Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

I was so troubled by ance at one point I need to see a professional dermatologist. They prescribe several skin care products for me and Cetaphil Normal to Oily Skin Cleanser is one of it.

It's very mild that it won't dry out your skin and at the same time keep you from shinny face.

on 2/24/2009 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I have used this stuff for a couple of years and I love it. It cleans fairly well and is very easy to use. I love the pump action, makes washing my face at night all the quicker. I wouldn't say that it deep cleans, but it does a thorough job of removing my makeup. Doesn't dry out my skin and leaves me feeling clean!

on 2/23/2009 8:26:00 AM

This is probably one of the most inexpensive cleansers but still gets the job done. I would usually use DHC deep cleansing oil to remove all my makeup since I don't trust a cleanser can remove makeup and get my face clean. However, DHC will always leave a bit of oily residue on my face. So this is the perfect cleanser to get rid of the residue without leaving my face dry. I have combination skin that is a little on the dry side. This cleanser never dries out my face but I will probably try the one for normal to dry skin in the future, since I like to try everything out. But this one will probably last me a while since the bottle is huge!

on 2/23/2009 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this on accident, I meant to get original Cetaphil. I decided to try it anyway. First impression was that it was too harsh for my sensitive skin, so I wasn't thrilled. However, this does remove makeup better than the original formula. I think it will be something I could use seasonally as well. This might prove to be a humid oily-season product. I will continue to use the original formula until then. This summer I will update.

This was a so-so product. Disadvantages: dried out my sensitive/oily/acne-prone skin, strong smell, doesn't remove makeup (but I always use an oil-based make-up remover anyway). Advantages: cheap, lasts a long time, a good, generic cleanser for those who don't have skin issues.

on 2/13/2009 8:40:00 AM

Well I made a mistake purchasing this - I meant to get the regular Cethaphil for my dry and now turning sensitive skin. Lesson learned- READ LABELS! This stuff immediately burned when I applied to my wet face. Stinging, irritating... I could not get it off fast enough. I thought Cethaphil was supposed to be gentle, but apparently not all of it is, for me anyway. Definitely taking it back since I had a reaction to it, but I also just hate the smell - too strong and yucky powder.

on 2/10/2009 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is pretty great. I do remember feeling a film the first time I used it--don't ask why--but I haven't had that problem since the first or second time I've tried it. It leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth, and moisturized without it being greasy. If you use it to remove make-up, though, you'll want to invest in a good toner to use a few times a week. It's also gentle enough to use twice a day without my skin developing a tolerance to it. Absolutely love it!

on 2/6/2009 4:30:00 PM

This stuff is pretty awesome. It really does what it says, and I have yet to have a problem with it. At first I didn't like it because it made my skin feel tight and dry, but then I realized if you use just a little dot (a little larger than a pea) and lukewarm water, that the dry, tight feel goes away. The stuff lathers up pretty well so you don't need a lot of it, which is probably why I had dry skin when I first started using it. It's great for removing makeup and oil, and it has helped me keep my really problem skin under control, I absolutely love it!

on 1/31/2009 4:11:00 AM

this left my skin really dry but it did feel clean after so thats a plus ill just stick to my regular face wash after i finish this bottle

on 1/30/2009 11:31:00 PM

it's okay.. i prefer the creamier cetaphil though. it's a huge container so it will take forever to use up. and once i do, im switching to something else. this can be a little drying on the face