Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 12/14/2008 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay, the SA at Sephora gave me a HUGE sample of this, and I have worn it enough to form an opinion. First off, I don't like how the shades are oddly and randomly numbered, they should fix that, so people can make more sense of the color range. However, after looking at them in store, I tried samples of #32, and #1 (I'm NC25-30, 125/MUFE HD). The #1 is a perfect match, though, I could get away with #32. I have VERY oily skin, and this doesn't make me any oilier than any other foundation, it has a sorta dewy look to it, which I don't mind; just because my skin is oily doesnt mean I want my face to look bone dry and parched (Teint Idole Ultra!) With my Super Mat Loose powder on top I'm good to go, and yes, I get some shine, but it comes across as more of a healthy glow than a greasy crisco face (DuWop Revolotion!) It goes on my skin smoothly and blends in quite effortlessly, and I like that its buildable. It's just so versatile, it can be applied with a brush or fingers and still look good, and of course, it can be used on the body too. It also looks good in pictures, does not turn colors on me, and hasn't broken me out. I would have given it five lippies, but I had to deduct one just because it's not really compatible for oilier skintypes. Oh, and the packaging sucks, things could get messy if you're not careful. So while this is not quite the HG foundation for my severely oily skin (if such a thing exists), I really like it and plan to purchase. Oh, and I like that they took out the mineral oil. The ones one Sephora's website still have Mineral Oil listed in the ingridients, but I checked some of the boxes at my local Sephora store, and were all the new formula. Sorry this is so long, but I try to be really helpful when I do reviews :-)

on 12/14/2008 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Where has this been all of my life?? I had heard great things about this foundation but was a little hesitant to get it because I have really acne-prone skin and every foundation seems to break my skin out. I also could not find a long-lasting, fresh-finish liquid foundation out there (I had been using EL's DW and it looked like a white, clay mask on my face!). I finally decided to take the plunge and I am so glad I did. The Sephora SA suggested LORAC oil-free and I insisted that I wanted THIS foundation so I got the lightest shade--this MELTS into the skin--perfect shade and fantastic natural finish (not matte and not greasy). It stays put all day and just for a little added insurance I bought the MUFE fix spray for face to set my makeup--I am SO happy with this. Only cons: the weird consistency and the glass bottle--wish it were in a squeeze tube. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

on 12/11/2008 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I am a MAC nc40/42. Similar in complexion to Rihanna. I got this originally in #6 which was a drop too dark. I went back and was matched for #34. #34 is the perfect depth, but it wasn't warm enough. I went to a freestanding Makeup Forever store and the MA was incredibly nice about mixing the shade I bought at Sephora. She poured in a little #18 which she said added more olive tone. I do wish this had more shades, but considering they are willing to color match it makes sense. The finish is light, but buildable so if you want medium coverage you can get it. It's not oil controlling, but it's not super greasy either. All around I really like this foundation and will purchase again. It's the one foundation that hasn't made my skin flaky looking or suffocatingly heavy.

on 12/8/2008 8:40:00 AM

I have oily/combination/acne prone skin and always have troubles to find the right foundation that is long-lasting yet natural looking. This foundation is the only one that really lasts, doesn't go oxidation after long wearing, and doesn't cause any breakout for me. It's a liquid/gel base that you really need to shake and mix it well before each application, and it does have some sort of alcohol smell but it goes away soon and totally doesn't bother me. It feels so refreshingly cool when touch and it provides a building natural finish. My makeup artists for my wedding used the same thing. I'm glad that MUF has more shades now and this is about the only foundation that I've repurchased, so does the friend who recommended it to me.

on 12/3/2008 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Performance-wise, I can see why this foundations has its fan. My skin looked like itself, but better--- an elusive look for me.

