September 23, 2014 | 910 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum Express

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by boozer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When this first came out I heard so much about it and saw so many good reviews and I finally got it. I would just like to say that I already have long lashes and most mascaras tend to make them look too long or clumpy. When I saw that this just said "volume" in the title I was really hoping that's all it gave, and the results were amazing. I have never used a mascara like this and I love it all around, from the brush to the formula it works wonders with my lashes. Not clumpy at all, and doesn't add too much length making them look beautiful!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I haven't had much success with Maybelline mascaras as most of them (especially the volume ones) tend to have a scent that irritates my eyes.

I got this on sale at Superstore as I always love finding bargains and I'm always game to trying out new mascaras.

The brush reminds me of Cover Girl's Lash Blast and Lash Fusion. The formula seems to be the same too, from what I can recall of the CG mascaras.

I need to layer this mascara on top of another defining mascara with the help of a base coat in order to get the 'volume express'. (my lashes are very thin and short)
This isn't a mascara I would use if I'm in a hurry because of the work involved but if I take the time, the results aren't bad. I prefer Definicils and Chanel's Le Volume for those days when I want nice, long and lush lashes and I'm in a hurry.

This mascara can get clumpy if you're zealous in your application. The staying power is great. No smudges, smears of flakes after a full day.

I hope Maybelline doesn't discontinue this product as it's a nice fallback from the high end mascaras I like.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by aythereabigail

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I needed a new mascara and was indecisive between The Rocket and The MegaPlush. I went with the Rocket considering everyone else around me had the MegaPlush. I bought this with positive thoughts in mind, tried it on a liked it in the beginning but in all honestly, this mascara was from Clump City. It made my lashes voluminous at the roots but definitely not as much towards the ends of my lashes. The clumps were at the ends, combining many lashes together. A friend of mine borrowed my mascara and loved it, saying, "Oh, I love it. It doesn't leave me clumps or anything" but I guess it just depends on the person and how they apply it. I would say that it left my lashes at a great length with a beautiful dark, thickness.
Buy it again? Probably not.
Definitely going to try the MegaPlush when I finish this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Jazmixy

I didn't expect much when I bought it. I'm not a big fan of Maybelline, but this one suprised me! I love it how it makes my lashes extra black.The brush is thick and simple. It makes my lashes seem thicker and longer but still very natural. Give it a try, you won't be dissapointed!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by ashmiaka

i have tried both the waterproof and non-waterproof formula for this... and neither of them impressed me much. given the name of this mascara, i expected it to add at least some volume to my lashes.. but that wasn't the case at all for either versions. the non-waterproof version did add more volume than the wp version... but in a clumpy, spidery, unattractive sort of way that also weighed down previously curled lashes unevenly making them look haywire. the wp version held the curl decently... but provided no real volume, though it did do an acceptable job of separating my lashes. i did find some smudging after 5-6 hours but no flaking. both versions were easy enough to remove, but a pain to apply literally. the bristles on the brushes were pointy... and no matter how gently or carefully i tried to apply the mascara, the wand poked at my lash line. given the short of expectation results i got from this mascara, i found the pain to be totally unnecessary and unworthy.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Twirlybee

I really like the results of this mascara. I have fairly long lashes but i am always looking to darken amd volumize. One coat of this mascara creates a very pretty look that makes your eyes stand out. It clumps a little but no more or less than any other kind i have tried. My one gripe about this stuff is that it is VERY difficult to remove (and I didnt even get the waterproof kind). It doesnt even come off easily with an oil based eye makeup remover. So for that reason I will not be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Butterflywishx

LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara! I bought it 5 days ago and am in love with it. I have tried so many mascaras before and this is by far the best! there are two ways to apply it. For a natural clump-free look you need to apply lightly. For the more thick dark lashes move the wand from side-to-side while applying.
I'm quite funny about the smell of mascara. Sometimes mascara can have a horrible stench and its just... disgusting. this mascara doesn't have a 'scent' as such. it smells, yes, but its not strong or horrible so I don't mind it.
I will without a doubt be buying this again. Such a good mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Laurenglassx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS!
I watch beauty videos on youtube, and i'd seen so many gurus recommending this, soI had to try it. I was currently using the Lash Accelerator by Rimmel, which I also love, but as soon as I tried this, I was hooked. It was the last one left in all three of the Superdrugs in my town, showing how popular it was. I grabbed it, and couldn't believe it was down to only 5.99! It goes on so easily to my lashes. It seperates and adds volume, which is a massive plus. I am not a fan of large applicators, but I love this one. It also has such good staying powder. I went to bed one night without taking it off and it was still perfect in the morning, I looked like i'd just applied it! I highly recommend this!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by melissaem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hated the brush, if you get it too close to the roots of your eyelashes it hurts A LOT! :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by arlin7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great product. First few days, it is very watery so be careful when applying because it can clump your lashes. But do not get disappointed. After about a week, it gets a little more dry and then, it does WONDERS.
It curls lashes, adds volume and length. One of my absolute favorite mascaras. If you have fairly long or medium lashes - then you should try it.