December 20, 2014 | 1593 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2008 12:06:00 PM More reviews by shelleycap

I bought this after my hairdresser told me it was the best thing to ever happen to makeup, and I am pretty glad I did. I snapped out of my BE Mineral makeup haze and decided to try liquid foundations for a more natural, less chalky look. I have really sensitive skin, so Sephora sold me on Lorac Breakthrough Performance at first, which was a total bust, don't buy that one. I then tried this and was amazed at the coverage. It is light but so natural looking. It does not settle into fine lines at all, and I have a few around my eyes. I no longer use concealer under my eyes because this does a better job. It is buildable coverage, so I think it would suit most needs. It even smells like flowers! I took one lippie off because I accidentally fell asleep in this makeup and woke up the next morning to a mild irritation all over my face, and my skin felt like leather. Gross. It was my fault, but I've never had that kind of reaction before.
UPDATE: This is not for sensitive skin, at all! After a couple of weeks the condition of my skin took a nosedive. My face was no longer soft, it felt like sandpaper, and I started to break out. No bueno. This one got returned.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2008 2:43:00 AM More reviews by jaimeyusu

Beautiful colors, lightweight, sheer but noticeable coverage, no break outs, not dehydrating, has a dewy finish that I absolutely ADORE. It doesn't even feel like a foundation, but more like a magic tinted moisturizer.. Applied with Quo sponge, makes my complexion naturally flawless like I have no foundation on... CRAZY. love it.

Wouldn't be suitable for people looking for maximum coverage or matte finish.

1 lippie off just for the inconvenient packaging (no pump.. large hole.. glass packaging...)

I'm fair-skinned asian with yellow undertones, freckles, acne-prone, somewhat sensitive skin and have rosacea.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2008 9:29:00 AM More reviews by smarie22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this is a great foundation for ladies with drier skin. It goes on well and is very blendable. I like that weird jelly like consistency and the smell doesn't bother me at all (although I am not very sensitive to smell). I like the cool gel texture when I apply this with my MAC 187 brush. The coverage is very sheer. This doesn't really hide any red spots for me, but it does even out the texture of my skin. I stipple this on and then buff it in using circular motions. This was my first liquid foundation and I am happy with the results. My skin is on the drier side and I would recommend ladies with oilier skin steer clear of this product. I use a heavy creamy ss under this (but my skin handles this fine), and MAC MSF on top along with some concealer for spots. My chin does get a little shiny at the end of the day, but that is due more to my choice of products underneath rather than F&B itself. This hasn't broken me out (and I have annoyingly sensitive breakout prone skin) and settles in nicely. This is not quite an HG product yet, but I haven't tried enough other liquids to compare this to so that may change. I would like to try the MUFE HD foundation next...but I would still highly recommend this to ladies with dry skin.
UPDATE (3/30/09)** I still use this sometimes--I am on the same bottle I bought almost a year ago. This just doesn't hide ANYTHING on my skin. It's weird. But I don't even know if this would constitute as a foundation. I'll use it but it just doesn't provide any coverage--I don't need a TON of coverage, but this offers none as far as I can tell. Weird. I will eventually use it all, but will not likely purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2008 3:02:00 PM More reviews by panglem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't understand the hype about this either. I ordered it from sephora after seeing all the rave reviews on here, but was very disappointed. First of all it is next to impossible to get out, it is like a giant lugey crammed into a glass bottle. I was able to get it out well enough with a brush and applied it that way. It felt cool going on and smoothed in well, but it completely accentuated my pores like no makeup had done before and looked very fake. (I tried a couple different colors to make sure that it wasn't that). The next day I returned all the different shades I had purchased to test out to Sephora. This stuff made me realize how amazing my $8 bottle of Maybelline age rewind cream foundation is (which has a wonderful pump bottle). I just bought the Maybelline after seeing great reviews on here for it and was doubtful that it could show up MUFE's $38 foundation which had good reviews as well, but it completely blows MUFE out of the water (and mind you I NEVER have used drugstore brand foundation before this). Maybelline age rewind cream goes on light, looks natural, and at the same time I don't need concealor to hide redness/blemishes. Please go to CVS and try this before blowing your money on MUFE (you can always return it even after it is opened). It is the cheapest HG status product I have ever used.

8 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2008 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Talste

hmmm, I don't really understand the hype with this foundation, I own shades 2 & 20 for my NW20 skin tone, It blends in beautifully but is a bit to sheer for my liking (although it is build able)

This foundation didn't really have a "WOW" factor for me unlike MUFE's HD foundation (My HG). All in all it's ok, just nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by sbteinert

While this is not my HG I still love this MU! I am using it with the super matte powder.

I wanted to try it out after reading all the good reviews on this site and I am glad I did. So many people say the smell is bad but it really didn't bother me and I really like the texture it has, it makes it go on very smoothly.

The first day I wore it was the absolute best day to test it out. I was going to class, the wind was horrible, it was raining and I forgot my umbrella, the BF and I got into an argument that made me cry and through it all my makeup stayed intact and flawless! I have combination skin and even when I blotted this makeup stayed on.

It does have sheer coverage which I like because it gives a very natural look that is good for everyday. I am a college student and it makes my face look wonderful without looking like I've made myself up too much for class. It's like my natural skin only with a better complexion.

