Sonia Kashuk Dramatically Defining Long Wear Gel Liner

3.7

Contains: Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Polybutene, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Octyldodecanol, Polyisoprene, Propylene Carbonate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Dicalcium Phosphate. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Ultramarines, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Manganese Violet, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake.

on 8/11/2009 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i have been wanting to try out gel eyeliners because i've worn liquid eyeliners my whole life! i thought i'd try this one out (black) because i do like SK brushes & lipsticks. I thought the price was inexpensive (compared to others in Sephora & dept. stores) and was a good way to start. It's about 90 degrees with high humidity and so far after 5 hours of wear in no A/C @ home it hasn't smudged or smeared. goes on smooth & you can make it thin or heavy as you apply. i also used angle brush. will have to wear from morning to night & see how it fares. will update if anything changes. i like it so far!

on 8/6/2009 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really like this. I don't like pencils cause of sharpening, plus they never give as defined a line as I want. Liquid liners are messy and a pain. I've tried dark eyeshadow applied with a liner brush, but they don't have much oomph or lasting power.

So I went looking at Target for a cream or gel liner in a pot and this was the most attractive option ($8.99, cheaper than the HIP). I got cocoa, which is a very deep brown.

It applies very smoothly (I use an angled tip liner brush) with line definition and staying power of liquid but with better control and more error proof. Exactly what I was looking for!

on 7/29/2009 2:07:00 AM

BIG HUGE YAY for this product. Ladies, if you can get your hands on this, please do. It's only $8.99 and performs wonderfully. First of all, let me say I have always been pleased with SK products. I've never tried a gel liner and decided to buy this with the bent eyeliner brush (Also SK, review in profile). The color I purchased is "Cocoa" which is a lovely, matte, chocolate brown. First, I rub the packaging together between my hands to warm it up even though it's already very creamy. I glide the brush along the color then apply to the eyes. It has a great color payoff and is very true to color. It lasts and lasts, I went out in 111 degree heat and it didn't budge until I took it off. Also, the packaging is great. It looks like an expensive product, it has a frosted jar with a silver cap. You also get a lot of product for what you pay for (0.18 oz). From what I saw it comes in three colors: ebony, cocoa and a dark purple color. Highly recommended.

on 7/15/2009 2:59:00 AM

I think this product is GREAT! I've been wearing since early, and it's on pretty well! The liner glides on really well. Synthetic brushes will hold the gel liner better giving it a more better look. I got this at target for $8.99 and I thought the price was cheap. The package is very neat and I got a lot for what I've paid for. I mean, the container looks very small, but this will last me for a year or so! It comes in 3 colors, one of it is blue, brown, and black. I bought the black one and I usually dont apply gel liners on my lower lashes because I think the black is really black. I wish they had more colors like brown/black. Maybe if more people buy this product, they would come out with more colors! I will definately get this product again!

on 6/11/2009 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was thrilled to see that SK is now offering a gel liner. It's the only type I wear, and I've not been thrilled with the drugstore offerings so far. The price isn't bad...$9.99, which is about on par with the L'Oreal HIP ones (if not a bit cheaper). I picked it up in Cocoa, a dark rich matte brown. The color payoff is excellent. The formula is very smooth and creamy and it glides right on, no problem. I've been wearing this liner all week in the awful heat and humidity, working in a non-air conditioned environment, and there's not been a smear or a smudge. Wears like a champ. So far, I'm completely sold on this stuff. I'll just have to see how long it takes to dry out in the pot, which has been the downfall for me with other drugstore brands. I also hope SK adds more colors. The only other ones I saw were black and indigo. So if you're a gel liner junkie like me, run out to Target and get your hands on one of these little gems. You'll be quite pleased!