November 23, 2014 | 1011 users online

Concealers - Everyday Minerals - Intensive Concealer - Medium [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 2:14:00 AM More reviews by XP0S3D

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never used a powder concealer until I tried Everyday Minerals'. I got this concealer from their free sample, which by the way is awesome! You can select up to three shades of their foundation, one concealer and a blush!

Choosing from the swatches, I felt the Intensive Medium shade was the closest that would fit my skin tone. Once it came in the mail, I tried it out instantly. I poured some of the concealer on the lid and dabbed my concealer brush. I dotted it on my face in areas like my under-eye area, blemishes and on the brow bone. I applied it in circular motion with my concealer brush and felt it was a tad lighter than my actual skin tone. I then used Everyday Minerals' flat top kabuki brush and buffed it in and got a better blend of the concealer with the rest of my face. I also found out that you can use the Intensive Medium a little wet. The next time I tried it I spritzed a little water on the lid and mixed it with the concealer. I dotted once again on my under-eye area and the usual spots. There IS a trick to applying it wet. Make sure you blend right away or it'll dry and it'll look streaky. I felt that it covers more when wet. Though when I'd have to apply prior and after applying Everyday Minerals' foundation, I feel this concealer covered decently. Definitely much lighter than MAC's Studio Finish concealer.

All in all, I'm happy with this concealer. I'm trying the Tan shade next and hopefully it's much closer to my skin tone and it gives the same if not close coverage as this shade. If not, I guess I could always use my foundation a little wet as it's the Intensive formulation anyway.

For reference, I'm NC/C35 in MAC Studio Fix, Shade 207 in Make Up Forever's Duo Mat powder foundation and Olive Medium in Everyday Minerals.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2008 7:05:00 PM More reviews by arosa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this since it was cheaper than BE's summer bisque. I love it. It is just as good as BE's concealer (which I do love), but MUCH cheaper. I will continue to use this product. It covers very well. I use it with BE's concealer brush that came with my Summer Bisque concealer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2007 12:45:00 AM More reviews by waterfreak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use three different brands of mineral make-up and I rotate them depending on my skin color and condition at the time. I love this concealer and I use it every single time no matter what other brand I am using. This goes on so smooth and it just sinks into my skin and gives excellent coverage under any minerals. I love the fact that it doesn't give a fake thick plaster look before I apply my main MMU, and if I ever have a breakout which is rare, I can still apply this again over my mineral foundation and then touch up that area and it blends perfectly with no caking or creasing. I tend to get red cheeks no matter how well I take care of my skin, so I apply this first before my MMU and it takes the redness right out. I have tried some other MMU concealers in mint green for the redness and they all don't work for me. I stick with this and I'm perfectly happy with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2007 10:29:00 AM More reviews by meeyaozers

Well, I used it while it lasted. It's good for the summer, but the color isn't awesome, and neither is the wear. If I leave for classes in the morning and return in the early afternoon, it usually looks pretty messy when I get back. The pigmentation is a bit stronger than the foundation, but not by much, and it takes a bit of time to apply well. You can't just brush it on and leave; you should pay attention when applying. However, I will say that if I took the time to really do a good job with this, the initial effect was very nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2007 9:12:00 PM More reviews by thesachiba

I use medium beige in warm. This matches my skin tone pretty good. I made such a mistake of ordering intensive light in my sample kit and it made me look like a ghost. For a concealer, this covers my past acne scars and the redness of blemishes very well. I didn't think I could get this kind of coverage w/ any powder, but this definitely does it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2007 6:26:00 AM More reviews by tanbelina

I agree with the other reviewers... it's too light a product. I use a golden medium/medium tan mixture, and it gives me reversed raccoon eyes! If this is happening to you, get some intensive tan concealer! THAT works fantastic on me. On days that I don't feel like wearing an entire layer of foundation, I mix a little golden medium foundation into some concealer and attack my undereye area and blemishes - the color match is perfect!
    For reference, I'm MMM, Asian, NC35-40, EDM Medium Tan/Golden Medium

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2007 11:19:00 PM More reviews by luvactuallyisallarnd

I agree with the other reviewers- this "medium" is definitely more for light to medium skin tones. I use Medium Tan warm in EM foundations, and this medium concealer was a bit too light for my skin. However, it does provide great coverage...I just wish the color were darker.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2007 6:03:00 PM More reviews by mutelorelei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Disappointing. The coverage is good, but it's way too light for my Medium Beige Neutral skin! It leaves a ghostly cast to my skin and doesn't blend well with my foundation. I hope they make a version of this that is actually a darker medium tone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2007 1:12:00 AM More reviews by prettypopy

I tried the EM intensive Fair concealer and was spooked out of buying anymore intensive stuff, until the intensive medium concealer came along. Even though it can be just as drying as intensive fair concealer, at least it did conceal my severe genetically + chronically dark circles under the eyes. Initially it has more coverage than multitasking concealer, but as the day wears on and my oil field started breaking through, the color fades off. For my skin type (oily) it seems like multitasking concealer does a better job at concealing dark circles with less drying, caking, fading, dripping, or changing color. I might consider buying it again because at least the color is a little bit brighter than multitasking concealer to help with dark circles. Other than that, the wear isn't as great with endurance and adhesion as multitasking concealer. I think I will try the intensive light concealer and hopefully it will work out for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2007 5:53:00 PM More reviews by shuston1

I just ordered this brand for the first time and am very impressed. Great prices, quality, and customer service. You can order a sample kit to try almost anything-the important products at least! It is amazing to try the foundatio and concealer before buying! I am always a medium in concealer and this was way too light for me! This would work well for a light/fair tone, definately not medium. So I will just try the next shade darker.