October 25, 2014 | 916 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2008 9:29:00 AM More reviews by smarie22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this is a great foundation for ladies with drier skin. It goes on well and is very blendable. I like that weird jelly like consistency and the smell doesn't bother me at all (although I am not very sensitive to smell). I like the cool gel texture when I apply this with my MAC 187 brush. The coverage is very sheer. This doesn't really hide any red spots for me, but it does even out the texture of my skin. I stipple this on and then buff it in using circular motions. This was my first liquid foundation and I am happy with the results. My skin is on the drier side and I would recommend ladies with oilier skin steer clear of this product. I use a heavy creamy ss under this (but my skin handles this fine), and MAC MSF on top along with some concealer for spots. My chin does get a little shiny at the end of the day, but that is due more to my choice of products underneath rather than F&B itself. This hasn't broken me out (and I have annoyingly sensitive breakout prone skin) and settles in nicely. This is not quite an HG product yet, but I haven't tried enough other liquids to compare this to so that may change. I would like to try the MUFE HD foundation next...but I would still highly recommend this to ladies with dry skin.
UPDATE (3/30/09)** I still use this sometimes--I am on the same bottle I bought almost a year ago. This just doesn't hide ANYTHING on my skin. It's weird. But I don't even know if this would constitute as a foundation. I'll use it but it just doesn't provide any coverage--I don't need a TON of coverage, but this offers none as far as I can tell. Weird. I will eventually use it all, but will not likely purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2008 3:02:00 PM More reviews by panglem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't understand the hype about this either. I ordered it from sephora after seeing all the rave reviews on here, but was very disappointed. First of all it is next to impossible to get out, it is like a giant lugey crammed into a glass bottle. I was able to get it out well enough with a brush and applied it that way. It felt cool going on and smoothed in well, but it completely accentuated my pores like no makeup had done before and looked very fake. (I tried a couple different colors to make sure that it wasn't that). The next day I returned all the different shades I had purchased to test out to Sephora. This stuff made me realize how amazing my $8 bottle of Maybelline age rewind cream foundation is (which has a wonderful pump bottle). I just bought the Maybelline after seeing great reviews on here for it and was doubtful that it could show up MUFE's $38 foundation which had good reviews as well, but it completely blows MUFE out of the water (and mind you I NEVER have used drugstore brand foundation before this). Maybelline age rewind cream goes on light, looks natural, and at the same time I don't need concealor to hide redness/blemishes. Please go to CVS and try this before blowing your money on MUFE (you can always return it even after it is opened). It is the cheapest HG status product I have ever used.

8 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2008 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Talste

hmmm, I don't really understand the hype with this foundation, I own shades 2 & 20 for my NW20 skin tone, It blends in beautifully but is a bit to sheer for my liking (although it is build able)

This foundation didn't really have a "WOW" factor for me unlike MUFE's HD foundation (My HG). All in all it's ok, just nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by sbteinert

While this is not my HG I still love this MU! I am using it with the super matte powder.

I wanted to try it out after reading all the good reviews on this site and I am glad I did. So many people say the smell is bad but it really didn't bother me and I really like the texture it has, it makes it go on very smoothly.

The first day I wore it was the absolute best day to test it out. I was going to class, the wind was horrible, it was raining and I forgot my umbrella, the BF and I got into an argument that made me cry and through it all my makeup stayed intact and flawless! I have combination skin and even when I blotted this makeup stayed on.

It does have sheer coverage which I like because it gives a very natural look that is good for everyday. I am a college student and it makes my face look wonderful without looking like I've made myself up too much for class. It's like my natural skin only with a better complexion.

It is a tad expensive, especially witht the powder but I would absolutely recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2008 3:02:00 PM More reviews by vyuen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Edit (4/19/10): I want to follow up on this review after almost a year of using it. It is still my HG foundation! I have been using #20 for Winter and #32 for Summer. Now, they come in pumps!! I just purchased my brand new bottle and very happy to discover this is what they have started to do now for all their stocks. So, very soon all of them will come in pumps. Right now the shades that are stocked more in inventory come in with pumps! 5 lippies to F&B!!!!
********************************************************************

I have been given a very generous sample from my local department store a month ago. The make up artist (MUA) matched me with #20 ivory. I usually wear MAC NC20 to 25 select (NC20 in cooler seasons) and NC25 in Springs & Summers). The MUA also gave me another sample for their next shade #32 which was slightly more yellow and than #20 so I could try out both.

