August 21, 2014 | 968 users online

Foundations - Perricone - No Foundation Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by mhanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have recently started using this product as I have looked for lighter coverage and am really liking how it looks. I do agree with the other reviews, you do need to use your regular moisturizer first before using this product. You use a tiny amount, one pump, for your whole face. Also, I use my fingers to spread it on my face in a circular fashion (not like you would spread on foundation) but really rubbing it into your face. After I spread it on with my fingers I wait a few minuets and then swipe my face with a sponge to pick up any extra. It dries perfectly. I do use a powder to set it and it stays on all day, gives natural finish and great sun protection. I have been wearing this during the weekend for a “no makeup” look but am really considering using it during the week as well. This does not give you coverage like a foundation, so if you are looking for a truly finished look this will not work for you. But if you have good skin and just want to even out skin tone and blur some minor lines, this does the trick. I have olive/tan combination skin and the color works well for me. This was a recommendation from a friend with much lighter skin and it worked well on her as well, so I think it adapts to the skin tone. I have not had any break outs but that may be due in part to my use of a powder. I like this produce and will continue to use it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2010 9:28:00 AM More reviews by JJQ333

Just tried my free deluxe sample from Sephora, and it's HORRIBLE! I thought it was intended to be a tinted moisturizer, so naturally, I put it on without moisturizer underneath. It was difficult to spread around, very dry, and almost felt scratchy (that was probably just my fingers spreading it, but usually moisturizers and foundations feel silky when applied).

It was so shiny and sticky after application. I waited a few minutes, but the stickiness remained. I then applied a little LaMer powder in a light shade. A few minutes later, I noticed my face looked dark brownish-orange in places. I actually thought maybe this was a self-tanner that worked really fast!

I can't seem to find any redeeming qualities about this. It's not moisturizing, it adds too much color to my light-to-medium skin, is difficult to blend, and is super-sticky. I can think of lots of tinted moisturizers or tinted SPF's that are far superior (LaMer, Dior, Stila ... just to name a few).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by andrearn9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Two words: CLOGGED PORES. This tinted SPF moisturizer gave a me a nice enough finish. It blurred imperfections and evened out my skin tone. After applying it, I was all set to love it and plunk down cash for a full-size (mine was a deluxe sample). It didn't make me look muddy by midday, which is what a lot of tinted SPFs do. But, much to my horror, the next morning I awoke to multiple clogged pores on my inner cheeks on either side of my nose. Sigh. On my skin, clogged pores are a bear to treat. They take a long time to go away, even with diligent use of BHA so I am NOT happy with the good Dr. Perricone's latest overpriced offering.

Signed me,
Bumpy McBumpcheeks
Bump City, NY

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 11:12:00 PM More reviews by machochick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

NO WAY I'M GOING OUT AND SMELL LIKE A FISH! This smells horrible. Ok...it has fish oil in it, but it doesn't mean it has to smell one. Can Perricone do something about the smell? I want to love this foundation, b/c it's lightweight and looks like you wear no foundation at all. Coverage is buidable, too...but the smell is horrendous! Not to mention expensive!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Beth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

In general, I tend to like Dr. Perricone's products but don't buy them because I can usually find something similar at a lower price point. No Foundation Foundation is no exception. What it is is really a tinted moisturizer calibrated for medium Caucasian skins. It's smooth going on and has a pleasant but unusual orange-anise fragrance. The color is a good match for me. What is unique about this TM as opposed to others I've tried is that, as it dries, it forms a slightly sticky barrier that is actually water-resistant. It's emollient and difficult to rub off, though it comes off easily at night with DHC Deep Cleansing Oil. At $50USD, though, I know I can find, and have found equally good TMs at a lower price—heck, that's even more than Laura Mercier's TM. I'm taking one lipstick off for the price, but otherwise a terrific product I enjoy using a lot. So I'll just save my Sephora coupons for the occasion.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2010 5:11:00 AM More reviews by rcbarria

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so impressed by the write-ups on this product that I had it shipped from the US all the way to the Philippines - only to find that after 2 days, it gave me a bad case of rashes on my face!!! I've never had any product affect me that badly; at worst I get zit breakouts but an entire face rash? I really wasted my money on this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2010 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Buppers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't get the hate for this product.
it's a tinted moisturizer, not a foundation. Do not try to apply like foundation, because that is not what it is. It should not leave your face orange unless you are using a lot of product.
I use a pea sized (like a regular, not a petite pea) amount for my face, and apply with my fingers. I am fair skinned, but this does not make me orange- it does impart a nice glow to the skin, however.
It does have a bit of a scent to it, but I don't think it smells like fish.
The major downside here is the price. This stuff is expensive! I would swap for this product again but I am not sure whether or not I would actually buy it, as my PF organic wear TM is far cheaper. I will wait and see how long the sample tube lasts to get a good idea of cost per month of this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2010 10:21:00 AM More reviews by TheCaptain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow, was I disappointed in this. I got the sample from sephora, it is in a squeeze tube. It is a generous amount, I'm sure you could use it for a week or so. However, it is so dark and orange that I couldn't make it work for me. I looked like an oompa loompa. The smell was awful too and my sample wasn't old. It also took a long time to set on my face. I wanted to put some pressed powder on my nose and chin about 5 minutes after I applied it (a very thin layer) and it was still sticky. I love the idea of this product, but the execution falls short.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by trapezer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was in love with the non-chemical SPF "no foundation" idea. Let me tell you, this left my face several shades darker than normal, even after buffed with powder! After 10 minutes I had to take it off and go without (late for work :( There is a reviewer who is NC42 who likes this - I think it may be great for darker skintones. I kind of thought the no foundation thing meant "one size fits all," but I guess this is too good to be true. It gains one star for texture and physical SPF - otherwise, looks like I smeared mud on my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2010 12:55:00 AM More reviews by shoppingjie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this as a sample from Sephora and I wanted to like it since it has SPF30. However, it doesn't cover redness or uneveness so I still need to use foundation. You're better off sticking to a good sunscreen.