Maybelline One by One Volum' Express [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Acacia Senegal Gum, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Peg/Ppg-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Phenethyl Alcohol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil. Simethicone, Disodium Edta, Polyquaternium-10, Saccharum, Officinarum Extract/Sugar Cane Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panthenol, Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract/ Lemon Peel Extract, Pyrus Malus Extract, Camellia Sinensis Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract [+/- May Contains: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77891/Titanium Oxides, Mica, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77510/ Ferric Ferrocyanide] F.I.L. D43811/1

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

After having bad experiences with other maybelline products, I was surprised at this mascara. I love how clean it goes on and it gives volume to my lashes Only reason I can't give a 5 is because it doesn't hold the curl very well.

on 4/27/2011 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I tried this after running out of Clinique's high impact mascara. I absolutely love it! It doesn't clump at all. Makes my lashes look longer and thicker. I would definitely purchase this product again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm a skeptic with volumizing mascaras. I've tried a few that were quite disappointing. The first time I tried this, I didn't like it and I thought it did nothing for my lashes. But I gave it another try and now it's one of my favorites. I use the waterproof version. It doesn't smudge, holds a curl, gives some volume. lengthens and defines. I use this a lot for work and on weekends when I want some oomph but also a natural look.

on 4/27/2011 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Almost a holy grail item except that I've found mine smudges. Otherwise, OMFG!!!!! No clumps, beautiful voluminous eyelashes, LOVE, LOVE LOVE! Except for the smudging. I got waterproof, lets see if it's better. Look for my review there in a few days.

EDIT: Waterproof is now my holy grail.

EDIT: As for June 2013, this is no longer my holy grail, so sad to say. And I'm not sure what happened. I loved this more than anything, then tried a whole bunch for a while, was missing it, went back to it and now it's just... natural. Still basically clump free, very smooth, a little more on the voluminous side, but there was just no wow to it like I had before. Maybe I've matured a little into the makeup department or I'm looking for more now? PS-then I was 18, now I'm almost turning 21.

on 4/24/2011 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

No clumping, decent volume, holds some curl on my stick-straight lashes and no smudging (EVERYTHING smudges on me). I use LashBlast Volume when I want really dramatic lashes, but this looks great for more subdued makeup.

on 4/23/2011 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

LOVE THIS MASCARA!

Pros:
- Doesn't clump
- One coat is sufficient
- Thickens and lengthens

Cons:
- Wand is a little short

on 4/23/2011 5:59:00 PM

Personally, I have the smallest eyelashes in the world! I bought this thinking it would be like all the other mascaras but it works amazingly! With me being a teenage girl this is obviously a big deal to me but it curls them and brings them out so much better I can actually see them for once!! x

on 4/23/2011 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

i have tried all maybelline mascaras and honestly, the one that works best for me is the collossal. i bought the one by one because i wanted to try it out. i thought that the brush would be a dissapointment (like the covergirl lashblast was for me; no rubbery brushes ever seem to actually separate my lases and ive tried other max factor, rimmel and revlon ones) but i was wrong. It actually does separate! what i did find though was not enough product would come onto the brush, so i would have to coat and dip over and over again to try and get reaaly phat, black lashes.
in the end, i ended up using this as a sort of 'base' coat, to separate. then i go over with the collossal to make them phat, long and black.
overall, i didnt find this very volumising either...but like i said, i only use it for separating before i actually apply the mascara i like

on 4/18/2011 10:52:00 PM

love this mascara. it seperates and lengthens!!!! however, it does leave exxccess mascara on the wand instead of the brush. on y second tube cannot wait for my third!!

on 4/16/2011 8:05:00 PM

I saw One by One mentioned in a Youtube review and wanted to give it a try. It came as a total surprise: This the best mascara by Maybelline that I've used. I used and hated their over-hyped mascaras such as Great Lash or Volum' Express or The Falsies. I was expecting another sticky, non-existent, clumpy, smudgy, under-performing mascara that would turn my lashes into pathetic spider legs. I have long, thick, curly lashes that can make me look like Chucky's Bride with a poor mascara. That's why I keep shelling out a fortune to high-end mascaras such as GA Eyes to Kill, YSL Faux Cils, Givency Phenomeneyes, Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen, etc. One by One performed no less than any of these mascaras so far.

1- The brush is very well-designed. It's not actually a brush as it is, but a spiky rubber stuff. It reaches every single lash in the innermost and outermost corners without smudging the upper lid. It coats, separates and lifts the lashes. Causes no clumping even on my very thick outer lashes.
2- The formula is much better than other Maybelline mascaras. It isn't gooey, shiny or sticky like their other stuff. In two coats, my lashes are huge, soft and curled. It coats up very well without clumping and sticking lashes together. It holds the curl very well and doesn't weigh the lashes down.
3- No flaking whatsoever. I use contact lenses and flaking mascaras almost turn me blind with pain. This stayed on for 17 hours without any flaking or smudging.
4- The finish is a very good soft matte black texture. I absolutely hate the other wet sticky lashes I get with other cheaper mascaras...

There was a 3 for 2 offer at Superdrug and I stocked up on it. This is the first drugstore mascara that I bought backups for. I don't yet know how long the tube will last but I've got the summer covered with so many backups. I really liked this mascara.

Popular Mascaras