September 20, 2014 | 1601 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by laurendobi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation because being in highschool, I have P.E. class some days and I just hate it when my foundation (even though I use barely any!) feels all gross and sweaty. This is sweatproof and feels pretty light. It covers my flaws and I don't have to paint my face with it for it to work, which is good. A flip top cap would have been nice, but that's a little thing. This foundation does have a lot of warm undertones in every shade, so it makes my look glowy without looking fake. It did make my skin break out a little bit, but it went away now. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by mplsgal10

I have to disagree with other reviewers on this one...I actually like this foundation. Though it doesn't say "oil free" it doesn't break my skin out at all (similarly to other Rimmel products) which I have encountered with MANY other foundations including those that were designed to clear skin. There is a trick to putting this on though, you need to apply a SMALL amount with a damp sponge and you need to really blend it in and then let it set for about ten minutes and then apply powder, etc. otherwise it looks super cakey. It covers my acne scars and doesn't look orange outside like Revlon Colorstay. I wouldn't say this is 25 hour foundation but it does last longer than any other foundation I have used.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't know that I would buy this again for sure, but as of right now, I'm happy. I bought this last night at Walmart for $6.47 (the lowest price I could find), in 103 True Ivory - at the recommendation of the Temptalia foundation matrix - I'm NC20 in MAC. This color was way off - first, it was a bit too dark. This might be more for a NC30. However, this color was almost green! It was so strange.
So, this morning I went back and exchanged this for the 100 Ivory shade. I used it today and it is a good color match. I'm surprised that this is the lightest shade available. Anyone who is lighter than NC20 might find this too dark.
This comes out more liquidy than it applies, if that makes sense (you would think it is a thinner coverage than it is). It has a full coverage finish, and sets fast. I applied this with my fingers, but I'm expecting a Sigma round top buffer brush in the mail and am then going to apply it with that. I used the MUFE HD primer, and the ELF HD powder after to set.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by gemstoneruby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color i got warm ivory matches my skin perfectly but its way too cakey..I have to return it

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by itskirby

This stuff is gross, sticky and really thick and dries orange.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by transitnat00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I did not like this product! It wouldn't blend well, and the only thing that worked was using my fingers. It felt heavy and kind of sticky.
Also the color range sucked! I am pretty fair-skinned and I bought the lightest color (100-Ivory) and it was waaaay too orange and dark for me. It just looked like my face had gone tanning for two weeks straight but the rest of my body was my natural color.
I do not recommend this product and I actually already returned it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by shiva007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish I can use this product. It's extremely cheap but I got an allergic reaction from this. This product is actually very good. It gives a medium coverage and lasted the whole and night for me. Didn't completely cover my dark circles and acne scars, but the quality is definitely good enough for the price I paid. I did notice a couple of dry patches of skin around the nose and forehead towards the end of the night, so maybe it's not ideal for wearing over 10 to 12 hrs. The formula was a bit thick, but it didn't bother me at all. Recommend for those who aren't sensitive to it!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2010 2:29:00 PM More reviews by sunshine23905

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

The product itself is very decent.
Gives about medium coverage and pretty easy to apply and blend either with a sponge or a stippling brush. My MAC color is about NC37 and the rimmel in 201 classic beige was a good fit.

However, my skin is extremely dry especially in the winter. Dry as in peeling skin that looks extremely gross. I felt that this foundation completely accentuated the dry patches on my face and may have dried out my skin even more. After I noticed how dry my skin looked, I removed and applied my usual revlon colorstay for dry skin. And, my skin again looked hydrated and healthy.

I have to say that this foundation is probably best for those with oily/combination skin. My dry skin just didn't like it very much. I, unfortunately, returned this product. this was such a bummer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 4:29:00 AM More reviews by constantonian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just in case my initial opinions about this product were too good to be true, I waited a month to review this foundation. Let me tell ya, it's everything I hoped it would be and more! If you're looking for a semi matte, long wearing foundation, this is it. Call me a snob, but I tend to stick with high end products when it comes to my skin. Prior to this, the only product that I had tried from Rimmel is the Addiction lipliner, which is always in my makeup bag. I picked this up on a whim without high expectations per recommendation by a Youtube guru for about $6 at Target in the shade Sand. I apply this with a flat top kabuki and it blends into my skin like a dream. The squeeze tube trumps Colorstay in terms of sanitation and portion control. When applied after a good moisturizer, this has a much more natural finish than most long wearing foundations. It does have a fragrance, but it's rather light and refreshing compared to other foundations. Its medium-full coverage minimizes the need for concealer. Now I only use concealer for my undereye circles and for darker post acne hyperpigmentation. I don't know if this can actually last 25 hours, but it can sure last at least 14 hours. On the roughest, longest days, this foundation looks like it did when I first applied it. Maybe even better!

I really can't say enough about this product. It's definitely worth a try because it's so cheap and the potential that it can yield great results outweigh any other negatives. Like all foundations, it's best to apply in thin layers to get the best coverage and a natural finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by trinityblade24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Finally! A reasonably priced, long lasting foundation! I work in an operating room and there is nothing more embarassing than taking off my face mask and finding a coating of foundation on the inside for everyone to see. I was a big user of Revlon Colorstay, but I didn't like the pumpless bottle, the undertone colors never really matched my skin that well (medium, yellow, golden...my veins are emerald green!), and I found it pricey for ds makeup.
Rimmel's 25 hour has a nice, neat squeeze tube, quite a few of their shades have a yellow base to them ( I have Nude), it's a nice rich consistency but not gloppy, blends well, and cost me $5.47 for a full ounce. But best of all...it does not rub off on my face mask!!! It stays put from morning to evening (12hr shift), even though I have very oily skin. So my guess is that this stuff should last just as long on the skin for those who don't wear masks all day!!! Will definately buy again!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No