Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 1/9/2009 6:19:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got this foundation in swap from a superlovely MUA'er. I am NC25 and can get away with both 20 and 32. 32 is a quite yellow based though. I really wish to find a shade in between the two.
Cons: I hate the numbering system of their shades. They are just numbered at random (or some insane logic that I fail to understand) which makes it hard to look for a shade.
Also I really hope they change the wide mouthed packaging which caused my foundation to spill. A squeeze bottle like Mac Face & Body foundation would be nice.
Pros: This foundation is light coverage (buildable) with a glowy finish. I love the fact that when I put this on it looks very natural unlike some others which scream that u are wearing foundation. It doesnt cake when u layer it on for more coverage. This product is not as expensive as it sounds because it is 38$ for 1.69 fl oz while most bottles only contain 1oz.
The lasting power is also very good!

Comparison between Mac and MUFE F&B
I am NC25 in MAC and was matched N3 in MAC F&B.
for starters mufe has really crappy packaging and mac has a better packaging.so this point goes in favour of mac
secondly, mac has more quantity so is cheaper, another point in favour of mac.
thirdly, the shade numbering system of mufe is crazy! i have no idea wats the logic behind numbering the shades. so it may be easier to find a shade match with mac.thats another point in its favour
fourthly,coverage: eventhough both of them are sheer mac f&b is like u have nothing on.i see it as between no to light coveage . mufe has light coverage. but for both coverage is buildable so thats a huge plus for me where mufe is concerned.
fifthly,finish: i find mac to be more dewy as compared to mufe. I find mufe to be glowy.so for me thats a point in favour of mufe

also,mufe has a weird texture (blobby jelly like) and is fragranced. that may make a huge difference to some..

bottomline: despite crappy packaging and insane shade numbering i stick to mufe for its light coverage and finish. besides, mac has been known to break out some people (not me so far but y take chances?) and oxidise.so mufe is a safer option.
i hope that helps!

I went to Sephora and asked a lady to match me and give me a little sample of it in a little container.
I've only used it one day and so far it's amazing I'm in love with it it's just the thing i was looking for. It feels amazing, not heavy or cakey at all. Looks natural, lasts long. It's quite expensive but i think it's worth the money.

on 1/6/2009 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm in love with this foundation. I was matched with #32, Alabaster Beige, but it's a tad too dark. I would probably have to mix shades as #38 is too light. Luckily, the formula is pretty sheer, so it doesn't look awful on me. It just makes me a little darker than I really am. Haha. As I was saying, the weird gel formula is sheer, but offers great buildable coverage. I use my Sonia Kashuk flat blusher brush for application. I put a little on the back of my hand, then use that brush to stipple it on my face before blending it out in small circular motions. It's weird--it doesn't look like anything is happening, but when I'm done, my face looks perfect. It isn't the foundation mask I'm used to. Instead, it looks like my skin but better. If I'm having a bad skin day, I can use a little more in problem areas and it still doesn't look caked on. It's wonderful.

on 1/6/2009 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Love this foundation. Such a smooth, natural, dewy finish. Doesnt cake up and wears well during the day. Also layers well and gives an airbrushed finish if desired. Light to med coverage. Doesnt irritate my skin. Great color match for this nc45 ggg! Only wished it had a pump on the bottle. Other than that, it is perfection!

on 1/6/2009 12:55:00 PM

i tried. very natural, dewy, never tried a foundation can give me a doll-like look (hard, reflective plastic). but not my cup of tea.

on 1/6/2009 1:30:00 AM

I heart this foundation. Its thin so you can layer, isnt cakey, and gives you the final result of your skin but better. who wouldnt want that!

On a usual day i would only put on maybe 1-2 layers of foundation with my foundation brush. The second layer just on splotches, or dark areas etc. and the look is virtually perfect. keep in mind this WILL enhance flakes or dry skin.

When i go out at night, i probably brush on about 3 layers, because i know i will be taking alot of pictures, and the look is still natural. amazing stuff. I've been using this since November, and i've only used a 1/6. a little goes a long way. I also finish with the HD loose powder.

on 1/1/2009 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This led to a layer of oil on my face at the end of the day. It went on nicely, though, and sure looked nice at the beginning.

on 1/1/2009 1:11:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I broke down when I couldn't decide between mac f&b and this and purchased both. I believe I ended up with shade 34, and I will note that MUF has what I believe to be the most jacked up system of shade numbering in the mu business. That, however, is my ONLY complaint. I love the finish I get with this. It blends seemlessly with my skin, stays on all day (for me, often 10 hours more), and looks dewy, never greasy. I reach for this twice as often as the mac f&b, though that is a great foundation too. I wish the bottle was easier to deal with, but I just tip it over on the back on my freshly washed hand and use a stippling brush to 'airbrush' it on my skin. My boyfriend's mom was facinated by this unorthodox method when she watched me at work while we stayed with her lol. Shake it very well, ladies, and try shades at sephora, if possible. I tried three samples before I found a match. I know it's pricey, but I use this almost every day and have barely made a dent after 2 months, and I cover my face, neck and lightly use it on my chest if I have a lower cut shirt. I really think both of these (muf and mac f&b) are too expensive for using on the body, but they will last a looooong time otherwise. Oh, no SPF in either one, so minimum of 30spf beforehand, ladies!!!

on 1/1/2009 9:59:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I've been lemming this forever-probably years-I just broke down and ordered a bottle sight unseen, but by everyone's fantastic reviews I had an idea that #20 would be the right shade and that it would work well with my skin type.
I haven't used this with photos yet, which was my initial interest in the product. I noticed that the wear is great-long lasting, doesn't cake, looks fresh and dewy without being greasy. I have noticed no sensitivity or burgeoning breakouts with this foundation. The major downfall is that it is REALLY pricey (for me,anyway.) I've spent more on Chanel in the past, but that was BC (before returning to college.)'m hopiing this lasts me a while! The color match is great too; I am NC20 in MAC, Golden Fair (EM),W1 (Alima),Ecru Beige (SH),Stila B, Becca Banana,etc. (You get the idea.) This will probably be HG material.

on 12/30/2008 5:33:00 PM

I get married in September 2009, and am starting to experiment with makeup products and looks; I'm also a procrastinator which is why I've begun my search 9+ months early! Due to sunscreen and retinoid use, my face is lighter than my shoulders/arms, and needed to find a foundation that would match my skin/neck to my shoulders/arms. To complicate matters, my forehead is also a tad darker than my cheeks. So essentially, I am looking for a foundation that provides decent coverage, photographs well, and can also blend my skintone. I have combo skin, NC30/Chanel Shell/G.A. 4.5/Everyday Minerals Medium Beige, yellow-neutral, Asian skintone.

MUAers have always spoken highly of Make Up For Ever products, which is why I gravitated towards this line. I chose the Face and Body formula because I knew from prior experience that it mixes well with cream to become a tinted moisturizer, which is what I wear on a day-to-day basis. Originally, the sales assistant at Sephora matched me to shade 32 (Alabaster Beige), which matched my jawline fairly well, but when applied to my entire face, my face was very, very light in comparison to my arms. So I exchanged 32 for 34 (Honey Beige), which looked too dark in the bottle but when applied with a damp sponge yielded the best balance between my body and face's skin colors. The coverage is sheer and natural, but the pigmentation is excellent and provides a natural "veil" of color. I have not experienced any negative reactions (breakouts, redness, etc.) and will repurchase.

Lately, I've been mixing this with a dab of MAC Strobe Cream and I love the look of this tinted moisturizer - glowy but not sparkly, and an excellent tint of color.