April 18, 2014 | 1761 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by mackenziehope

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Let me start by saying I HATE covergirl but I LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation!! It provides great coverage and stays from when I apply it (6 am) to when I wash it off (10 pm) and it does NOT leave my extremely oily skin looking even shiny. I set this with Rimmel Stay Matte (hg powder) and I am good to go for about 16/17 hours! Doesn't settle into fine lines either. Only two complaints are that it does oxidize but it doesn't turn me orange and it does slightly transfer. Totally worth the $10!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 5:37:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: nc27-30, warm yellow undertones, oily

Originally I picked up "nude beige" but found that the shade was too light and too pink for my skintone. I then picked up "medium beige" which I think would be perfect for nc30 yellow girls. It's a little bit too dark for me but I set my foundation with a lighter powder. Love the packaging; yay for pumps!! Formula is a bit thick. This foundation has a semi matte finish! I find that this could look really Cakey if you use too much so I usually mix in my garnier oil free bb cream to make it thinner. Lasts well for my skin throughout the day. Doesn't oxidize. Because this product has SPF in it, it is not photo friendly!! I don't find myself reaching for this all the time so I wouldn't repurchase.

Update: 5/1/13

The weather in Hawaii has been ridiculously hot... Scorching muggy heat which would make anyone automatically sweat once they step outside. This foundation does not work well with this weather. My makeup was literally DRIPPING down my face. Luckily I saw my face before I met up with my Friends. I use the same primers/powder/setting spray with revlon colorstay in this type of weather and that held up soooooo much better Compared to this foundation. Dropping rating from a 3 to 2.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by cpalencia87

I wanted a quick foundation for a everyday natural makeup kinda day. This definitely does the job. It is about medium coverage and gildes on smoothly. It does last a couple hours on my oily slick. Will probably buy again unless something else catches my eye.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by patricia257

Pros
-Great coverage (medium)
-Last long (oil control for once!)
-Feels really nice on skin
-SPF

Cons
-Color selection (limited, not great for yellow-tone like me)
-oxidizes.

If it didn't make my face look orange, i wouldve loved it...almost couldve been my HG foundation :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by GlamourGirl12

I use creamy natural and to me its fairly darker than i expected BUT overall it gives great coverage and i love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by CountryLovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I caved in and bought this foundation. Overall I like it. Pros: Great coverage, smooth consistency, light weight, no smell, PUMP!!! Controls oil really well. Cons: Colors suck. I wear Medium Beige. Upon application, it's a tad bit too light, nothing bronzer can't fix. But then it oxidizes and has an orange tint to it. It's not too noticeable but I don't like that. If you have dry spots, it clings bad to them. Not really that much of a problem for my oily skin. Great foundation. I plan on repurchasing in a different shade though. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Sroupas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The color shades were pretty poor.. I have olive skin and bought the shade "Soft Honey" it matched me perfectly but turned an orangey color thought the day :( Controlled my oily skin really well, and lasted throughout the day just like it promises- but, it cakes up VERY easily and made my skin look like crap. Won't buy again. I really wanted to like the product, but blah.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Marlene125

Coverage is is great you can compare to kat von d foundation. The cover girl feels more light weight then kat von d foundation. Which is good. The coverage last a good 10 hours after that it starts fading a little but still looks good. Definitely recommend this foundation non oily and goes great on your skin last for good amount of time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Ermahgerd! Move over, Revlon Colorstay. There's a new sheriff in town. Prior to Covergirl Outlast 3 in 1, Revlon CS was really the only full coverage drugstore foundation with some oil control. But it's tacky, sticky, thick, and paint-like. Didn't hold up well to oil as it promised.

Enter Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation. They could've given it a shorter name, but it's fabulous indeed. Don't know how true the Primer-Concealer-Foundation claim is, but I never use primers anyway. This has held up over 6 six hours on my face even better than my previous daily foundie, MUFE Mat Velvet+. Coverage is full enough to cover my dark red/almost purple acne scars, although I did need to build up a couple layers to REALLY get opaque coverage. This is not as opaque as Kat Von D Lock-It, which I think is a good thing as CG looks more natural. Finish is a smoother matte, similar to MUFE Mat Velvet. It's not the flat, paint-like matte of Estee Lauder Double Wear.

Cons? The color range. But I have yet to find a drugstore foundation brand with better color ranges and even most HE foundies fail to impress me. Haven't yet experienced oxidation as others have been noting. As with most drugstore foundies, CG lacks in the yellow undertones. Nude Beige has been discussed as being the yellowest, and it's for medium complexions. I am a neutral NC/NW25-30 and I went for Warm Beige. It's a neutral, yellow-leaning shade. Honestly, it's kinda dark. I think it's better suited for an NC35. I will probably go back and get the Nude Beige. But most of the shades are pink-based. Also, the finish is not as beautiful and airbrushed as my all-time HG Diorskin Airflash, but then again it's also like $50 less than Dior so what do I expect. Don't expect a radiant, brightening effect like Nars Sheer Glow. You rarely get that with any matte foundations. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Other than color, I think I may be onto a new Holy Grail for everyday foundies. I have only used it for one day, so I will update in a couple weeks if my opinion changes.

UPDATE 3/28/2013: This foundation is a record breaker in that it kept me from breaking oily shine in 6 hours - I get oily within 3 hours with most foundations. However, my opinions have gone down in regards to finish and color. I went back and got Nude Beige, which seems to be a better fit for NC30. It is the yellowest one I could find, but still has a faint grey-beige cast to it. Just a warning: this stuff goes on lighter and oxidizes darker. Also, the finish is very bland. I will continue to use for everyday wear, but not for special occasions. Stil great performance wise.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by McMillanB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It did last throughout the day. However, it made my skin look orange.