October 31, 2014 | 1173 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wrote a review for this product a while ago but i must delete it (because there's no other way i'd make my 'discovery' seen) and write it again.

I love this product for the same reason everybody else does- it is amazing, moisturizes extremely well, it is thick so great for winter yet not too greasy for summers, i firmly believe it is going to prevent my skin from getting wrinkled at an older age, so on and so forth. I have been using only this on my face for at least 3 months now. I am extremely happy with it, especially after a facial, my skin feels plump, looks baby-pink and feels soft like silk. It doesn't make me break out despite having slightly oily skin and enlarged pores and i am going to purchase this forever and ever (not to mention the benefits i get by using this on my body- amazingly silky skin, no more dry legs and elbows, a fantastic scent).

Now here's my recent discovery. this cream works almost as good as a primer. I have started using my Laura Mercier oil-free primer and i am pretty happy with the results. However, even before purchasing the primer, i was amazed one day by the results- i forgot to apply my moisturizer (Nivea creme, ofc) 10 minutes before and i did it 2 minutes before applying my foundation. What the hell, i said, i was in a hurry due to an early morning class. Well, amazingly, my makeup lasted all day long, with significantly less oiliness than usually, and my skin felt moist even around the eyes.

I don't know how this happened given that this is a thick cream many ladies here don't even think of applying on their faces. I do it, but i never thought it was going to help with my foundation so much. I hope this little trick is going to benefit at least one other person as well..

that's all i have to say :)

Happy Shopping!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by coldblue

I just discovered the Nivea Creme and I absolutely love it. I love the consistency and texture of the moisturizer, I love the packaging and most importantly, I love how my skin looks. It is like La Mer but at a tiny fraction of the cost. It is just wonderful!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2009 7:14:00 AM More reviews by RedLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was excited to try this product based on the reviews on here and the cheap price, but it just didn't work for me. It is very thick and quite greasy, and has a very strong perfume smell which I didn't like. I don't like having to dig my fingers in to the tub either, especially because it is very thick. It would be better with a pump.
But, it was moisturising and my skin did feel very soft after using it.
I won't buy it again purely based on the thickness of it and the smell, but if you don't mind that then you should try it as it is a good moisturiser.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by mspung

OH HOW I LOVE niveA creme. I use it on my face as a moisturizer, to get rid of flakes, on my hands, on my LIPS, on dry patches on my body, on my boyfriend after he gets sunburnt, as an eye cream, on my cuticles, hmmm....with liquid foundation to lighten it and thats about all i can think of right now. I am prone to clogged pores, breakouts, sensitive now because of tazorac and i use this on my face at night (no spf). I have a bunch of tins, not the tub. It goes on, looks greasy, absorbs, and left with smooth/not greasy/soft/moisturized skin
smells fresh

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by mspung

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by 8024debbie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow! What can I say? This is a classic beauty product. The fact that its been around so long is no surprise. Super moisturizing. Smells great. I put this on every night before I go to sleep. I find it's great for irritated skin too, like a rash or mosquito bites. It has a nice cooling sensation. Great for dry elbows and knees too. This and Queen Helene Mint Julipe Mask are my top beauty secrets.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 2:00:00 PM More reviews by njr86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I wonder why it took me so long to review this product! I guess because I always have it around. Nivea creme is the best for moisturizing my hands, feet, body, around the eyes, etc. I have little tins all over the house, in my car, in my bag, so I can use some whenever I get the chance. I think my face would explode if I rubbed this on it regularly though, LOL. I only do that in dire emergencies like if certain areas of my face are flaky&dry.

I dunno how people can hate the smell...I adore it. I don't think I would use Nivea as much if it didn't have that lovely smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

ohhhh how I LOVE this stuff...Unfortunately, I can't spread this on my oily, acne prone face because of its ingredients, but i do use this as a super cheap eye cream!! I bought the tiny cute tin for 99 cents at cvs one random day...i have used it in my eye area every night ever since, and can definitely say that the skin there is softer, smoother, and much more hydrated...this is even my favorite part of my nightime regimen!! i actually love sliding my finger across the cream in the tin and then spreading it around my eye area..the creme feels so nice and whipped, and the whole process is just aesthetically pleasing to me in terms of texture...ive also tried this on my hands several times and it makes them super soft!! i will definitely be investing in a big jar of this if and when my tin runs out...HG!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 6:41:00 AM More reviews by XxAwesomeActressxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is a pretty good staple product. useful for lots of things but its not my favourite. i don;t like the smell but some people cant even smell anything.
I don't use it everyday but i wouldn't want to be without it when i need it.
I'd buy it again but i stopped buying huge sizes, i just don't use them.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 1:37:00 AM More reviews by rallu

I used to LOVE this cream. Thick and rich and moisturizing...perfect. My grandmother was using this 20 years ago.It was made in Germany. Now....all i can find is the one made in Mexico which looks and smells the same but it never sinks in and is not as moisturizing as the original. I used to love it for my feet...apply a lot before bed, use cotton socks and in the morning were baby soft but now... i don't see any difference anymore. It DID help when i had a sunburn on my shoulders because it just "stayed" there.