November 28, 2014 | 1029 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2009 6:51:00 AM More reviews by wouldyoubelieve

This cleanser is ok. Just ok. As plenty of others have pointed out this doesn't take off mascara well. I don't think that is what this is for but if that's what your looking for then I would not recomend this. About the cleansing properties it's ok. I don't think this is amazing. I had qiute bad skin at the time and it didn't improve. I got through about half way through a big bottle of this so prehaps I could've stuck with it longer but I have decided to use more natural products (which has been the best decision for my skin I have ever made).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Aladyinredpolish

I really like this product, I feel it takes off almost all my makeup with the first wash and it leaves my skin feeling clean. You must use a moisturiser along with this though because it can dry you out. It does help to prevent breakouts by cleaning your skin nicely. The only downside is that it does not completely remove ALL of your makeup on the first wash. I will buy agian and agian because its cost effiecient and it works great.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2009 5:47:00 AM More reviews by tangerinetomato

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate this. it dries out my face and stings

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Chloe1019

Im really glad Cetaphil came out with a cleanser for oily/combo skin. I use this with my Clarisonic and my skin has never looked better! I used Ponds to take my makeup off first, then use Cetaphil and Clarisonic. Skin is super clean, but not dry. I like the pump dispenser. Price is great too! I can get it at Ulta and use the coupon.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2008 12:39:00 AM More reviews by LG75

pros: good for taking off makeup and for general facial cleansing
cons: quick to dry out the skin (increased flakiness); smells like alcohol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 5:30:00 PM More reviews by tootswoots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this gentle soap is excellent for my face. When I started using prescription strength topicals fr my acne my dr suggested i move to a very gentle cleanser. I've been using it now for about two years and it's really nice on the face. Even after I stopped using the topicals I still use the cleanser. In the cold weather it doesn't over dry the face and leave it feeling parched.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2008 3:58:00 PM More reviews by pizdamomma

I have really oily skin, but I've been controlling it quite well lately. I started using this a couple of days ago. My face has been oily again and I've been going nuts trying to figure out what it is. So I realized that for some reason, this is making me super oily since this is the only thing I have changed in my routine. Will go back to purpose cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2008 1:30:00 AM More reviews by lashic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In the beginning, this product was great for my oily skin, and I thought it was the perfect step above the gentle cleanser. However, after about 1-2 months, it left my skin too dry, which only made my skin produce more oil by mid-day. So, Cetaphil's gentle cleanser it is.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2008 6:28:00 PM More reviews by BeautifulBrunette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used to LOVE this product, but unlike regular Cetaphil, this has MASKING FRAGRANCE (listed as an ingredient!), and I think that is why it burns when I wash with it. I does a good job of cleaning the skin and removing makeup, but it makes my skin feel tight and look shiny. Lately I have been using this to clean my brushes. The packaging is great - I bought a huge pump bottle of it, so it's lasting for over a year now. I think instead of using this on my face, I will use it for brushes, or maybe in the shower. It might be more beneficial in the summer when my skin is definitely oily. I would not repurchase this because the Gentle Skin Cleanser works better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 5:21:00 AM More reviews by jhay22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite everyday cleanser. It takes off makeup beautifully and I even use it to clean my makeup brushes! It's not too drying for the skin, but I recommend you follow with a moisturizer particularly in the winter. This is a beauty must-have!