Clarisonic Pro Skincare Brush

4.3

bliss beauty trio

on 2/6/2009 4:29:00 PM

I have to add to the chorus of pleased customers for this little device. Yes, it's expensive. But it should last you a long time and, in my case, the results are worth it.

My facialist recommended that I add this to my routine. I had terrible acne, so bad that I was actually in my 30 day waiting period to begin accutane, but this facialist I found worked a miracle and cleared me up. My third time in, she recommended I get this brush to help prevent blackheads. I was staying clear but I would have to endure long sessions of extractions when I came in.

I finally picked this up for Christmas and it is just fabulous for gentle exfoliation. If at first it seems to drying and harsh, I would recommend experimenting with how often you use it and what cleanser you use it with. I found it was too harsh if I used it twice a day and with my acne cleanser. Now I wash my face normally in the morning with a glycolic acid cleanser and use the brush in the evenings with a mild cleanser like cetaphil to really get the makeup off. That has done the trick. My skin feels really smooth and it has helped even out my skin tone significantly (I had a lot of red scars from acne).

Oh, and DON'T PRESS TOO HARD! Soft circles lightly across each area of your face are all you need.

I love my toothbrush for my face. :)

on 2/6/2009 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Loveitloveitloveitloveitloveitloveitloveitloveitloveitloveit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have really oily skin with annoying blackheads and I also have acne that usually comes in 'clusters' with a few stragglers here and there. There is a small cluster right under my left eye at the edge of my cheek bone that for years I have not been able to make go away. Every couple weeks I could weed something out of that pore but no matter what it was always inflamed. Well I bought the Clarisonic a few days ago and already there is only one pore left that you can see is still inflamed, but it is 2 sizes smaller than what it was. All the other ones around it are gone. I have had a cluster of zits on my forehead (sorry I know this is gross) that have been pretty big, and have just been sitting there (ya know the kind that are big, but have no whitehead, no nothing, they just sit there) yeah those. Well I have had them for three weeks, I got a haircut recently and my bangs sit there, well they are now practically gone! It's like they are slowly just being smoothed away. All the 'lone island' blemishes I did have immediately have turned into whitehead like bumps. They aren't pink even, it's like the pores are just saying "Yay! We finally have the ability to get this junk out!". And for the rest of the acne story I have just had a lot of black heads, which are disappearing very fast. Recently I would just rinse my face off and could feel them, all dry and flaky, and just in the past 48 hours my skin feels 5x smoother. IMO this is the best thing that has ever happened to my skin! I really look forward to my shower more than ever now, it's like I get my own spa-facial session every night. It's great! And I deserve it. And so do YOU! And my skin is always glowing when I get out of the shower.

I would pay the money for this again & again. Yeah $195 isn't something you can normally just pull out of your wallet. But I look at it this way... think about all the products you spend in just a few months or even if it's over the course of the year - ask yourself "are they that effective?" and then even if they are - how quickly do you find yourself going back to get more - to fork out that same dough in only a few months?!? You don't care how much it costs right? You know it works so you gotta have it - and you WILL pay over and over b/c you love it that much. Well that what Clarisonic is like for me. If this was $500 I would've still paid for it, and I bet I'm not the only one who would either after reading these reviews. :) As for what a miracle this thing has been for me so far, IMO I think you can't put a price tag on something like this. Set aside $50/week for a month and this sucker is sold! Or ask for it as a gift. But you have nothing to lose with trying this, as you get your money back if you don't like. I have the pink one and I got it at Sephora. It caught my eye and I immediately asked the SA about it, turns out she used it, and her skin was very nice, she doesn't even wear foundation (yep I checked), and then I come to find that my friend I came to Sephora with had it as well! I couldn't believe she didn't tell me she had it! I have seen some people comment that those with cystic acne may not benefit from this well let me tell you -- my friend (yes the one who didn't tell me she bought this) has cystic acne on her chin and her skin is always smashing. I didn't even know she had cystic acne until she told me that day. She only uses it once a day too - on the minute setting. And don't push too hard! Just let it touch your skin and go from there :)

I will come back & write an update and I am certain I won't be disappointed. I've never been so excited about something this wonderful! Each day my skin becomes even better than the day before!!! There is a reason this was voted "Best of Sephora 2008".

