August 27, 2014 | 915 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 8:49:00 PM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use both the US (Mexican made) and German version. I use this at night when I want a break from retinols and AHA's. I LOVE this on the eye area! It's very moisturizing without being too heavy (I'm normal-to-dry). I prefer the German version slightly - it has a nicer consistency, it's very smooth and spreads easily. If your skin tolerates mineral oil, glycerin and lanolin alcohol, then this is an excellent inexpensive moisturizer. Here are the ingredients for both:

German Nivea ingredients:

Aqua, paraffinum liquidum, cera microcristallina, glycerin, lanolin alcohol (eucerit), paraffin, panthenol, decyl oleate, octyldodecanol, aluminum stearates, citric acid, magnesium sulfate, magnesium stearate, parfum, limonene, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, linalool, citronellol, benzyl benzoate, cinnamyl alcohol.

American Nivea Ingredients:

water, mineral oil, petrolatum, glycerin, microcrystalline wax, lanolin alcohol, paraffin, panthenol, magnesium sulfate, decyl oleate, octyldodecanol, aluminium stearates, fragrance, citric acid, magnesium stearate, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by outlaw8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Thankfully, the one good grooming habit my old-country European mother DID teach me was to wash my face every night...as well as to use Nivea. I'd used this as my day/night cream since I was a teenager. And, being a late bloomer of both life and wallet, I didn't really get interested in extensive skin care until my mid-30's. I have heard screams of horror from friends years ago who saw me use Nivea - saying how in the world did I not break out, how bad it was supposed to be for my skin as they slathered on their $100 face creams and went to their personal dermatologists. Now, I do use and try out various mid to high end brands and love them dearly, but I'll always still go back to Nivea here and there, especially if I'm feeling really dry, which my Scandinavian skin often does, or if I'm running low on the dough. I always have big jar as backup in my cupboard. The other miracle cure that I discovered it is AMAZING for...? TATTOOS. I have double arm sleeves, and all of the gels/creams that different artists and shops recommended to use over the years have never worked great. So, I thought to give good ol' Nivea a try and you guessed it: it has been the only thing to help heal a freshly inked tattoo as well as keep it beautifully moisturized. Even in my late 30s now, my skin looks amazing which I'm sure is part genetics, part who knows what but...I will seriously always know that part of it is also due to using Nivea for 20+ years. Seriously.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by vmax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

A great staple. I usually buy it in the small tin and keep it in my purse. If using on your body...Rub Rub Rub or it creates the little white dots from too much moisture.....If you can find the real German quality it smells amazing and you can use it head to toe. Also if you have longer hair and it dries out at the ends..Rub a small small amount on it and it helps until you wash it next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 2:28:00 AM More reviews by departureofskies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok so I have the Mexican version but it still works well for me.
I live in New Mexico (aka the desert) and as a result, my skin is really dry (to the point where I get rashes from my skin being too dry). I bought this because a huge tub was only like $5 and I'm glad I did. It's super thick and a little hard to rub in but I put it on all over my body before bed so it doesn't matter. When I wake up my skin is soft and not flaky. I wouldn't put this on my face though... too thick. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by lovenoemie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG hand cream. I wash my hands about a dozen times a day and this is the only thing that keeps my hands and cuticles moisturized throughout the day. I usually buy this in the convenient little .99 cent tins sold at my local Rite Aid and keep one in my purse, my desk, my car, and next to my bed and vanity. This seems a little too greasy to use on the body and especially the face (unless you have super dry and flaking skin) and my skin is super oily so I haven't used it for that, but as a hand cream this stuff is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 3:56:00 AM More reviews by michaelaLUVpink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I looveee the packaging, it's so cute and dandy. It fits perfectly in my school bag/ or purse. I apply it to my face when it feels gross or dry. My mom uses it too, and she has very very verryy sensitive skin. It's good for all skin types! I love the smell too, mmm so clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2009 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Jenblossom32

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I applied a professional strength salisylic acid to my face and neck as a simple peel. It is 20% salisylic and helps with acne, scarring, anti aging, collagen building.. It really DEEP cleans the pores. After rinsing with water, my face burned, very much like like a sunburn feels. It hurt! I raced to find something to relieve my angry, skin. My tiny blue tin of Nivea cream from my night stand instantly came to mind, and I patted int into my tender, irritated, and now dry feeling skin. Guess what? Miracle of miracles.. near immediate relief from the burning. I Was hoping for relief, did not expect such drama from this dollar tin of creme. But Whoa.... !! My instincts served me well. Oh, and
P.S... I Googled that Nivea Creme has very much the same ingredients of La Mer $$$ rich peoples skin cream minus the seaweed serum. Also, magnesium sulfate is in the ingred., any input into what this does ?? Im curious. BTW..I'm using the Made in Mexico tin. Cannot afford the BMW brand. (Germany) Shizer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 7:51:00 AM More reviews by olga_thes

Good old Nivea is a great moisturizer...its smell takes me right back to my childhood and Giannitsa, the town where I lived. Even today I use it to moisturize my hands, body and feet and it works great! However, I have heard a lot of times people -here, in Greece- saying that although nivea is good for the body, it should not be used on face as it promotes facial hair growth. I do not know whether this is true or just a myth, but, to be honest, I'm afraid to use it on my face. However,I won't stop purchasing this product, it is one of my favorite beauty items!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 4:07:00 AM More reviews by les33cochons

i recently bought the small tin jar for a trip; i needed a heavy cream and for a buck, i figured it would be good enough. it definitely exceeded my expectations. it's heavy without being greasy. it leaves my skin soft immediately. i like the smell, which is floral and slightly powdery. i haven't used it on my face, but on my body it's amazing. also for sunburns it works really well too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Bubica70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I recently told my cosmetician that I put Nivea creme on my face at night and I distinctly heard an audible gasp. But listen and be convinced! Long ago, as a teenager, before the tyranny of anti-aging products took hold, I used Nivea creme as a day and night cream and loved it. I loved the sweet retro tin, I loved the smell, everything. Then I defected to higher end brands. That is, until this spring. I was in Holland and found myself out of night cream. All I could get my paws on at the time was a tube of Nivea...and today I am mystified and delighted to report excellent results. Coupled with my retinol-based day cream, it has vastly improved my skin. My only three caveats would be a) warm the cream in your hands before applying, b) buy the German version only (in Ontario, I score mine (a massive tin for $20 Canadian) at Denninger's Foods of the World) and c) wash your face in the a.m., as it is a thick cream and can clog pores. But what great results! Also good for lips! Heels! Hands! Irritated areas! How excited can I get? A darn good bang for the buck in this hardscrabble day and age.

EDIT: I spoke too soon and have tempted the Beauty Product Gods. I have developed Perioral Dermatitis, and my beloved Nivea has been relegated to elbow and heel duty. Oh, and do you know you can also use it to clean your handbags, in a pinch? I kid you not.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No