However, I propose renaming this Cystic Acne For Ever F&B Foundation, as it clogged up my skin as nothing has before.

on 11/28/2008 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I wasn't really sure how I would like this stuff, but I must say it is quite nice! I tend to gravitate more towards fuller coverage formulas (and I don't really believe in layering), but this seems to have just enough coverage for days when my skin is in good shape and I just want a nice even skin tone and natural glow. It definitely has good staying power as well, but I have never tried it without loose powder over it. I also like the fact that finger application seems to be the best, because I hate fussing with sponges and brushes if I don't have to...it's a hassle and wastes too much of the product. This goes on very nicely with my fingers and blends effortlessly. And like others have said...it let's your own "skin" show through - very natural and pretty. I would recommend this!

on 11/12/2008 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this after my hairdresser told me it was the best thing to ever happen to makeup, and I am pretty glad I did. I snapped out of my BE Mineral makeup haze and decided to try liquid foundations for a more natural, less chalky look. I have really sensitive skin, so Sephora sold me on Lorac Breakthrough Performance at first, which was a total bust, don't buy that one. I then tried this and was amazed at the coverage. It is light but so natural looking. It does not settle into fine lines at all, and I have a few around my eyes. I no longer use concealer under my eyes because this does a better job. It is buildable coverage, so I think it would suit most needs. It even smells like flowers! I took one lippie off because I accidentally fell asleep in this makeup and woke up the next morning to a mild irritation all over my face, and my skin felt like leather. Gross. It was my fault, but I've never had that kind of reaction before.
UPDATE: This is not for sensitive skin, at all! After a couple of weeks the condition of my skin took a nosedive. My face was no longer soft, it felt like sandpaper, and I started to break out. No bueno. This one got returned.

on 11/8/2008 2:43:00 AM

Beautiful colors, lightweight, sheer but noticeable coverage, no break outs, not dehydrating, has a dewy finish that I absolutely ADORE. It doesn't even feel like a foundation, but more like a magic tinted moisturizer.. Applied with Quo sponge, makes my complexion naturally flawless like I have no foundation on... CRAZY. love it.

Wouldn't be suitable for people looking for maximum coverage or matte finish.

1 lippie off just for the inconvenient packaging (no pump.. large hole.. glass packaging...)

I'm fair-skinned asian with yellow undertones, freckles, acne-prone, somewhat sensitive skin and have rosacea.

on 11/6/2008 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I think this is a great foundation for ladies with drier skin. It goes on well and is very blendable. I like that weird jelly like consistency and the smell doesn't bother me at all (although I am not very sensitive to smell). I like the cool gel texture when I apply this with my MAC 187 brush. The coverage is very sheer. This doesn't really hide any red spots for me, but it does even out the texture of my skin. I stipple this on and then buff it in using circular motions. This was my first liquid foundation and I am happy with the results. My skin is on the drier side and I would recommend ladies with oilier skin steer clear of this product. I use a heavy creamy ss under this (but my skin handles this fine), and MAC MSF on top along with some concealer for spots. My chin does get a little shiny at the end of the day, but that is due more to my choice of products underneath rather than F&B itself. This hasn't broken me out (and I have annoyingly sensitive breakout prone skin) and settles in nicely. This is not quite an HG product yet, but I haven't tried enough other liquids to compare this to so that may change. I would like to try the MUFE HD foundation next...but I would still highly recommend this to ladies with dry skin.
UPDATE (3/30/09)** I still use this sometimes--I am on the same bottle I bought almost a year ago. This just doesn't hide ANYTHING on my skin. It's weird. But I don't even know if this would constitute as a foundation. I'll use it but it just doesn't provide any coverage--I don't need a TON of coverage, but this offers none as far as I can tell. Weird. I will eventually use it all, but will not likely purchase again.

on 11/1/2008 3:02:00 PM

I don't understand the hype about this either. I ordered it from sephora after seeing all the rave reviews on here, but was very disappointed. First of all it is next to impossible to get out, it is like a giant lugey crammed into a glass bottle. I was able to get it out well enough with a brush and applied it that way. It felt cool going on and smoothed in well, but it completely accentuated my pores like no makeup had done before and looked very fake. (I tried a couple different colors to make sure that it wasn't that). The next day I returned all the different shades I had purchased to test out to Sephora. This stuff made me realize how amazing my $8 bottle of Maybelline age rewind cream foundation is (which has a wonderful pump bottle). I just bought the Maybelline after seeing great reviews on here for it and was doubtful that it could show up MUFE's $38 foundation which had good reviews as well, but it completely blows MUFE out of the water (and mind you I NEVER have used drugstore brand foundation before this). Maybelline age rewind cream goes on light, looks natural, and at the same time I don't need concealor to hide redness/blemishes. Please go to CVS and try this before blowing your money on MUFE (you can always return it even after it is opened). It is the cheapest HG status product I have ever used.