September 30, 2014 | 1809 users online

Masks - Pangea Organics - Facial Mask - Japanese Matcha Tea with Acai & Goji Berry

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 11:27:00 AM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my ultimate feel-good mask. I feel good putting it on because I know when I wash it off my skin will look better no matter what condition it was in before. I adore this mask!!
The ingredients are all-natural, organic and wonderful… the one thing I was concerned about is that it contains lavender-derived alcohol as one of the main ingredients. I know that normal denaturated alcohol dries out my skin something terrible, but this plant sourced alcohol must be different because I didn’t experience any dryness at all. The other ingredients include: vegetable glycerin, green clay, seaweed, green tea and machta tea powder, irish moss… plus some oils: jojoba, sunflower… and then a bunch of essential oils.
On the packaging – interesting plantable outer box. Don’t have a garden myself, so I sent it to my mom who does. It made for a weird but nice present, haha.
The one teensy thing I don’t 100% adore about this mask is the texture. It is not smooth at all, lots of little chunks of green stuff… exactly like smearing basil pesto all over your face. So, yeah, the texture is a bit of a turn-off. But please don’t let that scare you away!
The scent is light and earthy, not too strong. I use it once a week and I leave it on for about 30 minutes. I guess the good thing about the texture is that once you apply it, it stays on. The little seaweed pieces don’t fall off.
It basically does everything the mask of my dreams would do… deep cleans without being drying or stripping the skin of its natural oils, clears and tightens pores, balances any oily areas, hydrates any dry areas, soothes any redness, makes skin glowy and pretty and soft. Enough said, go buy this mask:)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2008 2:47:00 PM More reviews by bettybooplovesmakeup

FIVE STARS!! This wonderfully scented mask brightens up my skin, and helps reduce acne breakouts. I am able to use it daily as a mask/light exfoliating scrub on my huge-pored, tough, oily/sometimes-combo skin with no drying at all. The pore-tightening and brightening effect lasts all day for me. It looks like ground up berry skin and greenish mud going on, but don't let the mess fool you. This mask works and, in my opinion, is the best product in the entire Pangea line.

As for some other Pangea products, here's my quick lowdown:
*Face Scrub - also nicely scented, gentle exfoliant, I also use it on my body
*Toner for oily/demanding skin - not sure it helps my skin, but the scent is heavenly and I spray it all over when I need a pick-me-up, its aromatherapeutic effect is its best feature for me
*Body washes and hand soaps - all are very concentrated, lather up surprisingly well, and remove dirt and oils effectively....I am considering using the hand soap as my kitchen dish soap....some have scents I don't particularly love, but I'm happy with the bergamot
*Facial moisturizers for oily and demanding skin - provide only the lightest whisper of moisturization
*Facial cleanser - good only if you're not trying to remove makeup or heaps of oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 1:41:00 PM More reviews by SirenRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing mask/scrub. I've been using several different types of masks and scrubs -- all sorts of clays and muds -- and this one seems to rise a little bit above them all. It makes my skin look much brighter and more awake, and much firmer. I'll attribute that to the teas and the berries and the seaweed extracts and the unique oils. And it really pulls out dirt and oil! I will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2008 5:45:00 PM More reviews by HelloBrigi

I am loving this mask...smells great. Leaves my skin refreshed. I use it once a week and add a little water after 10-15 minutes for a slight exfoliating effect. Smells like a spa...definitely a re-buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2008 9:14:00 PM More reviews by lisa_67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have to add to the love for this product. I love the Pangea line, because they're really committed to quality organic products. The outer packaging is cardboard, and can be planted to sprout fresh herbs; the container is glass, not plastic (no petrochemicals). The ingredients are organic and fair trade. Not only do I feel good about buying this product, I feel good using it, because it really works. I have combination skin, and need something that will keep oil and blemishes under control, while not stripping, drying, or causing irritation. This product admittedly looks rather odd in the jar - kind of like some pureed seaweed and wheatgrass mess. You can smell the tea, and the berries make the consistency very textured. I kind of like the earthiness of the scent. I spread it on thinly and leave it to dry, approximately 15 minutes. I then add a bit of water on my fingertips and massage it in lightly to get some exfoliation benefits, before rinsing it off. My face feels clean, bright, and fresh, but never tight or dry. My pores are tightened, and amazingly, they stay tight for several hours afterwards. This is now my favorite mask. I use it it twice a week, and it's really helped to brighten and smooth my complexion. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2008 4:20:00 PM More reviews by snowflake822

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mask I call my Miracle Mask! It does everything; deep-cleanse, detoxify, exfoliate, tone, hydrate, stimulate collagen, regenerate skin cells, nourish, protect and prevent wrikles. Its great for all skin types! My skin looks and feels AMAZING!! Love, Love, Love! Oh and its organic no added chemicals!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2008 4:17:00 PM More reviews by snowflake822

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2008 9:54:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really loved this product a lot. It was effective in deep cleansing my skin, yet not harsh or redness-inducing. It looked like I was smearing mud on my face, but the smell was not as bad. Plus you can use the box to plant in your garden since you can recycle it. I spent 34 dollars on it and it was well-worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2008 2:03:00 PM More reviews by sanrosee

This mask looks and feels like putting swamp muck -- but it is effective. My face looks very clean and smooth immediately after removing the mask. And the clarity of my skin signficiantly improved after using the mask once a week for a month.

Like other Pangea products, it is made from natural ingredients and packaged in eco-friendly material. I paid $31 for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2007 9:34:00 AM More reviews by astroblack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

Finally, a Pangea Organics Product I really like!
This mask (which I also use as a scrub because of this kernels in it) is pretty nice. It leaves my skin very soft and lightly hydrated. The mask has definitely reduced the amount of dead skin clinging to my face.
When I have time, I leave it on for about an hour simply because I love the smell. It lingers on the skin.
I do wish it were cheaper, because I'm not dishing out $30 for it again. But I'll enjoy it while it lasts. It's a relief to know I'm not putting anything harsh on my skin.