This is one of the few products I use consistently and replace when I've used it up instead of trying something else. I use this as a cleanser in the morning and at night, it's very refreshing. I have oily skin with a little acne occasionally, so I use the oily/combination skin version with cucumber (the one with the seafoam-coloured lid). I take off my eye makeup with a Ponds cleansing cloth and take off my foundation with this. I don't use another cleanser after, this stuff does the trick!
I've tried other cleansers, but I always go back to this one! I think there is something in it that just calms your skin and makes it more consistent-looking. And it helps that my local Wal-Mart sometimes has it on sale as a 2-for-1 deal :)
I used Pond's cold cream/cleansing cream (whichever the store has at the time) to remove my mascara, and have for years. It works like magic w/o having to rub or work. Just a tiny bit of cream on tip of my finger, wisked lightly over my lashes, dip my finger in a bit of warm water, then flick wet fingers over lashes only (not the delicate eye skin), and voila, I have rings of black mascars all around my eyes. I gently remove with a wet washcloth. I don't use the cream for my face because I don't wear foundation, so use only Cetaphil to clean (I don't need a strong makeup remover, which is what this cream is).
I am so anoyed that i didnt try this sooner! This stuff is amazing, it leaves my face so soft, i use i face cloth to wipe it off once i have left it on my skin for a few minutes, then rise with warm water. My skin has cleared up as well, i dont have any where near as many pimples as i did. Fantastic stuff, i would go as far to say its my HG.
I have oily skin and use retin-a at night and md forte products during the day. I have tried Ponds cold cream three times over the last 10 years and every time it has clogged my pores. Not for me.
This product is a great make up remover and super cheap. I usually put a couple of fingers worth over my face, massage it in and leave it for a few minutes. I can't usually stand it being on my face longer than that because it starts to feel so greasy - but you can feel the make up literally melting off your face. Then I remove it using cotton pads, but I might start using muslin cloths and warm water when I can get some cloths next.
My skin does feel a little greasy after I've wiped it off, so I usually use a toner afterwards followed by a little moisturiser.
My skin feels really clean and looks glowing - highly recommended. A few people have complained about the scent but I actually really love the smell - just like roses.
I only wish they would change the packaging from a jar to a tube, I'm not too keen on having to dip my fingers in to get it out.
I do not recommend using this on all your face if you're acne prone like me bc its too greasy....But its PERFECT for makeup removal especially the tough waterproof mascara!!! This is the best for mascara..it works wonderfully and way better than any eye makeup remover ive used!! Will definitely continue buying this!!!!!!!!!
I got this in a two-pack at Walmart while it was on sale because I was dying to try it as a make-up remover and it didn't disappoint! The smell is a bit strong for me but it's easy to get used to.
At the end of the day I wash my hands and dab some of this cold cream on my cheeks, chin, nose, forehead and eyelids and then I massage it into my skin and rub it evenly all over my face. I then let it sit for a minute or so while I gather all of my other products and I then tissue it off. Initially I wasn't using a gentle cleanser afterwards but I found my skin was getting greasy and I was experiencing more breakouts so I added the extra step - a quick cleanse with Pears transparent soap. That gets rid of all the greasiness and I'm left with soft and very clean (but never dry!) skin.
Pond's Cold Cream removes all the make-up and gunk from my face as well as waterproof mascara and various degrees of eyeshadow. I'm guessing that the tub it is packaged in isn't very sanitary but I always wash my hands before hand and make sure the lid is screwed on tightly. As for the price, I got mine in a two-pack for about $4 which is the cheapest I've ever seen it.
Definately worth it and the tub will last you a long time!
I LOVE PONDS COLD CREAM!
Reasons for 5 stars *****
* Prevents Breakouts ( I haven't had a break out or pimple since first usage. I use Mac Foundation and was ready to switch to another brand because I had crazy break outs. Ponds cold cream deep cleans and gets hard to remove make up!!)
* Moisturizes ( Not only does it deep clean and removes make up it made my face softer. After use my skin is smooth and soft. Does not dry my skin like other harsh toners or make up removers. )
* Affordable ( I have tried expensive brands thinking it would do the job. Wrong! Ponds is cheap and works better than any other product i have used!!)
* Cleared out my pimples ( My face was badly breaking out after using Ponds cold cream my face started to clear up within less than a month. Still using it after 3 months and my face is still pimple free. )
* Fun to use haha (You get to see your make up slide easily off your face onto the cotton square or cloth. I have the evidence that it is doing its job!!!)
HOW I USE:
1. Grab small amount of cream and massage it on your face. (You'll see the make up loosen up) 1- 2min
2. Grab 2 cotton squares or balls (cloth or tissue can work also). Damp and squeeze off excess water. Remove Dirt, Oil, makeup.
3. Use a light cleanser. I use Ultra Calming Cleanser by Aveeno.
It has that Old Lady Purfume scent but it doesnt bother me since it removes ALL makeup in one swipe including foundation. The only gripe is that it leaves an oily residue(Hence why I gave it a 4). Great I got it at my dollar store for 2 bucks. will buy again.