September 30, 2014 | 1575 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 4:36:00 AM More reviews by SarByy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation! I am light with cool undertones, but I am not exactly "fair". Mont Blanc is a perfect match for me! You definitely need to use a face primer and set it with powder because I noticed if I don't I get less wear time. The price is a little expensive for a little bottle, but in the long run I think it is worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by deb2382

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great color match for me (NC40-42, somewhat olivey undertone - my match was Syracuse) and I loved the slightly glowy finish, even though I was less than thrilled with the fact that it tended to wear off a bit over a long day (which I was willing to put up with for the lovely color match!). But alas, after a couple of weeks I had to admit that this was the culprit of the breakouts on my chin. I do have very sensitive, acne prone skin, so if you have less reactive skin it may work for you.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by B3NGAL1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best foundation i've ever used!! I use barcelona and it's a fair match, my sister uses this in punjab and it is spot on!! :O
I love the dewy glowy effect this foundation gives and full coverage does not look cakey, the consistency is spot on for me too and with a stipple brush i find it gives me a flawless look!
I personally don't mind splashing out on this because a foundation lasts me about 8-9 months, so i think it's worth investing in!
FINALLY i find that this works on my dry skin and patches too, maybe because of the brush I use with it?

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2011 5:04:00 AM More reviews by ckn23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Firstly, this is sooo expensive in Australia ($99), so it would have to be close to darn perfect for me to purchase it.

Ill start by saying that the montblanc shade is a *perfect* match for my skin tone, which has never happened before. EVER. That was the first sign I had to have this.

Secondly, I have very very sensitive skin which is prone to redness from products, and this foundation totally covered and somehow neutralized my redness, i looked normal instead of a tomato! Sign #2

Thirdly, I didn't break out or get a reaction from it, so I've decided this is as close to a perfect liquid foundation as I'm ever getting.
Note: I use foundation powder over the top (currently ELDW but changing soon)

Id like a pump though

**EDIT**
Soo... I think this caused a massive breakout on me D: I have stopped using it for about a week and I haven't gotten any new pimples and my skin seems a bit better... SO unfortunate, because I was in love. I guess I will keep it for special occassions, or something. such a waste of money!
Also note, I have also realised that this foundation does not have the best lasting power. It looks great for a few hours, but then kind of sits on the skin awkwardly (I've tried with and without primer (smashbox)). Definately need something more longlasting. So very sad about this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by PixelChick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best foundation for me and I have spent or rather wasted alot of money in the quest for the holy grail foundation. I have normal skin with only slightly oily areas around the nose and I wear the shade Barcelona. I must agree with most of the reviews I have read so far, this does give you a medium coverage and is a little pricey, however for the effect that it gives my skin I'm definately paying the money and repurchasing it again. In fact I've managed to convice both my sisters to purchase it too!

I apply it with either a brush or my fingers on top of my Nars pro-prime primer and then dust a little mineral veil from Bare Esscentuals over it to set it. And I can honestly say it does not budge, yes I may need to top my mineral veil at least once throughout the day at work. But thats it and it instantly revives the foundation.

I used the to wear the Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich in 4.25 so I wasn't sure why I was matched to the shade Barcelona in Nars, but after wearing it for a few days I realised its perfect for me. And I have received many compliments about how my skin looks.

Yes the only down side is that it does not come with a pump which is why I scored it a little less on packaging.

However, I would definately recommend this, I havent suffered from any breakouts from it which is fortunate, you can always ask for a sample before you fork out full price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Nawaaari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is my favorite so far! i have this really dry skin and i always need to moisturize my skin and use a primer before any foundation i use, but after few hours i feel like my skin is so dry and i feel bad.
after Nars sheer glow i feel my skin i so moisturized the whole day, i never feel dry like before, and they give me a healthy glow and my skin feels so good and i loved this so much.. i'm sure i'm gonna repurchase this product over and over again :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by trinigal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the worst fondation i have ever tried. First of all there is no glow. This is a matte fondation that left a white cast ( ashy look ) on my skin. It has weight to it as well, i could feel the fondation on my face as i went on with my day. Nars is one of my fav make up brands, so i'm very dissapointed. I tried the shade in macao .

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by malabu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure if it's the color that's wrong or the foundation. The first time I applied it I loved it. But then I noticed how it conceals all the natural glow from my face (coverage is high medium) and makes it look like I'm wearing a pale, orange or yellow mask. It doesn't look healthy. It shines in the wrong places and also tend to look powdery at times. The bottle is horrible because it has no pump so there is a lot of mess and spill. As for the price, it's very expensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by lafemmetopaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is another winning product from Nars. The overall quality of Nars products are exceptional.

I absolutely love this foundation. I tried it via sample at sephora, I tried macao first which was a huge miss for me, way too light. I tried Trinidad which was a perfect match. I gotta hand it to Nars for offering some any shades of foundation for WOC, especially we darker/deeper skin toned WOC. I'm lucky that my undertone is yellow, so Trinidad matched my entire face.

I don't really have an issue with "no pump". You can buy one for $6 at Narscosmetics.com. The product should be "warmed" first before applying it to the face, so I just pour a small amount onto the back of my hand and use my fingers to apply it anyway. This product does look best when applied with fingers. The warming up of the product does help the color blending into the skin.

Overall the color, finish and coverage of this foundation is excellent.

Don't forget to use your sunscreen, all year around. WOC should be using suncreen too :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by elsong1211

Got this in Deauville, its very moisturising, but it doesn't really give a sheer finish, it more matte when just applied, but as the day progresses, it starts to glow, i guess that is the natural oil as well.

Really dislike the fact that it doesn't come with a pump, its unhygienic and wastes a lot of product.

Would not be re-purchasing even though I like it but its not a WOW product for me and I would like to try something new.