September 18, 2014 | 925 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by rjcromie

I don't know what to say to do this foundation justice! I have finally found my HG foundation. I literally melts into the skin with such ease, leaving behind even-toned, beautiful skin without looking like I have any makeup on. I have been using this for about a month now, and since I bought it I haven't been able to wear any of my other foundations becase they feel too heavy and look so cakey by comparison. Usually I'll use 2-3 different foundations during the week, depending on how I feel that day, but since VL Aqua I haven't touched any of them. This foundation has surprisingly good coverage and wear time considering how light and watery it is. Some people have objected to the smell. Personally, I really like it - it smells sort of floral and fresh. I do set this with a powder (Mac MSFN) down my T-zone and my combo skin remains pretty shine-free throughout the day. I usualy touch up with powder after work if I'm going somewhere, but aside from that it's pretty low-maintenance. The only bad things I can think of to say are the price and the fact that the little ball inside the bottle to shake it up always gets stuck in the neck and blocks the foundation coming out. But I can live with that! I am prepared to pay the price considering I won't be shelling out to try other new foundations anymore. I still really like Diorskin Nude foundation for evening times or when I want a bit of heavier coverage, but as far as an everyday foundation goes, VL Aqua all the way!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by LeonieE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this fd after using the vitalumiere and I think this fd is much better. The coverage of this fd is better, allthough it is still not the fd I am looking for. One thing I do find strange, is that with the vitalumiere and the vitalumiere aqua, I have the same nr but the colour is not the same! The vitalumiere is way to orange for me, but the same nr with the aqua is perfect for me in the winter. So do trie it before you buy the same nr you always use, because it can be a different colour. Other then that I was pretty happy with this one, but for days I want to cover up a little bit more, this fd is just not it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Insidia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love almost everything about Chanel VA, and it's a very low-maintenance foundation to boot.
Formula & finish: VA has a very lightweight, thin, water-based formula -- you must shake it before use! It is oil-free and contains SPF 15, although it is fragranced (with a lovely scent, I might add). It has a natural finish, not overly dewy but certainly not flat matte. I do set with powder, and it lasts reasonably well throughout the day, even on my oily skin. It has not clogged my pores or broken me out at all and it feels like there's nothing on my skin.
Coverage: VA is a light coverage foundation that can be built up to medium coverage without looking cakey. It easily covers any redness or mild unevenness in my skin tone, although if you have any more prominent imperfections, you will still need to spot conceal.
Packaging, price, etc: The packaging is plastic, which makes it functional and good for travel but not very luxurious. It is also expensive, like all things Chanel. However, as I love the formula and it agrees with my skin, I would repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by muffingrl

I love this foundation! I tried this out at the Chanel counter at my local Nordstrom after hearing so many rave reviews on youtube. The SA matched me to B20 and B30, I ended up with the B20 because I thought it gave a more brightening effect whereas the B30 gave me a more tanned look. I am an NC20-25 in MAC terms. The texture is rather strange since the water separates from the foundation, you MUST shake well before use or you'll end up with a big watery mess on your hand. The Vitalumiere Aqua gives me light to medium coverage, the makeup is undetectable. It just looks like you've laid a perfect veil of skin over your own. One nickel size does my whole face, I use an additional layer to achieve medium coverage. The finish is very natural, not too matte or dewey, once again, it looks like skin. I do powder my whole face with a thin layer of translucent powder to help it stay because it is not a long wearing foundation, it lasts about 6 hours. Overall, I love the effect it gives and I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Melikeymakeup

I tried this at a Chanel "event" at Macy's, one where they bring in a makeup artist. Some other makeup people told me my skin looked beautiful, but I wasn't sure if they were just trying to help sell makeup or if they meant it.
But I finally caved! I went back a few days later for it, and I am glad. I get lots of compliments on my skin when I wear it. In fact, when I went to the Laura Mercier counter to get some blotter powder, the lady there suggested I not get anything with color because I had such nice skin, it would be a shame to cover it up! I had on the makeup at the time, though, so I think it just looked like nice skin! :-)

