November 28, 2014 | 2023 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2004 4:09:00 AM More reviews by KathrynnLouise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the colours as I have yellow toned skin and it blends very well. I also like the fact that it doesn't shift in the humid climate here in northern Queensland Australia. Yes the packaging sucks, but I use a cotton bud instead of upending the bottle . Would be happier if it came in a pump. But I will put up with this because the product looks great and doesn't seem to cause breakout.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2004 5:34:00 PM More reviews by danmama

I've been on the foundation hunt for some time now. I have T-zone adult acne (monthly) all packaged in a 36 year old wrapper. The dry areas get all flaky from the acne meds, and the acne area is only 70% tamed.
I just got this and I think it's okay. The jury is still out, but I'm hopeful. It doesn't feel too heavy and I just got a Lancome powder and a Mac blot powder to play with. I'm always interested in the comments here.

I returned the creme superbalanced from Clinique. It was gooey. It looked good but I just didn't like the idea of smearing it on my face. I apply the liquid with a brush and it is more palitable.

The packaging is very messy. I would love to see it in a pump!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2004 4:31:00 AM More reviews by msjene

I am simply amazed by this foundation. I used the highest end foundation (Cle de Peau, La Prairie Caviar) and everything else. I have oily skin that can get dehydrated rather quickly. This foundation gave me coverage without looking dry or cakey, didn't make me break out and lasted all day. Amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2004 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Ckrats

Finally, a great foundation that doesn't add more problem to my oiliness, without any harmful ingredients, easy to blend, great colour match (05 Bisque matches my light olive asian skin just great, can also use the 03 natural), the list just goes on. I have spent almost months to replace my superfit which altho a great foundation has some comedogenic ingrds in it. Tried from higher end (Prescriptives, Lancome, EL, Clinique, Trish McEvoy) to lower end (Revlon, Max Factor, Maybelinne). I can now finally say I am sticking to this and my search is over. Not to forget many thanks to those in MUA who recommended this product to me and all those who share their reviews here. If you haven't tried it, I suggest you do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2004 6:12:00 PM More reviews by aeresu

Have this in 03 Neutral and I wouldn't say this prevents acne but it does go on smoothly and provides very good light coverage whilst leaving a rather sheer finish. The only complaints I have are the packaging and the £8.99 pricetag.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2004 5:38:00 PM More reviews by wiredgoddess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, if you are on a budget, this is a steal. The foundation and a small sample of powder (.16oz/4.5g) are packaged together for less than $6. Plus, if you buy it at Target, you get a coupon for a dollar off any Almay product.

The foundation is packaged in an attractive bottle. I like how it fits in my hand. However, I found it tends to pour out too quickly for my liking. Also, I like to shake my foundation before using, and the excess liquid gathers in the cap, and then spills over the side and makes a mess.

I got this in Ivory. I have Asian skin that's on the oily side and is prone to blemishes. I haven't really noticed that it prevents or gets rid of acne. Overall it blends well. There are times when it doesn't look quite right, particularly on my nose. But I think maybe I didn't apply it properly on those days.

The powder that comes with it I think is overkill, because when I use it, I end up looking like a ghost.

Overall, it's a decent price for a product that isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2004 12:33:00 PM More reviews by ZepGirl85

I am very happy with this foundation. I have Naked 02 and feel it's a pretty good match for my medium-fair, warm toned skin...texture is nice, but if you want something super-sheer skip this foundation. The packaging is attractive, and I'm not bothered by the wide mouth of the bottle, but it sure gets messy!! Only drawback IMO.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2004 1:07:00 PM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

Meh, this foudation is not bad but it gives me a dull complexion and irritated my skin so for that I will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2004 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Mica

I've been using this for about a week, and I really like it so far. It covers very well, and it doesn't seem to be causing any breakouts. I like that it has salicylic acid, but it doesn't seem to really improve my skin. I get compliments when I wear it though, so that's good! I'd definitely recommend this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2004 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Jhereg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best foundation I have foudns o far. I have it in Sand 04 and it is a good match for my pale but olive skin, but goes on sheer enough that it's OK-plus I use Physician's Formula bronzer in Moonlight to set (I have never gotten compliments on my skin before and now I do all the time-what a cool feeling!). It may look a little dry on drier skin, but I like to put it on over moisturizer (for the SPF alone) anyway. After 1 month of use, It HAS cut down on blemishes and oliness. Dreis matter, stays put all day. I finally found my holy grail oh yeah - the other reviewers were right on - packaging sux.