July 23, 2014 | 1345 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum Express

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Mystique93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually like this mascara, but it's not too good. I rated it 4/5 because I'm a sucker for big, glamorous lashes, even if they appear slightly fake. As man other have said, it's watery and slightly difficult to apply, but it does make the lashes huge. The spidery effect can actually be avoided.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

I bought this only because I was hearing about people, who loved this mascara and told that it makes your lashes look like false lashes. Hmm, well.. It is an amazing mascara, but not the best I have ever tried. I though it was doing a little more. Actually my favourite mascara is really similar to this one. The brush is almost the same, but a little bigger and yeah.. It feels softer in consistensy.

But overall a really nice mascara! Gives a lot of volume and hold your lashes curled.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by kinta80s

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This shall be now my HG mascara. It is clump-free, lengthening and thickening to all dramatic hypes. Ditching my fake lashes cuz this certainly looks the same.

The only complain that I have is that the waterproof version hasn't yet arrived in Finland. I was a little hesitant to buy the non-waterproof version, but I'm gonna use it up til summer :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by mirili

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara. It is sooo goood. It makes my lashes really long with just one coat and it separates them pretty well too. I had high expectations because of the rave reviews and i have to say it lived up to them.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by BeautifulConverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

So far I'm not impressed whatsoever. I'm the kind of girl who loves big yet subtle volume, not so much to the extent of looking like I'm wearing falsies. I was never the girl to follow the hype of Maybelline's mascaras, I liked them but they weren't ever HG material for me. The consistency of their mascaras are okay, but I find them to give me an effect of spider lashes. The brush it amazing: resembles a LOT like CG's Lashblast Volume (which I love- my HG for volume). But back to the product... meh. My lashes have a weird texture with this, not exactly soft but not crunchy either. My lashes look kind of spidery, sadly. The volume is okay and lengthens well. Now, this mascara smudges which I hate, especially because this product is HARD to remove. I'd think it would be a waterproof mascara! (yes, I checked I didn't purchase the waterproof version.) I like mascaras that remove easily. And another negative, this flakes a bit. I won't be that concerned but since this is a pain to remove, especially by just wiping the flakes away with my finger. I'll update but I'm sure I won't purchase. It was horrible, I just guess Maybelline mascars aren't for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by pln315

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a whim since I'm always up for trying a new mascara. It doesn't rival my HG, but overall I am pleased with it. It gives my lashes decent volume and I haven't had any problems with clumping. I will most likely purchase it again, especially since it's such a great bargain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Gives perfectly separated nice black lashes. I like it and am not disappointed at all. I like the wand, I like the fact that it is stiff and the actual brush doesn't wobble while applying because then you can really build the lashes or just have a thin coat depending on what you want to do with it. Washes away easily as well. Good product. Would recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I liked this stuff but unfortunately I am allergic to it just like some other maybelline products. It gives a lot of drama length and fullness holds a curl and if you use the brush right it doesn't clump.

Cute packaging and it has a spiky brush similar to lash blast. The effect reminds me of loreal million lashes but less clumpy.

Application was a bit messy bc it is a liquidy formula and a big brush but I didn't think removal was so difficult like other people said. The effect is kind of like a more dramatic colossal but different formula.

I was excited to find a new hg to replace my colossal which I like a lot but isn't as dramatic as I would want. But this irritates me so no win.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by lovesyndrome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I wasn't planning on trying this mascara, but my coworker was talking about getting this mascara and there was BOGO 50% at Rite Aid, so I figured I would pick it up. Lo and behold, it's kind of my new favorite mascara. The best quality of it is that it holds a curl so well. I never even used to care about a mascara holding a curl before, but I really see the difference it makes when I wear this mascara. Keeps my eyes looking nice and open for my whole work shift (10 hours), haven't had a problem with smudging, and lengthens and thickens well. No clumps. They just make my (skimpy Asian) lashes look nice. Even my coworker who is blessed with long gorgeous eyelashes asked me what mascara I was wearing, and she never asks me about my makeup! For reference, my other favorite mascara is Maybelline Full 'N Soft. Sometimes I use these two together.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

SKIP IT. There is too much wrong with this mascara to even bother trying it since there are so many great drugstore mascaras out there that will give much better results.

The look I go for is full and lifted. Lengthining is not as important to me because I wear glasses daily. I need something that is not overly smelly does not make my eye water or make my lashes super crunchy.

I like the shorter wand, I feel like it gives me more control. The problem is that the packaging is that ridiculous last-blast style tube where the handle of the wand is kind of thick and makes it harder to feel like you have a good grip. I guess it is just a personal preference, but I am not fond of the fat, wide tubes that are a trend now.

And the bristles didn't too much to separate my lashes. This is the third of fourth time I've tried one of the newer rubber/spiky type mascara wands and for volume and definition, I still say the old school big fluffly brushes work best.

The formula is really wet and takes a while to try. After 2 coats my lashes looked spidery. Didn't do anything for volume...it only made my eyelashes look blacker and a bit lifted. It smudges too.

I'll be generous and give this 2 lippies since there is no weird scent and it didn't make my eyes water or make my lashes stiff and crunchy. This will be tossed as soon as I get to the drugstore this weekend.