Prescriptives Foundation brush

4.5

on 4/20/2005 5:20:00 AM

Before using this brush I used my fingers, however from now on I will always use this brush! It is that good (although this is the only one I have used so I have nothing to compare against!).

I found my foundation went on much better and blended to create a really natural finish when using this brush and it is very easy to use. I would recommend it to anyone.

on 4/6/2005 11:13:00 AM

I cannot love this brush anymore. This is my first brush, and oh, how lucky I was to go with this one! Yes, it is sort of pricey, but it worths. The one not-that-satisfied point is that for its price, it should come with a case or a better package. I did not have any experience in makeup at all, but the brush helps me to make a very flawless and professional look with my foundation. BTW, the foundation that i use is also from PX. I have recommended it to several friends ans coleagues, and I will continue to do so in the future. I have it for about one month, and it is really so far so great.

on 2/8/2005 10:05:00 PM

I thought it was about time I wrote a review about this-I have had mine about 2 years. This brush is such an incredible workhorse. I have other brushes and even the most expensive has shed to some degree [even if only a little], but I don't think I've lost a hair from this one. It applies foundation smoothly and evenly [both liquid and cream]-I'd hate to go back to getting my hands all gunky. I believe it makes the application process a lot quicker. I clean it by using a spray cleaner, wiping with a papertowel, then rinsing it and air drying. It is very well made and lasts, which helps justify the initial price outlay-$30[US]. In this case you do get what you pay for.

on 2/8/2005 4:58:00 PM

I really, really, really wanted to like this brush but just couldn't!! I tried using it several times with a couple of different brands of foundation without success. My foundation was uneven, streaky, just plain messy-looking. I asked two separate sales associates to show me the proper technique (and even looked up online how to properly use a foundation brush) but just never could get this one to work right. Took it back to the counter and got my money back.

on 1/31/2005 6:52:00 PM

I always used my fingers to apply foundations, but what a difference this makes. It lets you use less foundation, gives a smoother application, a faster application, feels good on the skin, and it is a cleaner way to apply as long as you wash it each time. I really love this. I wish I had given this a try long ago. I shake the foundation liquid, open it and use what's in the cap to the bottle. I dot it on, then stroke in a downward motion. This gives a really natural look. So Pleased!

on 11/11/2004 3:01:00 AM

Great investment! Ill never go back to those make up sponge ever again.

on 10/18/2004 6:01:00 AM

Am so dissapointed with this brush as it didn't blend my foundation at all and left my face all streaky. :(

on 9/20/2004 3:03:00 AM

I usually do not mind spending top price on a good quality product. When the sales lady use this brush on me I know I'll have to get one of my own. I've been using it on a regularbasis for 6 months now. So far it is the best way to get a very natural look out of your foundation. I'll keep buying this again and again.

on 8/24/2004 11:48:00 PM

So glad I bought this! Feels really good on my face, really soft. I tried to save money & bought a cheap foundation brush at first and it was useless. I should have just bought this first. I like how I dont use as much product and it gives a natural foundation. I also use it to apply my moisturizer, concealer, creamy eye shadows, blushes & illuminizing creams. And when I get to the end of a bottle of foundation, I dip this brush in and get every last drop out.

on 8/18/2004 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I've bought this brush twice now and each time after a week's use the paint has split and peeled off of the handle. I've not had this experience with any other foundation brush I've owned and I own 3 different brands. My other 3 brushes have a harder enameled handle or plastic in 1 case so the base doesn't split w/ repeated washings. I don't think this is worth the money in any case. If you want a good foundation brush look at Smashbox's foundation brush. Costs about the same as Px but really holds up well even w/ washing it everyday.