Clinique Redness Solutions Soothing Cleanser

3.3

ingredients: water/aqua/eau, squalane, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenyl trimethicone, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, avena sativa (oat) kernel extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract/extrait d?orge, sucrose stearate, sea whip extract, cholesterol, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), acetyl glucosamine, ppg-20 methyl glucose ether, caffeine, propylene glycol dicaprate, caprylyl glycol, stearic acid, sodium chloride, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, polyaminopropyl biguanide, yellow 5 (ci 19140), green 5 (ci 61570), blue 1 (ci 42090).
July 2015 reformulation:Water, Squalane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Cucumis Sativus(Cucumber)Fruit Extract, Hordeum Vulgare(Barley)Extract, Sucrose Stearate, Sea Whip Extract, Cholesterol, Helianthus Annuus(Sunflower)Seedcake, Acetyl Glucosamine, Lactobacillus Ferment, PPG-20 Methyl Glucose Ether, Caffeine, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Yellow 5, Green 5 ,Blue 1.

I have pretty sensitive skin which always tends to be red, so I bought a tube of this in hopes that it would bring down the redness, or at least just be gentle on my skin. This is *very* gentle, but it does a great job in my opinion of taking off makeup (although I suggest you try to take as much off with makeup remover first). It leaves my skin feeling fairly comfortable, although my redness has not gone down. That could always just be because I'm not using the other redness solutions products with it, though.

I don't like the packaging much, though. There's some weird opening in the packaging so you don't have to screw off the cap, just twist a bit and product comes out. This is nice, but I don't like that once I twist it closed, more product comes out. Just make sure you take a bit less than what you want so when the cleanser comes out at the end you're not wasting product.

on 3/1/2010 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have very sensitive skin and it gets terribly dry in the winter. No cleansers were working for me; even the Clinique Extra-Mild Cleanser felt too harsh. I decided to try this out and I absolutely love it! It's fragrance-free and feels so gentle, but still feels like it's doing something. The Redness Solutions line is fabulous, I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who has extremely delicate skin.

on 2/12/2010 11:18:00 PM

horrible cleanser -- doesn't remove anything, especially if you have anything waterproof or long-lasting. my moisturizer does a better job removing makeup than this.

on 1/21/2010 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My favorite cleanser :) I've been hooked on this stuff for the past few years, my skin feels so soft, clean, and fresh every time I use it. And it actually did work wonders on the redness I've always experienced on the lower part of my cheeks, which I really didnt expect from a $20 cleanser. I usually use my Lancome makeup remover, follow with this cleanser, then use the Clinique Dramatically Different magic yellow lotion, this combination really seems to keep my skin feeling and looking healthy.

on 12/19/2009 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had major breakouts from the take the day off cleansing balm, took that product back and got this one instead. Seriously, I had over 20 breakouts from the balm and had to go to the derm. I started using this product last week as the initial make-up remover followed by my liqued facial soap mild. This is a GREAT product!! It smells awesome (like cold cucumbers) , removes make-up pretty well and does a great job! not sure if it would be enough as a stand alone make-up remover, leaves a lotiony finish. But my breakouts have nearly completely resolved in one week of using the cleanser! I love it! Probably will keep this one to replace the balm ( never again) and my previously used comforting cream cleanser. Love , love, love it!

on 12/15/2009 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a very nice soothing cleanser for sensitive skin but it won't remove makeup, you'll have to use a separate makeup remover. It's creamy and does not foam but also doesn't irritate my skin like the Clinique Extra Mild Liquid Soap does. I still prefer my Cerave cleanser though, cheaper and leaves no residue when I rinse.

