November 26, 2014 | 1693 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet....have been using it for about 2 months. I am pale, but I wear this in 201 - Classic Beige. It looks darker in the tube and on the sponge than it actually is because when I apply, it blends seamlessly into my skin. As I said, I use a sponge because I like a sheerer coverage...I just want something to even out my skin tone. It's light, doesn't feel heavy at all. Doesn't break me out whatsoever. This is what it says on the back of the tube:

"Sweat, heat and humidity proof for up to 25 hours. Transfer resistant. Enriched with revitalizing mineral complex and moisturizing aqua primer. Skin feels energized and hydrated all day."

I CAN attest to the fact that it's sweat, heat and humidity proof. I live in North Texas and we've had a very warm Indian Summer (was 80 and humid just last week...in November!!!!). My foundation looked good through all that. I cannot attest to 25 hours of wear because....who does that?, LOL. I can attest to 11 hours...lasts a full work day and beyond. Seems to be transfer resistant...don't find it on my clothes. All in all, a good foundation and probably a bit lighter feeling than Revlon ColorStay which I've also used in the past. And the price can't be beat...Rimmel is a very affordable brand. Since it's a drugstore find, most stores will allow you to return if you absolutely hate it. Walmart, Target, Walgreens and CVS will all let you return if you must. I do believe I will buy again...am probably about half way through the tube.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by melvans

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried so many different brands and types of foundation and this is by far my favourite. I have combination skin. I am really, really picky. I love how this foundation look like you not wearing makeup. gives you that natural not-dewy-but-not flat-mate finish. It last so freakin' long. I really don't know if I believe it would last 25hrs, but who needs it to? I wore it all day, around 12-13 hours and remained. I helped cater a wedding that day. I was in a hot, steamy kitchen and it lasted. I was amazed! BUT my favourite part was by far the fact it didn't feel heavy. I hate the way most foundations feel, even higher end like mac. Once oyu skin get oily the feel caked and heavy. but this didn't it feels like a moisturizer. LOVE

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2010 3:48:00 AM More reviews by FoxyConnie

So it is about time I have to write a review for this. First off let me tell you, I have very oily skin, acne, acne mark skin. I love that it comes in a tube. I use my fingers along with a sponge. Blends pretty darn good. I must say prior to this foundation I've been using laura mercier silk creme foundation, which I also love, but it was waaay to pricey. the 25 hr foundation is full coverage and last a pretty long time. I only have to touch up ONCE compare to many. It also gives you that matte finish I'm looking for, but I want something that looks natural. You can tell I have foundation on. That's why I love LM foundation. As I read other people reviews, they mention it broke them out. YES! But not a lot. it is controllable if you have a good acne cleanser. I will definitely buy again and for only 6.49. Why not? I do recommend this to who ever suffer from oily skin, redness, acne marks, etc.

Sorry I had to rewrite a comment about this.. I thought this was a best alternative to Laura Mercier foundation, but it doesn't compare. Let me tell you why. The other day as I jus put on makeup and had lunch. I notice after lunch in the mirror how my face looked sUPER cakey and how DIRTTY my face look. I will go bak to laura mercier, thank you very much.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by asiaisthebest

LOVE this foundation! Perfect amount of coverage, nice blendability, even smells good! Can't beat it for the price. I just applied it for the first time a few minutes ago so I can't vouch for how long it lasts or whether or not it will cause me to break out, but so far so good! Will definitely repurchase if it holds up nicely.

UPDATE: After tring a couple more expensive foundations when my tube of Rimmel ran out, I now know, IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS! This is without a doubt my HG foundation. It has never made me break out, matches my skin perfectly, has an excellent finish and lasts forever. And oh yeah, I just picked up a tube for $6...Canadian!

