December 20, 2014 | 1601 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2003 2:01:00 PM More reviews by chitner

I like this product. It really helps clear up existing acne. I only use it as a mask because if I use it more often my skin gets really dry. Also, when the label says "will cause redness" they weren't kidding. It burns and I turn red for about 10 min. but it quickly goes away. I'll suffer for a little while if it means my skin will clear up.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2003 9:59:00 PM More reviews by ImCanadian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product isn't really the best. I just bought it because I was looking for an intense cleanser and/or mask that could eliminate the pimples I usually get on my face (esp. forehead)and reduce oil on my t-zone. Sure, it cleaned up my face pretty well, but a few hours later, my face still felt pretty oily again on the t-zone. And didn't even help to visibly reduce pimples or treat them. Maybe benzoyl peroxide doesn't work for everybody.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2003 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Jennyfurry

I dig this multi-tasking cleanser/masque even though I can only use it as a cleanser. :-) It contains 3.5% benzoyl peroxide and some menthol which gives it a cooling sensation. I have sensitive skin and while it works great as a cleanser when I am breaking out, I'm not extremely fond of it as a mask. It is way to harsh and drying to leave on my sensitive skin for the recommended 5 minutes. Yowsers! But I must say, it is the most wonderfully smelling acne cleanser I've ever used! :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2003 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Lilo1013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i am currently on my second tube of this stuff and needless to say-i love it! i didnt realize that it contained BP for awhile but i guess thats why it works. be careful as it does bleach your shirts if you accidently get it on there. but besides that little dink, i rely on this stuff. i went a month without it, thinking nothing would change and boy was i wrong. i started breaking out and i went back to this. my skin is now healing and feeling soft as ever again! love love love this stuff!

Update 8/3/08: I still use this product and still love it. It is a little strong to use everyday for my sensitive skin but I use it about once a week as a mask. great stuff, hope they never discontinue it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2003 4:30:00 PM More reviews by gurlykisses0939

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hey! I used this product for almost 3 years! I realy liked it!- but out of the blue, I became allergice to benzyol peroxide!! (It made my face really itchy and pink and the skin above my eyes was swollen haha) BUt anyways, it worked really well for me before that! haha So, if you're not allergic to benzyol peroxide, go for it! It works great!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2003 12:45:00 PM More reviews by fatlaces

I had taken a trip to NY and the water and air had ruined my skin. I immediately had the worst acne. I've been known to have 2-3 pimples but this was EXTREME. It took me one week to show visible results. I LOVE IT :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2003 2:22:00 PM More reviews by MiaGator

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it. This is one of only a few cleanser purchases that I would repeat. The cleanser goes on as a thin clay, and you can lather it up and wash it off, leaving your skin clean and fresh (but not overly dry) or leave it on for five minutes as a mask. Nice light therapeutic scent. Good dual-purpose cleanser for oily skins. Smells medicated, so perhaps not great for sensitive skins. Dry skins - don't bother.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2003 12:23:00 AM More reviews by sweetcaroline

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this *free* at Target (the woman didn't scan it, who was I to argue?) and I really like it! The consistency is really creamy and spreadable and it has a nice tingling sensation. I use it about 3x a week and when I have a spot, I dab this on and leave it on overnight. It can be a bit drying, so use sparingly! Active ingredient is benzoyl peroxide 3.5%.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2003 12:10:00 AM More reviews by DMBdiva26

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I love the way it smells. Its a great cleanser and an even better mask. I highly reccomend it, especially for us ladies with oily skin!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2003 8:58:00 AM More reviews by MeditativeRose

For a drugstore product, I really liked this. I bought it during a time when my skin seemed really oily and I was noticing some clogging of my pores. I liked that this was a multi-purpose product that I could use for both cleanser and mask. When used as a cleanser, it was very nice, gentle and not too drying. When used as a mask, I found that my skin was clear, soft, and felt very clean. I liked this product, mostly because it didn't smell bad (like the pore refining products, ew), and because it was very convenient. It wasn't overly irritating to my very sensitive skin, which I really liked. I've now switched to an all-Dr. Hauschka regimen, but if I ran out of money and needed a good cleanser, this would probably be my choice.