April 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Masks - Pangea Organics - Facial Mask - Japanese Matcha Tea with Acai & Goji Berry

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2008 2:15:00 PM More reviews by debstar75

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really great quality mask. Yes, the price is a little steep at $30 for 2 oz., but the effects are wonderful. At first, I didn't see the dramatic results I expected from previous reviews. But then I took a trip to an area of high-pollution, and noticed my skin was taking a turn for the worse. When I got back home, the first thing I did after unpacking was put on this mask for 20 minutes. It truly calmed down my skin, reduced the inflammation of my breakouts, and left me soft and glowing. As someone previously mentioned, it's great for "detox" and smells like herbs from your garden. (Well, more like a big chunk of oregano, but you get used to it). I feel good about using this product, I only wish that it was more affordable. So this is more for special occasions for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2008 8:25:00 AM More reviews by elmochook

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this mask after doing some research on MUA and this had raving reviews !!

It really is a lovely product - I applied it after using Kate Sommerville's Exfoli-kate and the synergy of using both products really enhanced its overall effects. My somewhat pigmented combination skin looked brighter, softer and revitalised.

The product does have a slightly odd smell to it, due to the vegan approved ingredients but it is by no way unpleasant. I definitely recommend this one and will be re-ordering it again. As an added bonus, if you plant the box - it will grow the prettiest flowers for you to enjoy !

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2008 1:33:00 PM More reviews by babygreens

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh, how I love this stuff. I've gone through two jars. It just feels like it must be working and the ingredients list reads like an organic health shake or something. Green tea, goji, and acai! It tingles but doesn't irritate and when I'm done my face has that pale pinky glow and feels lifted.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2008 11:24:00 AM More reviews by star_s_l_b

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've recently began getting rid of all the chemical-y, synthetic products in my aresnal - which is quite a feat- and focusing on as organic & natural products as I can find...seriously, my skin and hair have never looked so good. So whilst on a hunt for a new facial mask, I decided to give Pangea Organics a go. The price was a bit of a shock for 2 ounces of product, but that's the nature of the beast with high quality organic products. The box actually DOES sprout (unlike my Cargo Flower lipstick box!!) with a beautiful array of wild flowers and medicinal herbs that are found in the products themselves. Now, for the mask...I really do like this. You really don't need a whole lot to cover your face, so the jar should last me quite a while. After 10 minutes of looking like I buried my face in a pond bank...voila! My skin was so soft and smooth and it makes me insta-happy. A great 'detox' mask if you've found yourself around a lot of pollution (or smokey clubs) without any stinging or burning. Why do masks sometimes burn anyway? I never got that. Now for the smell....that kind of gets to me. I don't know what it is, but there's something in the smell that turns my stomach a little. It's definitely not a biggie, just a smell that's an acquired taste. It's a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 11:27:00 AM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my ultimate feel-good mask. I feel good putting it on because I know when I wash it off my skin will look better no matter what condition it was in before. I adore this mask!!
The ingredients are all-natural, organic and wonderful… the one thing I was concerned about is that it contains lavender-derived alcohol as one of the main ingredients. I know that normal denaturated alcohol dries out my skin something terrible, but this plant sourced alcohol must be different because I didn’t experience any dryness at all. The other ingredients include: vegetable glycerin, green clay, seaweed, green tea and machta tea powder, irish moss… plus some oils: jojoba, sunflower… and then a bunch of essential oils.
On the packaging – interesting plantable outer box. Don’t have a garden myself, so I sent it to my mom who does. It made for a weird but nice present, haha.
The one teensy thing I don’t 100% adore about this mask is the texture. It is not smooth at all, lots of little chunks of green stuff… exactly like smearing basil pesto all over your face. So, yeah, the texture is a bit of a turn-off. But please don’t let that scare you away!
The scent is light and earthy, not too strong. I use it once a week and I leave it on for about 30 minutes. I guess the good thing about the texture is that once you apply it, it stays on. The little seaweed pieces don’t fall off.
It basically does everything the mask of my dreams would do… deep cleans without being drying or stripping the skin of its natural oils, clears and tightens pores, balances any oily areas, hydrates any dry areas, soothes any redness, makes skin glowy and pretty and soft. Enough said, go buy this mask:)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2008 2:47:00 PM More reviews by bettybooplovesmakeup

FIVE STARS!! This wonderfully scented mask brightens up my skin, and helps reduce acne breakouts. I am able to use it daily as a mask/light exfoliating scrub on my huge-pored, tough, oily/sometimes-combo skin with no drying at all. The pore-tightening and brightening effect lasts all day for me. It looks like ground up berry skin and greenish mud going on, but don't let the mess fool you. This mask works and, in my opinion, is the best product in the entire Pangea line.

As for some other Pangea products, here's my quick lowdown:
*Face Scrub - also nicely scented, gentle exfoliant, I also use it on my body
*Toner for oily/demanding skin - not sure it helps my skin, but the scent is heavenly and I spray it all over when I need a pick-me-up, its aromatherapeutic effect is its best feature for me
*Body washes and hand soaps - all are very concentrated, lather up surprisingly well, and remove dirt and oils effectively....I am considering using the hand soap as my kitchen dish soap....some have scents I don't particularly love, but I'm happy with the bergamot
*Facial moisturizers for oily and demanding skin - provide only the lightest whisper of moisturization
*Facial cleanser - good only if you're not trying to remove makeup or heaps of oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 1:41:00 PM More reviews by SirenRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing mask/scrub. I've been using several different types of masks and scrubs -- all sorts of clays and muds -- and this one seems to rise a little bit above them all. It makes my skin look much brighter and more awake, and much firmer. I'll attribute that to the teas and the berries and the seaweed extracts and the unique oils. And it really pulls out dirt and oil! I will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2008 5:45:00 PM More reviews by HelloBrigi

I am loving this mask...smells great. Leaves my skin refreshed. I use it once a week and add a little water after 10-15 minutes for a slight exfoliating effect. Smells like a spa...definitely a re-buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2008 9:14:00 PM More reviews by lisa_67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have to add to the love for this product. I love the Pangea line, because they're really committed to quality organic products. The outer packaging is cardboard, and can be planted to sprout fresh herbs; the container is glass, not plastic (no petrochemicals). The ingredients are organic and fair trade. Not only do I feel good about buying this product, I feel good using it, because it really works. I have combination skin, and need something that will keep oil and blemishes under control, while not stripping, drying, or causing irritation. This product admittedly looks rather odd in the jar - kind of like some pureed seaweed and wheatgrass mess. You can smell the tea, and the berries make the consistency very textured. I kind of like the earthiness of the scent. I spread it on thinly and leave it to dry, approximately 15 minutes. I then add a bit of water on my fingertips and massage it in lightly to get some exfoliation benefits, before rinsing it off. My face feels clean, bright, and fresh, but never tight or dry. My pores are tightened, and amazingly, they stay tight for several hours afterwards. This is now my favorite mask. I use it it twice a week, and it's really helped to brighten and smooth my complexion. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2008 4:20:00 PM More reviews by snowflake822

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mask I call my Miracle Mask! It does everything; deep-cleanse, detoxify, exfoliate, tone, hydrate, stimulate collagen, regenerate skin cells, nourish, protect and prevent wrikles. Its great for all skin types! My skin looks and feels AMAZING!! Love, Love, Love! Oh and its organic no added chemicals!