October 25, 2014 | 1661 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2006 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Themightyaphrodite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I know there are thousands of women out there who adore this stuff but I am definetly not one of them! I don't know if it doesn't mix well with my skin chemistry or what but whenever I spray this one I just want to wash it off.
The smell of it reminds me of my mother...very potent kind of "in your face" fragrance of a too confident woman in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2006 7:47:00 AM More reviews by eky1

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hmmm, I tried this many a time but cannot doubt the fact that it smells so much better on my mother.
Plus the fact that my husband says I smell like his mother when I wear it kind of puts me off.
I do love the smell though, its light and understated and timeless.
Shame the mothers got there first.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2006 9:00:00 PM More reviews by lovepiink

Hmm, this scent is intereseting. I dont own the whole bottle, but I have a trail sample. Its Very light & crisp, and completely elegant & classic. However, I would not wear this perfume, not until my older years. I'd probably use this the time I turn 40.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2006 10:26:00 AM More reviews by beckibear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to dislike this, but would wear it anyway. Gradually I have come to like this very much and often receive compliments which is always nice. Truly a classic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2006 1:18:00 PM More reviews by rowenaaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous fragrance, that also holds memories for me. It was my mother's favorite "dressy" perfume. I sometimes just take the cap off my EDP to smell it and it conjures up thoughts of my mom.Having said that, this is a very strong, sexy fragrance that begs to be worn by an independent and confident woman. It smells like money to me! And it definitely makes a statement - leaving a gentle reminder of your aura behind after you have left. It was the first synthetic fragrance of its time - very modern and (at the time) shockingly bold. Good stuff! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2006 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Yogal28

I loved the scent! I only tried the sample not the full bottle. At first when i tried it at the store, i thought it was abit too strong for my liking....but after shopping around getting my cosmetic, i find that the fragrance blend in very well with my body chemistry, not too overpowering anymore, more soapy smell but of expensive brand i suppose haha but anyway, the reason i only get a small sample of it (the SA was nice enough to give me one as i linger quite awhile at the store just smelling Chanel No.5, perhaps to buzz me off hahaha!) and that i didn't get it is because it's too expensive for me as im still in school that time and now after working, i still didn't want to buy it....oh well, Chanel is just too high-ended for me!:P

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2006 6:09:00 PM More reviews by rljp

I completely understand the history and love affair that women have with this perfume. I also respect Ms. Chanel herself and her talent and contributions to fashion and art as we speak. Afterall it was the first synthetically made perfume on the market! Right there something isn't sitting too well in my stomach. I love her clothes, hate her fragrances. This scent I picture on an older mature woman. It smells funky to me and artificial. It never ever was appealing to me. I don't know quite what it is really. I would pick up a sample before purchasing the perfume.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2006 11:30:00 PM More reviews by honey71

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have the parfum, and it truly is classic and unlike any other, which was the designers' purpose. My fav from chanel is no. 19, and this one is second. it is sexy, comforting, and warm.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2006 7:47:00 PM More reviews by paigu

I like this fragrance, but would not wear it reguarly myself. My mom wore this often so I cannot help but associate this with her. I always thought it was a grownup, sophisticated smell, appropriate for formals or evening occasions. It is extremely potent; one drop on my sleeve caused my entire closet to smell of Chanel No. 5. But there is a good reason this perfume is such a classic.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2006 5:07:00 AM More reviews by snow_white_suicide

My grandmother wore this when i was little and i guess it has memory qualities for me. I suppose a bit like a very expensive Demeter fragrance! I like the way this smells on my clothes but not on my skin. Now, i'm an Angel fan and it works for me but this, although a more mature scent, i think it smells like marzipan. Try it, i didn't think so either until someone told me that i smelled like it. Either way, its a nice enopugh perfume but not something that i reach for that often.