September 1, 2014 | 1883 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Naked Lunch

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2004 6:04:00 AM More reviews by Katya94

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hate to be a dissenter here, but what the hell. Naked Lunch is so pretty in the pot--a light, shimmery, pinky-champagne. But when I actually put it on, it's not very spectacular. It's too light for me to use as a wash on my lids (I have medium-dark skin and Asian eyes, meaning that they're not very deep-set, so light colours make them pop out of my head), but it's not bad as a brow highlighter. I wouldn't buy it again though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2004 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Pehata

This is one of the best MAC purchases I've ever made. I went in to buy meadow eyeshadow and the mac artist there did a mini-make-over on my eyes, she used naked lunch on my lid with meadow in my crease and outer corner and also used meadow as a liner - my eyes looked fantastic. The mac artist also told me that you can wear this shade with EVERYTHING - and she was right - it looks great with ALL my shadows. I find this colours leans towards the pink on me - I don't see much of the peach tones in it. I first heared about naked lunch on the t.v. show cityline, where on one of the 'fashion friday' episodes, mac artists were explaining what colours are in for spring. I wan't that interested when I saw it on t.v., but after my mini-makeover at MAC - I fell in love.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2004 6:00:00 PM More reviews by irishgirl71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

NC20, LLL, Hazel Eyes>>I like Naked Lunch but wasn't as dazzled by it as I was with Phloof or Jest. Naked Lunch reminds me of Phloof but with a peachy/gold cast to it and also looks a bit like Jest as well. Great as a lid color and brow highlighter..However, if you have Jest or Phloof; you could skip this one without feeling like you are missing out on something.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2004 1:59:00 AM More reviews by frootloop75

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Naked Lunch!! The colour has been well described by other reviewers, but I might as well tell you what it looks like on me (GGG, NC35, black hair and dark brown eyes):-) It is truly a 'your eyelid but better' shade, the way you hope your eyelids would look if ever you happened to star in a makeup commercial where everything is airbrushed to within an inch of reality. It is a peachy, natural shade - and more flattering on my tanned skin than my usual shimmery champagnes. I see great things for this shadow - as a wash against the orb OTL, paired with MAC bronze, La Femme walnut.. and my beloved BB bronze shimmer gel liner!! As usual, I can't fault the MAC texture, it even felt softer than my chanel shadow.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2004 1:28:00 PM More reviews by DebraSD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another one bites the dust! It's been hit and miss with MAC shadows for me. I really liked the way this color looked on me. It looked like a beige/light pink on my lids, which was great for a base color. Here's the bad part. I have found that I am extemely sensitive/allergic? to MAC's frost and lustre formulas. Within two hours, my lids were itchy and very irritated. Attempted to use this 3 different times, with the same reaction each time. Sadly, this one will be returned, and no more frost or lustre's for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2004 4:38:00 PM More reviews by collegestudent18

Everyone has already described this glistening, very frosty flesh-colored nude. I really like it but it is too dark to go on my browbone as others have mentioned. Instead, I like it on my lid with Mulch or Satin Taupe in the crease and Phloof! on the browbone. I'm a warm LLL with green eyes and brown hair/blonde highlights. I think it's very sexy and looks great with a dark eyeliner and mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2004 3:19:00 PM More reviews by shoechic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

To me this is a very shimmery, pale golden peach. Unfortuneately it does not show up that well on me. It is a beautiful color with excellent staying power.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2004 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett_Canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've held off with this product because I sway back and forth with it. I can't decide if I love it or hate it. I wish it was more of a brown undertone than a pink, but I guess this is okay. What it does for me is make a pale frosty swipe under my brow line that looks nice one day, then fake and cheezy another. Ho-hum, too bad because I LOVE the Hepcat. This is okay, but I may swap.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2004 11:27:00 AM More reviews by bmeh

After reading mixed reviews on this shadow I decided to take a look for myself when I was oot and was close to a Mac counter. This color is the gorgeous pink-peach-nude that I have been searching for for my PPP skin and green eyes. It makes me look wide awake! I cna see where it wouldn't show up on some skin tones but for extremely light or dark skin this shadow is perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2004 9:44:00 AM More reviews by aco4444

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is another MAC shadow that looks so pretty-and one way-in the pot, but then I put it on and it looks completely different on! It looks more mellow in the pot, but is a bit stark against my medium tone AfroAm skin. A little definitely goes a long way, Don't get me wrong, it's attractive, I think that the Frost shadows tend to be, but it tricky to use as a wash. I will probably end up highlighting with it more than anything else. But, pair this with Prunella for a great smokey eye!