Pangea Organics Facial Mask - Japanese Matcha Tea with Acai & Goji Berry

4.4

Purified Water, Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Lavender Alcohol, Green Clay, Wildcrafted Seaweed, White Bentonite, Organic Green Tea Powder, Organic Matcha Tea Powder, Wildcrafted Sea Vegetable Powder, Glycerol Stearate, Soy Lecithin, Wildcrafted Irish Moss, Sucrose Stearate, Organic Cane Sugar, Organic Jojoba Seed Oil, Organic Sunflower Seed Oil, Vitamin E, Organic Essential Oils of: Green Mandarin, Green Myrtle, Lavender, Basil Linalol, Organic Herbal Extracts of: Green Tea, Yerba Mate Tea, Cucumber, Calendula, Kelp, Goji Berry, Acai Berry, Lemon Peel, Peppermint, Rosemary Xanthan Gum.

on 7/11/2008 1:33:00 PM

Oh, how I love this stuff. I've gone through two jars. It just feels like it must be working and the ingredients list reads like an organic health shake or something. Green tea, goji, and acai! It tingles but doesn't irritate and when I'm done my face has that pale pinky glow and feels lifted.

on 6/30/2008 11:24:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've recently began getting rid of all the chemical-y, synthetic products in my aresnal - which is quite a feat- and focusing on as organic & natural products as I can find...seriously, my skin and hair have never looked so good. So whilst on a hunt for a new facial mask, I decided to give Pangea Organics a go. The price was a bit of a shock for 2 ounces of product, but that's the nature of the beast with high quality organic products. The box actually DOES sprout (unlike my Cargo Flower lipstick box!!) with a beautiful array of wild flowers and medicinal herbs that are found in the products themselves. Now, for the mask...I really do like this. You really don't need a whole lot to cover your face, so the jar should last me quite a while. After 10 minutes of looking like I buried my face in a pond bank...voila! My skin was so soft and smooth and it makes me insta-happy. A great 'detox' mask if you've found yourself around a lot of pollution (or smokey clubs) without any stinging or burning. Why do masks sometimes burn anyway? I never got that. Now for the smell....that kind of gets to me. I don't know what it is, but there's something in the smell that turns my stomach a little. It's definitely not a biggie, just a smell that's an acquired taste. It's a keeper!

on 6/28/2008 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is my ultimate feel-good mask. I feel good putting it on because I know when I wash it off my skin will look better no matter what condition it was in before. I adore this mask!!
The ingredients are all-natural, organic and wonderful… the one thing I was concerned about is that it contains lavender-derived alcohol as one of the main ingredients. I know that normal denaturated alcohol dries out my skin something terrible, but this plant sourced alcohol must be different because I didn’t experience any dryness at all. The other ingredients include: vegetable glycerin, green clay, seaweed, green tea and machta tea powder, irish moss… plus some oils: jojoba, sunflower… and then a bunch of essential oils.
On the packaging – interesting plantable outer box. Don’t have a garden myself, so I sent it to my mom who does. It made for a weird but nice present, haha.
The one teensy thing I don’t 100% adore about this mask is the texture. It is not smooth at all, lots of little chunks of green stuff… exactly like smearing basil pesto all over your face. So, yeah, the texture is a bit of a turn-off. But please don’t let that scare you away!
The scent is light and earthy, not too strong. I use it once a week and I leave it on for about 30 minutes. I guess the good thing about the texture is that once you apply it, it stays on. The little seaweed pieces don’t fall off.
It basically does everything the mask of my dreams would do… deep cleans without being drying or stripping the skin of its natural oils, clears and tightens pores, balances any oily areas, hydrates any dry areas, soothes any redness, makes skin glowy and pretty and soft. Enough said, go buy this mask:)

FIVE STARS!! This wonderfully scented mask brightens up my skin, and helps reduce acne breakouts. I am able to use it daily as a mask/light exfoliating scrub on my huge-pored, tough, oily/sometimes-combo skin with no drying at all. The pore-tightening and brightening effect lasts all day for me. It looks like ground up berry skin and greenish mud going on, but don't let the mess fool you. This mask works and, in my opinion, is the best product in the entire Pangea line.

As for some other Pangea products, here's my quick lowdown:
*Face Scrub - also nicely scented, gentle exfoliant, I also use it on my body
*Toner for oily/demanding skin - not sure it helps my skin, but the scent is heavenly and I spray it all over when I need a pick-me-up, its aromatherapeutic effect is its best feature for me
*Body washes and hand soaps - all are very concentrated, lather up surprisingly well, and remove dirt and oils effectively....I am considering using the hand soap as my kitchen dish soap....some have scents I don't particularly love, but I'm happy with the bergamot
*Facial moisturizers for oily and demanding skin - provide only the lightest whisper of moisturization
*Facial cleanser - good only if you're not trying to remove makeup or heaps of oil

on 6/19/2008 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is an amazing mask/scrub. I've been using several different types of masks and scrubs -- all sorts of clays and muds -- and this one seems to rise a little bit above them all. It makes my skin look much brighter and more awake, and much firmer. I'll attribute that to the teas and the berries and the seaweed extracts and the unique oils. And it really pulls out dirt and oil! I will definitely buy this again.

on 6/1/2008 5:45:00 PM

I am loving this mask...smells great. Leaves my skin refreshed. I use it once a week and add a little water after 10-15 minutes for a slight exfoliating effect. Smells like a spa...definitely a re-buy.

on 5/25/2008 9:14:00 PM

I have to add to the love for this product. I love the Pangea line, because they're really committed to quality organic products. The outer packaging is cardboard, and can be planted to sprout fresh herbs; the container is glass, not plastic (no petrochemicals). The ingredients are organic and fair trade. Not only do I feel good about buying this product, I feel good using it, because it really works. I have combination skin, and need something that will keep oil and blemishes under control, while not stripping, drying, or causing irritation. This product admittedly looks rather odd in the jar - kind of like some pureed seaweed and wheatgrass mess. You can smell the tea, and the berries make the consistency very textured. I kind of like the earthiness of the scent. I spread it on thinly and leave it to dry, approximately 15 minutes. I then add a bit of water on my fingertips and massage it in lightly to get some exfoliation benefits, before rinsing it off. My face feels clean, bright, and fresh, but never tight or dry. My pores are tightened, and amazingly, they stay tight for several hours afterwards. This is now my favorite mask. I use it it twice a week, and it's really helped to brighten and smooth my complexion. Highly recommended!

on 4/25/2008 4:20:00 PM

This mask I call my Miracle Mask! It does everything; deep-cleanse, detoxify, exfoliate, tone, hydrate, stimulate collagen, regenerate skin cells, nourish, protect and prevent wrikles. Its great for all skin types! My skin looks and feels AMAZING!! Love, Love, Love! Oh and its organic no added chemicals!

on 4/25/2008 4:17:00 PM

on 3/26/2008 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really loved this product a lot. It was effective in deep cleansing my skin, yet not harsh or redness-inducing. It looked like I was smearing mud on my face, but the smell was not as bad. Plus you can use the box to plant in your garden since you can recycle it. I spent 34 dollars on it and it was well-worth it.

Popular Masks