December 20, 2014 | 1378 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2003 8:56:00 PM More reviews by dirtybirdie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was my first facial cleanser and it worked pretty well for me. The smell is intense, as is the menthol sensation, but again I used this for a long time since I was young and was used to it. I have combination, acne-prone skin, and was a good cleanser. Also very soothing for sunburn. An old-standby, though very rough ingredients. I'm trying new cleansers now.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2003 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Karinea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The smell, texture and feel of this cream are nice, soft and cool. However, it dries out the skin whitout cleasing it much. It feels like washing your face with bad moisturizer. I once asked my dermatologist if I could use Noxema when I ran out of spectro-jel, and she told me: "well, it basically doesn't do anything, might as well use a soap like dove..." I really like the smell, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2003 7:01:00 PM More reviews by ruWOOOzy

Okay... I have to say.. I love the smell of this. It is so refreshing. And I have to say, I liked the jar... it was just fun, I don't know. I realize that the somewhat strange "residual feeling" may take some getting used to, though, and I didn't like how I had to use a separate product to exfoliate, but the formula actually kept me pimple free for months (the summer months, too!!) which is great cuz being 15... my hormones tend to cause, among other things,. zits. But after a while, like all my other cleansers, it stopped working, dangit. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2003 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Denise73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I may be in a minority, but I have always loved the smell of this since I was a kid! I still use it once in a while. Very refreshing and tingly. Just don't get it near your eyes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2003 8:48:00 PM More reviews by ilovenoise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I totally love this stuff! I have used it for about 7 years and my skin looks awsome. Leaves a nice tingle and gets my skin nice and clean as well. I also found a lot of other great ways to use it..
On a sunburn, it works great to cool the skin and take the burning feeling away.
On a rash, it takes the itch away and sooths the skin.
Another bonus is that it's dirt cheap and works better then any dept. store product I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2003 8:58:00 AM More reviews by orangeblossom10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very oily sensitive skin that is prone to cystic acne and I have used this product of and on since I was a teenager (I am now in my very late 30s). I have found over the years that this stuff is great for removing all my makeup without irritating or breaking me out. However, I MUST use a real cleanser/soap afterwards. Basically, I use this as a makeup remover and always follow with a cleanser (I LOVE dessert essence thoroughly clean face wash with tea tree) in order to get my skin truly clean. I have tried to use it simply as a cleanser but it really doesn't CLEAN my very oily skin but it is fantastic as makeup remover and very affordable.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2003 3:31:00 AM More reviews by akumahime

Irritated my skin really badly. This was the first skincare line I tried [poor me]. This was one of those.. Throw out after first use type of product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2003 12:20:00 PM More reviews by JillieG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I admit it, I fell for the new ads in mags where the woman's skin is glowing. I bought some. I bought some more. While my skin has yet to glow like the ad (hmmmm, should I hold my breath hoping it will?), it does feel clean and smooth. It doesn't dry my face, and I love the smell/tingling. I use a soft face brush with this to get deep down clean. Less breakouts too!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2003 10:59:00 PM More reviews by IcyMimosa

OH I cannot believe I didn't try this earlier! I love it!! Love it! It does not irritate my skin though I don't think I have the toughest skin in the world. It cleans well, takes off light makeups, even most of the eye makeups as long as I don't wear mascara.. It does hurt a bit if you get it too close to the eyes, so a separate eye makeup remover is probably necessary. But overall it really cleans my pores and leaves my combo/dry skin very comfortable and not stripped at all. A lot of people comment on it does not rinse clean. I guess whether something rinses clean is really a comparsion to other products. I personally think it rinses very clean compare to other cream/lotion type of cleansers. I've used lotion type of cleansers from Decleor, Cellex-C, Oil of Olay, and I have to say Noxzema rinses clean and does NOT leave a film compare to all those above.
I've been using the product for 2 weeks and my pores have been clean and tight looking without a sign of being clogged (my pores do clug easily). It's only about $4, give it a try ^_^

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2003 8:35:00 PM More reviews by ballinbebe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

I hate the smell most of all. The harsh scent alone is enough not to make me bbuy it again. My face felt extremely greasy and unwashed using it.