January 28, 2015 | 1438 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Liquid Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by catherinemariie

I wasn't sure what to make of this product when I first bought it. It felt heavier and richer than my Revlon Colorstay or Neutrogena Healthy Skin, and when I started to apply it it streaked in a way that neither of those two did. It wasn't necessarily bad, but it took some getting used to.

Fast forward to the first day I wore it to school: I stippled and buffed with a flat top brush, and then powdered and continued with my normal routine. I loved the finish as I walked confidently out of my bedroom that morning, though perhaps I neglect to mention that my bedroom (where I do my makeup) has truly terrible lighting.

When I got in my car, I noticed a dark orange smudge on my hand. I realized, with an increasing level of panicked horror, that:
a) That smudge was from this foundation.
b) The same dark orange color was covering my entire face.

Now this was surprising, because I am pale but not awfully so; NC20, shade Buff in CS, and I had selected the lightest shade in Lasting Finish: 100 Ivory. And yet, it was terribly dark. I spent the day hoping no one would notice that my face was a different color than my neck.

I let it sit, alone and friendless, on my vanity for a week or so before I picked it up again (I hate to give up on a new product). I stippled, but I brought the color down my neck and used less of it. It was serviceable; as a matter of fact I would say it looked rather nice. I've been doing this routine for the past week or so.

Here's what I really love about this foundation, that made me not want to give up on it: no flakiness. I have pretty dry skin, especially in the winter. CS flakes off terribly on my skin by the end of the day, but this stayed fairly moisturized—if anything it made my skin look OILY (which is pretty much unprecedented for me). However, a little blotting takes care of the oil and otherwise it looks pretty nice.

I would not recommend this for people with oily skin, or exceptionally light skin, or for summer wear; however, this foundation seems to be serving me well and I intend to use it until it runs out. Whether I'll repurchase remains to be seen, but right now I can enthusiastically say I will.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 4:54:00 AM More reviews by drunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

it is such a nice product, especially for the price. i have dry skin and in the winter, my skin is often red and harden and starts peeling around my nose and my forehead. this foundation offers a dewy moist look. it really blends beautifully without streak marks, which impressed me a lot. the finish looks a lot alike to the MUFE HD, only a bit more moist, which i perosnaly like. it looks as natural as the HD foundation. the texture is kind of thick and waxy, watch out the spilling when you open it. the texture reminds me of estee lauder double wear light, only a bit more thick. staying power, on me, in winter, is the only con. it might be totally subjective as everyone's skin is different, but i found that as it is so moist and tacky, it doesnt dry, so it does transfer.today after i finish my face(foundation +YSL) powder, when i curled my lashes, the lash curler came in contack with inner corner of my eye(inadvoidably, right?) then it leaves a mark there, sometimes when i touched my nose, it also leaves a mark. so this might be the only downside. i would definately repurchase as i think it compares to a lot of high end foundations i have. for reference, i use revlon colorstay Buff, Guerlain foundations in Pale beige, Chanel Prolumiere 20 claire(a tad dark for me),MAFE HD 117.and i got 100 ivory in this foundation, a very close to perfect a match.
EDIT: i dont reach for it often anymore. reasons are it is thick and patchy. i found that in some lighting, it looks very greasy. didnt like that look. i might not repurchase anymore. it is not decisive yet. certainly i wouldnt pay more than 6 bucks for this. it is okey and everything but if i were to purchase a drugstore foundation, i would still go to revlon color stay.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

My skin is very oily and I had high hopes for this product. First and foremost, minerals do not do well with my skin. This caused huge clogging and break outs. Did it last 25 hours? No, it melted within 6 hours and it looked totally oxidized. The shades are very limited so I had to commit to Sand and it looked muddy on me within a few hours. I do not recommend this to every one. If you have dry skin, you might do well with this but for oily skin, this is a no no....

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by DarkCircIes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After hearing a emilynoel83 raving about this foundation on youtube, I know I have to try it out. And the truth is, this is really great.

It is long lasting, feels like skin and natural looking. Very little product is needed for each application. Coverage is medium and very buildable. My only complaint is finding the right color. I have bought 3 tubes before finding my right color.

I apply it with my fingers and set it with Lorac Perfectly Lit Oil-Free luminizing powder in spotlight. (After 10 hours of wear on profile pictures, no touch up)

I'm NC 30 and I am using #201 and it is a good match.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by hautdamn

This is great for me in the spring/fall/winter. Summer makeup for me is a nightmare, so not even this product will stay on me when it's hot. At this cool time of the year though, my skin looks great while wearing it, and it lasts all day. I use my fingers to apply it, and the warmth of my hands gives me a flawless coverage. Also, I don't feel smothered by it, which has been a problem for me in the past with foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by serenity9278

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I replaced my loreal infalliable with this foundation.This is soo amazing.It gives great coverage and lasts really long. It also smells really good. When i apply this my face feels light, like i dont have anything on rather than the other foundations i have used that start to feel heavy after awhile. I also like the price.I kind of like the packaging. The only bad thing about this is the color options for deeper skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by starrynight8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great product; it's affordable, easy to use, blends well, long lasting, and has good coverage. The only thing I kinda dislike about this is its packaging. I like how it's in a squeeze bottle, but I find that the product is a tad runny, so a lot of it ends up in the cap. Despite that, I would definitely buy this again. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am on my 3rd bottle of this stuff...so about 3 months of using. I love the staying power...One day I had to exercise with this on and even though I was sweating, my makeup didn't budge. I have VERY oily skin (especially t-zone). This is a little thick, but with a primer and being careful not to squeeze out too much (something that took me a LONG time to remember/learn). I am pretty impressed with this stuff. Can't beat the price either.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by 1BlueEyedGirl1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Coverage: Medium-Full 5/5 (very buildable, use a thin amount for medium and a little more for full)
Finish: Natural & Dewy 5/5
Blends: Very well 5/5
Drying time: Drys fairly fast 4/5
Moisturizing/Hydrating: Yes 5/5
Lasts: through sweat- very strong lasting power 5/5
Packaging: Very Nice, Easy to Use 5/5
Transfers: Not really. Just a little bit after being worn for over 8 hours.. 5/5
I love ColorStay Foundation from Revlon and this is very comparable! It has the same lasting power and they both dry pretty fast after applied to the face. The differences are that the Rimmel is more moisturizing and leaves a dewy appearance on the skin, while Revlon (I use Normal/Dry Skin) drys to a matte finish which is fine during the day. The Rimmel is perfect for night and in photos as it has no SPF, doesn't need any touchup's to look amazing, and feels good on the skin. I purchased a color that was too dark for me but it blended very well... This also blends easier than the Revlon as it's more liquid-y while the Revlon has a thick consistency. So for day I continue to use Revlon but at night I use Rimmel.. couldn't be happier with these foundations:)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by animalover4life

well it is very affordable first of all! i've gotten a lot of compliments from it! it leaves a really nice dewey finish, and if you apply powder, it is semi matte,it's really nice! you can apply a little to get medium coverage, or a lot to get full coverage. you don't look like an orange tanned crazy girl, and it lasts me about 10 hours!!! just don't touch your face too much, and this foundation will last you well the whole school day!

i bought mine for $6.5, and got the foundation primer, which was the same price, compared to my Clinique Even better foundation which i paid $24 for... well

CONS: no SPF.. only good for indoors like school day, can show your dry spots so make sure you moisturize well!