October 26, 2014 | 848 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by sartay

Naked 2 is beautiful! I own (and LOVE) the original Naked, and the second palette does not disappoint in comparison. I purchased the original Naked in the spring last year, and used it literally every single day for the entire summer (as a side note, I have hit pan on only Naked and Buck, which I used nearly everyday to blend out my "work eye"). Come this fall, I noticed that I was reaching for it less and less. I hadn't quite put my finger on why, until I got Naked 2. I am one of those people who goes from fairly tan (NC35ish) to PALE (NC20-15) over the course of a year. In the summer with some color, the original Naked is wonderful, but with my winter pale-ness it just did not look right. Enter Naked 2, which has the same buttery, appropriately shimmery shadows in much more neutral to cool shades, and I am in heaven. Maybe I am just justifying the purchase of both to myself, but I really think that they compliment each other seasonally for me, and it is worth it for me to have both becuase they are literally the only shadows I use. Now, you probably don't NEED both, but remember, these palettes are excellent value for money (essentially you get 12 full sized shadows, which are normally $17 each, for $4.16 a piece, if you don't factor in the brush and gloss). I think its worth having both!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by thefallofnadia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

The casing is awesome but a little weird when closing,
AMAZING EYESHADOW. I think this is a perfect palette and better than naked 1. Every shadow is pigmented, worth the 50 dollars!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Maite5468

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT! Have the original, and this one is just as beautiful! They totally complement each other and I'm having so much fun creating different looks!!!! LOOOOOVE IT!! I like the packaging better than the original, and I think there are some seriously gorgeous colors that the first one doesn't have! Got it for my BFF for xmas and she loves it too, best present everrrrr (or at least I think it was lol)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by LadyBugGrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't think it was possible to love a palette more than my original Naked palette but I do! Naked 2 colors work so much better with my fair skin :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 8:10:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have and love the original Naked palette. When that came out, there were a lot of reviews crying "hype, hype, hype", which, to be honest, seems awfully insulting to people who researched and purchased it and then used and loved it because it is an EXCELLENT palette. If there was a lot of "hype" or talk about it, it's because it was deserved - a great assortment of neutral shadows at a great price and in excellent, streamlined packaging. If there hadn't been the quality to back up the "hype", the reviews here would have shown it over time. We women are not stupid! The same applies to the new Naked2 palette - if there is a lot of "hype" (meaning reviews, praise, interest), it's for a reason.

Several people told me I didn't really "need" Naked2 since I have a LOT of neutral shadows and since I had Naked1 and "they're really not very different". Well, I just got Naked2 the other day (it was released later here in Canada) and I can tell you that, as good as 1 is, 2 is even better, especially for cool-toned women like me. Some of the photos at the top of this page are a bit misleading (I'm sure because of the vagaries of lighting) but the colours in 1 and 2 are not as alike as some of the photos would indicate. I got this palette because I absolutely LOVE Suspect (which isn't available on its own) and loved the look of Snakebite and Pistol and these 3 shadows DO NOT DISAPPOINT. I am surprised by how much I like Booty Call and Busted and so many of the other shadows. While black eyeshadow isn't really "my thing" (and I've got Mac's Typographic, which is about as dark as I like to go), I am sure I can use Blackout to darken an outer V or smudged on top of black pencil liner. All the shades in this palette are just wonderfully wearable and all work together really well to create a wide range of eye looks. I've never had a UD lipgloss before but I really like the one that comes with this palette and the double ended brush is much better than brushes that usually come with eyeshadows, even high end shadows. So all in all, this is a great value and a great product and will be perfect for me for travelling. Even for a long trip, you really don't need anything else by way of shadows unless you really go for brights. Just toss in a liner or 2, some mascara and you've everything you need to do your eyes for a month without getting bored! This palette is worthy of its high rating and deserves whatever "hype" it has been getting.

20 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by boourns

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Never enough brown eyeshadow! In spite of feeling like I didn't really need this palette, owning to the fact that I already have the original, I went ahead and picked it up as soon as it became available at my local SDM. I actually quite like the brush they've included. Mine is soft and both sides perform their intended functions well. I'm glad they didn't include another mini of primer potion (as usual); I think UD has caught on to the fact that a lot of collectors buy their palettes, and we don't need eleventy-billion tiny bottles of primer potion. The tiny lipgloss freebie is a nice value-added. As for the colours, it's a nice range of neutrals (duh). The texture of them is everything I've come to expect from Urban Decay. Very, very nice palette.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by LSButtercup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thinks this one compliments the original version, I would combine my favourite colors on both and make my perfect neutral palette, but overall they're both very wearable and versatile.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 2:47:00 AM More reviews by specialk10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My HG palette. I have used it everyday since I got it. Great pigmentation, silky finish, great selection of shades. My favorites are verve and pistol.
Absolute repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by marimic1

Absolutly DEVINE. My favourite palette ever purchased. This palette suits its name much better than the first one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by JessyPawelski

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the HG of everyday eye shadow pallets. I can create the perfect blends for every day casual wear, classy smokey eyes, or diva'd up for a night on the town. I love it! At first I was nervous about so many of the "shimmery" shades, because i'm more of a matte girl, BUT the shimmer is more highlighting than shimmery. Its perfect. The eye shadow is highly pigmented and very easy to blend. Now I want the first Naked pallet.