August 1, 2014 | 1848 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by ju1i4nn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Paint Pots in general are some of my favorite products to use as eyeshadow bases. They're smooth, easy to apply & do wonders for your eyeshadows! Shadows applied over Paint Pots are more vibrant & don't crease throughout the day. Painterly is so great because it's flesh toned so it can be used under any shadow. If your looking for a very versatile eyeshadow base - definitely go with Painterly.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 2:29:00 AM More reviews by beautymark86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff works great! I use it as an eyeshadow primer and it works beautifully. My eyeshadows never crease or fade away. This stuff is amazing! The little jar lasts a really long time too! Forget UDPP this is by far the best eyeshadow primer!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by rocksteady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really into UDPP as a base for eyeshadow but I kept hearing other makeup gurus talk about painterly paint pot as a base so I had to try it. I find myself grabbing for the paint pot more than the UDPP. I like it because it does a great job of covering any discolouration on my lids as well as providing an awesome long wearing base for eyeshadow. For super long days I use UDPP and layer painterly on top. My eye makeup looked amazing still 13 hrs later. I would recommend this for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by aeropostale72195

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is amazing. My eyeshadow stays in place, will not fade, crease or move with this on! it is like a magnet. i would highly suggest MAC paintpots for everyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by bellagemma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm nc37-40, and for me this product was too white-ish for my eyes. It made me look like a raccoon with white circles on its eyes lol

It made all my shadows TOO obvious and for some reason, I had a severe allergic reaction to this and all of the matte MAC paint pots. Never had that problem with Rubenesque paint pot though.

I also had a similar reaction to the HIP line, so if you have any allergies like that, steer clear!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by slidinstop

For years I have tried eye bases/primers with the same disappointing results inspite of all the reviews and claims. I have a tendancy for slightly oily eyelids, so wound up feeling greasy with the use of the primer products. For a time I used BE foundation to neutralize any oil, but really was too drying.

I'd heard the RAVE reviews for MAC Paint Pot in Painterly and thought I would give it a shot... and OMG!!!!!!!! I LIVE for this product!!!! It really does provide the PERFECT canvas for all my shadow applications, and it WEARS ALL DAY, no creasing, no missing or migrating eyeshadows. I spend a great deal of time outdoors and my shadow stays perfect.

I cannot say enough about this product!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 7:57:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

Works great! shadow stays on all day. No smearing. smudging or creasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by evarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've found I use this wayyy more than my UDPP or TFSI. I might go so far as to dub it HG status! Love putting it on because it's so creamy. It macthes my skintone almost perfectly and makes my shadows stick and look great! If you have neutral to cool skintone, use Painterly. I tried Soft Ochre and it was much too yellow! But it's good to know MAC has 2 non-shimmery bases to cover a wide range of skin tones, so everyone's covered :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2010 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my first paint pot purchased from Mac, it's a neutral skin tone color. Good base but I have very very oily eyelids so I find that unless I wear UDPP under this, my eyeshadows crease like no tomorrow! It's a creamy I don't think I'd ever run out of this as I've had it for a year and only have a small dip in it but I probably won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2010 2:02:00 AM More reviews by GreenT

Overall, this is a very good primer. However, I don't think it's optimal for people with oily lids like I have. I find that my makeup does still have a tendency to crease sometimes at the end of the day, especially if it's a hot day. When it's warm, this stuff tends to melt away before the day is out. I had a minty green/brown look for St. Patrick's day and by 5PM all I had left was a couple of dark creases :P

It is very creamy so it'd be much better for people with dry skin. Personally, I think I'm going to try a different primer next time and see if I get better results.