Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

4.1

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I prefer Albolene over this because it is more moisturizing, but i use this when my skin doesnt need as much moisture in the summer, so this is the runner up. I bought the cucumber one with the green lid. the one with the blue lid works but isnt as refreshing and is a bit more irritating than the cucumber green one. i love the smell of this.

on 5/12/2010 10:17:00 AM

This is my HG facial cleanser. It is all I use to remove dirt, makeup, & sunblock, both at night and it the morning. It leaves my face so soft, yet thoroughly cleansed. An oldie but a goodie for sure.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I use a little bit of this product to remove my makeup before cleansing my face. It works wonderfully on my skin! This is the only makeup remover that can gently and easily remove my stubborn waterproof mascara which is what I would recommend to everyone. It would be nice if the packaging was different since it can be a bit tricky to get the cold cream out of the jar at times, but the product itself is great. I hear that you can use this as a face moisturizer by leaving it on instead of removing it with a warm washcloth like the instructions said, but I have not tried doing this yet.

on 5/8/2010 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I learned about this from my mom. Ever since I was small I watched her take a dollop of this out and rub it around both her eyes until she looked like a raccoon and then she wiped it all off with a wet washcloth. It always made me laugh.....until I started wearing makeup myself.

Like my mom, I am a HUGE mascara fan. I usually avoid foundation unless I'm having an uneven skintone week, so I just use this to take off my eye makeup. I also tend to have oily skin so this is far too heavy for me to use all over my face. As far as a eye makeup though....nothing beats it and it's cheap! I also love taking my eye makeup off at the end of a long hard day with this because it's so cool and refreshing, my eyes feel instantly relieved.

I don't tend to have really difficult skin so I can use the cheaper drugstore products without much complaint and this is definitely where I save a few extra dollars to splurge on new and wonderful mascara products!

on 5/7/2010 5:44:00 AM

Really removes makeup. I like slathering this on when removing a face full of makeup, but the greasy look, feel AND after-feel needs heavy-duty removal as well. I wipe it all off with a wet towel and the feel of the cream is still there. I usually use an exfoliating cleanser after this to completely remove the feeling. It's really cheap though. Packaging is ok, I use a spatula to take out the amount I need. Won't buy again because I want to try other makeup removers.

on 5/7/2010 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

pretty great product takes out make-up very well, from regular make-up to waterproof mascara or eyeliner. I would recommend this to anybody.

on 5/7/2010 12:58:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I think I found my HG make-up remover! I use Revlon Colorstay foundation and find it nearly impossible to remove. I've used L'Oreal's Hydrafresh cleanser (pink one), but that dried out my skin and left traces on; Neutrogena, Oil of Olay cleansers, and nothing has worked.

I bought Ponds cold cream after reading reviews and I am very impressed with this drugstore classic! It takes off the Colorstay with dampened cotton pads, making the stuff slide off! (Works better than a wet cloth). Leaves my skin soft and supple. Doesn't dry or make me break out.

UPDATE: I added another lippie because Pond's is the only thing that will take off ALL of my eye make-up. I wear non-waterproof mascara and Revlon CS eyeliner and nothing takes it all of like Pond's. My skin also feels and looks great afterwards.

I got into thinking Ponds would work because I was using another greasy cleanser (Lush's Ultra Bland) that did the trick. However, I didn't want to re-purchase Ultra Bland (at $15 CAD for a small jar) and found Pond's a really great alternative.

Note: I don't use this for removing eye-makeup, as it kind of stings my eyes.

EDIT: With my skin feeling a bit dry these days, I've been applying Pond's cream in the morning and wiping it off, I then apply my foundation, and my skin was glowing (and foundation still stayed on).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use this at night to remove my makeup... I LOVE IT! It removes everything and leaves my skin feeling clean and looking as smooth as can be. It does have a strong scent to it kind of like rosewater, I just love it.... if your looking for an inexpensive makeup remover that works I say give this one a try.... I get a big jar of it in Target for under 6 dollars and sometimes I get it on sale in the grocery store. Ponds has been around forever so they must be doing something right.

on 5/3/2010 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I have been through a couple of jars of Ponds Cold Cream over a year or so, and have used the solid-style, emulsifying technique (as this is) to remove eye make-up for over half a decade. I was attracted to the low-budget glamour of the Ponds line, before I looked into the Unilever (parent company) animal testing policy. I would consider using this again if that changed, but for now, I canít support it. However, I wonít let that tarnish my review.
I donít know if the formulation changed between the two jars, but I enjoyed the first lot far more than the second. My technique was to dampen a cotton-wool pad with warm water, apply a fingernail quantity of the cold cream to it, and then sweep over lids. With thicker make-up, I might apply the cream directly, massage in, and then remove with a warm pad or washcloth. The second jar left my lids redder and didnít remove make-up as well. Sometimes stray mascara would cling to my brows, so more recently Iíve been using a Q-tip directly onto my lashes for more precision. The second jar has very nearly finished, but the cream has started to smell funky, so itís for the bin.
I have a slightly better experience with LUSHís Baby Face. I use a similar technique but you need to melt the hard bar with a hot, wet pad first. It is that little bit more successful in removing make-up, and there is no redness left behind Ė plus, they adopt a beauty-without-cruelty attitude.

on 5/2/2010 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

idk if it removes face makeup (foundation, concealer etc) because i only use this on my eye area. it gets eyeshadow, mascara, and eyeliner off. you've gotta work it a little and go in with qtips to get off eyeliner though. it does feel a little oily, but after steaming my face with a warm shower, the oiliness disappears. it does not sting your eye, which is great if you're using it on the waterline.