April 19, 2014 | 1088 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Naked Lunch

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2004 4:38:00 PM More reviews by collegestudent18

Everyone has already described this glistening, very frosty flesh-colored nude. I really like it but it is too dark to go on my browbone as others have mentioned. Instead, I like it on my lid with Mulch or Satin Taupe in the crease and Phloof! on the browbone. I'm a warm LLL with green eyes and brown hair/blonde highlights. I think it's very sexy and looks great with a dark eyeliner and mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2004 3:19:00 PM More reviews by shoechic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

To me this is a very shimmery, pale golden peach. Unfortuneately it does not show up that well on me. It is a beautiful color with excellent staying power.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2004 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett_Canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've held off with this product because I sway back and forth with it. I can't decide if I love it or hate it. I wish it was more of a brown undertone than a pink, but I guess this is okay. What it does for me is make a pale frosty swipe under my brow line that looks nice one day, then fake and cheezy another. Ho-hum, too bad because I LOVE the Hepcat. This is okay, but I may swap.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2004 11:27:00 AM More reviews by bmeh

After reading mixed reviews on this shadow I decided to take a look for myself when I was oot and was close to a Mac counter. This color is the gorgeous pink-peach-nude that I have been searching for for my PPP skin and green eyes. It makes me look wide awake! I cna see where it wouldn't show up on some skin tones but for extremely light or dark skin this shadow is perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2004 9:44:00 AM More reviews by aco4444

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is another MAC shadow that looks so pretty-and one way-in the pot, but then I put it on and it looks completely different on! It looks more mellow in the pot, but is a bit stark against my medium tone AfroAm skin. A little definitely goes a long way, Don't get me wrong, it's attractive, I think that the Frost shadows tend to be, but it tricky to use as a wash. I will probably end up highlighting with it more than anything else. But, pair this with Prunella for a great smokey eye!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2004 5:00:00 PM More reviews by MacQueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A sexy nude light taupe super frosty color the Mac site describes it as a minimal pink with shimmer it's super gorgeous and was really the only shadow that caught my eye with the Hypnotique collection.

UPDATE: If you already own Jest then IMO you really don't need this e/s too they are much to similar, and jest tends to show up better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2004 11:43:00 AM More reviews by MYV12

I really do like this color, but it is not quite to a 5 status. It is a very neutral pink/skin toned color with very little shimmer. I have been wearing it over still life paint and it looks beautiful (and lasts forever). I have worn it with a plummy/burgundy shade in the crease, as well and more brown toned colors in the crease. I have even used it on my cheeks and this looks great also! (I am NC20) I would buy this again, because I have found myself reaching for it nearly every day since I have purchased it. It's a great everyday color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2004 4:14:00 PM More reviews by egyptianprincess

I love this eyeshadow! such a gorgeous, beigy pink kind of colour, with a nice frost, not too over the top. perfect for every day, but can also be glammed up for evenings out. Use it as a base for almost every eye look. love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2004 2:06:00 AM More reviews by elaina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I swear someone from MAC is reading MUA, because I've been posting for months about my desire for a slightly warm champagne eyeshadow tinged with pink--like my lids, only a bit more interesting. And that is exactly what Naked Lunch is! *cue Twilight Zone theme*. It shows up on my pale, warm-toned skin as a peachy-pink-champagne with golden frost. It's not over-the-top whitish, ashy frost, as was the case with me and Stila Kitten, Starlight, MAC Phloof, Shroom, and countless other supposedly neutral champagne shadows, but rather more of a "wet" golden sheen. Oh, and it shows up a lot better than my previous nude-pink-shimmer standby, NARS All About Eve.

I'd actually given up on MAC eyeshadows since I didn't like the chalky, hard-to-blend texture (I prefer Stila), but this actually melds with my skin quite nicely. Of course, it has that classic MAC problem of creasing and fading within a few hours, so I need to use a base, but for a colour this perfect, that is a-okay. I'm so glad this isn't LE, because I really do envision myself finishing at least one pot. Really. No, really.

Now, MAC, do you have anything in a seamless, natural, lightweight-yet-full-coverage, perfectly matching foundation? I know you're reading this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2004 4:37:00 PM More reviews by liquidhonesty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay, I haven't bought this yet, but I'm going to. This is a gorgeous colour. I like to wear neutral lid colours as colours that are too yellow look weird on my eyelids even though I'm quite pale. Anyhow, I love this colour. It is frosty, but somehow still subtle. I think this would look great with most shades.