August 22, 2014 | 1247 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was on my wish list for the longest time but I couldn't justify spending $24 for this small bottle so I finally got this full size bottle with the totally bronze kit from sephora ($35), it takes some getting used to at first with applying but once you get the hang of it, I really really like this. It really gives my cheeks a dewy healthy glow. I don't really like the nail polish look of the packaging but it's a good product, if Sephora has it in a value kit on sale again I'd re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2010 8:10:00 AM More reviews by LipstickLoveForever

It sure gives a beautiful shimmery, glowy complexion! However, I would prefer a powder highlighter, so much easier to apply. Also, this colour might appear a bit 'icey' and cold on yellow-toned skins.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

High Beam highlights so naturally that it seems like I have perfect/dewy skin whenever I use it. I would usually wear this in the day and add powder highlighter such as Albatross by Nars at night. This product really impressed me, I'm probably going to stick to this for the rest of my life.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2010 3:06:00 AM More reviews by bubblyface17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got this in the mini benefit kit and its okay. i would rather have a powder highlighter because you have more control of the product. this has a nice shimmer to it. i apply it on my browbone and it looks okay.. nothing amazing...i wouldnt buy the big size...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by waazzup

this product is just okay. i mean it does an average job but it is definetly not worth the price. i got it in a benefit set and i was super excited, but kinda dissapointed cause i have heard amazing things about it. when the light hits it, it kinda looks like you packed on eyeshadow to your cheekbones. but its not an awful product, just not great

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2010 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Jammyc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Now I love Benefit products but I'm not sure where I am going wrong with this one!?!
- find it quite sticky and fast drying
- I have trouble blending it

On the plus side the colour is lovely and its Benefit - Maybe I just need to practice more!?!

:o) x

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by CocoBoo

This stuff is pricey but is amazing for highlighting my fair skin. I dab tiny dots on the bridge of my nose, cheeks, above the brow, or chin and then blend it out with my fingers. It brightens and adds a glow to my entire face. The bottle will last me a very long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Tit4Tat

Although the blending is awkward unless you use your fingertips as opposed to the brush, I find that if you apply the product in tiny dots, it blends much better. I don't always use it for highlighting my brow bone and my cheeks but I find it works great if applied along the front lower part of my legs, creating an elongated feel as well as highlighting my cleavage. I like the fact that it stays put on my skin and doesn't transfer onto my clothing. It also didn't cause any breakouts which is rare for my ridiculously sensitive skin

*Update* My super-attentive best friend asked me if I got any work done because I looked "fresh and dewy" and once I denied, she asked what foundation I was wearing and she was very pleased to find that on that evening I wore nothing but this highlighter on the highest points of my cheek bones, eyebrows and bridge of the nose.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by ellenmarie1959

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First highlighter I ever purchased, and I liked it fine until I got a chance to sample other brands. I now find that it dries fast and is hard to blend, so I get a bit of a line of demarcation. Not what I was going for in a highlight. Much happier with swivel-stick products such as NARS Copacabana and Chantecaille Aquablush Radiance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 4:48:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I brought this a few days ago and I now know it will be in my everyday makeup routine. I use this along with Posietint and it makes my complexion look...just so radiant!
I dab this along my cheekbones and temple and get the most radiant sheen.

Pros:
* lovely texture
* light pink base colour somehow perks up my skin
* does not contain glitter, it's a sheen that gives you the perfect glow
*lasts all day

Cons:
* way too expensive for what it is
* I don't like the nail polish type applicator. But it'll have to do.
* the concept of a highlighter is very dupeable, but I've found of all the ones I've tried, only this one lasts a full working day with NO touch up

Its going to take me a long time to finish this, but I'd buy again. Definately recommend!