October 2, 2014 | 1388 users online

Fragrances - Anne Pliska

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2004 1:01:00 PM More reviews by nurschic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This fragrance is a perfect choice for cooler weather. Its a very nice amber-vanilla scent with a hint of creamy orange upon initial application. If you like ambery vanilla scents, this one is worth a try...definitely! Its gorgeous!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2004 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Samantha_Thatcher

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

With all of the wonderful reviews of this fragrance, I was SO excited to discover it at Nordstroms recently. My reaction to it was immediate dislike; my apologies to those who love this but...I found it be very heavy and a bit obnoxious.

From the reviews of creamsicles and chilly vanilla ice cream, I was envisioning something much lighter and ethereal with a touch of sweetness.

Truthfully, it reminded me of Youth Dew which I vehemently dislike. I guess this was introduced in 1987 (?)...and it did seem to be in keeping with scents of that decade;
overwhelming. It was very "dated" to me, and not in a good way. The bottle was also about as unimaginative as it gets.

Anne Pliska has taught me a valuable lesson though...I will never again consider buying a fragrance "unsniffed"! haha

I know this is a much loved scent & I certainly don't mean to offend those who enjoy this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2004 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Araindrop5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mmmm...something about Anne Pliska begs to be sniffed again & again. I do agree with the remarks by the reviewer below--it couldn't be said more perfectly...it really is a post modern Shalimar with a L'Artisan Ambre twist to it plus some vanilla orange thrown in there.
I strangely love it though & am amazed at the lasting power. I might consider buying a big bottle of this.
Edited-Update- I developed an allergic reaction to this & sadly can not wear it anymore...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2004 5:55:00 AM More reviews by kaylabee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is sponsored by the generous contribution of a MUAer like you...

Anne Pliska reminds me of a post-modern Shalimar. Only this has a dryness and astringency rather than the syrup of its ancestress.

I agree with the previous review that there's a medicinal quality as well. Also a bit Windexy to me. Not anything that I'd purchase but it was fun to sample. I'm feeling very hip now and as a bonus, my sinuses are drying out nicely. :p Update: bumped it up one lippie for the heady lingering end notes...much better than the first phase. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2004 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Milana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Once again, I have to be the voice of dissent. I am the first to hop on the bandwagon and purchase whatever anyone on this site raves about.....and I'm always disappointed. I tried to like it, I wanted to like it, I kept telling myself that I would like it, but alas, I didn't like it. Anne Pliska starts out like a nice vanilla, and then somewhere along the line it just turns into this really sour amber smell. When people describe it as cold, they aren't kidding. It is cold as a gravestone and just as dry and hard. When I sniffed this, I got the sensation that I would get from using an antihistamine. A strange uncomfortable dryness to my nose. I don't think I have ever had that happen with a fragrance before. I kept hoping that I would eventually smell this wonderful vanilla, well, I did, sort of, but then the dry sour note would come back and overpower it. What a disappointment. I owned this fragrance years ago when I was a teenager. Now I know why I never re-purchased it and barely remembered it. There wasn't anything good to remember. Another MUA rave favorite that I just could not tolerate.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2004 10:18:00 PM More reviews by mangolassi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Powdery vanilla/musk/amber and a bit woody...this scent is, as everyone says, very chilly.

Reminds me of something an ice princess would wear, she is beautiful in a cold sort of way, haughty, regal, and ultimately untouchable.

This is not a very approachable scent, it seems reserved, aloof, and even downright snooty.

I would not feel comfortable wearing this, but I cannot say that I dislike it...it is just not very "me".

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2004 12:07:00 PM More reviews by my3sons

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just love this scent! It is so warm and sexy. Reminds me a bit of Shalimar on first 'whiff,' but the dry down is more of a rich amber like L'Artisan L'Ambre. A wonderful mix of vanilla, amber, slight orange/spice. I will definitely purchase this again. The only thing that gives me pause is the bottle - very old style and not in the Guerlain way, but more in the Jean Nate way. But if you close your eyes and spray . . . Heaven!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2004 5:01:00 PM More reviews by marinablue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Do not have the juice, just the body cream. Smells like a kissing cousin to Angelique Encens. Maybe the liquid is different? I get no chillyness from this one just a regal embracing blend of amber and vanilla. That sounds awful but it works. The cream is not attractively packaged and looks very cheap. It is a gooey pink and not deeply moisturizing, but who cares? It smells like heaven.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2004 12:16:00 AM More reviews by GlamDiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A cold weather vanillic woody fragrance the likes of Shaal Nur, Angel,
Angel Innocent, and others. I love the rose-red color of the juice itself. Reminiscent of Bal a Versailles and Shalimar as well but younger
and more casual.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2004 12:13:00 PM More reviews by goodlaw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I totally agree with rubykris...here I sit, in my hooded wool sweater in freezing cold and I smell like a creamsicle! After that initial burst of orange-vanilla, though, Pliska dries down to an amazingly chilly vanilla -- you can almost taste vanilla ice cream. This is not for those who enjoy warm, foody vanillas -- not in the least! There is something special in this vanilla that is ethereal, wintry and exciting!