC's brow liner. They're both pretty awesome, but this one's much cheaper.

I love that it comes in a color to match my hair so it looks natural. I also love how thin the stick is. It makes it very easy to do small light strokes and keep it light so it doesn't look too painted on. It also stays on pretty long.

I knocked off one lippie because of the stupid comb on the end. I wish it was a brush like Rimmel's brow liner. The comb just gets in the way of sticking the cap on the end while I use it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in dark blond and for me the color is perfect. I saw a video on brows where they said to stay away from warm toned colors which makes sense to me because my favorite brow products are all really cool toned even though I'm a red head (my favorite is currently MAC omega eyeshadow mixed with a little charcoal brown). The product is a little dry and dense, I wish it was just a little softer. I love how tiny the diameter of the product is so you can get a very fine line. I don't use the comb, I wish there was a spoolie on the end but not a must because most of us have laying around. Overall a great product, but for .001 oz at about $6 it's actually more per ounce than the MAC brow pencil which is really similar. You could get it on sale and it would be cheaper though. No really sure if I would repurchase. I still prefer the above mentioned eyeshadow regime and I like multipurpose products so I'll probably go back to that.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by ParfumLust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It's okay. It's quite waxy and stiff. I find that because it's so waxy the color does not apply smoothly. Also, the color medium brown is too warm for me. They shouldn't call it medium brown. It should have a name like chestnut. I will use this up by applying it in a thin layer then putting a darker powder over it. I figure the wax will help the powder last longer. I wouldn't turn someone off from buying this. I think for some people the forumla and color will be fine. However, I'll never purchase this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by amandaraeca

I had to break it apart in order to use it, as the twisting comb at the bottom did nothing. Obviously a defect, but beyond that: This is completely overpriced!

I agree with whomever said it is much too waxy. If you need to define shape and not just fill in, this is not the product for you - if you're lucky enough to get a non-defective one.

The only pro I can think of is that the colour of the "Dark Brown" is truly perfect for those with extremely dark eyebrows (mine are coal black) to give some life to them.

This completely turned me off Maybelline products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I experimented with quite a few brow products in the past few months. None of them thrilled me. This didn't at first either but now I can't go without it. This goes on nicely, love the fine tip. Wish it had a spoolie instead of the little comb but I like that the packaging is green so it's easy to spot among my brushes.
I am NW10, medium auburn (dyed) & use Medium Brown. It does lean reddish but with my haircolor, it's *perfect*

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

PERFORMANCE: I have full eyebrows so I only use the pencil to lightly give me more definition. Maybelline's Medium Brown (similar to MACs Lingering) matches my eyebrows ok. It stays put for several hours. If I go over it with a brown powder, it lasts about 8 hours and looks more natural.

PRICE: This is too expensive! You pay about $7 for .001 grams. For you MAC fans, in this instance, MAC is a better value...for $14.50 you get .003 grams of the MAC pencil. That is 3 times as much! One would spend about $21 dollars to purchase 3 pencils to get as much product in a single MAC pencil. Plus, eyebrows pencils qualify as a Back to MAC product (6 empty containers are redeemable for a free full size lipstick.) For this reason, I would not purchase Maybelline's define-a-brow again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Favorite, Holy grail eyebrow pencil! I keep trying to find a replacement for this (because it is kind of pricey as far as drugstore makeup goes) but I cannot find anything that comes close to this. The tip is very small, which I like. It allows for more precision. It also has a comb at the other end. (which I don't use because I barely have any brows as it is...but it works nicely as a lash comb in a pinch) Only complaint other than the price is that sometimes I'll get a dud where I twist it up and the tip keeps breaking off. I'm not sure if the product got cracked inside the tube or the product was defective and not as strong (hard) as it's supposed to be. It's highly annoying... especially when you don't get much product as it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 7:52:00 AM More reviews by lorwayk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This definitely enhances the look of my brows. I do need to use a brow brush to even it out..It goes on okay - it is just the first little swipe to get it going it seems ends up noticeable unless I brush it out. Then it looks perfect !