Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 8/4/2010 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Regardless of the fact that this emphasizes every single dry spot on my face, which is typical of nearly any matte foundation, I love this product so much. The coverage is excellent and the application is rather smooth. The dry spots on my face, after about an hour, go away due to sebum production, and this foundation helps to keep it at bay for at least a couple of hours (two to three) before my faces gets too oily to even look at in the mirror. I do find that like most other foundations I have tried, this cakes up after about three hours, but it is not as bad. I use a makeup-fixing spray after I have put this on my face, and that helps the caking matter. (It does not cake up at all anymore.) Pretty much the only thing that I do not like about this product is the way it is packaged; any bottle that I buy always has an issue of the liquid overflowing out of the container, even if I do not squeeze it at all.

on 7/29/2010 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I won't buy this foundation again. I was excited to try it but it did nothing for me. I find the formula very thin and the coverage leaves much to be desired. By the end of the day, the redness around certain areas of my face is totally visible. It did nothing to keep me less oily and it settles quite easily into my smile lines. Unfortunate for such an expensive product.

on 7/29/2010 1:38:00 AM

It is such a lovely matte foundation! I have quite a lot of acne scars and it covers them pretty well, most of the time I don't even have to apply concealer afterward:) Normally my T-zone gets a bit oily after 3 or 4 hours of applying the foundation, and it does slide off a bit on the tip of my nose but not much. The only problem is that it is a bit too beige for me since I have light olive yellowish skin undertone( I'm using #30). overall, very nice product, would repurchase!

on 7/28/2010 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Never have I found a better foundation for my oily skin! I have tried several matifying foundations (high-end and drugstore) and none can compare. This foundation truly keeps my face looking matte, fresh, smooth and flawless ALL DAY LONG. I do find though that on really hot days I find myself having to blot once or twice but thats ok w/ me. The foundation works even nicer over or in conjunction w/ the MUFE HD Primer and MUFE HD concealer which I was really impressed with. The best part of it all is it does not make me break out. The price for this product is a bit more expensive than some others out there but I really do believe it is worth the price because it will last a long time. I probably purchase the foundation every 3-4 months...and sometimes I can go longer if I don't use it everyday. Overall, this is an excellent product for oily to acne prone skin. Works wonders (imo)!

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

For reference, I am an NC45 in MAC and wear shade 65 in Mat Velvet. I bought this to wear at a wedding, because I didn't want my foundation melting off on the dance floor. To make matters worse, it rained as well! I was worried this would end up separating on me, but when I got home and looked in the mirror I was pleasantly surprised. Not only did it look fantastic, but it did help control my oil a bit. Not completely, but I didn't look as shiny as I usually do, which is a plus considering I walked around in the rain and danced. I love the squeeze-bottle packaging-- it's more efficient at getting out all the product than a pump. I also love that the bottle is sort of flat--it makes it easy to fit into my makeup bag for travel.

The coverage is great, but I've found that it does feel heavy on my face. I've also found that it tends to settle into my pores and fine lines when I apply it. It also looks a bit unnatural on me, too much like I'm wearing makeup. I think this would be fine for a special event or clubbing, anything like that, but as for everyday wear I'll pass, especially with the high price.

on 7/26/2010 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

LOVE LOVE LOVEE!! i honestly never thought i could find a foundation that goes on as well as this one. Iv always been a MAC girl, but recently a Sephora opened up in the mall and iv been hooked. this is the most amazing product; it stays on all day and all night!! i'm an NC25 and wear #40. i have EXTREMELY oily skin and it's very acne prone, also i have horrible red acne scarring from my 'awkward preteen phase'. my skin cant even handle primers; FULL ON BREAKOUTS GALORE!! i apply it with my fingers while my moisturizer isnt fully absorbed yet; for me it doubles like a primer. with a bit of MAC skin finish natural over my nose, it gives me the most beautiful, natural, glowy skin. no one believes me when i say i have makeup on :) i will definitely repurchase

on 7/25/2010 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love love love this foundation. I have super oily/combo acne prone skin and this doesn't irritate me at all. I use my fingers to put this on and it just glides on super smooth, well like velvet. The coverage is medium when I use my fingers and heavier w/ a foundation brush so I always use my fingers with this. I completely evens out my skin and I even use it as concealer in spots and its a flawless finish. It does leave quite a matte finish unless you sheer it down and really spread it out and blend it into the skin, which could be done with a damp sponge and you would get a less matte, more natural, lighter finish with more of your skin showing thought. I just prefer the med coverage semi matte finish b/c my skin is sooo oily that even w/ the matte finish my skin ends up looking dewy in a few hours. However, the is pretty decent w/ oil control since my skin stays less oily w/ this than any other foundation I have tried. If I set translucent powder over this by pressing the powder in with a brush and then sweeping the excess away this does not budge all day I swear.

It also shows dry spots the least out of all that I have tried so don't be put off if you have dry skin. Also this stuff is pigmented so you don't need a lot at all. A nickel size amount is more than enough for my whole face and then concealing after that. Also this feels really comfortable on the skin it is very light, more so than my EDM. I clean it off w/ olive oil and it hasn't caused me any skin problems. I am really really sad to say that when I am done with this I won't be buying more b/c I use #40 for NC30 skin and it is just ever ever so slightly too dark, no one else can tell but it bothers me and I absolutely need a perfect match since my EDM winged butter is just perfect colorwise. Also, since my skin is oily it makes the foundation just a wee bit darker after a few hours...I would mix the shade lighter w/ it but that shade hasn't got enough yellow in it. But other than the color selection, this stuff is amazing!!!!

on 7/22/2010 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm surprised I haven't reviewed this yet. This is the best foundation for very oily or acne scarred skin I have found to date. A little goes a long way and this little container lasts a very long time.

I have a lot of red acne scarring on my brown skin, and this foundation is so pigmented it covers it up like a dream.

This also keeps my extremely oily skin at bay compared to other foundations. This is an amazing product, MUFE never fails to impress me again and again.

The only con for me as an NC43 is that I have yet to find a perfect shade match. It's workable but the match could be better.

on 7/22/2010 6:53:00 PM

I am very surprised with the ratings on this product because i totally love it. I was using Revlon Colorstay for about a year, and decided to try this out. At first i was not to thrilled with it, because i was using to much and it did appear cakey, and I was not really fond of the coverage. But once i started using this everyday and figured out the best way to work it for my skin, I LOVE this. I have VERY oily skin, and i live in a VERYYY hot and humid climate, and this foundation will stay on my skin from when i put it on at 8 AM and take it off at like 11 or 12 at night! I did not think i would be able to wear this in the middle of the summer because of how hott it gets where i live, but i havent stopped wearing it! I was puttting this on with my MAC 187 but have just started using the ELF powder brush, a flat top buffer brush, and it goes on like a dream! I set it with MAC prep and prime translucent powder, and sometimes i will use blot sheets or blotting powder, but i dont have to on a regular basis. All in all this is an awwesome foundation!!

on 7/21/2010 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got a sample of this from Sephora. I love the color range and found one that was perfect for me... which is really hard to find being fair (NW15-20). This foundation showed every flaw on my face and made my pores look huge! It also does not wear well through out the day. However, I did like the finish. So far, I have no luck with this brand and their foundations!