Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

My husband got me this as a gift. We both use the Burt's Bees baby oil and he wanted the travel size and this was part of the gift set. Although I am not one of the petroleum byproduct haters of MUA, I do like to go "natural" from time to time, and to be fair, I generally use another petroleum wonder on my cuticles, Dior's apricot cream. However, natural or not, I see no difference between this and the Dior, but this is obviously cheaper. I do love the smell and the little tin, and as the apricot cream is kinda goopy, this is what i use when I travel. However I subtract a lippie because when it is cold you cannot get any product out of the tin, whereas Dior's goopy petrolatum goodness just keeps on giving. The smell of this stuff is great.

on 7/1/2007 10:19:00 PM

Get Burt's Bees hand salve. It's the same thing and in a larger jar, just sold as for hands.

on 7/1/2007 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this! The smell is divine and it makes my nails stronger and my cuticles healthy! ♥

on 6/14/2007 6:32:00 PM

average product, wouldnt have purchased it if it wasnt in the starter pack i bought. it didnt go on nicely, so when u put more on, hands get greasy. however after a few more minutes, it is then fully absorbed. hands doesnt feel that soft aftwerwards and the days after.
i like the smell, very strongly of lemon sweets.
after using the sample size, i wouldnt repurchase as its rather expensive (4.99 for 17g)

on 6/11/2007 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

So I'm actually seeing results with this, but it's not an instant miracle product. It actually has made my cuticles softer and my nails stronger, but I think that for the full effect, you just have to keep using it and give it time. I will be repurchasing this since it's really cheap and lasts a super long time. It comes in convenient .60 oz tins, which I like better than sticks or tubes. As other reviewers have said, can become greasy, but it disappears fast. I completely disagree with Cottoncandyandlollipops, I find that it sinks in faster than any product, nails or not, that I've used before! Surprisingly it also has beeswax listed as the second ingredient too, which never does a thing for me, but in this case it's working! I love the smell too. It's EXACTLY like Lemon Starburst, and it is INTOXICATING.

This is an all natural product so it won't sink it as fast as the chemical creams do. You need to give it a few minutes so if you're not willing to wait go to the chemical products instead. This works great once it melts in and it smells amazing. My nails have strengthened from using this and my cuticles are moisturized and healthy :)!

on 6/6/2007 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Greasy and yucky. The cuticles definitely did not absorb it. Disappointed with the overall quality of the product but it did smell great like lemon drops. Don't even try it on your lips - it has a numbing, burning feeling. Yew!!!

on 6/5/2007 11:18:00 AM

I love this product. I bought this almost aa year ago and I still have the same tin can. A little bit goes a long way. I find this moisturizes my nail and cuticles and helps to prevent hangnails. I do find that if you use too much it can get greasy, but just a dab and you'll be set. There is a faint lemon scent that does not linger. Whenever this does run out I will purchase another.

on 6/4/2007 11:00:00 PM

This is an alright product. It smells delectable - like lemon custard - but that's the extent of its positive aspects. I'm not sure if I have an old jar, but it feels grainy as I rub my fingers over what I imagine should be a smooth and pliable surface. When applied, it doesn't sink into my skin/cuticles, but sits there in its greasy glory. I haven't seen a difference in my cuticles, but will continue to use this product out of hope that it will make some sort of positve change. I won't repurchase, and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

on 5/30/2007 1:41:00 PM

Natural ingredients, fresh citrus scent, that's good; Greasy, doesn't help cuticle too much, that's not so good. Definitely agree with the viewer below.

Popular Treatments