Booyah!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by PMC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been testing a few foundations lately for my oily but sensitive skin to replace Revlon ColorStay - which wears forever but makes me break out - and this Rimmel one came up the winner. Tested on various days and sometimes one on each side of my face at the same time: Lasting Finish, Chanel Mat Lumiere, Chanel Photo Lumiere, Bare Escentuals Matte, Estee Lauder Double Wear, Estee Lauder Double Wear Light. The Mat Lumiere was a nice texture but did not wear long enough, the Photo Lumiere was too slick for my oily skin, Bare Escentuals Matte was TOO matte and seemed to deaden my skin in an unflattering way (don't like the regular one either, too sparkly which shows up my pores too much), and the DW seemed a bit drying and cakey. So it came down to Lasting Finish vs. DW Light. DW Light has a nice satin finish and lasted well. But the Rimmel came up on top because it actually seemed to tighten my skin a bit, giving it the illusion of being more taut and smoother, without giving it a dry appearance and without being heavy. It had decent coverage and took care of my large pores pretty well. It lasted as long as the DW Light and wore off evenly and without patches or slicks. It also costs less than one-fourth the price of the DW Light. And so far, no breakouts.
I like makeup that is slightly warm-toned, and the Warm Ivory was a good choice for me. You need to apply it quickly and with a light hand, less is more. It looks lighter when going on but dries a shade darker. So if it looks one shade too light when you're first applying, it'll probably dry to the perfect shade.
This foundation will probably be too drying for anyone with dry skin, but if you're oily or live in a humid climate, this is a very good product. Kudos to Rimmel for outgunning the expensive name brands.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by ladylove88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the shade 202 Nude. In the bottle it looks like it would be my shade, and i even tested on my hand. It was a little darker then my hand, since your face is usually darker. When I appied it on my face after i got home and it was a lot lighter then my skin color. So i mixed it with my current foundation (which is a bit darker since I am getting lighter cause it's Novemeber), and it made a perfect match to my skin tone!

The consistency is kinda thick, and easy to blend. I use a flat foundation brush. I found that it didnt look cakey or too heavy. I love this foundation and it works great. Too bad the selection of shades is limited. I found after reading the reviews, a lot of people are mixing thier foundation for the perfect shade. Overall, great foundation and will be purchased again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 8:03:00 PM More reviews by starbuck65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm blown away by this foundation. I'm 45, I have dry skin, rosacea, broken capillaries and hyperpigmentation. I love the idea of a long-wearing foundation, Estee Lauder Double Wear used to look ok on me, the last few years I find it very aging, the coverage is medium, but back then when it looked ok I didn't need the coverage. Now I do. I really like Chanel Pro Lumiere and Lift Lumiere, the Lift lasts a bit longer than the Pro, neither are long wearing but have medium to full coverage and look amazing on the skin which is better than something that looks horrible AND lasts. Revlon ColourStay is just a medium coverage on me. Rimmel Lasting Finish has a bit more coverage than the Chanel foundations, definitely more than EL and far more than Revlon ColourStay. I would still call this medium to full, closer to full. It has quite a bit of dimethicone in it, I find it pretty moisturizing as well, which is unusual for a long wearing foundation. And this lasts longer than any I've tried. It doesn't budge, transfer, fade... It did not settle in to lines, it did not dry out my skin at all. It does leave a bit of tackiness behind, it does settle down, and I let it settle for a few minutes just like the Lift Lumiere. I do set it with HD powder although it's not needed. I applied with the e.l.f. powder brush, as I do with all of my foundations. The consistency is not as thin as Chanel, but it's not heavy either. It's amazing that it gives the coverage that it does. The finish is between a satin and matte. It's not a dry looking matte but it's not dewy either. Because of the amount of dimethicone in it I bought a shade lighter to use under my eyes as well and it worked great! I love Chanel foundations, they make me look as though I have great skin and just popped a tinted moisturizer on, beautiful. The Rimmel makes my skin look absolutely flawless, not quite as natural, but not in a way that screams heavy coverage foundation either. I love the finish! If you need flawless coverage, try this!
EDIT- Ive been using this for nearly 4 months now. I have recommended this to EVERYONE!!! It is hands down the best foundation I have ever purchased and so inexpensive. I used it on my sister-in-law, who has rosacea like I've never seen before, this covered it completely and she's tried everything including dermablend which left her skin incredibly dry and unnatural looking. I cannot say enough about this foundation, I pray they never discontinue it!

