April 20, 2014 | 1690 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2008 8:29:00 PM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another overrated product. This cleanser did nothing for my skin and barely removed my eye makeup. It also left a light residue on my face that I removed with my regular cleanser. it doesn't foam like a liquid cleanser should and it felt icky on my skin. Cetaphil's cleanser did nothing for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by wmoyal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a complicated skin regimen because of my acne, tried lots of salicylic acid based washes...finally I tried this with my retin-A and duac which I had already been using for over 6 months with fair response, and suddenly my frequent break outs were gone! I really feel this product balanced out my skin and works wonders as part of an acne regimen. I found the other formulation to filmy, this one washes away nicely.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2008 8:11:00 PM More reviews by cnewby

I really like this product. However, because this cleanser is more gentle it doesn't seem to remove all the dirt and make-up. Before using cetaphil I always remove my make-up with a natural baby wipe (I love baby wipes, they work well, and they don't irritate my face). After washing my face I also use a good toner. Toner is a must. So with this combination I find cetaphil really effective. Over the past couple months I've tried to find another cleanser. Nothing that I have found works as well as cetaphil. I really would recommend this product for people with problem skin. Good luck!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2008 5:37:00 PM More reviews by smile521

The is a average product:
Cleansing power: 4 (sometime concealer will require a 2nd wash)
Drying: a bit
Smell: too strong for my liking, and not very pleasant

Overall, a okay product, but I probably will try something new when this run out. The smell is just too much, smell so fake and chemical like.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2008 3:53:00 PM More reviews by jlin0913

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i've finally found the cleanser that actually works well on my skin. it's been a journey. for the most part it does clear up my acne, however it does nothing for my scars i stll have some pimples here and there but im glad that it did improve the acne on my face. i don't think it works very well removing making up. my skin feels so clean after i wash it with this product tho. i love this!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2008 1:31:00 PM More reviews by jldruck333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I always use cetaphil, and by accident I picked up this one instead of the normal gentle skin cleanser. This totally wrecked my skin. I would not reccomend it for anyone with gentle skin. Because I usually have dry skin and this made it more dry. And it kind of stings and does not leave my face feeling soft like the original formula.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2008 11:10:00 PM More reviews by nothingreally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was going to update, but I've completely flip-flopped on this product and I kind of want to start this review from scratch. It is better than 90% of all other cleansers I've tried and it doesn't irritate my skin, but does not clean/remove makeup at all, leaves a weird film on my face, and breaks me out. Even when I did precleanse and removed all the makeup from my face it still broke me out. It doesn't cause major breakouts on the cystic level, but enough small pimples and in places I normally don't breakout, and they always come up whenever I try and give this a second chance. If I didn't have a great gentle cleanser now that doesn't break me out I would have thought these were normal annoying breakouts. I have no idea why, but for that reason I had to toss it. I do love how it doesn't irritate or dry out my skin, but its not worth the breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by jamieeimaj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My dermatologist recommended this product for my oily skin, so I went out a bought a big bottle. (Good thing it was on sale!) The first day or two went fine... but after that, my face was stinging like crazy all day. I thought it was something else I was using; I eventually was able to narrow it down to the Cetaphil. Even after stopping use for 2 weeks now, my skin is still super oily but flaky. Weird! I think it dried out my skin so much that it's flaky, but my skin is also over-compensating for lack of moisture by getting even more greasy! This just wasn't the right choice for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by alicea825

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really nice cleanser. It doesn't suds up too much and it leaves my skin feeling very clean and soft and not dryed out like other cleansers for oily skin. It also has a really nice scent. It doesn't remove all the eye make-up so I use a separate eye make-up remover for that, but overall it's a very good cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2008 12:06:00 PM More reviews by tammy000

Good, not breakouts, not too dry, not too oily. Very gentle and safe ingredients.
But not as good as my Shiseido white lucent cleanser.