September 3, 2014 | 1567 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2010 5:45:00 AM More reviews by anniemouse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Yeah! Boots had run out of my Simple EMUR.
I don't know why I picked up the Ponds, I must've read something about it - with the recent "Recession-busting value products that your gran used to use" articles in the papers.
So pretty much every type of EMUR I've tried stings like buggery, not helped by the fact that I wear quite a lot of mascara! I've tried things like Lush UltraBland before, and it got so messy, I looked horrendous, with all this black smeared around my face!

So I tried the cold cream last night after coming in from the pub, fully expecting to rub this in and run yelping from my room to the bathroom to wash my eye out. But I rubbed a very small amount over my eyelids with my finger (not too messy) then used a bit more on a cotton wool pad to rub off the mascara, and could even rub the pad in the roots of my lashes on the underside, without it stinging; and it was pretty quick at getting it all off, too.
I then whacked a load over the rest of my face, rubbed it in, then used a hot flannel to remove. Wheeeeeee! Fantastic!
I guess it's similar to Eve Lom & muslin, but only 4 a pot.
I may just have found my ideal cleanser!
The only thing that grates is the smell of rose; it's a bit "old lady" for my liking, but I can live with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by isedhey

terrible product
after reading many reviews here, i thought i'd give it a try cuz my other cleanser kept breaking me out
so after i bought it and tried it out, i felt bad for wasting my money on this.
first of all, i hated the smell! it smelled like something my grandma would use. nd 2nd of all, after i clean the cream off my face, it left an oily residue on my skin, making it feel unclean!
i hate this product
oh nd da packaging is really bad. they have it in a tub so its very unsanitized :[

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Mochavida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would buy this product again but only as an eye makeup remover. This clogged pores on my face b/c of HORRIBLE oily film it leaves behind.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by darling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like the way this cleanser smells and it seems to do a decent job at removing makeup..but I feel like that's really all it's good at. Like many reviewers, I don't like the slick, greasy-feeling residue that is left on the skin afterward..and I just don't feel like this is really cleaning my skin. Prior to this I was using Cetaphil, and to be honest I like Cetaphil much more.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by whitebook

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A big YES!

EASY & EFFICIENT:
All you need is a little dip, then you will have "an excuse" to massage your face. (Face massage is a beauty secret in many country encouraging blood flows!) A good massage will help coldcream particles "bonding" & "pulling out" the MU particles. Next step: Tissue them off with folded toilet paper! Toilet paper with a little bit texture works best with PCC. I try to wipe with a clean side (by folding the toilet paper), so I can see what's coming off! I would follow by j&j head to toe baby wash (which is great for removing eye MU) and the apple cider vinegar toner when I am less lazy. No film left behind! If you don't feel clean enough, did another round, and check out what's left on the table!
CHEAP & LESS ABRASIVE:
I have tried Shu Uemura, Fancl cleansing oil, then some other OCMs (EVOO, jojoba, sweet almond oil.) They are time-consuming, and the commercial oil are about $30 USD per bottle! I bought this 9.5oz PCC 8 years ago. I used to spend like a snob in department stores, so I set this aside. But recently I am learning how to save, so I revisit this product. Surprisingly, it hydrates my skin and gives me no break-out. Finally, I look like a natural beauty!
Now I just cross my finger hoping they won't change the classic formula! Also, I think it should be in a tube instead of a jar. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by VenusLily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this product. I'll start out with the positives: It is affordable, smells great and feels nice when you initially put it on your skin.
That said, it doesn't do anything for my skin. It's terrible at removing my makeup, and when I rinse it off it leaves a disgusting oily film on my face. I have to use my regular Olay cleanser after I use this stuff, not only to remove my makeup but to get off that icky oil slick.
Also, I started breaking out.
I am glad some people think it is really great. It didn't do anything for me.
I'll probably give it to an aunt or cousin to try. Maybe they'll have better luck.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 2:45:00 AM More reviews by keiramode

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I have very sensitive skin and can not use many products on my face but this doesn't irritate it. I rinse my face with water, apply cold cream, wipe it off with a towel and put on moisturizer and I'm good to go. This does a great job at removing revlon colorstay. My only problem is with the packaging. I wish it came in a tub.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 1:36:00 AM More reviews by shinewin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser!!!
First of all, it remove makeup and deep clean your pores. I mean it takes waterproof mascaras off!!
And after that it leaves your skin very moisturizing and not dry. I am loving this, one big jar last me for about 6 months now and it's only half way down the jars. Basically, i just need two jars and it will last me for a year!!
I just wish the packaging was a pump because it's not very sanitizing to keep dipping in and out. I use a cotton swap or wooden stick to do it. I must re-purchases this again of course, money saving and great quality!! It's a must have, girls!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

*sighs* Another product that caused an allergic reaction. I only used it as a foundation/makeup remover. Every time I use it, my face would get this burning sensation and my lips would start to swell slightly. I used it about three times before I gave up. Eventually the rash and "acne" would disappear. Pity since it is cheap. I guess I am stuck with using apricot oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by bleuettr

I really really want to love this product, the smell is nice, it is a classic product that has been around for years, it takes off my mascara well but it breaks me out!
I might continue to use it as a make up remover, not as a cleanser itself.