on 12/3/2009 8:57:00 AM

It didn't take all the makeup off, and left kind of a greasy feeling. I had to use a toner after that, which I hate.
On the bright side: no frangrance.
There are far better cleansers half the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best smelling cleanser I have EVER used in my life, I've never smelt anything better than this, that being said it is fragance free. I only use this at night, because it does have a very mild exfoliation ( you don't feel it), that's why there are reviews that complain about stinging etc. My skin's not super senstive, and my rosacea is not very extreme, a bit of redness on nose and cheeks. I love the texture of this cleanser, it feels so nice to use, refreshing, and yes, soothing. It also cleanses makeup, but I don't wear a lot so maybe that's why. It's good for people with dry/ combo skin, that needs a good cleanse, but at the same time it doesn't strip away at dry skin. As for the packaging, once you get used to using the tube, it's quite easy to use.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Overall, this product removes makeup quite well. (However, I must confess that I do cleanse with my trusty Clarisonic.) I am absolutely in love with the smell and texture of this cleanser. Almost feels like a delicious lotion on my face after application. On the down side, the packaging is quite horrible! After you twist the cap to close it, excess product is squeezed out. I always make sure to use that small amount so as not to waste any product. I'm pretty shocked as to how a respected cosmetics brand such as Clinique can make such a packaging mistake. Haha. Overall, I would recommend this product for those with dry and sensitive skin searching for a higher-end effective cleanser.

on 10/4/2009 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i just started using it and it feels ok so far, i have a small tingling feeling on my face when i use it, i hope it won't turn up to something bad!
i came across the ingredients for all 3 redness solutions products, note that the urgent relief cream contains hydrocortisone which should be used with precaution !

Redness Solutions Urgent Relief Cream
active ingredient: hydrocortisone acetate 0.50%

ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, butyrospermum
parkii (shea butter), cetearyl alcohol, squalane, butylene glycol, glycerin, sucrose, isostearyl neopentanoate, avena sativa (oat) kernel extract, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), cetearyl glucoside, hydrogenated lecithin, cholesterol, linoleic acid, methyl glucose sesquistearate, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, carbomer, sodium chloride, stearic acid, disodium phosphate, potassium carbomer, citric acid, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, sodium dehydroacetate.

Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base SPF15
This product is currently not available at the clinique.com web site.

active ingredients: titanium dioxide 6.40%, zinc oxide 2.00%

ingredients: water/aqua/eau, trioctyldodecyl citrate, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, steareth-2, stearyl dimethicone, tricaprylyl citrate, silica, barium sulfate, lecithin, sorbitan tristearate, aluminum stearate, sea whip extract, glyceryl stearate, tocopheryl acetate, peg-100 stearate, sucrose, pantethine, caffeine, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, ceteth-2, peg-40 stearate, dimethicone, cetearyl alcohol, glycosaminoglycans, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, steareth-20, bisabolol, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, phytosphingosine, sodium stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, caprylyl glycol, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, stearic acid, hexylene glycol, xanthan gum, citric acid, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289).

Redness Solutions Daily Relief Cream

ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), cetearyl alcohol, hydrogenated polyisobutene, butylene glycol, glycerin, sucrose, isostearyl palmitate, peg-100 stearate, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, polygonum cuspidatum root extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract/extrait d’orge, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ extract, cetearyl glucoside, camellia sinensis (yellow tea) leaf extract, aspalathus linearis (red tea) leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, methyl glucose sesquistearate, camellia sinensis (white tea) leaf extract, yeast extract/faex/extrait de levure, algae extract, caffeine, sodium lauroyl oat amino acids, hydrogenated lecithin, polyethylene, glyceryl stearate, salicylic acid, cholesterol, linoleic acid, acetyl carnitine hcl, glycine, inulin, tromethamine, decarboxy carnosine hcl, phytosphingosine, glycosaminoglycans, cetyl alcohol, tocopheryl acetate, bisabolol, squalane, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, behenyl alcohol, carbomer, silica, disodium edta, potassium sorbate, phenoxyethanol, blue 1 (ci 42090), yellow 5 (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), mica.

Redness Solutions Soothing Cleanser

ingredients: water/aqua/eau, squalane, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenyl trimethicone, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, avena sativa (oat) kernel extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract/extrait d’orge, sucrose stearate, sea whip extract, cholesterol, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), acetyl glucosamine, ppg-20 methyl glucose ether, caffeine, propylene glycol dicaprate, caprylyl glycol, stearic acid, sodium chloride, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, polyaminopropyl biguanide, yellow 5 (ci 19140), green 5 (ci 61570), blue 1 (ci 42090).