Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 11/26/2007 11:09:00 PM

After years of searching for my HG cleanser and $$$ spent, I went back into my medicine cabinet and found this white bar of soap still in its box. I just love the smell of this soap and the way it makes my face feel so clean. I have been using this for a few months and still love it. I think this is the least expensive cleansing product I have purchased and the happiest I have been and my face is glowing! Try it.

on 11/20/2007 3:10:00 PM

Just keep coming back to this staple. This is one of the very few products that doesn't make my normal-combination skin freak out and go zitty. Smells good, feels good, and kills 2 birds with one stone as I can use it on both face and body. Yay!

Ladies,
after reading ur reviews on this Bar. I had to get it and WOW-wee.......I LOVE IT TOO <333333. Talk about an amazing feel like lotion in the shower and that magnificent scent..golly gracious...I Love it!!!!!! I went out and bought The Dove Exfoliating Body Wash along with the Dove Nutrieum Body Bar. That white Bar is heaven, I can indulge in that thing all day. At first my skin reacted to it since I always use Shower GELS and not Bars and now my skin is peachy fine. THANK YOU GIRLS FOR INTROUDUCING ME TO THIS BAR!!!!!!! YOU GUYS ROCK AND I LOVE YOU MUCH FOR IT :) I AM SERIOUSLY ONE HAPPY GIRLY, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! :) I will be re-purchasing this piece of heaven again!!

on 11/6/2007 2:24:00 PM

I've used this soap since I was a child. The scent is subtle but dinstinctive to Dove and it reminds me of my grandmother. I have very sensitive skin and this is truly the only soap I can use on my face and not have a reaction to. I've used various products in the past but run into the same problem with a reaction on my face from either fragrance or ingredients. Dove soap is moisturising enough to use as a shave soap if you run out of shave cream. I love this product and I'm now the third generation of women to use it in my family. Truly an economical staple beauty product. I would be lost if they ever stopped making it! My husband uses it as well cause he says the smell reminds him of me (kind of sweet in a way).

on 11/4/2007 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Its a soap and as far as soaps go its pretty moisturising. However nothing brilliant. But then i prefer showergels. It does have a really nice fresh scent and is good value for money

I have used many of Dove's products in recent years, especially their Nutrium bath bar. I have very sensitive, somewhat dry, very breakout prone skin, and it is difficult to find something to keep me blemish-free while not drying me out. I have used TONS of products, from Neutrogena to Dermalogica to ReVive and La Prairie, and still have not found one that creates that careful balance. After reading the reviews for this product that has literally been around forever, I was hopeful. Long story short, it dried my skin to a itchy, flaky pulp. The scent is great (very comforting) and it does a decent job on my body, but for the face, not such a good idea. Not sure if it made me break out even more or get rid of breakouts, but it definately did not keep the moisture in balance. Worth a shot, but not a 2nd chance :)

on 10/21/2007 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Years have gone by, lots of body washes, shower gels and other "moisturizing" bars have entered the market. But, in my opinion, none of them can compare to Dove Beauty Bar. It is second to none. While I would not think of using this on my face given I have oily facial skin that can be acne-prone, this stuff is exceptional and the moisture lasts all day long on me. And the fragarance should be bottled and sold! I am still puzzled & amazed that Dove will not use this scent in the lotions they have put on the market...Anyway, Dove Beauty Bar is an extremely affordable luxury in my opinion -- a spa in a box for less than a $1 per bar...

on 10/15/2007 6:08:00 PM

I had used lots of body washes and "nice smelling" products in the shower before. When going to a derm for acne he reccomend I try this. I didn't like it on my face, but I LOVE it as a body cleanser. I'm finding my skin to be more and more sensitive. This does a great job at cleaning, no breakouts on my back (only a couple if i ever had any), and moisturizes!!
I will continue to buy this and perhaps try the sensitive skin bar since i have a couple lying around as well!

on 10/14/2007 7:12:00 PM

Its pH7, so thats excellent for my ace. It cleans my face and body well. It can be dry for my skin sometimes, but then I just put on more moisturizers afterwards.

on 10/12/2007 7:02:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

My mom loves these. I buy them to put in with the Christmas, mothers day, or birthday gifts I buy for her. They have such a great smell, I can always smell the giftbags that I fix up for her when I walk near them. I only wish I could use the Dove bars, but even the sensitive skin ones can give me itchy skin so I have to stick to other mild brands of soap, so I will still buy them again, just for mom!