November 23, 2014 | 1902 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2008 3:09:00 PM More reviews by MusicalAmanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great lip balm.
Conditions and adds a hint of natural color--like your lips are ACTUALLY that color! Not too glossy either, just a boost of moisure. THE perfect lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2008 4:57:00 PM More reviews by strawberryicepop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really do love this lip balm, it makes my lips so moisturized and leaves a nice tint <3. Plus it's easy to find and doesn't cost very much. I think this is the first time that I've used up a lipbalm...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by sandyxcandy

i HIGHLY recommend this product

i must say that i wasn't willing to buy another burts bees product after using the original one because it just dried out my lips but this product is the BEST THING EVER since vaseline!!!!

its so great, and does replenish your lips, gives your lips a nice color so you don't look so dead and overall its just great!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2008 6:40:00 PM More reviews by sherborg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a lip balm junkie due to chapping/peeling lips. I LOVE this balm and it feels more like a moisturizer than a balm. Not greasy like ointment, and not waxy at all. It goes on smooth and great under glosses. I happen to like the tint being fair skinned, and the scent goes away - but it is not overwhelming. Target has this in a 2 tube pack for greater savings as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 8:43:00 PM More reviews by chowchowface

In my opinion, this balm is more moisturizing than Burt's Bees regular lip balm. It has a slightly fruity scent that disappears once it's applied. It isn't as thick as the regular balm but when worn for a few hours it seems to moisturize more. Earlier today, I had fairly chapped lips and bought this as a quick fix. I was slightly worried about it's thinness but after a while, my lips seemed much more moisturized and less dry and flaky.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2008 7:25:00 PM More reviews by sunflower77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG lip balm. I also like Dr Hauschka's Lip Care stick. But that one costs $13.95. The Burt's Bees' Pomegranate Lip balm works just as well (maybe just a little less moisturzing), but it is so much cheaper. I can affort to use three of them at the same time: one in my car, one in my vanity desk at home, and one in my purse.

There is no artificial fragrance in the lip balm. The fruity smell actually comes from the fruit oil in its ingredients. And it is very subtle. The balm itself looks red, but it is actually colorless upon application. Since the ingredients are most natural, it does not irritate my sensitive lips. My lips cannot tolerate petroleum based lip care products such as chap stick and Khiel's lip balm. But they love this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2008 8:11:00 PM More reviews by hulagrrl83

i love this stuff! I used to be obsessed with chapstick moisture until i found this. i love that it is all natural. it leaves lips very soft, and its not waxy or sticky at all like some other products are. the scent flavor is ok- it's pomegranite and it's a little different. some people might not like it- i don't mind it though esp. since this is such an amazing product

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2008 10:11:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love most of BB's products but this one just doesn't do it for me. It is a dark red color - which sheerly shows up on my lips (don't quite like it with my skin tone). Also it has a sweet fruity scent with underlying medicinal (not menthol) notes that I also so not care for. It does moisturize very well and it keeps my lips smooth, I just cannot tolerate the taste and color of it. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by ArmyBrat

***This is actually a rating of 2.5 lippies***
I seen this lip balm in the store, and read that it contained the pomegranate oil and it being made by Burt's Bees, I thought it would be a wonderful lip treatment.
I took the cap off and the first thing I noticed was the scent...it is NOT your typical lip balm scent. It's a fruity scent mixed with a medicinal scent, which is NOT a good combination at all.
The balm felt really good when I applied it to my lips. It did not feel waxy or sticky, and it really quenched my dry lips in a nice way.
Sorry to say, the staying power of this gloss is not at all a long time, so i found myself having the same dry lips in no time after i applied it.
I really expected more from a BB product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

Love how this has "natural" ingredients and that it's a reddish color, but smells horrible!!! Also not very moisturizing. I love Chapstick Naturals.