December 20, 2014 | 1768 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by yourphatness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG. Soooo good. The price and quality of this product is amazing. I have it in 51 and 52/53 for summer. The texture is so light, and applies really smoothly for a beautiful medium to full coverage! It feels like heaven!! And it doesn't look chalky. The best part is that it doesn't clog my pores (whereas True Match, and Nearly Naked did). I only need a small dot to cover my whole face. I usually use this when my skin isn't behaving too well, or when I need heavier coverage for a special occasion. I like to mix it with the 10 hour sleep effect foundation for a lighter coverage. Fantastic!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 9:10:00 AM More reviews by xpeppermint

the formula is great :)
feels light on the skin. and it looks really natural on my combination skin, and makes it look radiant :)
it blends in like my second skin and it feels comfortable having it on.

the only drawback would be the price as it is considered rather expensive for drug store standards. i had only gotten it after discount its usual price is about S$35. and i had paid S$28.

the first shade i bought was 51 vanilla clair as recommended by the SA, yet it was too light and i looked like a ghost before it oxidized. so i had to repurchase for a darker colour 52 vanilla, which was a perfect match!

go get a bottle and you wouldnt regret!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by sasflipper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Smells lovely and applies really well. I was really happy with the coverage and application. Packing is very hygienic.

However, this product oxidised on my skin. I bought shade 53 and it turned quite orangey by lunchtime. I also developed quite a few unsightly whiteheads on my jawline after three or four days (only on one side though. Odd?) Not sure if it was the product or something else that caused it.

Anyway, I won't repurchase. Shame. I really wanted to like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Rosefan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought shade 52 for my eye-area. I wanted a moisturizing, yellow toned foundation to replace my concealers which are too dark for the winter season, and are very visible and drying. Healthy mix is just perfect.

PROs

-very natural looking, but gives a nice coverage
-yellow toned-exactly what i wanted
-moisturizing
-cheap! and will lasts for ages, because I need only a tiny bit for around my eyes
-It lasts for hours even though I can't stop touching my eyelids, especially when I'm tired.

After spending quite a bit of money on products that would cover my dark circles and still remain natural, and found nothing, this one is a total winner!

CONs

-packaging doesn't reflect how perfect is the stuff inside, it's just a plastic tube. But at least it's not as heavy as glass ones, easy to use.

I don't use it for all my face, so cannot comment on that, but I guess it's not very good for extremely fair, rose toned skintypes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Butterfly008

Great, great foundation. Beats my Chanel Teint Innocence and MAC Pro Longwear easily.

I have combination skin, so I do have some dry patches that get flaky when I rub foundation on them, but with Bourjois Healthy Mix I haven't had this problem.
The color 52 matches my skintone perfectly. Gives me a flawless, healthy complexion with a subtle radiance. Beautiful!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by liyanxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really liked the packaging actually. The bottle and the pump made it easy for the foundation to be dispensed. I guess this foundation is pretty good for a drugstore foundation, but my HG at the moment is Revlon colorstay.

I have acne prone skin so I wanted to find a foundation that would benefit my skin which is not too damaging to wear. It didn't worsen my acne but it gave me huge cysts on my chin? I rarely rarely get them so this is how I know this foundation broke me out because the day after I had gotten cysts on my chin.

The coverage is medium but it made my face look flawless so that was cool. However it sort of made me look dull. All the tones are rather ashy so it always made me look like a zombie-ish. My mum thought I looked worn out whenever I wore this foundation.

It's different for everyone. It's not like this review will really change your mind and stop you from buying the product if you really really want to. If you've decided you want to try it, try it. I think it's better to try something out, and if you do really dislike it then just return it (at boots you're allowed) or just keep it maybe or give it to a friend rather than just not trying it and keep on having second thoughts about it.

Who knows, it may be your hg foundation. Try it, it's not that bad. :P

The price is reasonable. Could be cheaper though!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 8:25:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I thought this stuff was a hot mess! People with oily skin, or even just an oily t-zone, steer clear! I used two pumps of this and it covered my whole face. I used 52 Vanilla for my NC20 skin. First, the color is odd - like the color match was right, but the tone or something about the foundation made my skin look really dull and almost greyed a bit. When it went on, I felt really oily, and I kind of felt like it was not going to end well. I was right! By the end of the day, my skin looked so bad, and a shiny-gross-greasy mess. I don't think I would recommend this to anyone! Also - the price...it is $24 at ULTA. Not worth one penny!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've yet to find a drugstore foundation that is as good as the HE ones at half the price, I guess you get what you pay for. I was looking for a foundation I could wear on those bumming around days where all you do is buy groceries. Unfortunately this isn't it. I couldn't wear this even to buy groceries! It isn't the foundation's fault though, stupid stores around here just refuse to carry my shade! They had number 53 which was too light and number 55 which is too dark, I imagine number 54 would have been perfect for me but it isn't available in my area! Pushy MA gave a sweet talk about how flattering it looks to wear a foundation a shade darker than your natural skin anyways, how it gives you a tanned and healthy look and blah blah. Well there's nothing healthy looking about wearing the wrong shade! It just looks like a mask, it looks like I'm wearing foundation. I really wanted to try out this foundation anyways, because of the great reviews. Maybe it would look good in the correct shade but even if it were available, which it isn't, I wouldn't get it, I'm too unhappy with the folks at the store and this foundation would always remind me of them. Well as I can't waste now I have to go and look for another foundation that is too light for me so I can mix them and get my shade, boo! I think the next time I'm in the mood for a d/s foundation I'll stick to Max Factor, they're more expensive than other d/s brands available in my area but they have the perfect shade for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Trotty11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation as I wanted a light to medium coverage that would give me an even dewy finish and this foundation did not disappoint! It covered all my small freckles making my skin look very even but natural as the coverage was light enough to look like I had nothing on. I had this product on from about 8:30am and it lasted right through to 4:30; it was about 6:00 that it really began to disappear. I was completely amazed as I have a terrible habit of touching my face and expected it to be gone before I got home from school. This foundation smells gorgeous and the texture is beautifully smooth and it is very easy to get a streak free finish using a foundation brush (even for someone as make-up inept as me!). I originally used powder foundations (Benefit Hello Flawless etc.) which I found too cakey but this was a brilliant alternative. I was lucky enough to get my bottle on offer at £6.99 but it usually retails for an acceptable £9.99 which I feel is about right for a drug store foundation. With this foundation I found that a little goes a long way so the size of the bottle is also reasonable. I bought the lightest shade and found that at first it seemed a little yellow on my skin but out of the harsh light it matched my skin beautifully. I would definitely recommend this to people with relatively good skin as it is only a light coverage which does require concealer for more stubborn spots. This foundation is also good for people who are not great at make-up as it is easy to apply and blends well. The packaging is a little plasticy and cheap feeling but I hardly think that is a problem as the pump on it lets the foundation out at a nice steady rate giving you good control on the amount you are using. I would definitely buy this again and I have been raving about it to my friends.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by gianne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to say after using this foundation for almost 8 months this is the best foundation I have ever used I love it. It makes my skin look flawless, bright (in a good way not over the top shiny), and healthy.