December 21, 2014 | 947 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 7:07:00 AM More reviews by TheHybred

This is one of my absolute favorite creams to use on my body. I think the metal tin packaging is really cute and vintagey. I love the classic Nivea smell. The product is a little greasy, which I value in a body moisturizer. My only complaint is that it is a little thick to apply all over my arms and legs because it can be difficult to spread.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by msCullen8685

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

there is alot of hype over this product, but i really don't see it. i bought this in the tube form because it is hard to carry the jar everywhere and unsanitary.
i think this ia a relatively hydrating cream - i use this for hands only though. i also find it sorta greasy, it takes a while to sink in, which i really don't like.
also, the smell is kinda weird, and not very nice...but i'm not overly bothered by it. also, the cream's texture is very....hard? that's how i'd describe it. like it is pretty hard to push out of the tube.
it is cheap so no big deal there.
however, i cringe at the thought of people using this on thier face! i am aware that cheap products can sometimes be the absolute best ones, but this cream seems very...crude. maybe for dry skin this is okay. but i shudder at the thought of letting this touch my combo skin.
if this is comparable to La Mer, i know never to blow hundreds of dollars on it.
this isn't amazing to me. it's just meh.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by kotsiros

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Despite all the hype i don't see this as a moisturizer, it delivers zero in that area.However it's a great barrier cream, if it's really cold outside i apply a tiny bit above my moisturizer and it seals it in,preventing the wind,cold,etc to work havoc on my skin.Nothing else.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Yay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

One of the best things I ever put on my face. I'm acne prone but this doesn't give me any kind of blemishes. It even balances my skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2009 7:41:00 AM More reviews by RhoneyRascal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product by accident as I thought it was another moisturizer that I had previously used but this was the best mistake I have made. Using a creme rather than a liquid is a lot better (and easier) for my skin. My face feels instantly more moisturized a silky and used with primer it provides the best base for my make up. The price of this product adds to how great I believe it is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wrote a review for this product a while ago but i must delete it (because there's no other way i'd make my 'discovery' seen) and write it again.

I love this product for the same reason everybody else does- it is amazing, moisturizes extremely well, it is thick so great for winter yet not too greasy for summers, i firmly believe it is going to prevent my skin from getting wrinkled at an older age, so on and so forth. I have been using only this on my face for at least 3 months now. I am extremely happy with it, especially after a facial, my skin feels plump, looks baby-pink and feels soft like silk. It doesn't make me break out despite having slightly oily skin and enlarged pores and i am going to purchase this forever and ever (not to mention the benefits i get by using this on my body- amazingly silky skin, no more dry legs and elbows, a fantastic scent).

Now here's my recent discovery. this cream works almost as good as a primer. I have started using my Laura Mercier oil-free primer and i am pretty happy with the results. However, even before purchasing the primer, i was amazed one day by the results- i forgot to apply my moisturizer (Nivea creme, ofc) 10 minutes before and i did it 2 minutes before applying my foundation. What the hell, i said, i was in a hurry due to an early morning class. Well, amazingly, my makeup lasted all day long, with significantly less oiliness than usually, and my skin felt moist even around the eyes.

I don't know how this happened given that this is a thick cream many ladies here don't even think of applying on their faces. I do it, but i never thought it was going to help with my foundation so much. I hope this little trick is going to benefit at least one other person as well..

that's all i have to say :)

Happy Shopping!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by coldblue

I just discovered the Nivea Creme and I absolutely love it. I love the consistency and texture of the moisturizer, I love the packaging and most importantly, I love how my skin looks. It is like La Mer but at a tiny fraction of the cost. It is just wonderful!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2009 7:14:00 AM More reviews by RedLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was excited to try this product based on the reviews on here and the cheap price, but it just didn't work for me. It is very thick and quite greasy, and has a very strong perfume smell which I didn't like. I don't like having to dig my fingers in to the tub either, especially because it is very thick. It would be better with a pump.
But, it was moisturising and my skin did feel very soft after using it.
I won't buy it again purely based on the thickness of it and the smell, but if you don't mind that then you should try it as it is a good moisturiser.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by mspung

OH HOW I LOVE niveA creme. I use it on my face as a moisturizer, to get rid of flakes, on my hands, on my LIPS, on dry patches on my body, on my boyfriend after he gets sunburnt, as an eye cream, on my cuticles, hmmm....with liquid foundation to lighten it and thats about all i can think of right now. I am prone to clogged pores, breakouts, sensitive now because of tazorac and i use this on my face at night (no spf). I have a bunch of tins, not the tub. It goes on, looks greasy, absorbs, and left with smooth/not greasy/soft/moisturized skin
smells fresh