I LOVE this foundation. I have tried many in the past, both department and drug stores ones. Mostly either too white, too pink, too yellow, or too heavy, too matte or too sheer of a coverage. I do have a couple other cheaper options as back ups now since I found this foundation.
I have normal to slightly dry skin in Winters, so I am usually quite ok with most foundations without major breakouts.

I decided to swap for my first full size bottle and got a nice first swap with a MUA member. I got the #20 as the weather is cooling down here in Canada. I love this foundation because it applies like a liquid-gel (looks a bit lumpy when first poured out) and feels cooling to the skin. To overcome the lumpiness, I was told to shake the bottle first before use so the texture will mix back into liquid gel instead of lumpy.
It does have a rose water fragrant smell but it quickly disappears. I applied with a foundation brush and started off with one layer (gives a sheer coverage), then if needed, I would apply another layer. Two layers gives me medium coverage. I love this because it takes a minute to dry so I have time to blend into my skin (especially when I need 2 layers).

The price is not cheap (it costs me CAD $42 + tax) but the bottle is larger and full to the top. I only need a little bit each time for my 1 layer application. "Less is more" - the motto my MUA always told me.

I even wore it yesterday to go swimming in the pool. It never came off. All I need after I showered at the pool changing room was to apply a layer of powder over it. From there on, I was good to carry on the rest of my day! Amazing!
Lots of colour match for different skin tones. I have light warm asian skin and get fairer in Winters. Definitely a great Summer foundation and also works for me in Fall now. Remember to apply sunscreen lotion underneath before this foundation because this has no SPF.
Great Summer foundation with medium coverage. In Winter, I can still use this and just need to apply a richer sunscreen cream underneath.

Highly recommended. Will go to the store to buy my first retail bottle after I finish this swap bottle!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2008 11:57:00 AM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow! Ok let me wipe my tears, i finally have found my HG foundation after all this time. I had used it before but thought it made me to shiny in the t-zone area which i hate, so i quickly returned it to sephora w/o any hesitation. I got tired of using mac studio fix b/c it just gave me a very flat, dull yet matte appearance so that's probably why i have been using it so long but then my friend suggested i try liquid and that's where mufe f & b came in. So after i decided it made me too shiny i jumped to clinique's superfit foundation which claimed to have properties in it that whisk away oil and it did for a couple of weeks and then all of a sudden the color started looking to orange on me and it was very heavy compared to f & b and i do not by any means like the feel of heavy foundation, so back to sephora i went. So i repurchased the f & b and decided to give it one more go. I got # 18, perfect color match for me and wore it again the next day with my mac blot pressed powder. When i tell you how beautiful my skinned looked and how i didn't get shiny after a couple of hours, i knew something had to be up. Little did i know i got the f & b w/o the mineral oil ingredient in it, the last one i had contained mineral oil and that's exactly why i was looking like a grease monkey. Thank you mufe for taking out that one ingredient and now you have a customer for life, wipes tears and guess what i can cry b/c this foundation is water resistant! Loves it! I highly recommend it, No ashiness, just beautiful, healthy looking skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2008 11:03:00 AM More reviews by pupiq

This is superior to all other foundation i ever tried! Definately, the best i have used.
Usually, i was quite happy with drugstore foundations, probably because my skin doesn't look extremely bad, and i the foundation wasnt the most important makeup item for me. However, one day, i looked in photos, and decided that i need better/more expensive foundation,because Ithought that I have only one skin, so it deserves the best treatment i can provide. If you must to choose, then choose more expensive foundation than, for example, mascara (and I just love mascara, but that's another story)
This foundation, compared to all others, is really superb.
It has light, but fabulous coverage, gives skin healthy,silky appearance and sheen. It doesn't feel on the skin (which is really important to me), doesn't look too obvious! In addition, it stays put all day, however gets shiny on my oily skin.
I really hate the package and smell, still it's minor disadvantantages.
Doesn't transfer.
Looks just wonderful in photos, not obvious but flawless ( and i don't use concealer at all) ! Yay, now i like my photos :D
Definately will buy again and i'm looking forward to purchase anothe MUFE items.
EDIT: It broke me out on chin and jaw :( so i purchased another mufe foundation, which is even better than this and doesn't break me at all, HD foundation.
F and B is a really good foundation and u might like it, but you should test it out before purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2008 8:42:00 PM More reviews by aznreyna03

