Lise Watier Portfolio

3.9

Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cyclohexasiloxane, Candelilla Cera (Cire de Candelilla/Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Methyl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Cera Carnauba (Cire de Carnauba/Copernicia Cerifera Wax), Ozokerite, Cera Microcristallina (Cire microcristalline/Microcrystalline Wax), Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. +/- CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet).

on 2/12/2010 11:27:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product would be good if you have dry skin.
However... I have oily skin, and this product cakes on unless you prep it before you put it on. Who has that much time in the morning?
Keep in mind that this concealer is oil-based, so definitely not for oilly people (I didn't think twice when I bought it...).
Also, it looks pretty good when you first put it on- but, throughout the day, it separates (into a disgusting mess) and smears on the face, and I look like crap by the end of the day- so much that i look better after I take it off.
But, it also depends on where you live-
I live in Canada, which is very very dry. When I went to Baltimore, MD (very humid), I used this and it was perfectly fine, lasting throughout the day.

on 2/8/2010 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this concealer wheel because it had all the colour correcting colours, but I found this on the dry side even though it is a cream concealer. When i apply this on, i really have to blend it or it will definitely look dry. The green really conceals redness but makes it look white. If i had known, that it would be this dry, I wouldn't have bought it.

on 2/4/2010 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm on the fence about this product. First off, I have NC40 medium tanned skin with yellow undertones. The lilac works great as a matte highlighter under my brows. I combine lilac + brown to brighten my eyes and conceal eye circles. My favorite is the green to conceal acne and the red spots around the curves of my nose. The green works better to conceal redness than any flesh-toned concealer I have used. And yellow beige works well as another concealer under my eyes. The only color I don't use is Ivory. It is way too light for my skin tone.

My gripes about this product is that it really takes extra effort and adds extra time to my daily makeup routine because the product needs to be warmed on my hand to avoid becoming cakey. It is too thick to be applied directly on the skin and becomes difficult to blend. I use both a brush and my fingers to work the product in and to control the amount of product being used, and if I use too much under my eyes, it highlights all my fine lines.

It's a great price for 25g of product. It's like getting 5 concealers for the price of one. I would say this is full coverage. This is not recommended for those who want a quick makeup routine. It really does require extra work to blend. I prefer MAC studio sculpt to conceal imperfections because it is already blended to match my skin tone and much quicker to use. I will not repurchase.

Update Feb25/2010- I ended up returning this and bought the 5-Way Concealer by NYC for $6.50 CAD. I like the NYC much better. It is much faster and easier to blend with my fingers, and not cakey and thick like the Lise Watier.

on 1/26/2010 2:41:00 PM

I am on my second Portfolio by Lise Watier, and I really love it. I don't use the lavender, dark brown, or even the green much, but the lighter shades of concealer are excellent on my dry skin and do a fabulous job of covering my very dark under eye circles.
I try new concealers now and then, but I always go back to this one as it is reliable and does what I need it to. It cover really well without looking cakey, and it stays put. No slipping or settling into fine lines. This is a great concealer!

on 1/10/2010 11:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really like the coverage and constancy of this concealer, it is not too runny and not drying at all.

I am always using
-ivory (matches my skin well)
-yellow-beige (i mix with the ivory covering spots to get the perfect colour and prolong the life of the ivory colour)
-green (because i have a lot of redness)

rarely ever use:
-lilac (maybe i'm too pale to get any use out of it)
-brown (too dark, sometimes i use to contour but very rare)

I'm sad because I know when I go to repurchase I will still have a lot of unused up colours left... but until I find a better product I'll stick with this one.

