Noxzema Original Skin Cream

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Stearic Acid , Linseed Oil , Soybean Oil , Fragrance , Ammonium Hydroxide , Camphor , Menthol , Eucalyptus Oil , Propylene Glycol , Gelatin , Calcium Hydroxide

on 1/15/2004 6:45:00 PM

I'm torn on this one... on one hand it has the fresh smell, sensation, and moisturizing properties. On the other hand it leaves my skin not-so-clean (proven after a swipe with some toner) and it also leaves a definite film. I like it for the winter when my skin tend to be dry. I'm not sure how healthy some of the ingredients are for skin though!? It's like my good, generic, love-my-menthol cleanser. Three lippies from me.

on 1/8/2004 6:07:00 PM

What a HORRIBLE product to be using anywhere let alone your face. Menthol and alcohol, ouch it hurts just thinking about this stuff. God help you if you get it in your eyes!! Never use anything with fragrances and irritating ingredients on your face, eventually you will be sorry. Try Oil of Olay foaming cleanser for Sensitive Skin, gentle no fragrance or dyes, perfumes etc.

on 1/8/2004 2:55:00 PM

This stuff was great when I was a kid (was my first cleanser), but doesn't work for me anymore. I agree with some other people - I love the smell!

on 12/31/2003 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This was my first facial cleanser and it worked pretty well for me. The smell is intense, as is the menthol sensation, but again I used this for a long time since I was young and was used to it. I have combination, acne-prone skin, and was a good cleanser. Also very soothing for sunburn. An old-standby, though very rough ingredients. I'm trying new cleansers now.

on 12/30/2003 11:23:00 AM

The smell, texture and feel of this cream are nice, soft and cool. However, it dries out the skin whitout cleasing it much. It feels like washing your face with bad moisturizer. I once asked my dermatologist if I could use Noxema when I ran out of spectro-jel, and she told me: "well, it basically doesn't do anything, might as well use a soap like dove..." I really like the smell, though.

on 11/29/2003 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Okay... I have to say.. I love the smell of this. It is so refreshing. And I have to say, I liked the jar... it was just fun, I don't know. I realize that the somewhat strange "residual feeling" may take some getting used to, though, and I didn't like how I had to use a separate product to exfoliate, but the formula actually kept me pimple free for months (the summer months, too!!) which is great cuz being 15... my hormones tend to cause, among other things,. zits. But after a while, like all my other cleansers, it stopped working, dangit. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

on 11/28/2003 10:04:00 PM

I may be in a minority, but I have always loved the smell of this since I was a kid! I still use it once in a while. Very refreshing and tingly. Just don't get it near your eyes!

on 11/24/2003 8:48:00 PM

I totally love this stuff! I have used it for about 7 years and my skin looks awsome. Leaves a nice tingle and gets my skin nice and clean as well. I also found a lot of other great ways to use it..
On a sunburn, it works great to cool the skin and take the burning feeling away.
On a rash, it takes the itch away and sooths the skin.
Another bonus is that it's dirt cheap and works better then any dept. store product I have tried.

I have very oily sensitive skin that is prone to cystic acne and I have used this product of and on since I was a teenager (I am now in my very late 30s). I have found over the years that this stuff is great for removing all my makeup without irritating or breaking me out. However, I MUST use a real cleanser/soap afterwards. Basically, I use this as a makeup remover and always follow with a cleanser (I LOVE dessert essence thoroughly clean face wash with tea tree) in order to get my skin truly clean. I have tried to use it simply as a cleanser but it really doesn't CLEAN my very oily skin but it is fantastic as makeup remover and very affordable.

on 10/24/2003 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Irritated my skin really badly. This was the first skincare line I tried [poor me]. This was one of those.. Throw out after first use type of product.