NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

For reference I'm an NC35- I use Nars Sheer Glow in the shade Stromboli.

This foundation seemed to be heaven sent when I first had the MUA at Sephora test this on me. The color match was the best I had been able to find up until recently. It can be very frustrating trying to find a good color match for olive skin (for someone who is not Asian). This foundation does not last long, broke me out here and there, was streaky, and looked unnatural in daylight once you out of the lighting in Sephora. I had become so frustrated with finding a foundation that I SETTLED for this.

I have sensitive (reactive), dry skin, and my HG foundation now is Lancome Tient Idole 24 HR foundation. If you have been searching for the perfect foundation for your olive skintone head straight over to Lancome, you won't regret it. Don't settle for Nars like I did.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I can't imagine my life without it. No seriously. This is myHG foundation now ! I only have a sample because I wanted to try it prior to buying it. (You know 55$can is pretty damn dirty expensive. BUUUUT a little goes a looooooong way !! My sample contains something like 3 drops hahaha an I expect it to last for 2 weeks, since I really don't need a lot. I used to wear covergirl, maybeline blablabla but I aaaalways had to mix it with Halloween white makeup. Pathetic I know. But I'm just so damn pale. Which is weird cause I have very dark brows and hair. ANYWAYS ! I wear the Gobi shade, which is very fair, but has yellow undertones to it. I would wear the Siberia one, which is the lightest shade, however it contains some pink undertones and I definitely don't have pink undertones ( I tried it there an I looked like an angry tomato. Anyways.) Gobi fits so well ! It's a bit darker than my actual face shade but you can't really notice since the undertones are perfect. It's something between light and medium coverage, which is perfect for me. I just wear it in my t-zone since I have some redness and blemishes there. With the yellow undertones, it perfectly hides the redness and the blemishes, with only a tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny bit of the foundation. My skin looks flawless, without any blemish, and you can't even notice that I have foundation on. I'm a foundation junkie, literally. I have something like 1047281 bottles of foundation, but they aallll are too dark or too pink for my skin so yay I bought them for nothing. But Nars is te perfect shade. When I run out of product I will definitely buy it, cause its worth all the pennies. I expect it to last for something like 10 months or more, so instead of buying every week a new bottle of crap foundation for 20$ each (lol) well I will buy a 55$ high quality one that will last forever. So yeah ! Go buy it ! Oh by the way I have normal skin, not dry nor oily.

I bought this foundation thinking it was finally a foundation that had everything I needed.. it comes in a super pale shade and its made to have a nice glow upon the skin.. the coverage on this foundation tho is terrible.. The only reason I use it and would buy it again is its so light and matches my skin so good I mix it with other foundations to get the right shade that I need so that I wont have a makeup line.

This is really over rated. It is an average medium coverage foundation that would be best for normal to oily skin. It is way too expensive for what it is.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't want to down this product too much because I know that for some skin types it would be great BUT not if you have any dry patches on your skin. It does have some great points though and if your skin is oily/normal - I would recommend trying.

I got this after seeing some great reviews on You Tube.

It goes on beautifully - probably one of the most blendable foundations I have tried. The colour range is super and the Light 4 - Deauville was a perfect match for me.

On areas like my cheeks and forehead this looks lovely, airbrushed almost, although by no means 'glowy'. The name is misleading - this is a matte foudation.

BUT on my nose chin and round my lips, even up near my brows this settles looks cakey and flaky, even after i applied loads of moisturiser ad have exfolited. it also sat horribly under my eyes I won't be repurchasing. The thing is, my skin isn't particularly dry, so I think of those with alot of dry patches this would be a nightmare.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I haven't had any problems with this foundation. I wear it in Syracuse.

The coverage is buildable and I love the dewy finish it gives. I don't often use a primer (because I haven't found one that I find worth using) and it lasts me the entire day without going patchy or requiring touch ups.. I have normal-dry skin at the moment (accutane user) but have used it whilst I had oilier skin and it still managed to hold up well.

The packaging is strange as you don't get a pump and I do wonder how easy it will be to get the last little bits of product out.

However due to the texture, finish, lasting ability and the fact it doesn't cause breakouts I will definitely be repurchasing! (Even after the recent NARS price increase.... ;) )

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I decided to try this after hearing all the hype, and I am so disappointed! I bought a bottle in the colour Siberia which is a pretty good match to my skin tone (NW15). Had to pay for the pump which is annoying. It looks good to begin with, but after about an hour it separates and slides all over my skin and transfers like nothing else - even with a primer and setting with powder. I do like the coverage, but it's way more trouble than it's worth especially considering I payed $68 aus for it.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

After more than a year of using this foundation and endless bottles repurchased, I can finally review this! I am NC37-40 on months I stay indoors and NC42 during the summer. The shade Barcelona fits me perfectly generally, though Syracuse sets nicely and naturally after blended and is excellent for tanned months.

First of all, coverage is great. Medium but definitely buildable to heavy. Finish is semi-matte. Consistency is not thick but not runny either, and blending is a dream. Does not break me out despite daily wear. I loved this foundation, initially. However, I found that it only lasted about 5-6 hours of good wear. After that, it left my skin looking dull and lifeless. I'd have to reapply again to achieve the same flawless effect. Note, however, that I live in very tropical conditions in the Philippines so this may be a factor.

The dealbreaker for me was that this foundation transferred like crazy! On my clothes, even on my notebooks. For such a hefty price, I'd like a more long-wearing product (and a pump, at that - packaging sucks!). I kept buying it because tanned shades aren't widely available in the Philippines (despite majority of the population here being dark-skinned). NARS had the best selection. I'd consider MAC but their foundations broke me out.

To recap:

PROS:
- Buildable medium-heavy coverage
- Semi-matte finish
- Great coverage and consistency
- Does not break me out
- Great color selections for warm tones

CONS:
- Pricey
- Lasts only about 5-6 hours
- No pump!
- Transfers like crazy

I'd give it a 3.5 if I could simply because it served me well, and initial application did look flawless. However, I've recently switched to Revlon Colorstay (I order my shades online and have them shipped) and find that I'm enjoying a better foundation with a quarter of the price. NARS Sheer Glow is a good foundation, but I will not be repurchasing in the near future!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Update: I just switched to Lancome teint idole ultra for the summer and I like it SO much better!! It has a more natural appearance and is lighter than the NARS foundation!

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! My lancome teint miracle foundation was my HG but it was breaking me out a little on my forehead so I switched over to MUFE HD because I had heard such great things about that product. Let me telll you... I was completely disappointed by MUFE HD. It didn't break me out and the color was okay, but the coverage wasn't good enough! It took a lot of pumps to get the coverage I wanted, but Nars Sheer Glow exceeded my expectations. I love the color range, the coverage, and the fact that it looks natural in the daytime. For some reason I had a hard time blending MUFE HD with my sigma F80, but Nars goes on with my sigma F80 like a dream. Not to mention it doesn't break me out. I will be repurchasing a summer shade in a few months.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this foundation, however it is full coverage, I believe it says medium coverage on description.

Some people say my face looks matte when I wear this foundation, even though its a sheer foundation, sometimes I can see this but other times I think it has a dewy finish which I like.

I find that sometimes this foundation can show the bumps from spots on my face, however it covers them well and leaves an even coverage and colour on the face.

Overall I do really like this foundation and is recommended my Millie Mackintosh from made in Chelsea.

Video Reviews & Tutorials