December 17, 2014 | 1667 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Redness Solutions Soothing Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2009 8:57:00 AM More reviews by anatiku

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It didn't take all the makeup off, and left kind of a greasy feeling. I had to use a toner after that, which I hate.
On the bright side: no frangrance.
There are far better cleansers half the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 6:29:00 PM More reviews by dreamlandlover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best smelling cleanser I have EVER used in my life, I've never smelt anything better than this, that being said it is fragance free. I only use this at night, because it does have a very mild exfoliation ( you don't feel it), that's why there are reviews that complain about stinging etc. My skin's not super senstive, and my rosacea is not very extreme, a bit of redness on nose and cheeks. I love the texture of this cleanser, it feels so nice to use, refreshing, and yes, soothing. It also cleanses makeup, but I don't wear a lot so maybe that's why. It's good for people with dry/ combo skin, that needs a good cleanse, but at the same time it doesn't strip away at dry skin. As for the packaging, once you get used to using the tube, it's quite easy to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by muusicfreak678

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Overall, this product removes makeup quite well. (However, I must confess that I do cleanse with my trusty Clarisonic.) I am absolutely in love with the smell and texture of this cleanser. Almost feels like a delicious lotion on my face after application. On the down side, the packaging is quite horrible! After you twist the cap to close it, excess product is squeezed out. I always make sure to use that small amount so as not to waste any product. I'm pretty shocked as to how a respected cosmetics brand such as Clinique can make such a packaging mistake. Haha. Overall, I would recommend this product for those with dry and sensitive skin searching for a higher-end effective cleanser.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2009 3:35:00 AM More reviews by radovan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i just started using it and it feels ok so far, i have a small tingling feeling on my face when i use it, i hope it won't turn up to something bad!
i came across the ingredients for all 3 redness solutions products, note that the urgent relief cream contains hydrocortisone which should be used with precaution !

Redness Solutions Urgent Relief Cream
active ingredient: hydrocortisone acetate 0.50%

ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, butyrospermum
parkii (shea butter), cetearyl alcohol, squalane, butylene glycol, glycerin, sucrose, isostearyl neopentanoate, avena sativa (oat) kernel extract, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), cetearyl glucoside, hydrogenated lecithin, cholesterol, linoleic acid, methyl glucose sesquistearate, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, carbomer, sodium chloride, stearic acid, disodium phosphate, potassium carbomer, citric acid, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, sodium dehydroacetate.

Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base SPF15
This product is currently not available at the clinique.com web site.

active ingredients: titanium dioxide 6.40%, zinc oxide 2.00%

ingredients: water/aqua/eau, trioctyldodecyl citrate, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, steareth-2, stearyl dimethicone, tricaprylyl citrate, silica, barium sulfate, lecithin, sorbitan tristearate, aluminum stearate, sea whip extract, glyceryl stearate, tocopheryl acetate, peg-100 stearate, sucrose, pantethine, caffeine, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, ceteth-2, peg-40 stearate, dimethicone, cetearyl alcohol, glycosaminoglycans, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, steareth-20, bisabolol, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, phytosphingosine, sodium stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, caprylyl glycol, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, stearic acid, hexylene glycol, xanthan gum, citric acid, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289).

Redness Solutions Daily Relief Cream

ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), cetearyl alcohol, hydrogenated polyisobutene, butylene glycol, glycerin, sucrose, isostearyl palmitate, peg-100 stearate, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, polygonum cuspidatum root extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract/extrait d’orge, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ extract, cetearyl glucoside, camellia sinensis (yellow tea) leaf extract, aspalathus linearis (red tea) leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, methyl glucose sesquistearate, camellia sinensis (white tea) leaf extract, yeast extract/faex/extrait de levure, algae extract, caffeine, sodium lauroyl oat amino acids, hydrogenated lecithin, polyethylene, glyceryl stearate, salicylic acid, cholesterol, linoleic acid, acetyl carnitine hcl, glycine, inulin, tromethamine, decarboxy carnosine hcl, phytosphingosine, glycosaminoglycans, cetyl alcohol, tocopheryl acetate, bisabolol, squalane, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, behenyl alcohol, carbomer, silica, disodium edta, potassium sorbate, phenoxyethanol, blue 1 (ci 42090), yellow 5 (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), mica.

Redness Solutions Soothing Cleanser

ingredients: water/aqua/eau, squalane, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenyl trimethicone, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, avena sativa (oat) kernel extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract/extrait d’orge, sucrose stearate, sea whip extract, cholesterol, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), acetyl glucosamine, ppg-20 methyl glucose ether, caffeine, propylene glycol dicaprate, caprylyl glycol, stearic acid, sodium chloride, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, polyaminopropyl biguanide, yellow 5 (ci 19140), green 5 (ci 61570), blue 1 (ci 42090).

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2009 8:44:00 PM More reviews by emmgill

This is a really good cleanser. But i only use it periodically when my skin feels sensitive or dry and it feels great on my skin then. It removes makeup and makes skin feel clean and refreshed. Was fine on my sensitive skin. Makes me skin feel good in the winter. Don't think this will be a staple of mine though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2009 6:25:00 PM More reviews by vesuvana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yes it's gentle but it doesn't lather and takes a long time to rinse off. It does nothing for my redness that the much cheaper and easier to wash off Cetaphil does. Cetaphil also comes in a convenient pump whereas this is in a stupid tube that's hard to manage with wet hands. Definitely not worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2009 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Ava_B

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff does not foam or lather, so I ended up using a lot of it trying to get 'clean'. I never felt like it did anything positive for my skin. It didn't break me out or make anything worse, it just didn't do anything. I wouldn't recommend this stuff for people who like foam/lathering cleansers. It just feels like you are washing your face with eyemakeup remover. Yuck.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by LizLovesBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is super gentle and very soft feeling. I haven't put it to the test of removing a ton of makeup yet, just light makeup so far, but it is doing a good job. I have no irritation which I love.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by totallyx3jenny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

*sigh* this product DOES work wonders on redness- but like all other cleansers it makes me break out terribly. I am just not a cleanser person. If I don't use it then my skin is clear and if I do it breaks out. I really wish that this wouldnt have given me acne or id definitely be using it all the time. I'm now using just the redness relief powder- it doesnt work as well alone as it did with the three step system, but it does work well enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2009 11:40:00 AM More reviews by mAn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First of all - I just don't go with most Clinique cleansers. This is also one of them.

This cleanser is quite thick, but not as thick as for example Clinique Comforting Cream cleanser.

It doesn't foam, but it also doesn't cleanser a thing! Also what I hated is the package. It is the worst of all the Clinique cleanser. You have to turn the lid which is ok, but when you close it, a lot of product comes still out. Bad, bad, bad!