November 28, 2014 | 1236 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by lintrann

When i wore this, i dont know but i got break outs, i heard so much things about this so i went out and spent 40 dollars on this, i use this as a concealer powder, so after im done using my concealer, i put this all around my eyes, i use the mac concealer that is in a plastic tube, with a black cap, triangle form in NC30, this product i wouldnt buy again,

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by LenaOfDC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on Saturday and am now writing this on Tuesday. When I bought it my skin was completely clear. I now have..wait for it...9 pimples. 4 on my forehead, 2 on my temple, 1 on my upper cheek and 2 on my lower cheek. That's all I have to say about that.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

Please people, if you want to review this in another colour than MEDIUM PLUS, the other colours are also on MakeupAlley - search "skinfinish".
I don't like this. When the MAC lady in the store applied this, it somehow looked amazing in the store lights, but after some time this oxidized badly on me and went all orange. I actually bought this to use as a BRONZER (originally, this colour suits about NC35 skin). The MAC lady suggested to take medium deep instead, and was really trying to convince me that it was better without explaining why. I thought medium deep would be too dark... but I guess it may not oxidize as this one does...
When first applied, this looks normal on me, but after about half an hour it starts oxidising. At the and of the day, I sometimes end up looking like an oompa loompa! I ended up like that when I was an NC25, and just as much as an NC15 now. I paid money for this, and there's like, 90% of the product left, so I want to be able to use it somehow, but I can't find a use for it! It makes my olive-toned skin look green in comparison to the awful orange of the product - truly horrible look XO Yes, I have kinda strong feelings when it comes to this, because I want to use it so badly, but it has caused me nothing but an awful apperance. I have tried to use a minimal amount and a blush over, applying very lightly, only on small surfaces. It seems like it oxidises badly, no matter how much or little I apply...! It's truly impossible for me to wear this in any way and look good....
I would've tried some of the other skin finishes because they're lightweight, naturally dewy and the amount you get is actually quite big. Only thing is: for some reason I seem to be allergic to it or it's clogging pores or something... not sure, ut my skin doesn't seem to like it. UPDATE: the ingredients of this aren't very good, and it contains bismuth oxychloride, which is an ingredient I have found in several other products that has broken me out.
Also: when I bought it, I thought it would control oil - it doesn't - you may end up very shiny very fast. This is for me a common problem with mineral powders - I kinda feel hot under them. I found that this didn't really increase the longevity of my foundation either, so it doesn't work as a setting powder for me. If applied a bit too much, it even makes the foundation crease.
This powder is pretty soft, so (at least I think so), you should have a pretty soft brush, or you can end up with a little too much on.
BTW, this looks just like a matte version of Arena (MAC) shadow. So, If you want a giga-sized matte version of Arena, I suggest this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by ahuang300

While I love MAC and this product, I feel like it is nothing special for the hefty price tag. A much cheaper alternative is the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder which is less than half of the price and works just as well. For $29, this powder does not do anything extraordinary. It is a finely milled almost translucent powder that is great for setting makeup and concealer but does not offer much coverage at all. After I finish this powder I will try some of the other MAC powders (Blot powder, studio careblend, studiofix) and see how they compare.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by ilovebeautyy

This is a good powder, and good for and recommended for blotting. Also good to use to set makeup. This comes in handy, and a go to. Always good to have in your makeup bag, or with you.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by lincris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a lot of blemishes and scars from acne. I apply liquid foundation (only on the areas that have blemishes-my cheeks mostly) and then mac studio concealer. To finalize everything, I apply Mac MSFN to set the foundation and concealer and even out the skin tone with the rest of my face. When done doing all of this, my face looks flawless!
I enjoy that it provides coverage vs all of my other powders that mostly set the makeup.
Before using MSFN, I used to use Mac Fix+ a lot in order to remove the cakey look from my face. Now, I haven't been using it that much because the finish of this powder is so beautiful, not cakey. In fact, I would say my face has a dewy look after it, which I enjoy.
The downside is the price, but I have been looking around for a dupe, so that I can keep it in my purse, but no luck whatsoever...This is indeed a great product, and I'll buy it again for its great results, unless my acne goes away and I don't need the excellent coverage anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by leizel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference, I am NC25-30. This really does give a natural look to my skin. This is a bit darker than my skintone and use this as a contour around my face (and then add a darker contour on top of that to create a more convincing contour effect). I've been going back to this after trying various face powders. Hope they never discontinue!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by XP0S3D

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder is a good powder for those looking for a light to medium coverage (I've read from Karla Sugar that it can provide more coverage if used wet -- although I have not tried it myself). The finish of this powder leaves a satin/semi-matte finish on my skin. I have oily skin and I notice the product "melts" into my skin right away and does not oxidize during the day. It doesn't look powdery and cakey, but I would have to blot with a tissue and re-apply later on (which is no problem -- I have come to terms I will get oil no matter what).

Anyway, I use this powder to set my L'Oreal BB cream and MAC Studio Finish and Pro Longwear concealers. It does a fabulous job at holding these products in place. What I enjoy about this powder is the finish it leaves. You can definitely layer it for more coverage, but it never looks flat or dry. In the pan, the powder itself isn't matte. It has particles in it that has a very LIGHT sheen.

My two gripes with this powder is that I have to mix two colors to fit my NC30-35/C4, yellow asian skin tone and its price. Medium Plus is slightly light and neutral/pink for me while Medium Dark is too dark is golden/yellow, but slightly too dark for my coloring at the moment. Therefore, I would use MAC 187 or MAC 109 brush and dip the brush in both powders to get a proper color. I wish the price is lower too compared to other MAC powders (such as Studio Careblend or Select Sheer) for the same, if not, more product. I have learned to not rub the brush over and over to pick up more powder, but to dip and layer on for more coverage. I will continue to buy this as I enjoy the finish it provides.

EDIT (as of 07/27/12): I returned this along with Medium Dark. The color even when the two are mixed together still left a pink cast on my face. Having to pay almost $60 dollars and having to use two powders and still not get a proper color match was not worth it.

I also lowered the overall rating to a 3 (used to be 4) and price to a 3 (used to be 4). The color seems to suit more cool toned and neutral skin tones as these powders have a red-dish tint to them. A MAC SA mention to me when I returned the powders that these powders tend to lean a little more pink/red than yellow/golden.

For reference, I started using NYX's Stay Matte, but Not Flat powder foundation. The coverage is similar to MSFN and so is the finish and texture. I am using Medium Beige and the color suits me better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by megster0216

I love this foundation! I have been using it for 3 years and it works wonderfully. I have acne prone/oily skin and only use this and concealor and my skin looks FLAWLESS. I seriously have pretty moderate acne and when I wear this people actually comment on how nice my skin is. It has a matte finish and looks natural unless you cake it on. It lasts me about 3 months and I use it every day. It is kind of pricey ($28) but well worth the cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by LHartford

My everyday foundation. I use only this and concealer. This provides just enough coverage without looking the slightest bit cakey. Makes your skin luminous without too much shine. I put this on with the EcoTools Bamboo Bronzer Brush - the best brush I have found (and cheap) to apply mineral foundation without a hefty price tag.