Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 7/26/2010 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

LOVE LOVE LOVEE!! i honestly never thought i could find a foundation that goes on as well as this one. Iv always been a MAC girl, but recently a Sephora opened up in the mall and iv been hooked. this is the most amazing product; it stays on all day and all night!! i'm an NC25 and wear #40. i have EXTREMELY oily skin and it's very acne prone, also i have horrible red acne scarring from my 'awkward preteen phase'. my skin cant even handle primers; FULL ON BREAKOUTS GALORE!! i apply it with my fingers while my moisturizer isnt fully absorbed yet; for me it doubles like a primer. with a bit of MAC skin finish natural over my nose, it gives me the most beautiful, natural, glowy skin. no one believes me when i say i have makeup on :) i will definitely repurchase

on 7/25/2010 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love love love this foundation. I have super oily/combo acne prone skin and this doesn't irritate me at all. I use my fingers to put this on and it just glides on super smooth, well like velvet. The coverage is medium when I use my fingers and heavier w/ a foundation brush so I always use my fingers with this. I completely evens out my skin and I even use it as concealer in spots and its a flawless finish. It does leave quite a matte finish unless you sheer it down and really spread it out and blend it into the skin, which could be done with a damp sponge and you would get a less matte, more natural, lighter finish with more of your skin showing thought. I just prefer the med coverage semi matte finish b/c my skin is sooo oily that even w/ the matte finish my skin ends up looking dewy in a few hours. However, the is pretty decent w/ oil control since my skin stays less oily w/ this than any other foundation I have tried. If I set translucent powder over this by pressing the powder in with a brush and then sweeping the excess away this does not budge all day I swear.

It also shows dry spots the least out of all that I have tried so don't be put off if you have dry skin. Also this stuff is pigmented so you don't need a lot at all. A nickel size amount is more than enough for my whole face and then concealing after that. Also this feels really comfortable on the skin it is very light, more so than my EDM. I clean it off w/ olive oil and it hasn't caused me any skin problems. I am really really sad to say that when I am done with this I won't be buying more b/c I use #40 for NC30 skin and it is just ever ever so slightly too dark, no one else can tell but it bothers me and I absolutely need a perfect match since my EDM winged butter is just perfect colorwise. Also, since my skin is oily it makes the foundation just a wee bit darker after a few hours...I would mix the shade lighter w/ it but that shade hasn't got enough yellow in it. But other than the color selection, this stuff is amazing!!!!

on 7/22/2010 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm surprised I haven't reviewed this yet. This is the best foundation for very oily or acne scarred skin I have found to date. A little goes a long way and this little container lasts a very long time.

I have a lot of red acne scarring on my brown skin, and this foundation is so pigmented it covers it up like a dream.

This also keeps my extremely oily skin at bay compared to other foundations. This is an amazing product, MUFE never fails to impress me again and again.

The only con for me as an NC43 is that I have yet to find a perfect shade match. It's workable but the match could be better.

on 7/22/2010 6:53:00 PM

I am very surprised with the ratings on this product because i totally love it. I was using Revlon Colorstay for about a year, and decided to try this out. At first i was not to thrilled with it, because i was using to much and it did appear cakey, and I was not really fond of the coverage. But once i started using this everyday and figured out the best way to work it for my skin, I LOVE this. I have VERY oily skin, and i live in a VERYYY hot and humid climate, and this foundation will stay on my skin from when i put it on at 8 AM and take it off at like 11 or 12 at night! I did not think i would be able to wear this in the middle of the summer because of how hott it gets where i live, but i havent stopped wearing it! I was puttting this on with my MAC 187 but have just started using the ELF powder brush, a flat top buffer brush, and it goes on like a dream! I set it with MAC prep and prime translucent powder, and sometimes i will use blot sheets or blotting powder, but i dont have to on a regular basis. All in all this is an awwesome foundation!!

on 7/21/2010 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got a sample of this from Sephora. I love the color range and found one that was perfect for me... which is really hard to find being fair (NW15-20). This foundation showed every flaw on my face and made my pores look huge! It also does not wear well through out the day. However, I did like the finish. So far, I have no luck with this brand and their foundations!

on 7/18/2010 3:39:00 PM

I have used this product for about half a year and there is nothing special about it. Its fairly liquid and it goes on smoothly but it does not stay very well and does not help my face stay matte so much either.

on 7/17/2010 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love the way this foundation looks when you first put it on. I continue to love it for a few hours...

Then my oil starts flowing. The foundation on my nose slides around under the nose pieces on my glasses. It transfers VERY easily on oily areas of skin. On my dry cheeks it is totally fine and very transfer resistant, but forehead/nose/chin it is just bad. Also, shine is a problem. You can blot it or powder it away, but no one wants to do that all the time.

The shade was a pretty good match for me. MAC NC35, MUFE 35 Vanilla.

on 7/17/2010 3:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My second foundation from MUFE ( I was so amazed with HD that decided to try this one too) and I have to say I'm hooked! LOVE LOVE LOVE it: the texture, the high coverage (you can built it to opaque if you wish), the packaging, the velvety effect, well basically everything.
I'm NC30 in Mac and I got this in #35 which is a great match for me. It doesn't stay matte for long on very hot days but then no other I've tried does that (the waterproof factor is not true imo); nevertheless it hangs in there all day long.
For reference I have combination acne prone (can't tolerate oils) but not sensitive at all and my HG foundation is Estee Lauder Double Wear and I find the 2 extremely close.

on 7/16/2010 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this foundation after hearing rave reviews - and I was really disappointed. The formula picked up every flaw on my face...every wrinkle, tiny dryness...I mean everything! It emphasized all of my flaw! I thought foundation was supposed to conceal not emphasize! I found it to be drying and the staying power was horrible. At this price point I expected much much more.

on 7/16/2010 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

My favorite foundation right now. I'm a seriously oily Studio Fix C7 with sensitive skin due to eczema and a general tendency to break out. I've been using Mat Velvet + (70, caramel) with the HD Primer in green and Full Cover Concealer in Fawn (14) for about three months. No breakouts and beautiful skin ALL day. Don't get me wrong, I do get the oilies around midday, but I blot and my face is still in tact.

I suggest applying with a stippling brush (I use the MAC 187) and using very little at a time to get the best finish.