Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE too faced, but this just didn't quite float my boat, for a high end primer coming from such an awesome brand? I was expecting more! the consistency was thin for one, and it didn't conceal any veins or redness on your eyelids alike the elf ones or benefits do. so yeah I won't buy again, I recommend something else, however its not the most terrible in the world, I do like the packaging

Amazing product! I have been using it for a few years and I honestly don't know how I coped beforehand. Nowadays, I wouldn't even consider applying eyeshadow without it!

In my opinion, it is equivalent to Urban Decay Primer Potion. I use Too Faced because it is easier to get hold of in Australia.

PROS:
* Does what it says on the box. I have very oily eyelids, but when I use this, my eyeshadow stays put and does not crease or fade.
* Lasts for ages. I use it pretty much every day, and I apply it all over my lids from the lash line to the brow bone. I still don't seem to use up the product very quickly because you only need a small amount.

CONS:
* Quite pricey (AUD $26.95 at Kit Cosmetics).
* Does make eyeshadows a little more difficult to blend, especially matte shades.

on 7/1/2014 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I don't see the hype in this product. It's expensive and doesn't help my eyeshadow stay on. I love the chic packaging and Too Faced makes excellent products, but this is not one of them. The consistency of this product is thin and not creamy enough. If you want it to work, you have to apply loads of the product on your eyelids. I have oily Asian lids, which might be the issue, but this product doesn't work for me. I worked for five hours one night and all of my eyeshadow creased. I switched to a less expensive and incredible product, which is Wet N Wild's Fergie Take on the Day eyeshadow primer. It's only about $4, comes in a chic tube, and it's creamy. It really helps me keep my eyeshadow on and is much better than the Too Faced one.

on 6/24/2014 10:37:00 AM

Even though it's an eyeshadow primer, I personally don't own any eyeshadow stuff, so instead I use this product for 2 other things:

- dab a little bit on the upper part of the bridge of my nose (in between my eyes) to make my glasses less slippery;
- a little bit on my eyelid before applying my eyeliner

In both these cases the product does its job, there is a considerable difference between the "sans primer" and "with primer" situation.

Pros:
- long lasting, efficient, the fact that you only need a small amount of product

Cons:
- the awful chemical smell, you need to shake that package really well, otherwise it's an oily-separation type of mess

But yeah, up until I find something better, I will be repurchasing this.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer is pretty self-explanatory—it’s an anti-crease eye shadow primer. It costs $20 at Sephora or Ulta & even though it costs a lot more than I'd like to pay for a primer, it's my favorite one. I have oily eyelids & finding a primer than actually works for me is surprising haha I've tried a few different ones, but this seems to work the best. It blends well & is easy to apply. I put a little on my fingertip, rub it on my lids, let it set, & then apply eye shadow as usual.

Not only does this make eye shadow stay on much longer & cut down on smudging, it makes shadow look better. It makes eye shadow shades brighter & more pigmented than they would be had I not used a primer first. Though I do think Shadow Insurance is overpriced, I recommend it because it does work & it’s not like you use a ton of it at once, so you’ll get your money’s worth.

on 6/16/2014 12:55:00 PM

I haven't even heard of an eyelid primer up until 6 months ago, I use to use concealer. Then as I got more interested in make up and started watching make up tutorials I heard that eyelid primer enhances your eye shadow wear. I actually ordered this one by default, because I ordered a sample of the prime and pore less foundation primer that came with the full size eyelid primer. And I will say this stuff is amazing, my eye shadow glides on so smoothly and stays put for hours. I slept in my make up recently (drunken all nighter) and by the morning my eye shadow was still on! Plus if you are a fan of Wayne Goss youtube make up guru, he mentions this product in his top 5 eyelid primer videos! If you live in Australia, I suggest you buy it off eBay.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Tried this after I finished my Urban Decay Primer Potion. Much prefer this, as it is slightly "thinner" in texture as compared to the former. It makes spreading easier. Will repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I would say that it's a decent eye primer. It prevent my shadow from creasing and it helps it stay. My issue with the product is that the formula seperates and the tube has to be well shaken, if not, it comes out watery and won't get tacky so it won't help the makeup adhere. Works great, aside from that issue.

on 5/27/2014 10:34:00 PM

I don't need a primer every day (I don't wear much, if any eyeshadow on an everyday basis). But if I'm going for something I want to last, or if I'm wearing something dramatic, this is the only primer that works for me. Urban Decay primer potion creases on me, as does the Benefit primer I've tried. This is my favourite. It's basically colourless on the lid so it doesn't interfere with your shadow, and it lasts FOREVER. 4 lippies it tends to separate in the tube if you don't use it all the time, and that can get nasty when you get oily liquid spilling all over.

on 5/24/2014 3:32:00 PM

I have oily eyelids and I used to use the Urban Decay primer potion but it stopped working and after over a year of using this I can say it is the best for my eyes! A little goes along way and it has lasted me forever