Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 7/22/2010 6:53:00 PM

I am very surprised with the ratings on this product because i totally love it. I was using Revlon Colorstay for about a year, and decided to try this out. At first i was not to thrilled with it, because i was using to much and it did appear cakey, and I was not really fond of the coverage. But once i started using this everyday and figured out the best way to work it for my skin, I LOVE this. I have VERY oily skin, and i live in a VERYYY hot and humid climate, and this foundation will stay on my skin from when i put it on at 8 AM and take it off at like 11 or 12 at night! I did not think i would be able to wear this in the middle of the summer because of how hott it gets where i live, but i havent stopped wearing it! I was puttting this on with my MAC 187 but have just started using the ELF powder brush, a flat top buffer brush, and it goes on like a dream! I set it with MAC prep and prime translucent powder, and sometimes i will use blot sheets or blotting powder, but i dont have to on a regular basis. All in all this is an awwesome foundation!!

on 7/21/2010 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got a sample of this from Sephora. I love the color range and found one that was perfect for me... which is really hard to find being fair (NW15-20). This foundation showed every flaw on my face and made my pores look huge! It also does not wear well through out the day. However, I did like the finish. So far, I have no luck with this brand and their foundations!

on 7/18/2010 3:39:00 PM

I have used this product for about half a year and there is nothing special about it. Its fairly liquid and it goes on smoothly but it does not stay very well and does not help my face stay matte so much either.

on 7/17/2010 11:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love the way this foundation looks when you first put it on. I continue to love it for a few hours...

Then my oil starts flowing. The foundation on my nose slides around under the nose pieces on my glasses. It transfers VERY easily on oily areas of skin. On my dry cheeks it is totally fine and very transfer resistant, but forehead/nose/chin it is just bad. Also, shine is a problem. You can blot it or powder it away, but no one wants to do that all the time.

The shade was a pretty good match for me. MAC NC35, MUFE 35 Vanilla.

on 7/17/2010 3:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My second foundation from MUFE ( I was so amazed with HD that decided to try this one too) and I have to say I'm hooked! LOVE LOVE LOVE it: the texture, the high coverage (you can built it to opaque if you wish), the packaging, the velvety effect, well basically everything.
I'm NC30 in Mac and I got this in #35 which is a great match for me. It doesn't stay matte for long on very hot days but then no other I've tried does that (the waterproof factor is not true imo); nevertheless it hangs in there all day long.
For reference I have combination acne prone (can't tolerate oils) but not sensitive at all and my HG foundation is Estee Lauder Double Wear and I find the 2 extremely close.

on 7/16/2010 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this foundation after hearing rave reviews - and I was really disappointed. The formula picked up every flaw on my face...every wrinkle, tiny dryness...I mean everything! It emphasized all of my flaw! I thought foundation was supposed to conceal not emphasize! I found it to be drying and the staying power was horrible. At this price point I expected much much more.

on 7/16/2010 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

My favorite foundation right now. I'm a seriously oily Studio Fix C7 with sensitive skin due to eczema and a general tendency to break out. I've been using Mat Velvet + (70, caramel) with the HD Primer in green and Full Cover Concealer in Fawn (14) for about three months. No breakouts and beautiful skin ALL day. Don't get me wrong, I do get the oilies around midday, but I blot and my face is still in tact.

I suggest applying with a stippling brush (I use the MAC 187) and using very little at a time to get the best finish.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
Stays matte all day
Stays on all day
Good coverage

Cons:
Awful for dry skin
Sometimes awkward color matches

I work in Florida at a summer camp, and this foundation stays on and stays matte all day, even on my moderately oily skin after hot bus rides and hours playing outside with the kids. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone with dry skin, but then again, why would dry skinned gals want a super matte finish foundation anyway?

If you need more coverage, I recommend dabbing a small amount on any blemishes with your finger or a small pointed brush rather than applying layer after layer all over your face. Layers and layers of this foundation will look too dry and cakey, even on oily skin.

I like to apply this foundation with either a MAC 188 brush or clean and sanitized fingers. Applying with fingers gives more coverage, and applying with a brush allows for easier blending. I set with MUFE HD powder.

**Be sure to moisturize before applying, even if you have oily skin!!**

on 7/14/2010 8:29:00 PM

I have super dry skin that is flaky and makes me insane! I was searching for a foundation that wouldnt show flakes. I do moisturize before applying and it does a good job of covering. It stays put on me and gives an airbrushed look. Its not perfect but, its the best Ive found so far.

on 7/13/2010 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I have combo skin and this doesn't work for me. This product is nothing special. I applied one coating on my face and it did not coverage much. This is definitley not full coverage unless you layer it several times. It can look very cakey if you don't apply a mousturizer first. I really hate how it makes my skin look: blotchy and cakey. It's good at controlling oil but who needs that if it makes your face look gross -.- I think I will return this and maybe try HD. :(