September 17, 2014 | 1796 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by NikkiatMAC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After hearing all the hype I decide to give this a whirl. For reference, I have very oily skin, I easily break out, and I have large pores and redness. I applied one coat of this and I couldn't see any difference. It took about 3 coats to look like I was wearing foundation, but my skin looked blotchy and it did not cover pores or redness. Before I'd even finished putting on all my eye make up, I started to have oil break through on my skin. I tried using this for a week and found it started to break my skin out, most likely because it made it oiler. Will not repurchase.

Pros:
Packaging
Colour selection
Lasts all day without caking

Cons:
Caused breakouts
No oil control
Not full coverage
Product smells perfumy
Price

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by serenitytomo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I like this foundation, usually i'd prefer a powder b/c of my oily skin. But the color matched me perfectly and suprisingly stayed on better then I thought and kept the oil at bay longer then usual. It is difficult to blend with a brush, but works perfectly with my fingers (just remember to wash them before!!)

NOW the only thing i dont like about this is that if i use this as an everyday foundation i willl break out! :( so ill use this only as a night out foundation, or id i do use it everday i have to make sure i wash my face right away when i get home (which i hardly do :S) other then that, its a good foundation and would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by fashionista_ae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried countless foundations, and have found several that are really good... this one however is by far, the best one I have ever found! This foundation is just incredible. The bottle is great, plastic and not breakable, love that. This gives a medium to full, natural matte, even, flawless finish. Also, it does not give you that cakey made up look! I use this in shade #20, Ivory, and use the MUFE Duo Mat Powder Foundation (shade 200), as a setting powder. The liquid and powder combination give the most flawless and smooth finish ever! I highly recommend this for everyone! Even drier skins could use this because its not a drying formula, its very comfortable.

*** Update 3/8/11. I switched to the MUFE HD Foundation, and I love it just as much as the Mat Velvet Plus! I'm not sure I love one more than the other, they are both amazing, but the it's nice to have an alternative when I get bored with one!

*** 6/26/11 UPDATE: I've decided I like the Mat Velvet + more than the HD. The colors are better, and the formula is better suited for an oily skin, and I think it gives a nicer finish! My all time HG foundation!!! I hope MUFE never changes this formula or discontinues this!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Crystalskull

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am so sad that I did not like this. To start, I am very, very, pale, and this is one of the few foundations that is pale enough for me (I'm to pale for MAC), I think the shade was called Alablaster. I also seem to have EVERY foundation I try oxidize on me, (except for powder ones, but I have dry skin and powder sometimes does not work for me), this has been the first one I found that did not do that. However, this foundation settled into every single pore and fine line and stayed there, no matter what I did. Even with a primer.
If you have generally smooth skin and small pores, I would highly recomend this. The colour is great for pale girls (and there seems to be a large selection) and it didn't turn orange. Sadly, it is not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for a month and I am very impressed. It works ok by itself, but much better with the HD Primer underneath (let it set for about 5 minutes before applying foundation) and with the Bare Minerals Matte to set. I still need to blot a few times a day, but the foundation stays on, and would stay on if I did not blot. I just feel that blotting 2-3 times helps if I'm in the office (only 1-2 if I'm just out shopping, must be an environmental thing?)

Great for oily skin, my HG. Just wish it was gluten free. A little bit goes a long way, will last a long time, making it a good value for your money. It does set fast, if this is a problem for you, you might try mixing it with a moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Peskypixie

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

This is an okay matte foundation however, used alone, I find it makes my complexion look too dry - but I have dry skin so it is possible that my trouble involves my type of skin. I mix this with Nars Sheer Glow to get the dewy look I prefer to have. I must confess however that in terms of a matte foundation I much prefer MAC gel sculpt. It is just a better fit for my face.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 5:25:00 AM More reviews by noname101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I tried this at first I was crazy about the coverage and finish.

However, in reality, it doesn't last very well (for ME) because I do apply it lightly with a 130 and prefer a more sheer coverage. If you use it that way, I find that it does settle into pores and can be a bit high maintenance with touch ups and things

i might have looked past that if the color match was perfect but it wasn't. I am not willing to tolerate anything but a great finish if the color is not exactly right.

I was finding that it just didn't wear well and I don't think my skin likes it very much.

The tones are very neutral so olive/yellow toned people, stay away.

This is probably great for some people, its decent quality, but its not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by sensiluv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thank God I got a sample of this product before purchasing!

I had to blot about 3x during the day to get rid of excess oil.
I usually blot 1 - 2 times a day with powder foundation / regular foundation - so I'm sure you can do the math.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2010 9:29:00 AM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great stuff! I work mostly in a non-airconditioned environment and this stays put all day. (used on top of HD primer) It helps to control oil somewhat. However I have to apply some loose powder on top because I start to get oily around mid-day. The good thing is that even if my skin gets a little oily it doesn't really look like a oil slick hit me :> Did not break out from this foundation too.

I've seen this foundation being compared to Revlon's Colorstay. I prefer MUFE's version although it's waaaay more expensive. I think it has better oil controlling properties, and it's not so thick.