Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

on 6/24/2010 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I read about this product in a magazine, and having purchased a cold cream before (boots own) i decided to try it, i'm usually really excited about trying new skin products but i have to be honest this just didn't live up to the hype in my opinion. it left my skin very rubbery and despite claims that it removes waterproof eye makeup this just didn't apply for me! my skin looked dull afterwards, and i really was surprised as the boots cold cream is absolutely fantastic, however this was just far too thick. i did however use it as a night cream and the next morning my skin felt lovely and soft but as a cleanser it really was not good.

on 6/22/2010 6:21:00 PM

Packaging/Scent:
It comes in a jar so it may be unhygienic. The jar cap lack vertical stripes for easier opening especially considering its main ingredient is mineral oil. The scent is okay though I prefer unscented.

Experience:
This works by dissolving your MU or sunscreen using mineral oil then wiping it away. Now, it is supposing to be a cleanser that doesn't damage barrier since it uses no surfactant however I find the wiping to be irritating and drying. It also irritated or burst my acne lesions. Using a wet tissue instead to reduce friction does not remove anything. Then I tried a foaming cleanser but it did not remove the residue too.

On the other hand there is a youtuber saying this is a good moisturiser. I do somewhat agree, however it is very greasy so apply it wayy before you sleep. It is non-comedogenic for me.

If you have active breakouts I suggest not using this as the massaging and wiping can aggravate them(friction causes inflammation!). But if you have non acne-prone, resistant and dry skin this is a good choice as you need not moisturize afterwards. If you dislike the moisturising film and intend to wash again I suggest finding a foaming cleanser that removes MU instead to save time. I will not rebuy.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I paid $4 aud for this at a chemist. I'm really impressed, it's cheap and awesome. It works much better than my Kanebo cleansing oil and is 6 times cheaper. Pond's cold cream gives a nice cooling sensation unlike normal cleansing oils. I will definitely repurchase if I can find it again. It is however very difficult (at least for me) to find in Sydney.

on 6/19/2010 5:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

After reading some great reviews on this product, I decided to go and try some! I couldn't find the exact product, so I got the Pond's refreshing cold cream for oily or combination skin. I just tried it once so far and it took off 90% of my foundation, which is great! My astringent took off the rest of my makeup. The next morning, my skin felt so smooth and VERY SOFT! I haven't noticed any differences in my pores yet, but hopefully I'll see some improvements after a few days. Maybe I'll update later! :-)

on 6/19/2010 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I use this product as an eye makeup remover and it does the job beautifully. Put a little bit on both eyelids, spread it gently, and either remove with a tissue (you don't even need water) or remove with a damp cloth and the makeup comes right off. I have not used this on my face, though, as I have a feeling it would break me out. I use CeraVe for that.

Also, I'm prone to really, really dry, flaky, almost scaly skin on some parts of my face, especially around my mouth and edges of my nose. After coming out of the shower I'll apply a very thin layer of this to the areas and leave it on as a moisturizer, and it's like the dry skin vanishes completely, which I can't say about other moisturizing products.

One lippe off only for the packaging. I really wish this didn't come in a tub.

on 6/19/2010 9:38:00 AM

I will allways have a jar of this product on hand b/c I love the refreshing cucumber scent and the texture of the cream.
I usually slather a bit of this on a damp cotton pad or directly on my face.
It leaves my skin so soft and fresh and I can skip moisturizer since it is moisturizing enough~
Other cleansing creams I use are by lancome and Chanel.
I like this one just as much b/c it is not greasy at all and rinses clean and the price is the best part...esp. when u can get 2 at walmart in a duo...just wish it came in a pump, although I like the pot style too :)

on 6/19/2010 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading a Bobbi Brown male-up manual I went ahead and bought this product. In the book she says you should use a cold cream to take off all of your make-up then use another gentle cleanser on your skin. My skin has never looked better. I used to have a lot of redness on my cheeks, forehead and chin and since I have been using Ponds it has almost all gone away. My skin is softer too and for about $8 it is affordable.

Beware though that Ponds does contain mineral oil. I was hesitant at first to use it because of this but it seems to be working on my skin so I am going to continue to use it.

on 6/18/2010 3:09:00 PM

I have been using the cleansing creme in the green jar...My skin feels so nice...What a shock..I actually look forward to cleaning my face at night and I think my skin looks so much better...I previewed the ingredients and was delighted to find no parabans...They may have disquised them under another name but not that I would recognize...Try this If you are like me, you will be most delighted!!!

on 6/17/2010 10:23:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is another great, classic product that is very basic and very cheap. Sometimes those really are the ones you can't go wrong with. It does what it says on the tin (or tub), it removes makeup easily and does clean the skin thoroughly. I also use it as moisturiser sometimes, but I wouldn't use it before foundation as I'd be worried that it would make it slide off etc. It has a nice smell, I prefer unscented products but quite like this scent, it smells quite powdery like talcum powder or something.

on 6/14/2010 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Cannot rave enough about this product. For years I used harsh make up removers not realising that they were completly ruining my skin. Finally after randomly noticing this in a shop I decided to give it and go and its all I put near my skin to remove my make up now.

I give my face a quick rinse first, then apply the cold cream all over, leave for about 2/3 mins and remove with a warm face cloth. The make up comes off so easily. I always splash my face with water afterwards just to make sure I have completly removed all the cream. Since Ive been using Ponds Ive noticed a huge improvement in my skin, less redness and blackheads, my skin is so soft and its never broken me out. Highly recommend :)