April 21, 2014 | 934 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by jayluvsmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this. I bought the original and the 2 at the same time both of these palettes are unique in their own way. I love them both equally. I am a NC45 and all the colors are beautiful on my skin tone. They are so creamy and easy to blend. I can see myself using the Naked 2 more on an everyday basis since the shadows are not as shimmery as the original Naked. Both of these palettes will remain in my collection as long as they are being produced by Urban Decay. Love them. Totally worth the investment.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

Living in Australia, I don't get much access or information on Urban Decay products. I saw reviews for this palette about 2 weeks ago on MUA.com and I was like "What??When did this happen?". I get my makeup info and update from youtube guru's, but this was never mention anywhere.
Ok, so once I found out there was actually a NAKED2 Palette, I immediately started to hunt it down and get it to Australia. Soo sad, sold out everywhere....hehehe......except for Texas at the time of purchase :). 4 Annoying phone calls, 7 pestering text from an over dramatic drama queen, 7 days later it arrived right to my doorstep 5 days shy of Christmas...Thank you dear friend! I promise I wont bug you again...for now!
I knew from reviews and images online they had change the packaging, which is good. The brush was essential, and I actually do quiet like it. The gloss was something I can do without, I reckon it would be better if they replaced the gloss with a mini Primer Potion in Sin.
The colour selection in this palette is nothing random and still represents what a Naked palette is, but with more cooler tone shadows, unlike the first one which was more warm toned.
This palette actually comes with and amazing matte black shadow called Blackout(what else can it be called??) and 2 other matte shadows, which Naked didn't have, Naked only had 1 matte shadow.
A little disappointment was Half Baked, I love it, but once was enough, why does it need to be repeated in this Palette?
Pistol is an amazing colour, although in pictures I thought it was an ugly grey, but in person, it was just amazing, with what looks as though it's got a slight greenish/teal sheen to it.
I ended up paying $64.95USD including shipping for this palette. It's slightly more expensive then the last Naked Palette, I think that's because of the packaging and not the contents, because the Naked 1 actually had, double ended liner (or the later ones have a brush) and a Primer Potion. This has the same amount of shadows, a brush and a gloss, equivalent in value, if not even cheaper, but packaging is more sturdy.
Love it to death, will always buy if quality continues!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by kruz12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Amazing product! Every girl needs this palette! I have the first naked palette as well and used to use it every time I went out, but since I got this one, I've been hooked! Beautiful taupe/neutral colors! You can use it for every day wear as well as when you go out.

I love the lip gloss that came with it. It goes well with my skin tone. As for the good karma brush, I don't like it as much.

But amazing product in the end! Well worth the money/investment!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Prncs06

Absolutely love this palette. A couple of my co-workers also enjoy trying out new makeup, so I brought it in once I received it. As one of them said, it's the palette every professional woman should have. Yes, it has a lot of shimmer, but in very wearable colors. I also have the first naked palette, and find naked 2 to be much more wearable and practical. I love the color selection, particularly in love with verve and pistol. If you're going to purchase one or the other, I highly recommend naked 2.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2011 1:03:00 AM More reviews by mirapark

I was so, so excited to pick up my Urban Decay Naked2 palette at the mailroom today! I already have the first Naked palette, so I guess you could say I kind of gave in to the hype. It came with a pretty lip gloss in the color Naked and a double-sided brush that feels synthetic and stiff, almost like a concealer brush more than an eyeshadow or a blending brush.

Personally, I like that this palette has a matte ivory color which reminds me of the Vanilla eyeshadow I usually use from M.A.C., it would make a nice highlight under the eyebrows without looking like you have too much shimmer on your face when you do your full eye make-up. I've heard that there were a lot more matte colors for the Naked2 but I only really see three (Foxy, Tease, & Blackout)... so that was slightly disappointing :(

The texture of the other eyeshadows are also very similar to the first palette, most with a velvety shimmer finish and few with pieces of fine glitter. I think that the Naked2 palette definitely does have more cool toned eyeshadows as opposed to the first one which features a lot of warmer, peachy toned colors like many other Youtube reviews have mentioned before.

