December 17, 2014 | 1698 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Naked Lunch

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2004 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Lyssa2676

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I thought this shadow might be a little boring or too warm for my fair skin but it works great as a wash. I wear it alone with brown liner or I'll pair it with other shadows. One of my favorites is to wear it as a wash with Paradisco lightly in the crease. I think Naked Lunch was what I expected Phloof to be. I would definitely buy this again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2004 9:06:00 AM More reviews by ledonatella

A warm version of Phloof! e/s, pretty champagne-beige but a bit too light for me, I have to really layer it for it to show up and I'm light skinned (NC 20). Phloof isn't that pale on me, in fact it's one of my HG e/s. Would make a good base color but so will 9 million other shadows so it's really not that special.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2004 12:21:00 PM More reviews by nnmca

This is a great neutral wash shade, just right for my skintone (NC20) with just the right amount of shimmer/frost. I love Jest, but for days when I want something a bit less frosty and peachy, Naked Lunch is just perfect. It's what I wanted Phloof to be, but wasn't (it was almost invisible on my lids). I have no idea why, but I was able to get this at a CCO a couple of months after it was released, so it was dirt-cheap too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2004 6:04:00 AM More reviews by Katya94

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hate to be a dissenter here, but what the hell. Naked Lunch is so pretty in the pot--a light, shimmery, pinky-champagne. But when I actually put it on, it's not very spectacular. It's too light for me to use as a wash on my lids (I have medium-dark skin and Asian eyes, meaning that they're not very deep-set, so light colours make them pop out of my head), but it's not bad as a brow highlighter. I wouldn't buy it again though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2004 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Pehata

This is one of the best MAC purchases I've ever made. I went in to buy meadow eyeshadow and the mac artist there did a mini-make-over on my eyes, she used naked lunch on my lid with meadow in my crease and outer corner and also used meadow as a liner - my eyes looked fantastic. The mac artist also told me that you can wear this shade with EVERYTHING - and she was right - it looks great with ALL my shadows. I find this colours leans towards the pink on me - I don't see much of the peach tones in it. I first heared about naked lunch on the t.v. show cityline, where on one of the 'fashion friday' episodes, mac artists were explaining what colours are in for spring. I wan't that interested when I saw it on t.v., but after my mini-makeover at MAC - I fell in love.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2004 6:00:00 PM More reviews by irishgirl71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

NC20, LLL, Hazel Eyes>>I like Naked Lunch but wasn't as dazzled by it as I was with Phloof or Jest. Naked Lunch reminds me of Phloof but with a peachy/gold cast to it and also looks a bit like Jest as well. Great as a lid color and brow highlighter..However, if you have Jest or Phloof; you could skip this one without feeling like you are missing out on something.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2004 1:59:00 AM More reviews by frootloop75

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Naked Lunch!! The colour has been well described by other reviewers, but I might as well tell you what it looks like on me (GGG, NC35, black hair and dark brown eyes):-) It is truly a 'your eyelid but better' shade, the way you hope your eyelids would look if ever you happened to star in a makeup commercial where everything is airbrushed to within an inch of reality. It is a peachy, natural shade - and more flattering on my tanned skin than my usual shimmery champagnes. I see great things for this shadow - as a wash against the orb OTL, paired with MAC bronze, La Femme walnut.. and my beloved BB bronze shimmer gel liner!! As usual, I can't fault the MAC texture, it even felt softer than my chanel shadow.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2004 1:28:00 PM More reviews by DebraSD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another one bites the dust! It's been hit and miss with MAC shadows for me. I really liked the way this color looked on me. It looked like a beige/light pink on my lids, which was great for a base color. Here's the bad part. I have found that I am extemely sensitive/allergic? to MAC's frost and lustre formulas. Within two hours, my lids were itchy and very irritated. Attempted to use this 3 different times, with the same reaction each time. Sadly, this one will be returned, and no more frost or lustre's for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2004 4:38:00 PM More reviews by collegestudent18

Everyone has already described this glistening, very frosty flesh-colored nude. I really like it but it is too dark to go on my browbone as others have mentioned. Instead, I like it on my lid with Mulch or Satin Taupe in the crease and Phloof! on the browbone. I'm a warm LLL with green eyes and brown hair/blonde highlights. I think it's very sexy and looks great with a dark eyeliner and mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2004 3:19:00 PM More reviews by shoechic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

To me this is a very shimmery, pale golden peach. Unfortuneately it does not show up that well on me. It is a beautiful color with excellent staying power.