December 21, 2014 | 1703 users online

Powder - Maybelline - Mineral Power Powder Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by xzombiecourtneyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was alright. Mineral foundations don't usually give really good coverage but this seriously failed. The packaging is kind of messy since it's loose powder but still. This does not stay on the skin at all. The oil in your face just makes this stuff completely come off. It's a little cakey if you're not careful as well. I guess this is good for people who have almost little to absolutely no acne. If you want, give it a try. It's not amazing but it might be for others.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2012 2:32:00 AM More reviews by st3f4n42srb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this for many years, thinking that I just had really oily skin. As soon as I switched to another powder however, I realised that my beloved mineral power powder was the culprit.

I loved this powder because it covered all imperfections & hid any lines or pores. At first it looked great, but after 3 or 4 hours it would start to get oily. And after 6 hours it was a MESS. My face would be extremely oily & the foundation would have slid around & melted in certain areas. Gross. I was so self-conscious whenever I wore this.

If you have dry skin, this will be good for you. What I liked was that when my skin was flaky, this foundation would downplay that, & make my skin look perfected.

As for the colours, I find that they oxidise very badly. I would start out being the correct colour, but by the end of the day I would be orange.
Not good...

In relation to the packaging, it's alright. I like that a brush was included. I have a thousand of them, because I repurchased this so many times, before I finally realised that it was the powder making me oily, not just my own sebaceous glands over-producing oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by makeupxo

I love this product! It looks great over my concealer and even everything out. It covers up any redness or spots that I might have. However at the end of the day, it looks like i did't put anything on my skin. I can see the blemishes and the imperfections. I like how it comes with a brush which surprisingly worked well for me. I would repurchase just because I've used it for over 6 months now and it's hard to switch to something else

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by KTElizabeth12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Mixed feelings about this foundation. It WAS my go-to and I used it from around spring to September. Good coverage, color match worked for me, good oil control. All of a sudden stopped working for me oil control wise and started looking patchy. Now this may be because of the weather change. I also find for whatever reason my body gets used to something eventually and stops working. Biggest pain in the a**. I will probably try again in the summer. Still a mineral foundation worth trying.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by scatcat92

This was a bittersweet experience for me. With dark circles, I look for a foundation that can cover well without the use of concealer (I'm only twenty but the lines around my eyes crease very badly). So I tried this on it's own and the immediate coverage was not enough without over applying. So i applied a small amount of liquid or mousse foundation first, and the result was perfect. Nice coverage but not too cakey. Unfortunately, the makeup oxidizes very quickly, turning orangey and flakey. The same thing happened regardless of the foundation or primer I wore under it, so I won't be purchasing again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by SymmieC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This, as well as the liquid foundation (discontinued) version of this. All of this line in general is just AWEFUL. Especially for fair skinned ladies. Maybelline does a terrible job in general of making fair/light makeup. It all makes you look orange. I am not sure I have ever met someone who was naturally orange when I see orange faces though I always think. Maybe she's born with it, maybe its Maybelline.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by mrskotkoff

I'm rating this makeup a HUGE 0 for me, but could easily be a 5 for someone who doesn't have my insanely difficult skin. It covers beautifully and evens out skin tone wonderfully. The brush sucks but I just used one I already had.

My skin is incredibly acne-prone and sensitive to almost every makeup so far. I have a super strict skin-care regimen which includes steaming my face using a wash cloth soaking in hot water with epsom salt twice a day (at least) to kill the acne bacteria. I was using Sheer Cover Mineral Makeup, and actually loved it and my skin was staying incredibly clear for the first time in my life. But they kept charging my credit card randomly for no reason so I cancelled my standing order with the company and decided to try this Maybelline Mineral Power, which sounded similar. NOT!!!
Whether it's the sunscreen or one of the many other ingredients, it broke me out like crazy. It clogged all my pores and it's taking forever for it all to heal and now I have scars again, when they were finally going away after 10 previous years of acne.

End of story, Maybelline foundations and powders CLOG YOUR PORES, even if they're mineral and even if they say they don't.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2012 8:39:00 AM More reviews by lamourdesoi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product has great coverage without looking too caked on. I found it quiet hard to find a good colour match though, as they all have orange undertones. I also am not a fan of the packaging, as it can get quiet messy. The product itself is nice, but considering the circumstances, I won't be purchasing this product again xoxo lamourdesoi

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by MakeupXOXO15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

so i have acne prone, oily, skin and i am constantly breaking out. i usually LOVE liquid foundations but my dermatologist suggested i use powder rather than liquid because its not as "stuck" to your skin. she suggested bare minerals but that stuff is too expensive. so i went to the drugstore and saw this stuff. talc, oil, and fragrance free sounded pretty good too! at first i loved this stuff. and it was the greatest to me but then i looked at myself in natural lighting oh my goodness is this stuff pink. i have fair, yellow undertoned skin and this stuff did me no good. if you have pinky skin go get this youll love it, it is truly amazing and i would so buy it if they have more colors appropriate for my skin. i didnt have a problem with the price, and the packaging didnt really bother me. the coverage depended on how much you layered on your face, but that brush it came with is awful. its honestly useless and scratchy.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by viniiyen

Too much shimmer, doesn't exactly highlight as well as my NARS illuminator. Packaging is horrible when traveling, a lot of the product spills over onto the lid. Not repurchasing.