on 1/2/2010 8:50:00 PM

I bought this concealer after reading and watching reviews on it, I am also an avid YT'er so makeup gurus like Kandee Johnson and others are always using it and recommend it all the time.
I would say this concealer wheel is definitely for people who are familiar with concealers and people who really need to conceal different types of blemishes. This product isn't 100% user-friendly, you really have know how to work this stuff, a little goes a long way and it doesn't blend that well but it conceals quite well. It's a smooth yet dry consistency, not creamy. I find it is one of the best concealers I've ever come across b/c it takes care of my redness and my dark spots. I love the variety and I never just use one color (I'm all over the green, ivory and yellow/beige).
I think this is more on the expensive side, about $30+ USD but I know this will last me years (even though that may or may not be a good thing) but it's a lot of product for the money. I only said I won't be repurchasing b/c of that factor..
Packaging is fine, I have no complaints. Every color gets it's own little section, nothing broke on me so far. The plastic-y container is strong.
Overall, I would recommend this to people who need a multi-purpose concealer, one who needs to take care of different blemishes.

on 12/30/2009 6:12:00 PM

I bought this yesterday, only used it once andso far i really like it. I dont think i would use the lilac for a 'glow' or the brown for shaping- i just uuse my bronzer. Im using my fingers right now to apply but i might consider buying a concealr brush, or 5 of them, 1 for each color but thats too expensive! I like applying the green on red, hard to cover pimples and then mixing the ivory and yellow-beige over top. When i used the ivory under my eyes, i got alot of creases/ wrinkles which was the reason why i stopped using my mac concealer so thats the downside to it. One thing i really like os how it doesnt come off when i put the foundation over top!

So i really like this concealer so far but i dont think its worth $30 cad.

on 12/29/2009 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a GREAT product - when you put it on, it stays on for the longest time, and provides really good coverage for my skin (which is completely acne-free now, but still has some scars to hide). I really like how there's 5 different shades for different uses in the jar, and best of all, there's 25g of product for only $29! I mean, it's still expensive, but thats still plenty of stuff to use.

I guess the only thing I don't like about this product is that it's a little bit hard...use it in a warm-ish room, or stick it in a pocket before using, but because it's so hard, you don't get that much on your brush/finger when you apply, which is great, because you don't need that much product for it to do its job =) and I love layering the green and yellow-beige shades to cancel out redness. Go Lise Watier! <3

However, I wouldn't rebuy - hopefully I can use this up in the first place before it a) dries up or b) gets yucky. I'm a junkie for new makeup, since I haven't found my perfect go-to products yet =)

I like this concealer. It combined all the concealer colors that you can possibly need in one wheel. I use all of the colors and they suit my skin tone perfectly. I use the peach one under my eyes, the light skintone one for any imperfections, the green one for pimples and any red ness, the lilac one for highlighting (which I love doing under my brow bone) and the dark skin tone one for contouring. This product provides very good coverage but it is a little heavy on the skin.

This can be a little drying so i recommend warming it before use but once they're warmed, they blend very nicely onto the skin. Most importantly this product stays on all day without fading or caking up!!

Overall a great product and I would definitely repurchase. (Although i dont think that'll be anytime soon since it has so much product, i barely made a dent)

on 12/5/2009 3:03:00 PM

After constantly seeing MichellePhan and KandeeJohnson use this product, I decided to buy Portfolio. I just received my Portfolio yesterday, after waiting for a month and a half for Naimies.com to ship it to me =(. I've read a lot of reviews concerning the drying factor, and it's true. When I first opened it, I used my finger just to test it out. Then, I took my blow dryer and heated the product so that it is a bit more usable. I love all of the colors, especially the lilac and the contouring brown. It was a bit pricey, about $37 USD (shipping included) for the wheel, but I think overall it is worth it because you get 5 products that will last you for a very long time. I also have YSL's Touche Eclat, which is a liquid type of brightener; I bought it for around $50 dollars, but I think the current price has been reduced. Comparing the two products, I like the Watier product more, for it has more versatility (covers/brightens/contours), and you get more product for your money.

If you have extra money and are looking for a decent concealer, try this product! Maybe it can be a Christmas product for some as well =)

Video Reviews & Tutorials