July 25, 2014 | 1871 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by VenusLily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this product. I'll start out with the positives: It is affordable, smells great and feels nice when you initially put it on your skin.
That said, it doesn't do anything for my skin. It's terrible at removing my makeup, and when I rinse it off it leaves a disgusting oily film on my face. I have to use my regular Olay cleanser after I use this stuff, not only to remove my makeup but to get off that icky oil slick.
Also, I started breaking out.
I am glad some people think it is really great. It didn't do anything for me.
I'll probably give it to an aunt or cousin to try. Maybe they'll have better luck.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 2:45:00 AM More reviews by keiramode

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I have very sensitive skin and can not use many products on my face but this doesn't irritate it. I rinse my face with water, apply cold cream, wipe it off with a towel and put on moisturizer and I'm good to go. This does a great job at removing revlon colorstay. My only problem is with the packaging. I wish it came in a tub.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 1:36:00 AM More reviews by shinewin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser!!!
First of all, it remove makeup and deep clean your pores. I mean it takes waterproof mascaras off!!
And after that it leaves your skin very moisturizing and not dry. I am loving this, one big jar last me for about 6 months now and it's only half way down the jars. Basically, i just need two jars and it will last me for a year!!
I just wish the packaging was a pump because it's not very sanitizing to keep dipping in and out. I use a cotton swap or wooden stick to do it. I must re-purchases this again of course, money saving and great quality!! It's a must have, girls!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

*sighs* Another product that caused an allergic reaction. I only used it as a foundation/makeup remover. Every time I use it, my face would get this burning sensation and my lips would start to swell slightly. I used it about three times before I gave up. Eventually the rash and "acne" would disappear. Pity since it is cheap. I guess I am stuck with using apricot oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by bleuettr

I really really want to love this product, the smell is nice, it is a classic product that has been around for years, it takes off my mascara well but it breaks me out!
I might continue to use it as a make up remover, not as a cleanser itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by trantracy

I hope this product will be around forever! I have combination skin, which is oily around the T-zone but dry around the cheeks area. My skin is at worst in the winter time when I cannot get it balanced enough to wear foundation or mineral makeup without revealing the flakiness of my skin. My cheeks were blotchy and dry all the time.

I began researching for a product to help balance my skin during the winter time. Then I found Pond's Cold Cream. A regular sized jar costs around $5-6 so I thought it was worth a try. Initially, I wasn't too sure about it because it was a little messy and cumbersome to use. The main ingredient is mineral oil, hence it is rather oily and would not wash off with water. You'd have to wipe if off with a soft paper towel or a warm wash cloth. I chose using a wash cloth because it is less messy.

Aside from the cumbersomeness, I was very happy with the result only after a few days. I was half expecting my T-zone to get even oilier, but surprisingly it helped balanced out my skin. My cheeks were no longer dry and my entire face felt so smooth. My foundation and mineral makeup also went on flawlessly.

I continued to use it at cleanser to remove my makeup at night, and in the morning to give my skin some extra moisture. At night time, I would apply about a quarter size and rub it all over my face and neck on before going into the shower. This helps protect my skin from the hot water, and also to deep moisturize my skin. I would then wipe it off with a warm wash cloth when I'm about to step out of the shower. It removes ALL of my makeup, including my waterproof mascara. I do not use any additional cleanser afterward. At times my skin feels so soft and smooth that I skip out on my moisturizer. I also have extremely sensitive skin and it does not irritate my skin or make it feel tight. During the summer time, because of the humidity, I instead of using it twice a day, I would only use it at night.

It has been two years since I have been using Ponds Cold Cream and I can't be happier. My skin is in the best condition it has ever been and I am saving so much money from not buying expensive cleanser.

Be warned that it has a very distinct smell that may not be for everyone. For me, I only wish the smell was more pleasant but this does not deter me from using it. My husband, on the other hand, wishes that I stop using it all together! However, he has been a good sport about it seeing how good it has been for my skin.

I am hoping and praying that POND'S will continue to make this product forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Yum3ji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

PRODUCT INFORMATION: This classic rich cream deep cleans down to the pores to remove even the most stubborn makeup and impurities, while leaving skin soft and smooth.

The white, opaque cream is packaged in a 190 mL matted, white plastic jar with a Tiffany-coloured plastic screw top. This product is not fragrance-free.

Directions: Massage gently over face and throat. Remove with a warm washcloth.

MY THOUGHTS: I purchased a 190 mL container of POND'S Cold Cream for normal or dry skin at Save-On-Foods for $8.99 CAD. The product is very thick, like yogurt or softened cream cheese, while the fragrance reminds me of roses. Cold cream is an emulsion of water and certain fats, including beeswax and fragrance, to remove makeup. Oils like mineral oil and jojoba oil (which are slower to spoil) now replace the traditional olive oil along with alcohol, glycerin and lanolin. Meanwhile, borax is responsible for the whiteness in cold cream. The name itself derives from the cooling sensation left behind by the cream.

The product did a satisfactory job of removing my makeup and Shiseido sunscreen. Note: I did need to use warm water to adequately remove the cold cream from my face. In addition, I follow this product with Aveeno's Ultra-Calm Foaming Cleanser. In regards to maintaining sanitary practices, I use a small spoon instead of my fingers to scoop out the product.

Paula Begoun rates this product as average due to its outdated, greasy texture. However, both she and Dr. Leslie Baumann agree that this cleanser is best suited for dry, sensitive skin types.

INGREDIENTS: Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Ceteth-20, Parfum, Behenic Acid, Montan Wax, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate.

MYSELF: I'm an Euro-Canadian with combination and sensitive skin that is prone to clogged pores (Baumann skin type: OSPW). continued >>

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by cat070992

Pros:
takes off all makeup
can use it anywhere
cheap

Cons:
leaves a very oily, gunky feeling afterwards
dislike the packaging; I would prefer it in a tube or something

I would not buy this product again because even though it is great at taking off makeup, it takes a lot of effort and i hate hate HATE the feeling it leaves afterward

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by stcxtc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great for waterproof mascara! Also for taking off my MAC full coverage foundation which basically cements itself into my skin. I use facial tissue to remove the product as opposed to a cotton pads (sometimes the cotton fibers stick to my lashes). Removes every trace of makeup but does leave a greasy film. I definitely need to follow-up with Mary Kay's Velocity Foaming Cleanser and then a toner and I feel like my face is super clean and soft. At the end of the day, put the cold cream all over your face and jump in the shower and use your washcloth--- the water and steam makes the grime melt away. This is sooo cheap and sooo good. I once read a biography on Jackie Kennedy and it said she constantly slathered Pond's Cold Cream on her face as a moisturizer. I thought it was odd that she could afford any product in the world, yet chose Ponds...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

I Love his cleanser :) at first, I really did not like this because of the gross oily feeling it left on my skin (this was when I was around 16, and wasn't using this to remove my makeup) Anywho, after hearing tons of raves that this is great for removing eyemakeup, foundation etc...I decided to try it again. One of my local liquidating store has boxes of this stuff for only $2.00- so I grabbed one and have since fallen in love =) I first apply this on my eyes and it does not sting or irritate them at all, which is nice. After about a one minute or two, I remove it with a makeup remover towelette or a cloth and it effortlessely removes eyemakeup without drying out your skin around your eyes. I also like this to remove face makeup, it removes my Revlon colorstay foundation and Maybelline powder nicley. A cheap, cult favorite product that truly works!