***Update 3/2/09****
My skin just keeps getting better! This past week I was on my period and I didn't have any breakouts - for the first time in my whole life I honestly didn't have any nasty zits. Just the occasional blackheads like normal, but there wasn't an increase in them either even for that time of the month. My blackheads are practically gone on my lower cheeks/jaw line. I will never stop using this amazing brush. Thank you clarisonic!!!!

I would definitely buy this again if I ever had to. I have the Clarisonic Pro. It has 4 speed settings (Pro, High, Normal, and Low), and 3 T-timer settings (2 minutes with beeps, 2 minutes without beeps, and 1 minute with beeps). Don't throw away the instruction book unless you can memorize all the options! I just set it for 2 minutes with beeps, and use Normal speed. Low feels like it's not really doing anything, High is almost too strong for my skin, and Pro is like sanding a layer off! I guess it's a personal choice though, because older skin might like the Low setting, and really tough skin might need High.

My skin actually shines like it was polished afterward, and it takes about 1/2 as much of Philosophy's Hope in a Jar to moisturize my skin. My blackheads are gone, and the only breakout I've had is one pimple on my face where I rest my cheek on my hand at the table or a desk. I'm being more consious of doing that, and this brush is helping to fade the scars from deep horrors I've had before. I also sometimes get little bumps from clogged pores everywhere, but those are completely erased by the Clarisonic! I've had constant blackheads on my chin and nose for 12 years, but they have either completely gone away, or have shrunk to almost nothing now.

My mineral makeup looks less powdery on my skin now, and I used to get painful pimples in random places all over my face. Any blemish I had before the Clarisonic has completely cleared, and I have had one in the last month of using it, compared to the 4 or 5 per month that I had before.

I bought the grey one, because I wanted to share it with my 15 year old brother. He said that even if I had gotten the pink one, he would still use it, AND tell everyone, because it is so amazing. His skin is the worst in my family. Whiteheads and blackheads cover his poor face. He's tried cleansers, moisturizers, and salycilic acid and benzoyl peroxide. They all changed his skin in some way, but it was always a disaster. Now since using this, and the little cleansers that came with it, his skin has improved by 50% in a month. It's better than it has been in about 3 years. I will try to keep buying the Blue cleanser when we run out (I forget the name)!

He uses it twice a day with the normal brush, and I use it either once or twice with the sensitive brush. I will be purchasing another one when my final college semester is over and I leave home. I can't deprive him of what he calls "The Face Eraser".

on 2/5/2009 10:46:00 PM

I bought this product hoping that it would clear up my face for good. I have a little less than moderate acne and am very acne prone with combo skin and I do get blackheads on my nose and chin. I started out using this twice a day and have been doing that since i got it. I did not get the results I was expecting at all (comepletely clear skin); however, I no longer have any blackheads at all and my pores have definitely shrunk. I still have acne and scars but I do believe that it is slowly, but surely starting to go away. In places where my skin is clear (My forehead, nose, parts of my cheeks, and chin) I notice a definite glow and my skin just looks flawless in some areas. I do believe that it is worth the money and I am hoping that if I continue using this (I use it with Erno Laszlo's sea mud soap) than my skin will clear up. I will try to update again and tell you guys what shape I am in, in a couple of months! I would recommend this product though!

on 2/1/2009 2:41:00 AM

Awesome! My acne prone skin is clearer and my pores are smaller! Just what I wanted.. I use Neutrogena Grapefruit cleanser with it..

on 1/29/2009 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'd hoped for HG-ness from Clarisonic, but that hasn't happened. It's okay -- but not worth the price, IMO.

