January 30, 2015 | 1797 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Lampa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

So far I really like this foundation. It is drying even for my oily skin but this can be easily solved if I super moisturize my face before I put this on. The SA from sephora told me that it is the best to put this foundation with hands but I just suck at that so I just use brush. Oh since this dries really fast when you apply you need to blend it quickly or it is going to be really hard to blend.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by MikiKaneohe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I really love this foundation! It cover everything, but you only need a small amount. I feel that you are best off using only a drop or so at a time and applying quickly with a stippling brush to get an even application.
For my pretty oily skin, this really cuts shine and looks fresh even in the evening. I have olive skin with golden undertones and I have to mix 65 and 55 together to get a decent shade. I used the darker shade alone (65) and found that it really does oxidize as the day wears on. I looked super-tanned at about 3:30pm. So I mixed a lighter shade in to make it a tad paler than my true skin color to start out with, but by mid-afternoon I dont feel like I look "toasty", just like I have makeup on that really compliments my skin. That is my only complaint, but I figured out how to get around it, so it is not really a problem. 4 Lippies for that and how expensive it is, although it REALLY LASTS!!
When I wear this, my BF cant even tell that I have makeup on, and to me this is heavy, full-coverage makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by realsilicon

i wanted to try MUFE for ages and finally got around to getting a bottle of the mat velvet foundation a few months ago. notwithstanding the fact that i was matched with the wrong tone (a shade too light), the product made my face break out like i was a teenager again. i gave it a rest thinking that perhaps it was something else that was aggravating my skin, but when i went back to it recently, it broke me out again. that said, it does control the oiliness and shine to some extent (when used with the HD primer) but that's perhaps the only plus point to the product. it applied streaky/chalky with a brush and it was only slightly better with my fingers.

this foundation definitely had me missing my smashbox cream foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 3:33:00 AM More reviews by mscosmeticfanatic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

my all time favorite foundation!!! i will never stop using this. it's especially valuable for work days because i don't look like a big shiny mess at the end of the day with this product. smooth and thick enough so i only need a little bit of product. it covers my redness really well so i don't end up needing concealer (but i use a little anyway to make my face perfect). highly recommend this for oily skin. it blends extremely well into my skin. my color is 40. an additional plus for this product is that it's in a squeeze tube container so there's less contamination. can't get enough of this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by shirlyyxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG foundation for my oily & acne-prone skin. At $35, you get what you pay for. For color reference: NC25 = #40. NC30 = #35. Will explain this later.

PROS:
- Oil-free
- Noncomedogenic
- Fragrance-free
- Blends easily
- Packaging is sanitary and travel-friendly
- Coverage is long-lasting
- Lightweight & no "thick mask" feel
- Dries to a velvety smooth matte finish so your skin feels like skin
- Provides excellent coverage with just a small pea size amount
- Controls the oilies (duh!)

CONS:
- No SPF
- $$$$$
- Limited color selection for skin with yellow undertones (only 3 out of 16 shades have it!)
- Dries as a powder finish therefore it defines dry patches and looks powdery if you overblend (would only recommend for true combo-oily skin)

For the fair-medium yellow toned ladies, I swatched 35 and 40 on my hand. 35 is definitely darker than 40 due to the beige undertones in the yellow/beige shade. The beige is not overwhelming, but it certainly makes for NC30-35 shade.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by vester1228

I love this product. I first tried the MUFE HD Foundation which I loved the initial look, so flawless. However, after a few hours the makeup had practically slid off my face or disintegrated. I have an oily t-zone. After trial and error I now use MAC Matte primer in my t-zone and apply the Mat Velvet foundation onto my face using a BeautyBlender sponge instead of a brush. It's fantastic. Looks flawless and stays on for hours. Will definitely buy the product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by ppinkrroses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really disappointed in this product. I have oily combo skin so I've always had trouble with liquid foundation. However I read a lot of reviews on it and watched some youtube reviews on it and everyone seemed to love it for their oily skin so I thought I'd give it a try.

Pros: Color match was simple and I liked the way it went on, it blends very well. It also provides good coverage without feeling like you're wearing makeup.

Cons: It's very expensive and sadly, after only 2 hours my face was oily and my makeup looked awful. This never happens when I use a powder. Sure my face gets oily througout the day, but never this bad this fast. I gave this a try a few times and each time I made sure to shake the bottle like it says, use a primer, and use a powder to set it, and each time it only lasted me 2 hours.

So I returned it to Sephora and got another powder (Benefit Get Even, which I been enjoying) and for now it looks like my skin and I will be sticking with powders.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by joey444

The only bad thing I have found with this foundation is the price. Other than that, since I've started using it (with a little of MAC's Mineral Skin Finish for setting), my face looks perfect, I don't have to touch up during the day and people have been asking what am I doing different in my face. I haven't broken out in the two months that I've been using it. In pictures, I've noticed my face looks flawless and like I'm not wearing any makeup. In regards to the price, the good thing is that you only need a tiny amount for your face. Great buy and would definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2010 10:04:00 PM More reviews by XJUL35

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Cons:
- Not transfer-resistant; this stuff gets EVERYWHERE if you're not careful
- Does not control oil for very long, I have to blot after a couple of hours or so or else I look like a grease ball
- Defines flakes, and settles into wrinkles and pores
- Very drying formula
- Consistency is very thick so it is hard to apply and blend out
Pros:
- Very opaque, only need a little for coverage
- Sanitary packaging
- No bad fragrance
- Didn't break me out

I bought the colour #40 but it was too light for my NC30 skin.
The next colour down was pink undertoned, so that's shitty. Oh well.

I tried many applying methods; stippling and sponging left my pores defined, and fingers gave an uneven coverage and left me looking generally cakey. I still haven't tried this out with a foundation brush and I'll make sure to do so when I my e.l.f. Studio Angled Foundation brush arrives in the mail. Overal this foundation is *okay*, but for $41CAD I except a miracle worker. I won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by briii

i love this foundation! i actually like it a lot more then the MUFE HD Foundation, which was a shock because that was at the top of my list. but not anymore. this foundation gives beautiful coverage and leaves my skin with a flawless, yet natural look. i love how it drys to a matt and has really nice staying power, so i dont need to use any setting powder over it. this foundation is my favorite, its amazing.

UPDATE : after using this foundation for three weeks I have to say that this foundation didn't do it for me. I love the foundation itself but it broke me out like crazy. I've never really had an issue with pimples to begin with so that sucks that this foundation broke me out. I stopped using it two days ago and my skins already clearing up. The foundations good so if it doesn't cause you to break out then your lucky. But I'm not buying this foundation again :(