Used it and liked it. Switched to BE and came back to this. Now that I compared it to something else I love it. I will continue to buy until I have an itch to try another. =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 7:12:00 PM More reviews by karrieleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

WOW! this is an amazing foundation, the best i've tried so far. It's brought my search for my HG foundation to a screeching halt for the moment. The first MUFE foundation I tried was HD, and I ended up swapping it for this because on my oily skin HD just wouldn't hold up. The application was also tricky, it applied so dry and streaky even on well moisturized skin.

COLOR: I'm using #20 in this and it's an amazing match. I'm around a NC25 right now. I had been using 117 in HD but it was a tad too light for me. 118 would have been a better match.

TEXTURE: The texture is super weird, it looks like a thick gel but is in fact quite thin and watery, which makes it amazing to apply. Don't freak out if yours is lumpy, even with a lot of shaking it will still be a big blob. You do have to shake very well before use. It smooths on to the skin so nicely and never accentuates any dry spots or imperfections. It literally looks like i'm erasing pores with my sponge instead of putting on makeup. I like to apply it with a sponge dampened lightly with MAC Charged Waters, but it also works super well with the mac 187. It applies rather sheerly, but is buildable. I tend to need only one layer to conceal pores and minor redness. I haven't needed to use under eye concealer with this, but my circles are very faint. if you have even mild dark circles you will probably still need to use a concealer for under-eyes.

PACKAGING: This comes in an oddly shaped chunky bottle with a screw top. no pump which kind of makes sense, because it needs to be shaken so well every time. It is really difficult to get out just the right amount until you get some practice with it. I can't imagine a better way to package this though, so I didn't dock many point for that.

WEAR: This wears so incredibly well on my oily skin. I set with MAC Blot powder and the finish is just gorgeous. It doesn't suppress oil or anything but no foundation/primer/powder has ever really helped with that much. The finish and application are what make this HG for me, the long wear is just icing.

PRICE: at $38USD, it's not astronomically over-priced but it's not drugstore cheap either. it's also not drugstore quality. I think the price is rather reasonable for how it performs for me. plus I use very little each time. I poured out too much the first couple times till i got used to it, but now the usage is minimal.

OVERALL: This is an amazing foundation and I will buy more when I need it. I am super happy with this item, it was one of the best swap items i've gotten in a long time, it's HG!

UPDATE 2-12-09: i went through an entire bottle and ordered another. i STILL love this foundation. I'm really interested in also trying out the new MAC Studio Sculpt, but mostly from curiosity, i can't imagine i'll like much of anything better than this. I am still applying it the same way, with a lightly damp sponge, though on days where i need more coverage i dot some on with a foundation brush and blend on troublesome spots with my fingers, it's always flawless. I've realized it doesn't set well with MAC Loose Blot, but it's good with pressed. The BEST setting powder is PURE silica powder ( i use Pure Luxe brand but MUFE has their own only much more $$$ ) with MUFE F&B and pure silica powder i look literally airbrushed, straight out of a magazine and i never thought that could happen. BUY THIS FOUNDATION!

continued >>

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 11:39:00 PM More reviews by aline26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

this has quickly become my HG foundation... the coverage is great, it fills out my large pores nicely, and feels like i have absolutely nothing on, as opposed to other liquid foundations ive tried that feel like a a thick film on your face... even mineral makeup doesnt feel as light and airy on my face..

it has somewhat of a flowery scent that dissipates shortly after initial application (those of you familiar with guerlain highlighters/bronzers wont be phased by the scent at all)..

the color is very true to what you see in the bottle... when i was looking over the testers, the first color i picked out (no. 34) turned out to be the perfect one for me.. so far *knock on wood* i havent had any adverse reactions to it (ie: acne, drying, peeling, etc)... will update if i do run into any skin issues, but so far i am absolutely loving this foundation..

the only thing i would change about it would be the packaging... make the opening of the bottle a little smaller to make application with your fingers easier.. other than that it gets my seal of approval... im so pleased with it that i will definitely be checking out other MUFE face products