This makeup is water-resistant, I believe, but it unfortunately can not stand up to all the ladylike perspiring that I do! I don't think anything could though, so I just save it for less hot days.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by katsey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I fell for the hype of this foundation. Well actually I went to the Chanel counter after falling for the hype of the mat lumiere foundation, but the MA recommended this one for me. I have combination skin with an oily T-Zone.
I am pretty fair NW15-20, but she recommended the B20. I got home put it on and almost cried because when I put it on it looked so much darker than my skin. I thought this was going to be another foundation put on my shelf of 'too lazy to return because the shade is wrong'. And it would be an expensive mistake. But I blended the foundation over my face and was surprised to see that it actually blended into my skin colour really well. I wore it for the day and it didn't oxidize at all and made me look much more even.
I use my fingers to apply the product, and shake it REALLY well. Shake it, shake it and when you're done shaking it, shake it a bit more.
I put down that I would buy it again, and technically I would. I find that the product is good, it does cover well and isn't masky. It has the Chanel fragrance which I would prefer it didn't have, but I'm not put off by it. So yes it works for me, but I just think that I'm too much of a foundation junkie not to stray. Although I haven't bought a new foundation since this purchase, its not to say I wouldn't.
Another note is that it is SPF15. Funny though in Canada they can't market it with the SPF so they have a little sticker covering the bottle where it says SPF15. I use a SPF 30 moisturiser, but its nice having the little extra coverage.
Update: I love love love the finish of this product BUT I just don't think my skin can handle the amount of alcohol in this. I could look past the fragrance but I can't wear this foundation everyday and not get bumps. So sad, because it really is fabulous in every other way.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by lovelier

I have been using this for about 2 months now and it is the BEST foundation I have used by far. I have combination skin and I have never been able to find a liquid foundation that will hold up on my oily tzone which is why I switched over to powder foundations for almost a year.... until this came out. I was skeptical at first, I had to have the people at the Chanel counter apply it on me TWICE before I purchased it.

I love it so much. It holds up so well on my oily tzone, when usually it would get oily after an hour and I would have to blot. This holds up to about 5-6 hours before its necessary for me to blot. Keep in mind, I do use the Urban De-Slick spray + MAC Prep and Prime face visage w/ SPF 50. Then again, I did this previously with my other foundations and never did it stay oil-free for so long. It evens out my skin like a dream. I have just a few acne scars and some redness but just a little bit of this and my skin is even. I would say it has light-medium coverage. It feels SO LIGHT on the skin which I like because another reason why I switched over to powder is because of how heavy liquid foundation felt. This is super light and it feels like nothing on the skin yet it has decent coverage. It also has not broken me out.

I apply this with a beauty blender and it applies like a DREAM. I find that apply it with your hands and brush just doesnt give the same results. It has a cream like consistency and I use about a pea size amount and that usually covers my face. It does have a slight scent to it but its not overwhelming, its a floral scent. It is 48 bucks CAD but it is the cheapest Chanel foundation and its way cheaper than cult favourites like Nars sheer glow, which I own and it doesnt work as well.

I think this is great for all skin types and it is just as amazing as everyone claims it is.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by DitaVee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the texture of this and when it first goes on it literally looks like your skin but amazing (and I don't have amazing skin to start with). The failing comes when you're not under natural light as I'm afraid it looks shockingly bad when I'm at work. The first day I was so chuffed with how it looked before I left, but when I popped into the bathroom for a look I looked greasy and flushed, the colour also oxidised at least one shade. Things got progressively worse and I couldn't wait to get it off, however once I got to the car and had a check there it looked great again, the same when I got home! As I'm at work most of the day this just wasn't going to work for me. I tried it out for a full week with consistent results, great in natural light, not great in not natural light.

I also think this may have made my skin break out a little and caused some irritation and redness (I have sensitive, acne rosacea skin that is usually under control). This started to develop after 2 to 3 days but may also have been used by overuse of Flash Balm, which I experimented on days 2-5 to see if it would get this to work. I only normally use flash balm a couple of times a week at the very most (really only when I haven't slept well or am going out), so I'm on the fence with this being the cause.

I desperately wanted to love this as it feels decadent , goes on like a dream and looks wonderful to start, but for the price it's just not going to work for me even as a special occasion thing. I can deal with oxidation but not the rest. I've passed this on to my mum who is totally in love with it, fortunately for her she's a shade darker than me and works in natural light so it always looks great!

I highly recommend trying this if you have normal skin, if you have sensitive skin or rosacea, try a sample first.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by missskerp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this foundation. It's had a light to medium coverage and only requires a pea-size amount to cover most of my face. Being the age that I am, I'm not a fan of heavy, "foundation-looking" foundations because my face doesn't require that kind of coverage. I just wanted something natural-looking yet with slight coverage that's enough to even out my skintone. This had to be my all-time favorite foundation. The only downside to this foundation was its price. At around ¥5800 or US$45 per bottle (yikes), its definitely not the cheapest of all foundations. Although the price was high, with this foundation, you get what you payed for.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 3:43:00 AM More reviews by ritzsanti

I've finally found the perfect foundation! After trying hundreds of different colors and brands, I've finally settled for this one. It was SO difficult for me to find a foundation that was MY color and could look natural. I always found myself needing to apply bronzer or wiping off foundation because it just didn't look my color in certain lighting. It is really expensive, but foundation is definitely a product that is worth the splurge.