Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 5/30/2011 6:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

this is an amazing foundation. i initially bought it as i'd heard it was good, but i just wanted a pale foundation to mix with my darker foundations while i was fake tanning.

eventually i stopped fake tanning and i needed a pale foundation! so i remembered this one & used it on it's own. i was/am so impressed by it! it stays on all day, has good coverage but doesn't look like a mask. doesn't cake or flake off my nose like most foundations and it's only £9.99! i cannot praise this stuff enough.

on 5/30/2011 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oui for me. What's not to love? I'm very impressed. This stuff is fantastic for dry skin. My shade is 52 . It leaves my skin with a wonderfully hydrated and dewy looking finish. It's loaded with antioxidants but unfortunately lacks an SPF. No worries. I simply apply my sunscreen mositurizer first, let it settle on my skin for a minute or two and then smooth a drop or two of this on top. Then I walk out the door feeling flawless and flirty. C'est la vie.

on 5/26/2011 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like it, just bought a second bottle of this in shade 51. I can compare it with Diorskin Nude liquid foundation.
Love the coverage as it covers pretty good, my sensitive skin feels comfortable that really makes me happy cause my skin is prone to irritations. I would love this to have SPF, overall I think quality is good for that price, maybe I'd like a better staying power through the day as in the evening (not late) I notice that foundation dissapeared...

on 5/21/2011 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I never thought I would like a high street/drugstore foundation as much as I like this. Blends beautifully, feels so light yet gives the exact coverage that I need. Leaves my skin with a natural, healthy glow.
However, if you are really oily, I can't see this foundation working as good...
I have dry, sensitive skin. I bought this in the lightest shade they do, #51, and it matches my NC10/15 face nicely.
I like to apply with a regular foundation brush on my previously moisturized skin and no streaks whatsoever. Also I don't even use primer and it lasts all day on my dry skin. Maybe a little bit of a loose powder to set it, but sometimes I just leave it as it is.
Nice coverage, great finish, awesome price. I absolutely recommend this.

UPDATE: Now I'm a true nc10 and can't use this alone because isn't light enough... I'll probably mix it with a little bit of white F&B or something. Still love the brilliant texture and coverage though. *prays for paler foundations*

on 5/17/2011 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm so bummed I can't get this product where I live.
It's divine!!! Feels really nice and soft on the skin and the colours are great for people with more yellow undertones, which is rare in the drugstore brands.
It smells lovely too and lasts fairly long on my skin.
I apply it with a traditional foundation brush and set it with just a bit of powder and I'm good for hours.

Love the packaging too, the pump comes in very handy and the plastic bottle is see-through, so I know when I don't have much product left.

Have been using this for several weeks now and I'm super impressed. Never thought I'd ever wear a drugstore foundation again, but this totally compares to MAC and Clinique.

on 5/17/2011 10:04:00 AM

I wasnt too keen on this product i the beggining but after buying this , i fell in love .. The coverage is from light to medium , packaging is OK i guess , kinda cheap looking but not the worst . Amazing glowy/dewy look after application but after a few hours .... ugh my T-Zone and nose are SO oily and greasy ...

on 5/16/2011 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

great foundation.the coverage is between light and medium and the color range is really good.easily comparable with high end makeup.definitely will repurchase.

on 5/14/2011 8:08:00 PM

Healthy Mix is probably my favourite drugstore find to date.
For the past couple of months I went to the high end brands, particularly EL for foundation but they require what I call 'prep work', they must have no flakes, really well moisturised etc. and I dont always have time for that.

On to Healthy Mix
pros
- great colour match for me
- perfect for my skin type (combination-dry)
- natural finish, easy to blend
- decent lasting power (10 hrs, not the 16 it promises though)
- ok price, $32 AUD which is standard for drugstore foundation in Australia.

The only con that comes to mind right now is that for some reason it doesnt look the best on me if I powder over it when Im doing my makeup. I need to wait at least half an hour and then using a powder puff apply powder (MAC studio careblend) to my tzone. The only way it doesnt look cakey.

Ive used this exclusivly for 2 weeks and thats saying something for me!

on 5/13/2011 7:53:00 AM

I love this foundation. It looks really natural while still giving a good coverage. My skin just looks healthy and radiant. Application is easy, it's just the perfect consistency, blends like dream. I use MAC 109 brush and it looks flawless. It's hard too get caked on this foundation.
It has a pretty strong fruity smell but I don't mind. The colour is more to yellow tone, which I like. I use #52 and #53 depending on my makeup mood, but both looks nice (I'm MAC NC20 for reference).
The only downside is it doesn't last long, I need to blot several times a day.

on 5/10/2011 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought this foundation in a shade which ended up being far too dark for me so I can't really comment on the shade range. I will hopefully pick up a lighter shade soon. I love how this applies and feels on the skin. I guess it would be too much for someone with quite oily skin but mine is more combination/normal so it suits me. I am a bit concerned that it made me break out but since the shade was wrong I stopped using it so can't be 100% sure. The packaging is good as it has a pump but sometimes it does feel a bit unsubstantial as it is plastic. However, it's at a reasonable price point so I can't complain! A lot of people have been comparing this to the new Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and have said you should try this before getting the Chanel. I can't say anything on that but just thought I'd mention it!

Video Reviews & Tutorials