November 21, 2014 | 1921 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Winter_Snowfall

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a skeptic with volumizing mascaras. I've tried a few that were quite disappointing. The first time I tried this, I didn't like it and I thought it did nothing for my lashes. But I gave it another try and now it's one of my favorites. I use the waterproof version. It doesn't smudge, holds a curl, gives some volume. lengthens and defines. I use this a lot for work and on weekends when I want some oomph but also a natural look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Almost a holy grail item except that I've found mine smudges. Otherwise, OMFG!!!!! No clumps, beautiful voluminous eyelashes, LOVE, LOVE LOVE! Except for the smudging. I got waterproof, lets see if it's better. Look for my review there in a few days.

EDIT: Waterproof is now my holy grail.

EDIT: As for June 2013, this is no longer my holy grail, so sad to say. And I'm not sure what happened. I loved this more than anything, then tried a whole bunch for a while, was missing it, went back to it and now it's just... natural. Still basically clump free, very smooth, a little more on the voluminous side, but there was just no wow to it like I had before. Maybe I've matured a little into the makeup department or I'm looking for more now? PS-then I was 18, now I'm almost turning 21.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by dafyophi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

No clumping, decent volume, holds some curl on my stick-straight lashes and no smudging (EVERYTHING smudges on me). I use LashBlast Volume when I want really dramatic lashes, but this looks great for more subdued makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by smoothtalkin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS MASCARA!

Pros:
    - Doesn't clump
    - One coat is sufficient
    - Thickens and lengthens

Cons:
    - Wand is a little short

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Hailz38

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Personally, I have the smallest eyelashes in the world! I bought this thinking it would be like all the other mascaras but it works amazingly! With me being a teenage girl this is obviously a big deal to me but it curls them and brings them out so much better I can actually see them for once!! x

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

i have tried all maybelline mascaras and honestly, the one that works best for me is the collossal. i bought the one by one because i wanted to try it out. i thought that the brush would be a dissapointment (like the covergirl lashblast was for me; no rubbery brushes ever seem to actually separate my lases and ive tried other max factor, rimmel and revlon ones) but i was wrong. It actually does separate! what i did find though was not enough product would come onto the brush, so i would have to coat and dip over and over again to try and get reaaly phat, black lashes.
    in the end, i ended up using this as a sort of 'base' coat, to separate. then i go over with the collossal to make them phat, long and black.
    overall, i didnt find this very volumising either...but like i said, i only use it for separating before i actually apply the mascara i like

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by hotlips94

love this mascara. it seperates and lengthens!!!! however, it does leave exxccess mascara on the wand instead of the brush. on y second tube cannot wait for my third!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw One by One mentioned in a Youtube review and wanted to give it a try. It came as a total surprise: This the best mascara by Maybelline that I've used. I used and hated their over-hyped mascaras such as Great Lash or Volum' Express or The Falsies. I was expecting another sticky, non-existent, clumpy, smudgy, under-performing mascara that would turn my lashes into pathetic spider legs. I have long, thick, curly lashes that can make me look like Chucky's Bride with a poor mascara. That's why I keep shelling out a fortune to high-end mascaras such as GA Eyes to Kill, YSL Faux Cils, Givency Phenomeneyes, Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen, etc. One by One performed no less than any of these mascaras so far.

1- The brush is very well-designed. It's not actually a brush as it is, but a spiky rubber stuff. It reaches every single lash in the innermost and outermost corners without smudging the upper lid. It coats, separates and lifts the lashes. Causes no clumping even on my very thick outer lashes.
    2- The formula is much better than other Maybelline mascaras. It isn't gooey, shiny or sticky like their other stuff. In two coats, my lashes are huge, soft and curled. It coats up very well without clumping and sticking lashes together. It holds the curl very well and doesn't weigh the lashes down.
    3- No flaking whatsoever. I use contact lenses and flaking mascaras almost turn me blind with pain. This stayed on for 17 hours without any flaking or smudging.
    4- The finish is a very good soft matte black texture. I absolutely hate the other wet sticky lashes I get with other cheaper mascaras...

There was a 3 for 2 offer at Superdrug and I stocked up on it. This is the first drugstore mascara that I bought backups for. I don't yet know how long the tube will last but I've got the summer covered with so many backups. I really liked this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by xomegs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara really works for me to separate my lashes! For only 10 dollars its definitely worth the money. I combine it with a more voluminizing mascara when I go out but I would wear this alone every day. The brush is really cool and catches your lashes separating them really well. The formula is a little bit liquidy which I dont like, but whatever I really like this product. Packaging is bright and cute. I probably will repurchase this, and I like it better then the falsies by maybelline

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by morganito

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

let me preface by saying that I am a mascara junkie, yet I don't want to pay a lot for one tube, and I expect a lot out of my mascara. I like length but what good are long lashes if it looks like you only have 3 of them? So I must have volume as well. I want it to hold curl,not flake, clump or smudge. Impossible right?

Not so, I have found this mascara meets my requirements fairly well (not perfect but I ask a lot). I bought this in very black waterproof. The price is good, I got mine on a 40% off sale (so it was even better). Packaging is ok, I don't really care about packaging as long as whats inside works. I love the brush, big rubber brush, it grabs and separates my lashes with no clumps or spider legs. The formula is not to wet or dry, no offensive smell, very black and does not weigh my lashes down after I curl them. No flakes (even after combing through them with a metal eyelash comb) no smudging after a long day (even a nap). it makes my lashes look fuller and a bit longer, so I am happy. I have tried a lot of mascara, (cover girl lash blast, lash blast fusion, full and soft, lash stiletto voluptuous, colossal, stila major lash and lash visor) and this one is my current favorite.