September 21, 2014 | 1998 users online

Crème - Becca - Stick Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2007 7:37:00 AM More reviews by dropsofJupiter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have normal to dry, PPP skin. I absolutely love this foundation. At first I was a bit worried that it was too dry to blend and would be too heavy. It isn't. I usually wear foundation with light coverage and I apply a dab of this on forehead, cheeks, nose and chin and blend it with fingertips. The warmth from my fingers blends it perfectly and it goes on smoothly. I don't find this greasy at al in fact like the concealer it feels very dry. It lasted all day through hot temperatures and lots of perspiring and I never felt oily. In fact, I never felt the foundation at all which is very important to me. The color match I got with Praline is perfect. I will use this when I really want to look perfect! It gave a flawless look all day.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2007 2:53:00 PM More reviews by AgentKitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Greasy, heavy and caused a break out! Good luck washing it off. I tried to like it for a week, but my glasses kept sliding off! It will be going back to NM as soon as I can get over there.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2007 11:13:00 AM More reviews by ejiro

OH THE HORROR!! after reading some rave reviews i decided to take the plunge and buy this product along with the concealer and the powder. In the shop the make up assistant was able to match my skin colour well (im a MAC NC50- ish) - the colour match is the only reason this gets two lipsticks it was just down hill from there. The coverage wasn't at all what i espected i needed to layer and layer and layer for ages to get any sort of coverage and lasted no time at all. The concealer was mediocre absolutely nothing compared to MAC studio finish concealer. People asked me if I was ill the first time i went out wearing this, it completely dulled my complexion. And as if this wasn't bad enough the smell is horrendous i couldn't stand it. Bitterly dissapointed I returned all the rubbish back to the department store. That was months ago and I still can't believe how awful it was. I practically have nightmares! lol! (i laugh yet im hardly joking - steer clear ladies!)

EDIT- i gave it 2 lipsticks out of generosity to begin with but that is just too ludicrous!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2007 8:05:00 AM More reviews by Mossaholic

I was very disappointed with this product. Despite getting help from the MA, the tone didn't match my skin (it was far too yellow) and the consistency was like that of a crayon, as another reviewer mentioned. I also found it to be very heavy on my skin. In fact, I had to cleanse my face three times and use a scrub to get it all off. I only recommend this product for those who desire extremely heavy coverage and an unnatural look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2007 10:44:00 PM More reviews by josette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just love this foundation stick for several reasons

1] The texture is perfect. Not greasy like the Bobbi Brown stick and not too light a coverage as with the MAC stick. This Becca stick gives medium coverage and the finish is like satin - not dry and not dewey.

2] I like the portability of a stick foundation as I travel frequently. I apply it with a small Smashbox foundation brush and then use a smoothing, pressing motion with my fingers.

3] The range of shades is vast so everyone can find their perfect match. I have light/medium skin with yellow undertones (Mac NC25, Stila 30 Watt). I went to Sephora and found that 'Tahini' is my exact match. Banana was just a little lighter and Macadamia was a bit deeper. If I purchase the concealer compact, I'll get it in Banana. If I get the powder, I'll get the Sesame.

Other brands are often too neutral or too 'orange' (Prescriptives I'm speaking to you...) Yellow undertones are not the same thing as 'golden' or orange and Becca seems to understand that.. So the look I get with this is natural and doesn't look different than my neck.
Just be sure to moisturize your face and throat first or apply primer.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2007 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Bronwyn5000

Why oh why did I buy this?! Oh yes I remember, I was persuaded by the girl in sephora! I was told it was practically budge proof, had amazing coverage and the humididty would not effect it. I was also swayed by the high spf and lovely color range. I'm extremely pale and the girl suggested pralines to me. Much too yellow. That was my fault though so I will not take off lippies for that.
I will take off though for the poor coverage, difficulty in using, high price, greasy feel, and the way it just kinda heads south on your face.
Oh also, after only a few hours of having this on I developed 3 large cysts on my face. Which is very rare. I blew it off the first few times and then when I stopped using it and finally went back to my beloved revlon colorstay, I realized it was this that did it.
I also bought the matching concealor. It's the same bloody thing. But of course everyone will have different experiences. I will mention though that my skin is very tough when it comes to practically toxic ingredients so I keep that in mind if I break out from a certain cosmetic.

I didn't return it since after a few uses it was nearly half done, so I use it as an emergency concealer now.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2007 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Halzer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Flippin' eck! What is this??
This is the worst textured stick foundation I have tried. Very stiff and hard to blend and has a waxy crayon smell. It doesnt do anything for my dry skin and just feels tacky and greasy.
The only positive thind about this foundation is that it comes in a range of colours, so at least if you are an artist and want to draw a portrait, you can use the wide range of crayons that Becca offers!
Bleugh!
If you like stick foundations, you are better off checking out Bobbi Brown or Prescriptives first!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2007 8:53:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

Great product for those who want an easy foundation. I have combo skine with a tendency to break out. I just swipe it on, smooth it out with a foundation brush or fingers, and dab more over any spots and I'm done. Not too heavy when applied this way. Color butterscotch is fine for my medium yelloe skin, though a bit dark, but will be perfect for summer. Like the rubberish tube.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2007 9:51:00 PM More reviews by rbyars1

YIKES....Just take a crayon, melt it and smear it on your face. You'll get the same results and not have to spend 38.00. I expected so much more from this makeup, such a shame. It literally feels like a thick, pasty, waxy skin-can't-breathe mask. Smells aweful too. The color selection might be good, but not worth the way it feels. Ladies, don't waste your money on this one ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2007 4:43:00 AM More reviews by schneewittchen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

unfortunately here in Italy we don't have access to Becca so I bought the Sherbet stick foundation on ebay for 1/3 the real price, just to give it a try...
I immediately felt in love with this product: it melts on my skin effortless and it matches perfectly with my skin tone (very pale with pink undertones), it lightly covers small red spots (like acne scars) and leave your face radiant but not shiny at all. A little touch of blush (pink 33E from shu uemura or rosebud from Becca) and I'm ready to go!