It is a tad expensive, especially witht the powder but I would absolutely recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2008 3:02:00 PM More reviews by vyuen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Update (6/11/2014): After more than 5 years, time & again, still my staple HG foundation! Still wear #20 in cooler season & #32 in during the warmer months. I wore a thin layer of #32 over a layer of sunscreen this hot summer & went for a 7 hours hiking with dear hubby. I still want to look good during hiking!! :) Guess what, my face still looked good after all the sweating when the 7 hrs hike was over. Husband complimented me too!! 1 bottle lasted me for months of daily use. My money spent is worth while. Still keep this at 5 lippies status!
*****************************************************************************************************
Edit (4/19/10): I want to follow up on this review after almost a year of using it. It is still my HG foundation! I have been using #20 for Winter and #32 for Summer. Now, they come in pumps!! I just purchased my brand new bottle and very happy to discover this is what they have started to do now for all their stocks. So, very soon all of them will come in pumps. Right now the shades that are stocked more in inventory come in with pumps! 5 lippies to F&B!!!!
********************************************************************
(9/2008)
I've been given a very generous sample from my local department store a month ago. The make up artist (MUA) matched me with #20 ivory. I usually wear MAC NC20 to 25 select (NC20 in cooler seasons) and NC25 in Springs & Summers). The MUA also gave me another sample for their next shade #32 which was slightly more yellow and than #20 so I could try out both.

I LOVE this foundation. I have tried many in the past, both department and drug stores ones. Mostly either too white, too pink, too yellow, or too heavy, too matte or too sheer of a coverage. I do have a couple other cheaper options as back ups now since I found this foundation.
I have normal to slightly dry skin in Winters, so I am usually quite ok with most foundations without major breakouts.

I decided to swap for my first full size bottle and got a nice first swap with a MUA member. I got the #20 as the weather is cooling down here in Canada. I love this foundation because it applies like a liquid-gel (looks a bit lumpy when first poured out) and feels cooling to the skin. To overcome the lumpiness, I was told to shake the bottle first before use so the texture will mix back into liquid gel instead of lumpy.
It does have a rose water fragrant smell but it quickly disappears. I applied with a foundation brush and started off with one layer (gives a sheer coverage), then if needed, I would apply another layer. Two layers gives me medium coverage. I love this because it takes a minute to dry so I have time to blend into my skin (especially when I need 2 layers).

The price is not cheap (it costs me CAD $42 + tax) but the bottle is larger and full to the top. I only need a little bit each time for my 1 layer application. "Less is more" - the motto my MUA always told me.

I even wore it yesterday to go swimming in the pool. It never came off. All I need after I showered at the pool changing room was to apply a layer of powder over it. From there on, I was good to carry on the rest of my day! Amazing!
Lots of colour match for different skin tones. I have light warm asian skin and get fairer in Winters. Definitely a great Summer foundation and also works for me in Fall now. Remember to apply sunscreen lotion underneath before this foundation because this has no SPF.
Great Summer foundation with medium coverage. In Winter, I can still use this and just need to apply a richer sunscreen cream underneath.

Highly recommended. Will go to the store to buy my first retail bottle after I finish this swap bottle!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2008 11:57:00 AM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow! Ok let me wipe my tears, i finally have found my HG foundation after all this time. I had used it before but thought it made me to shiny in the t-zone area which i hate, so i quickly returned it to sephora w/o any hesitation. I got tired of using mac studio fix b/c it just gave me a very flat, dull yet matte appearance so that's probably why i have been using it so long but then my friend suggested i try liquid and that's where mufe f & b came in. So after i decided it made me too shiny i jumped to clinique's superfit foundation which claimed to have properties in it that whisk away oil and it did for a couple of weeks and then all of a sudden the color started looking to orange on me and it was very heavy compared to f & b and i do not by any means like the feel of heavy foundation, so back to sephora i went. So i repurchased the f & b and decided to give it one more go. I got # 18, perfect color match for me and wore it again the next day with my mac blot pressed powder. When i tell you how beautiful my skinned looked and how i didn't get shiny after a couple of hours, i knew something had to be up. Little did i know i got the f & b w/o the mineral oil ingredient in it, the last one i had contained mineral oil and that's exactly why i was looking like a grease monkey. Thank you mufe for taking out that one ingredient and now you have a customer for life, wipes tears and guess what i can cry b/c this foundation is water resistant! Loves it! I highly recommend it, No ashiness, just beautiful, healthy looking skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2008 11:03:00 AM More reviews by pupiq

This is superior to all other foundation i ever tried! Definately, the best i have used.
Usually, i was quite happy with drugstore foundations, probably because my skin doesn't look extremely bad, and i the foundation wasnt the most important makeup item for me. However, one day, i looked in photos, and decided that i need better/more expensive foundation,because Ithought that I have only one skin, so it deserves the best treatment i can provide. If you must to choose, then choose more expensive foundation than, for example, mascara (and I just love mascara, but that's another story)
This foundation, compared to all others, is really superb.
It has light, but fabulous coverage, gives skin healthy,silky appearance and sheen. It doesn't feel on the skin (which is really important to me), doesn't look too obvious! In addition, it stays put all day, however gets shiny on my oily skin.
I really hate the package and smell, still it's minor disadvantantages.
Doesn't transfer.
Looks just wonderful in photos, not obvious but flawless ( and i don't use concealer at all) ! Yay, now i like my photos :D
Definately will buy again and i'm looking forward to purchase anothe MUFE items.
EDIT: It broke me out on chin and jaw :( so i purchased another mufe foundation, which is even better than this and doesn't break me at all, HD foundation.
F and B is a really good foundation and u might like it, but you should test it out before purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2008 8:42:00 PM More reviews by aznreyna03

Used it and liked it. Switched to BE and came back to this. Now that I compared it to something else I love it. I will continue to buy until I have an itch to try another. =)