Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 8/19/2014 3:01:00 PM

I wanted to buy UD's Primer Potion but it was out of stock so I got the Shadow Insurance. I had read so many good things about it before, many of my favorite Youtubers used it and said it was a HG product. Okay. I'm so disappointed. Maybe I'm using it the wrong way but my eyeshadows crease like crazy with it and it feels so oily on my eyelid. At first, I thought I used not enough produc

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great lid primer. I'm still experimenting on which one works the best...but this one really is amazing.

on 8/17/2014 4:00:00 PM

This is my second favorite primer, behind urban decay. It's pretty good. But since they're similar price points I would go with the UD.

on 8/12/2014 5:47:00 PM

Absolutely fantastic! 5/5. Will never buy UDPP again! I do a lot of smokey eye looks and this keeps them flawless for 12+ hrs.

on 8/12/2014 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

HG for years!

I love the very soft, non-tacky, easy to manipulate texture of this product. It's perfect - staying power is seemingly infinite, it's easy to blend over, and comes in a narrow squeeze tube with a narrow tip, so it's easy to control. The only con is the price; the WnW Fergie primer rivals this one, so I will use that one as long as I can find it, but I do recommend TFSI for any who can afford it. If I could afford it and there was no CVS nearby that carried Fergie primer I would repurchase.

on 7/20/2014 11:10:00 PM

Keeps shadow on all day, through heat and humidity! No crease or fading for 6+ hours. Personally I didn't find it to be any better or worse than UDPP, they both worked just fine on my eyelids. It does what it's supposed to :)

on 7/15/2014 3:10:00 AM

I gave this plenty of time before reviewing it. I compared it to Urban Decay Primer Potion, ELF's Glitter Glue, and the Lock and Seal for holding stuff in place. Now, no primer has been found to be a magic potion, but this works REALLY well. I like ELF's Glitter Glue as well for when it's not humid or very warm since it migrates slowly. I use TFSI for when it's humid and I want to keep some sort of color on my eyelids or for a cut crease. TFSI migrates a lot less, but creases after a while, about 6 hours.

I'll buy this again, and definitely try the glitter glue. I won't try UDPP again, it just didn't meld well with my skin.

on 7/10/2014 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

So this is my favorite eye shadow primer and also my first eye shadow primer. I know about Urban Decay Primer Potion being just as good but I cannot say for sure since I haven't tried it. But with this primer, the staying power is awesome!
I have slightly oily eye lids and this primer keeps my eye lids crease-less all day and I never have a problem. Sometimes I go 8+ hours with my makeup and this primer makes my eye shadow look beautiful from 6 am to 6 pm and I usually never have to touch up my eyes (aside from a lil smudging from my eyeliner when I wear it).
My only tiny complaint is when I do my first shade. If I apply my shadow before the primer has really set then my brush tends to not slide as well but after that I have no problem. But it barely happens so I decided to not take a point off for that. Another thing is the packaging, I like being able to squeeze it out of a tube because I believe it is more hygienic then using a wand and dipping back into the primer every time.
I keep going back to this primer and I recommend this to all of my friends who are wondering what eye shadow primer to get. I think that to have a flawless canvas, you need to have a good primer and even if you have to spend a bit more, I think it is worth it because then your makeup will look better then without using one.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE too faced, but this just didn't quite float my boat, for a high end primer coming from such an awesome brand? I was expecting more! the consistency was thin for one, and it didn't conceal any veins or redness on your eyelids alike the elf ones or benefits do. so yeah I won't buy again, I recommend something else, however its not the most terrible in the world, I do like the packaging

Amazing product! I have been using it for a few years and I honestly don't know how I coped beforehand. Nowadays, I wouldn't even consider applying eyeshadow without it!

In my opinion, it is equivalent to Urban Decay Primer Potion. I use Too Faced because it is easier to get hold of in Australia.

PROS:
* Does what it says on the box. I have very oily eyelids, but when I use this, my eyeshadow stays put and does not crease or fade.
* Lasts for ages. I use it pretty much every day, and I apply it all over my lids from the lash line to the brow bone. I still don't seem to use up the product very quickly because you only need a small amount.

CONS:
* Quite pricey (AUD $26.95 at Kit Cosmetics).
* Does make eyeshadows a little more difficult to blend, especially matte shades.