35 out of 36 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok, id def give this a 5 but i have to say the shade range isnt so great, otherwise this would be probably one of my favorites... but it still is an amazing foundation!
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
The Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hr Foundation (i also have the 16 hr foundation & it seems to be the same formula) can be found in most drugstores like CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens as well as in mass stores like Target & Walmart. The price will vary depending on your location as well as sales/dicounts/coupons. The price is generally around $5-7. I def suggests getting this on a good sale- doesnt it always make it better!
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
Ok, id give it a 5 if i wasnt so pale and 'Ivory' was alot lighter. But i love this foundation so much that i will mix a really light foundation with it just so i can wear it. I love the coverage and texture of this. Its smooth and creamy and blends right into my skin like no other! The coverage is great. Its def medium coverage and can be built up in areas that need a bit more coverage. This foundation coverages all my uneven skin as well as any redness or spots. If you have a really bad blemish you may need a tiny bit of concealer but this covers so well, you may not. The way i use it is more like a tinted moisturizer but it still covers everything i want it to. I dont use it alone so it changes the finish. I love that it stays on all day (i do use monistat or hard candy primer) i have normal to dry skin and this doesnt emphasize any fine lines pores or dry spots. It covered my discolorations & blemishes. It has a semi matte finish. Its not too matte nor too dewy, more like a satin finish but you can def top w/ your different powders to better suit your face needs.
PACKAGING-
The Rimmel 25 HR Lasting Finish Foundation comes in a great squeezable tube. The container has some stamping of the Logo/labeling and more information on the back. The shade name is located on the front bottom of the tube. The top twists on & off which is easy to use. The top is where the foundation sits upright (which i love since it allows you to use up all the foundation inside so no wasting) The tube is clear in a few spots so you can see how much you have used or got left. The tube is hard enough to travel with but flexible enough to squeeze out the last bit of foundation. I like this packaging better than a pump/jar container since you will not be able to get to it all like that but this, brilliant! this is my favorite packaging so far. I know, i like simple but effective & easy to use tubes, this is it!
Overall, i have really tried so many different drugstore foundations but i still LOVE this one. I love the creaminess and smooth texture & it blends so nicely. I just wish the color/shade range was way more extensive & we could all find a shade that matches or even close. I still have to mix w/ other foundations to pull off Ivory but its worth it to me. I love this. If you are more on the fair/light skin tone, try the new Rimmel Clean Finish foundation which is now one of my top favs for sure & it does have a few choices for my pale skin. I love it! and will def recommend this foundation Lasting Finish foundation is amazing & if you can find your match, get it! i love it & will probably repurchase over & over & pray they release my shade or close!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Celinya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation. I have always had a hard time with my makeup being gone half way through the day, but the Rimmel really lasts into the night - until I take it off. I had previously used Estee Lauder Double Wear and I actually prefer the Rimmel. Plus the price point is fantastic.

I apply this foundation with a foundation brush and it covers very well, but doesn't look or feel too heavy. I applied this foundation with my a sponge and was not happy with the results. I would highly recommend using a foundation brush with it.

I am prone to breakouts and this makeup did not improve breakouts, but it did not cause more break outs. I have not had any problems with the color, but really that seems to be making sure you buy the correct color for your skin type. I have neutral skin tone, so I have good luck with foundation shades.

I will buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by jenniviva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I was so impressed because it is very inexpensive!

- the first time i tried it, i put on my usual liquid foundation amount, and it looked wayyyy to masky.
-then i tried putting a very thin layer all over, with my fingers, and then a stippling brush!
-the effect was AMAZING, my skin looked radiant, and dewy, and naturally flawless! The effect was almost identical to the RADIANCE FOUNDATION from LANCOME!
-my skin is fairly good, so i don't have acne problems.
-so the foundation easily doubled up as a concealer around my eyes.
-the formula didn't accentuate dryness, and lasted all day!
-i set it with very little powder, so my skin didn't look matte, it looked dewy, youthful, and radiant!

Excellent results, just like a higher end brand.