December 19, 2014 | 1594 users online

Cleansers - Bioderma - Sensibio H2O (aka Crealine H20 Solution micellaire)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 1:57:00 PM More reviews by jennyferr

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great product, gets off my mascara/eye makeup, doesn't dry out my skin, no oily/filmy feel after. I can't ask for more! :) Highly recommended. Gentle along the lines of Cetaphil or Spectro Jel, but I find it cleans more effectively.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2008 7:54:00 AM More reviews by pilaras

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

buy again? yessssss, the only product that I repeat always.

my doctor derma recommended me. It's the best cleanser that I have try. Very effective with the durty, but very nice an gentle with a sensitive, dehidrated or dry skin.
It put me a very nice sensation.
For face and eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by roguechild

General description: Bioderma is the first independent laboratory in the French dermatological market. It has many different lines that target specific concerns of the skin. Crealine, or Sensibio (as the international version is known) is designed for sensitive skin. The Crealine micellar solution is the same as the Sensibio micellar solution.

Packaging: The solution is housed in a plain but functional flip top cap bottle. The label is in pink, which indicates that the line is for sensitive skin and the bottle itself is transparent. The cleanser comes in 250ml or 500ml bottles.

My skin: I have normal/dry skin that is somewhat sensitive and prone to flakes in winter. I also have clog-prone skin.

Comments: The method of use is to soak a cotton pad with the solution and wipe the face and to repeat until the cotton pad remains clean. This solution is only intended for the removal of water-soluble products and as such, sweat resistant sunscreens or makeup will not be thoroughly removed by this cleanser. Also, according to the instructions it is vital to dry the face after the cleansing process.

Having used this for about six months on and off I can safely say that I like this product. But there are also aspects of this solution that I dislike. I do not use this solution to remove my makeup or sunscreen because I use long-wearing resistant formulas that require an oil to remove. However, sometimes my oil cleanser (Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel) does not remove everything completely (sometimes makeup travels into areas like the hairline that I don't use the oil on). In order to ensure that my skin is completely clean, I use this cleanser as a second cleanse. The result is that I have clean, pH balanced skin that is ready for whatever serums and creams I choose to put on it. I find that this cleanser is excellent for this purpose.

This cleanser is also perfect in the morning, post-shower, as I am not particularly oily but still need to remove any residue of products from the night before. By just using this cleanser I can be certain that I am not over-stripping my skin.

I have also found this an excellent eye makeup remover, particularly for fixing any slight mistakes in the makeup as it doesn't leave an oily residue and all you have to do is gently wipe dry the area with a cotton swab before continuing with your makeup.

There are cons to this product though. I find it can be sometimes quite drying and in the winter I had to stop using this during the harshest days of wind and indoor heating. I also found that if I used this solely to remove makeup (no sunscreen), it would still take a lot of cottons to ensure that my face was clean. By then, my face would be raw from all the rubbing, even though I was using very gentle sweeps. (Some MUAers prefer to pour this solution into their hands and massage their face and wipe off with a cotton. I have tried this method and disliked it, but it may work for you!) It also caused me to break out, which I was not pleased about. I also think that this cleanser would not be able to draw out impurities from within the pores.

All in all, this is an ok cleanser. However, I am a little disappointed it did so badly when I used it only to remove my makeup. I think this cleanser may be better for those who have combination or oily skins that aren't prone to dryness, but if you use makeup that is long-lasting, then this is simply not going to cut it, and if not, you may have to end up using a lot of cotton pads to make sure your face is clean. I'm not entirely sure whether I will buy this product again. It has its uses, but nothing a good toner wouldn't provide.

Price: I paid 7.77 for a 500ml bottle from leguidesante.co.uk, who also does packs of 2 500ml bottles of the solution. continued >>

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2008 3:49:00 AM More reviews by angelxx

a hot item is working as 3 in 1 product, which is makeup remover, cleanser, toner and lotion..but after i used it, i felt really tight on my skin...not recommend for people with normal to dry skin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2008 7:37:00 AM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely my HG cleanser!

It is the only product that leaves my skin really clean, without that greasy feeling that most cleansers have.
Perfect for those nights when you come home from a night out and you are too tired to wash your face. The only downside is that it does not remove waterproof mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2008 4:55:00 PM More reviews by eady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is a very quick and convenient cleanser, which takes off all traces of makeup. however, I dont know if i would be happy to use it on a very frequent basis as I find it a little drying. this may not be a problem for others, as i do have fairly sensitive skin and have to be careful about the products I try. For removing eye makeup and mascara this solution is outstanding. well worth buying alone for this purpose only. it takes absolutely everything off with zero irritation and no residue. I buy this from paris-cosmetik.com. as they often have two for one offers and usually throw in loads of freebies/samples of similar products for you to try.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2008 6:33:00 AM More reviews by makoto4me

It is very cheap in Europe. But mark up so much in Asia. Very good..clean enough, btw, Where can I purchase Bioderma Product in USA? Online shop is ok.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2008 4:23:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product based on the reviews here and also the fact that many models seemed to swear by it. I have fairly sensitive akin after years of trying many different skincare products and am now finding it hard to find products that do not irritate it. This stuff made my skin extremely red and inflamed, which was surprising considering so many people said how wonderful it was! I had to chuck it in the bin, just didnt work for me unfortunately.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2008 3:23:00 PM More reviews by kendie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product. I use it after I cleanse on days that I wear foundation and it removes any leftover residue. Though many don't and the label says its unnecessary, I rinse after using. I'm uncomfortable leaving the "residue" on my skin. This does not dry out my skin, which is normal-dry. I haven't experienced any pore-clogging as a result of using this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Lalie

Skin type-DSNT---This is amazing for days that I don't feel like washing my face in the morning because my skin feels too dry and flakey. This winter my skin has been quite dry and easily irritated. Crealine H20 is the most gentle micellaire solution that I have ever used, yet effective. After trying Avene's which felt like sheer alcohol rubbed on my face, I was afraid to try another French micellaire solution even though it is a different brand. However, my fears proved wrong. There is no stinging, no irritation, and no redness involved when I use this micellaire solution. The closest thing that I can equate it too is magic water that removes makeup and sebum. I ordered it from frenchcosmeticsforless.com and they have excellent custumer service.