April 17, 2014 | 951 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet PLUS Matifying Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by tmab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well I am on my 3rd bottle of this stuff so I think it's safe for me to post my opinion. For me, this is the best foundation I have found. I have combination skin that is prone to cystic acne. I had been using the MUFE HD foundation, but, sadly, it isn't oil free and makes me break out. If you don't have a problem with acne then the HD is an amazing foundation.
The Mat Velvet + gives a medium-full coverage. It gives a mostly matte finish with a tiny bit of dewiness. It's very blendable and last forever. And, unless you are extremely oily, you don't need a setting powder. I took off one lippie because the shades are slightly to pink for me. Other than that I love it!
PS- If the price ($34.00 USD) is over your budget then I recommended Revlon Colorstay for Combination/Oily skin (avg. $10-13 USD). I prefer the MUFE because it doesn't dry as fast as the Colorstay so it's easier to blend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by HapaDynazty

I have acne prone combo skin. Yellow undertones and around a NC25. The color I got in the Mat Velvet + was 30. Its strange they named it "Porcelain" because to me that name is misleading. The other MUFE foundations I have tried are the HD (in 120) and the face & body (32 and 20 mixed made a perfect match). The HD and the FB were nice, they just didnt last on my skin. The MV+ definately has a lot more coverage than the other two I tried. It covers almost all my marks. I have some acne scars and redness around my nose. It covers very well and I dont *have* to use concealer. If I wanted a perfect look then I could use concealer. I use a moisturizer (varies but usually a gel one like clinique's DDMG) and primer (BE prime time). Sometimes if my skin is really dry in certain spots I will spritz on Mac's fix + before I set it with Mac's MSFN. It controls my oil okay but if you are really greasy, I can't say because I am oily but not abnormally so. It looks pretty matte the first half hour to hour but after that settles to a nice satin finish. I would say if you are really oily finish with a oil controling powder and it seems like you would be good to go. It's pretty long lasting. I usually wear it on nights out and lasts well on my face. In pictures it looks flawless!

UPDATE 4/4/2010:::Still using this and LOVING it. So long lasting and it covers my acne/acne scaring really well. I loooove this <3

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by LZK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was hoping for something matte but even better than my revlon colorstay (which I like quite a lot-just trying new things!) but this didn't do it for me. It accentuated my dry areas and I'm pretty good at applying heavy foundation very lightly since I've learned to work with the CS for quite some time now. This also didn't seem to set as well in terms of staying power as my CS. I think this would perform nicely on normal, not dry or combo skin and also if you're not looking for a super-heavy long-wear (like throughout a gym session or a hot humid NYC summer).

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by productmomma

I had high hopes for this foundation. My forehead and nose are very oily and I go through tons of blotting papers all day, so when I read the reviews I thought that $34.00 was worth not looking shiny all day. I was pretty deisappointed. Even trying several different primers, the foundation seemed to very noticably settle into each pore. It went on streaky whether I worked with fingers, sponge or brush and I had to work very fast because it dried so quickly. I returned to to Sephora easily. I would not purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I honestly didn't find anything special about this product. I bought this because I was looking for a matte foundation. I found this to be the closest to my skin tone. Even then, after putting it on, I looked at the mirror inside my car and still found pinkish undertones on my face. I could see the foundation on my face (not good!) It wasn't a perfect match. On the lighter side, it has medium coverage and goes on smoothly on a well moisturized face. But I wouldn't buy it again. It's too expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG foundation right here! It works great for my oily combination skin. I've tried a few other foundations such as Mac studio fix, studio tech and just wasn't impressed with them at all! Yes the price of $34 for a small bottle is alot but for such a great foundation I don't mind paying for a great product. I also like that they have a great shade selection, the MA at Sephora matched me perfectly im shade 60 for reference and I like that the foundation has some pink undertone in it as does my skin, I'm not a fan of yellow foundations. I have acne prone skin and this foundation did not make me break out whatsoever which is another great plus! And it lasts me all day what more can you ask for?? Def is a staple in my collection and I will keep re-purchasing it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 11:13:00 AM More reviews by amycxiong

I love this foundation, a little goes a long way. I love the full coverage it gives me especially since I have a quite a few blemishes. It works so well I don't even need concealer to hide my imperfections. I usually moisturize my face first and then apply the foundation on with a brush and it makes my skin look flawless. I would definitely buy it again even if it's a little pricey and the bottle is small.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by boscojones3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros: Love the bottle it comes in.

Cons: Looks like you took chalk and rubbed it all over your face. Looks just plain bad. If you have combo skin, and some dry patches, you can plan on them being accentuated and sticking out like sore thumbs. Also, like many oil free foundations, it is blotchy, splotchy and gross. Thanks MUFE, but I will stick with my cheapo Revlon Color stay for oily skin - Looks WAAAAAy more natural.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by babraham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this makeup because I have an oily t-zone that is prone to breaking out and the color matched pretty well (which is rare for me). Unless you have very very oily skin, i would not recommend this product. It is just too matte! I looked dried out and unnatural. It is also quite heavy, so i would not recommend it for the summer months. All in all, not good if you have combination skin or don't like to feel like you are wearing a foundation-mask.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2010 4:28:00 AM More reviews by ygvo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

the bad:
1. color does not match after a couple of exchanges at sephora
2. breaks me out after using it for a month. for an oil free, matte foundation, it left me shiny at the end of the day on my combo/dry skin. how is this happening? i hate experimenting : (
3. light-medium coverage, i can't get it to a full medium coverage without using it to paint my face.

the good:
1. texture is fabulous and gives a nice sheen
2. packaging is great i like the squeeze bottle...even better than a pump and i like that its plastic and not glass...dont know how many bottles of foundation ive broken by dropping