October 30, 2014 | 1590 users online

Powder - Mary Kay - Mineral Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by jbwoodward

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Hands down, one of the best mineral powders out there. And I think the price isn't too bad in comparison with other prestige brands. It creates a beautiful, natural finish. Sheer to medium coverage (I use 2 layers for better coverage). Now comes with a sifter :). Good for the skin. Didn't give 5 lippies because by the end of the day I'm pretty shiny. It doesn't last as long as liquid or creme foundations, but then again it is a mineral powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by kaitlynxo95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has never failed me. I've had it for about a year and have been using it on and off and it's still about half way full. At first I was using it as a foundation but then I realised I needed more coverage so I now use it to set my foundation. It works really well for that. The packaging is good because the lid also doubles as a mirror. It was only $35NZ which is the same as Maybelline mineral powder, and you're getting more of it with Mary Kay. I managed to get a shade perfectly compatible with my skintone. I bought a brush with it for $17.50NZ and have used it for every single powder that I use. I wouldn't trust any other brushes as this brush makes every powder flawless. The reason I have not rated it as five is because it's purpose is foundation and I find it to be a better use as a foundation setting powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 1:42:00 AM More reviews by sadetameka

So I ran out of my Bronze 4 and I am missing it so much. Everytime I wear it I get so many comments about how nice my skin is... and not my makeup... I have been transistioning into a simpler more natural look and this works for me. Easy to apply, quick, looks natural and feels light on the skin. I am about a NW45- NW47 so the Bronze 4 looks nice on my skin and melts right in looks natural.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2011 1:46:00 PM More reviews by zoogoesrawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

My skin gets very oily throughout the day and I have large pores and a bit of acne trouble on my chin. After using the Mary Kay concealer over my trouble spots I sometimes use the powder to even my complexion out. The problem is, my skin feels very itchy after that -- the powder is not cakey but feels loose and heavy on my skin. I have to keep myself from scratching my face as I do not want to rub it off. However, at the end of the day my skin is so oily that I simply cannot resist the urge to rub the powder off on a napkin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Sassybanjo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using Laura Mercier mineral powder and for me it's not as good as Mary Kay mineral powder.

I have enlarged pores and dry skin. Most foundations liquid or powder tend to be cakey on me. Not this foundation. Will definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Turquoise311

Most feather light, natural beautifyer I have ever used! I can now get a perfectly flawless, stellar look in just a few majic swipes of a brush! Would reccomend to anyone, oily, normal, dry skin, this foundation is awesome, and goes on lightly and is very soft and over all a very good foundation!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by kimiannie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is my HG foundation. It looks natural, and covers just about anything I can throw at it. One point of note, though - I've tried applying this many different ways, and the only way I'm happy with it is if I use the mineral powder (flat-topped) brush that comes with it... otherwise, it just either looks cake-y or doesn't get the same coverage. But if I apply this with the MK mineral foundation brush (and then use either a foundation brush or a small brush to put extra coverage on extra spots I need it), this stuff is amazing. I have really difficult skin; rosacea, sensitivity, adult acne, flaking, wrinkles and discoloration... yup, I have it all. But when I wear this, I get all kinds of compliments about how good my skin's looking (even from my hairdresser, who sees it up close!). This stuff is amazing. Absolutely amazing. And the Ivory 02 is a perfect match for my skin in the winter. I'm glad they've come out with a Beige 0.5, though, because even in the summer when I was tanned (and Ivory 02 was too light), the Beige 01 was too dark.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Rita19

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG Mineral Foundation!! Provides excellent, natural looking coverage. The finish is matte. I use this in Ivory 2 for my fair skin. Highly Recommended!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2010 10:15:00 AM More reviews by emily25

Again, I made the error of buying mineral foundation. Having tried Arbonne's, Avon's, BE and few others, I decided to try this. Bad move. My skin immediately began to itch and I broke out with cystic acne. I was a little disturbed with the rep as when I told her I had to return it, she replied she had not heard of this happening! Anyway, aside from breaking me out horribly, it has a very chalky look. My skin felt taught when I use it even with moisturizer. I would not recommend. I am 50+, combo/sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Kflores

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

the product is very cute! comes in a regular foundation shifter but the lid is like a mirror! i'd buy this product just to put another mineral foundation in the container! the price was about 18 but it was not all that worth it! it doesnt cover redness that well but leaves my skin smooth feeling! i mixed half of this with half the maybelline mineral power foundationand it covers good, leaves your skin soft, not cakey, and it even gave me a better shade to match my skin lol if you have lots of redness, i dont recommend this, but if your just looking to cover up lil belimishes, this product is good