Garnier Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

on 8/12/2010 2:43:00 PM

i'm 14,(on mom's account) and have the occasional extremely dark circles under my eyes. I needed a concealer that wouldn't flake or crease under my eyes, but would still cover up my darkness. This does provide coverage for circles and brightens over time. But, the color match is a turn-off. It's a little too dark for me, and they provide no other shades,so that stinks. Careful, store this right side up. I liked this but i now find myself using NYX concealers.

on 8/4/2010 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I am fortunate not to have the problem of dark under-eye circles but have always been on the lookout for a concealer that will aid in reducing morning puffiness, brighten the eye area, and yet not settle into fine lines. I absolutely have found my HG concealer in this product by Garnier. This concealer comes in a hourglass shaped container with a metal rollerball at one end. The combination of the rollerball applicator and the caffeine in the product are supposed to stimulate microcirculation and for me, really seem to reduce the under-eye puffiness that I sometimes wake up with in the morning. The concealer itself it light, creamy and blends effortlessly. It is long-lasting, does not look cakey or settle into the fine lines under my eye and really makes my eyes look bright and wide awake. One tip that might be helpful is that you should store this upright. Because of the rather thin, liquidy consistency of the product, if you store it lying down, some of the product seems to leak into the cap. I paid $11.99 for it at Target and in my opinion, it was worth every penny and I will continue to repurchase again and again.

on 7/28/2010 12:09:00 PM

I have deep set eyes, hereditary dark circles & I don't sleep normally. I always use very pigmented concealers to cover my circles and yet they are still visible (due to the structure of my face). I bought this to use it at the beach and generally when I cannot have a full make up and I didn't expected too much, just a little coverage. But I was surprised with the results! This has covered my dark circles, I dare to say I got the same results I get from a more pigmented and heavier concealer (Artdeco camouflage, Malu Wilz Camouflage, Coverderm), but without the cakey effect. It is a very light, easy to apply, doesn't set in lines and really covers! I can't say if it's moisturising, because I'm using an eye cream underneath.

on 5/28/2010 10:01:00 AM

It is about time! Finally a product that WORKS!
I have dark under-eye circles (thanks to stress and late nights of studying) so I've taken a recommendation and purchased this cheap product (15 AUD). The sheer tinted liquid surprisingly covers my darkness/redness... I use it on the corners of my nose, too, where it can also become quite dark.. also some mild pimples.

LOVE:
It stays on all day
Doesn't 'melt' into creases/pores
Doesn't look//feel like makeup - my bf hates me wearing makeup so I wear this and say I'm not wearing any =)
I don't even have to wear foundation anymore!!!
And when I do wear it with foundation, it stays put and looks so natural

HATE:
Nothing!!!

EDIT***

Sorry to change my mind, but this oxidises HEAPS. It goes from looking natural to looking orange really quickly. Now I use Mary Kay concealer (dirt cheap without the oxidisation)

on 5/26/2010 10:10:00 PM

I always get sucked into hype and buy things that disappoint me. I was intending to buy the (much raved about) caffine roll-on but bought this instead as it was on sale. I really thought it wouldn't work at all. I have been shocked and delighted at how much I love it! It's easy to apply, feels lovely, cool and refreshing going on, it covers my undereye circles really well and best of all, I don't find that it creases or wears off throughout the day. I use this on my eyelids as well as under my eyes and find it covers the little veins and discolorations and gives a perfect, natural finish. I was about to buy the Laura Mercier eye basics for this reason but now I don't have to as I can use this product instead.

on 5/14/2010 7:37:00 AM

I bought this when it was an offer for 1/3 off,I thought the original price was a bit high for a drugstore brand,Anyways,I got it in fair and I really like it!!!
It feels lovely and cool going on,that must be the ball as its metal and the consistancy is quite thin so it blends really easily.Now the best bit,I was shocked at how well this thin looking liquid covered my dark circles.I wasnt expecting that to be honest,I still use a concealer on top of my foundation but I could just use this and Id look fine.I also think my under eye area is looking better so theres another bonus.I would deff buy again,even at full price so it must be good :o)

on 5/13/2010 5:42:00 AM

I've tried most of the expensive undereye concealers in the market, and this by far is the best. Nevermind about the anti-puffiness and dark circle properties, I have not actually looked at it close enough to see if it does work, but the concealing properties are better than any I've tried. I use Laura Mercier Secret eye brightening powder and together, they work like magic. They last even longer than my foundation.

on 4/26/2010 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I bought this in the medium / dark.

This is actually a pretty good concealer although I cannot comment on the anti-puffing claim that it has.

I have an issue with concealer seeming to disintegrate / crack/ flake every so often. I've heard this happens when you have dry skin around your eyes but I don't notice that I do, but my concealers (i've tried mac, estee lauder, various drug store brands) always seem to flake in any case. With this concealer I do notice it happens significantly less. Maybe that is due to the think cosnistency.

It's a very thin consistency, but does have a strong colour. On aplication it does kind of settle into your eye socket line, but I rub this and once i set with powder its quite amazing and lasts throughout the day and it's not until the late evening that I notice it starts settling into my socket line.

Negatives:
What has annoyed me is that it comes in two colours. Fair and Medium/Dark. The Medium / dark one is actually pretty light to be called medium/dark.
Roller ball can be a little annoying but not a big deal.
Nice looking packaging but its a waste for what is virtually a fat pen size roller. Could do with less packaging and charging less for it.

No comment:
Its ability to reduce puffyness around the eyes. My eyes aren't really puffy, they just have darkness.

on 4/8/2010 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this purely for the under eye concealer properties. I have the non concealer version of this (which is just meant to reduce puffiness and dark circles) and is ineffective so i just needed an under-eye cover up.

I got this in the shade 'fair' and although its not too bad, it's far too light a consistency to make a difference to dark circles.

Also the container does not stand up properly so the liquid leaks out of the top and congeals.