I've had it for about three months now. I got it from haircuttersstore.com for $160 (thanks, MUA reviewers who posted that tip!) plus free shipping. The lowdown on my skin: combo, blemish- and acne-scar-prone, with oily T-zone and occasional small dry patches from the benzyl peroxide I use at night. I've gotten it very much under control in the last few years thanks to Paula Begoun's products, but it's still a struggle, esp. to achieve the smooth post-facial good-in-any-light look I'm always craving.

I used the Clarisonic every day at first -- at night with my Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser and in the AM with Cetaphil. I was impressed initially at how it smoothed out my skin and in particular how it cleared up the "congestion" at the corners of my nose, dry patches on my chin, etc. However -- I noticed that my face oiled up more than usual, and as a result I had some breakouts. Minor, but breakouts nonetheless. I cut down my use quite a bit and it's now maybe a couple times a week. It has been so dry this winter in NYC that I may step up the frequency; we'll see.

I simply don't think the results are worth the price. I'm debating whether to get a replacement head or not. Maybe if I can find a good deal.

For me, what works much better is the MD Skincare Alpha/Beta Peel followed by Paula's Choice 1% Beta Hydroxy Lotion. It gives a post-facial glow and incredibly smooth surface -- my makeup glides on and my skin looks great even in bright daylight, which used to be something of a problem! The Alpha/Beta peels are pricey, definitely, but IMO the results are much better and more worth it.

Hope this helps!

on 1/24/2009 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

I bought this around Xmas because of all of the great reviews. I use this with the olivella soap (great reviews for the soap) My face is sensitive so I do get break outs and dry patches during the winter. After using this no dry patches and no breakouts. I'm very happy with it. I was using it in the evening and morning. I just cut down and I'm only using it in the evening. I think its over kill if you use it again in the morning. My dermotologist was against using in the morning. Who needs to scrub their face that much? I can't see it getting dirty from the pillow. Too much of anything is no good. Your skin is sensitive overall.

on 1/23/2009 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used this brush for a little over a week and so far I am loving it. It makes my skin soft and smooth. I also think it is helping to unclog some of my stubborn pores, which is amazing to me. It has not caused increased breakouts for me and I think it exfoliates very well. It is pricey, but worth it IMO. I use this with the delicate brush head and have gotten better results than with using the sensitive brush head.

Update: This stopped doing anything for my skin.

on 1/23/2009 2:21:00 PM

I have had this product for one week now and it has been a godsend. The past two years, I have had an eternal battle with my skin. It looked dull and gross and my pores were eternally clogged and congested with occasional breakouts. Acne products were too harsh, scrubs irritated my skin and caused more breakouts. Glycolic acids, retinol and other exfoliants didn't do anything. I went to a dermatologist and her recommendations didn't do anything. I had spent hundreds of dollars on products that didn't work, so I figured I might as well give this a shot.

On my chin, I had these gross pores that almost looked needle-like clogs and nothing I tried previously would get rid of it. After my first try with this brush, they were gone. I cannot believe how clear my skin has gotten in one week and I can't wait to see more improvements as I keep using it. My acne scars are diminished and my skin tone is evening out I am actually feeling confident going out without makeup. I use it morning and evening with the sensitive brush. I put a little hydrogen peroxide or alcohol on it after I use it to keep germs away. I was wary about the purchase, but this has been the best thing I have found in years. I will definitely buy again.

on 1/20/2009 6:24:00 PM

I followed the sales pitch and bought one. All it did was vibrate my skin. For 200.00 dollars. There are many cleansers that take all your make up off. I think what works with some people is that it vibrates your skin and activates it. Kind of like drinking coffee in the morning. I returned it and treated myself to two hundred dollars worth of all kinds of goodies at the beauty store.I should have known. If you think about it logically it's a waste of money although I was so excited to try it.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools