Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

on 4/6/2013 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I purchased this mascara when I kept hearing beauty gurus raving about it, MacBarbie07 was probably raving the most! First off, I LOVE the packaging. So cute and the lid isn't flimsy or cheap. The product Itself? LOVE. I got this in Blackest Black or which ever is darkest, As I applied it I just felt it comb through my lashes and volumize as It was going on. Made my lashes so big and long! I definitely recommend this mascara for all girls looking for a volumizing, drugstore mascara. Got this at Target for about $8.

on 4/6/2013 9:06:00 PM

Tired of paying 22$ for my HG mascara (Mally Voluminizing)..tried this one. My lashes are short and sparse. This mascara relly does thicken and lengthen. My only issue is that it is difficult to remove. Bought some ALMAY eye make up remover and that works pretty well. Definitely love this mascara and will repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has become one of my all time favourite mascaras!!! The mascara wand has mini plastic bristles and act as if it is combing through your eyelashes when you apply it. I love the mascara formula because it does not clump up your lashes! I have very thin and normal lashes so this is great for ppl who have short lashes as well :)

on 4/6/2013 5:59:00 PM

This is one of my favourite go to mascaras for big thick lashes. Can get a bit clumpy when applied thickly but nothing that can't be fixed by a good lash brush. Really liking it for dramatic volume.

on 4/6/2013 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

After trying, I don't know, 800 mascaras throughout the years, I think I have finally found my match. I usually like a mascara the first few uses, will write a review about how much I like it, and then find out I'm a huge liar when I don't actually end up liking the mascara like the next day. So, before writing this review, I used this mascara in its full entirety, and I can confidently say that I love it and will be going out to buy another tube! It took me a while to get used to the brush. I have used Lash Blast before, and although this brush is similar, the bristles seem a tad bit stiffer, so I was poking my eye every single time I applied it, but I got used to it and no longer do that. I love the volume and length this gives my lashes. They look so big and almost fake, but if you're looking for a natural look, one coat will do it. I will say though that you have to consistently apply coats. One time, when I was applying, the phone rang and I went to answer it, came back, and was not able to do another coat because the one I was working on was pretty much dry already and did not want to build anymore. Also, it is really, really, difficult to get this stuff off. Not waterproof difficult, but to the point where you're confused as to why it is so hard to get off since it's not waterproof. I just use a makeup remover and it will eventually come off, it just takes longer than what I would prefer. Aside from those two things though, I think this is a really awesome mascara and I will continue to purchase it because I love the look it gives to my lashes!

on 4/5/2013 8:00:00 AM

After reading the above reviews I decided to give this one a try , I got it on sale at sears
I didn't care for the tube and your really don't get much for your money . It did hold a curl and gave my lashes volume , nothing special. It is very hard to remove and I spent so much time taking it off . I wouldn't repurchase again .

on 4/4/2013 10:59:00 AM

My former HG mascara was Covergirl LashBlast, but I swear over the last few months the formula has changed. Call me crazy, but it seems to be flakey and smudge a lot now. So I picked up The Rocket and was really impressed. It gives great volume and length, holds a curl well, and is jet black. Removal is a little difficult, but I find that using Dove soap and then a make-up remover wipe works just fine. I like to layer this over Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes and I get perfect, thick, long, and separated lashes that last all day long.

on 4/3/2013 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Pros

- no flaking
- no smudging
- holds curl

Cons

- no volume
- clumped

Comments: Well, at least it doesn't flake. I didn't notice any volume and it clumped easily. The formula isn't too wet or dry, which is nice. It just didn't provide me with the results it should've.

Will not repurchase.

on 4/2/2013 10:41:00 PM

I saw my sister using this product and I ABSOLUTELY loved what it did for her eyelashes! I bought myself one and I LOVED the volume. However, after the first use, I was greatly disappointed. In trying to remove the product, I removed quite a few of my lashes! I'm so disappointed :( It is a great concept, however, horrible for removal. My sister and myself stopped using this product after two applications. Greatly disappointed in Maybelline. Not investing money in this again.

I looovvve this mascara! I used to use high end brands of mascara but replacing them every couple of months was becoming costly! I have a problem with panda eyes so i am always shy about trying new mascaras. I had been previously using l'oreal 4d lash architech as i love loads of lashes and then on the bottom lashes i used Bourgeois volume clubbing mascara as this is a budge-proof formula that avoids any smudging i usually get underneath. A friend recommended rocket express to me and, yes, i am now totally converted! Its gives instant volume, length, no clumping, dries pretty fast and guess what? No smudges! I can even use it on bottom lashes so saves me using 2 mascaras! Its also easy to remove unlike volume clubbing mascara. If im going to be picky about this the only downside is the brush is quite thick so it is abit tricky to really get into the inner corners without poking yourself in the eye! But with holding the brush verticly, using the tip of the brush and a gentle 'wiggle' you can get the job done. This is a great product that does what it says and is good value for those on a budget:)

Video Reviews & Tutorials