Overall, I think the Naked2 palette will come in more handy for me because it has less of the eyeshadows with those tiny glitter specks (I don't like to deal with the glitter fall out on my cheeks from colors like Sidecar, Creep, and Chopper). The case also feels more travel-ready because the tin box closes securely compared to the flimsy magnetic flap the original Naked palette packaging. I'll definitely be switching out the dual ended brush from Naked2 with the dual ended eyeliner my Naked palette came with because you can never forget about eyeliners!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I knew immediately that I would like and use this one more than the first. I have a yellow undertone in my body but my face tends to pull pink and yellow so I find that I have trouble wearing certain eyeshadows. I stay away from most pinks, oranges, reds, etc. I was thinking that this would not work on me, but the original Naked palette did not get a whole lot of use from me because it was too warm, although I loved the darker colors in it. So far my favorites are suspect, pistol and busted. I love love the fact that there is a matte highlight color and a matte black. I do not care for the brush and only use the fluffier side to help blend out colors. The shader brush side does not pick up or pack enough color for my liking. And the lipgloss is actually quite nice. I am not a lip junkie and end up wiping any gloss off my lips within minutes but I like the color and feel of it. It is not highly pigmented, but has a nice sheen and moderate stickiness. Overall I love the shadows, most of them are even more pigmented than the first, there a few that are a little chalky, but I highly recommend it. I do not have any dupes for the shadows in it, and I have quite a bit of neutral colors, so that says a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by cathycarmen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i am really enjoying this palette! just last month i got the original naked palette from UD and i was blown away. i was never an "eyeshadow person" until i got it. just 2 weeks after i got an email about the new naked 2 palette and i'm not going to lie, i was a little disappointed because i had just purchased the other one! boy was i wrong! these palettes go together so well. the duo brush is great. verve, pistol and suspect are my favorites so far. i even like the lipgloss it came with... its perfect for the season.. smells just like christmas! it is natural, not slippery like most lipglosses and long-lasting... i will definitely buy a regular size when it runs out. the packaging of the naked 2 seems durable too. i dropped it on the floor by mistake the 2nd day i got it and cringed. thankfully none shattered! i will say the original UD primer potion really helps with application and creasing. i was hesitant to purchase b/c i thought it was a waste a money but its really made a difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by MelanieNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This may become one of my all time favorite collections. I've used only this palette everyday last week and each day, created 5 different beautiful color combinations/looks. I think what sets this apart from the original NAKED is that there are actually several amazing choices for lid colors (YDK, Chopper, Suspect, Verve, etc) which, in my opinion, makes all the difference for the success of a palette. When I used the original, I always had to bring in another e/s to use for packing on my lid because, while Sidecar was a beautiful color, for daytime it was just too glittery. The only color I really liked for my lids was Toasted but that was kind of boring to be limited to every day. I really never used the original NAKED that much for this reason.
These color combinations make this a great work morning palette as well as a travel palette. I also love the crease side of the brush (the shader part is just ok for packing color on the lid but I like it for precise outer V work if you turn it on its side).

(FYI- I used Nars Primer and NYX Yogurt as a base for all looks)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So. When the first Naked palette came along I had a 6 month long obsession with it before I finally purchased it and since then I've used it a grand total of three times. When this one came out, I felt the same spark and I decided to take the plunge on the first release, hoping beyond hope for better results. It was worth the leap of faith. There are only two colors in the palette that I'm not crazy about (Half Baked & Chopper), the rest are absolutely gorgeous and, most importantly, not too warm for my cool toned skin. The packaging is SUCH a major improvement over the first palette. It's sturdy, has some heft to it, doesn't feel like it's going to fall apart and won't get as filthy as the original. I'm not a fan of the brush that came with it, but that's a minor letdown as the shadows are really superb. I feel like the combination of the two palettes really gives me every neutral shade I need to last me forever (I'm not really into matte eyeshadow). This palette, for me, blows the first one out of the water and I will be getting a lot of use out of it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

All i gotta say it's a GREAT neutral palette the colors on here are great...but half baked was really NOT necessary AGAIN!