July 22, 2014 | 2139 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by paigeturner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have mixed feelings about this product. I have senstive, combination acne-prone skin with massive pores, as well as red acne scarring.
To make life easier, I shall do a list.
Pros:
- excellent medium coverage that is relatively buildable
- glowy, healthy look that doesn't look oily, even on oily areas
- not too expensive (on offer £6.99, fullprive £9.99 I think)
- smells yummy!
- colour match was good for me, ladies of lighter colour there is a good selection

CONS:
- though the coverage is buildable,you have to be careful or it will look cakey
- its really transferable; you hug your man and your face WILL come off on his shirt (and I use a setting powder!)
- it made me breakout BIGTIME.
- ladies of darker colours, the selection isVERY poor :(

if I had nothing else to use, I would use it, but otherwise, I not going to repurchase it.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 8:07:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

I love this foundation, its medium coverage and you can layer it no problem, its glowy rather than dull or matte, it smells great, and looks soooo natural. I have been using laura mercier silk creme for ages now and i liked the coverage it gives me and the glow, but sometimes i feel its just too much, like it feels heavy on and mask like...this foundation in comparison is like a fresh breath of air..its so light, and looks very natural more so than the LM. I bought shade 56 light bronze which is great for my nc32-35 skin and today bought also 54 to try as when i dont have so much tan on and im more nc30 i find the 56 going on too dark. Bought it in Boots UK for £5.99 I think they had some special promotion- beats LM's £33!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2010 4:53:00 AM More reviews by babyfishnat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BREAK OUT CITY! i really like the feel and smell of the foundation for my now normal/dry skin, however i am clog and acne prone, 2 weeks into this i noticed more clogged pores and now i am breaking out. the foundation does smell divine though i would not reccomend this for sensitive skin as most of bourjoi's products are overly fragranced.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by MysticM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Good stuff! Nice semi-satin finish, good medium coverage & nice smell. Skin feels comfy, and its a good match colour-wise. I'm pale, most lighter shades in the drugstore tend to be pinkish, but this is not - I picked 52/Vanilla.

I have dry skin and normally pick things with more 'slip', (eg Chanel vitalumiere/Maybelline Dreamy Cream) This doesn't have slip, but it feels comfortable - most Matte foundations feel like a tight mask on my skin. I have nothing bad to say about it. Gave it 4 lippies, should prob give it 5, but I took one off as its a leeeetle bit 'flat'. Will try an illuminating primer next time. But its great for daytime.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by TheLeatherB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this foundation! I tried it from a sample that came in a magazine. I was not expecting to love it. The color in the sample was not right but I loved the smell and the texture and the way it felt on my skin. So I went to get my color match (52 vanilla) and it's wonderful for me. It give's me a natural look but is buildable if you like better coverage. What I hate about foundations sometimes is how they make you look like you're wearing foundation. For me the most important thing is that my skin looks even but not made-up. This foundation allows my skin to breathe. I would buy again and hope this does not get discontinued, I will buy back ups!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by mysticmaiden2000

I dont normally write review on products but in the past year i have probably tried about 5 different foundations to find my HG.
I used to use benefit non-fiction but they discontinued it and it didnt last great on warm or long days at work, usually melted showing my acne scars thugh the colour match was perfect with no.2 - pale yellow undertones.
In the past year have tried:
1) maybelline dream satin liquid - didnt last long, bit oily, not a good colour match (either too pale or too dark/orange), good consistency and texture.
2) L'oreal true match foundation - too thin, didnt cover great even when layering, colour match no good either too pale or too dark/orange
3) Max Factor lasting performance - very good consistency and lasted well, not too thick or masky, poor colour match, too dark or pale.
4) Revlon colorstay - Lasted very well, good consistency and coverage. Looked too matte, fake, mask-like, too thick in some areas and hard to apply. Looked bad on pictures - too powdery, ghost-like and tired. Colour match wasn't bad but not perfect.

Now on to Bourjois healthy mix, i went to boots to buy the new revlon photoready as saw an advert in boots magazine for it and it was on website, alas not for sale in shops yet. Looked around and saw this, information looked interesting, said it lasts 16hrs and has fruit extracts and is meant to make you look radiant.
It was on offer for £6.99, probably the cheapest price ive paid for a foundation, benefit was £19.50! I tested the colours and thought 53 beige clair suited me best. I also got the concealer which was also on offer.
This foundation is very light in texture and runny, i normally go for slightly thicker foundations to cover acne scars (at 28!) but this covers nicely, and i normally put extra foundation and their concealer on scars or under-eye dark circles.
This actually left me radiant and healthy looking like i had been on holiday, not the fake tan orange look that some foundations give. Doesn't oxidise so stays same colour all day and lasts decent amount when used with smashbox primer and pressed powder.
It has a nice apricot smell which isnt too strong and the bottle has a pump which i love, it is also light and small to put in your handbag if you want.
It is quick to apply, easily buildable and i am pleasantly surprised by this, although it doesnt last as long as it says on my normal to oily skin, more 6-8 hrs and too thin to cover dark under eye circles on its own.
The best part of this foundation is it feels you have nothing on, which is a complete change to revlon colorstay!
I would definately buy this again! Please do not discontinue this!
Edit: been using this for about a month and have had no breakouts and i have occasionally had breakouts from other products previously.

Edit about 2 months after using this product, i have to say i love it and have upgraded it to a 5. It leaves skin feeling healthy, not dry like revlon colourstay and not oily or greasy. Lasts ok, might need a few layers if you have scars to last in summer. Best of all it makes my skin look and feel smooth and doesnt feel like a mask, rarely have to wear concealer, feels light but covers nicely. Have rebought and will keep rebuying, its my HG, finally found what i was looking for!!

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 6:03:00 AM More reviews by jessiev

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised at how much I like this foundation.
I usually stick to HE brands for foundation as I always struggle to find a colour match for my fair skin in DS brands.

Despite being on a foundation no-buy I caved and purchased this after being fed up with the other ones in my stash. I got lucky as I really like this product. I am NC15-20 and wear this in Vanille Clair which is a pretty good match. The consistency reminds me of the new BB long lasting foundation but the coverage is much better and buildable without feeling heavy.

It lasts pretty well although not the 16hrs that it claims. However I have combo-oily skin so may perform better on normal skin.

Oil control is average. I set with powder and need to blot a couple of times a day but this is normal for me (the only foundations that I don't need to do this with are EL DW and Colorstay but can't find colour matches!).

Overall - really happy with this foundation!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I generally spend more on foundations and love very fluid-y foundations (my preference is Moisturising foundation by Bobbi in Warm Natural/Honey). If I want a more velvety fuller coverage I go for MAC Studio sculpt in NC42/44.

I bought this on a whim from Boots (a UK drugstore) as they had it on introductory offer for £6.99. I bought the colour 58 which was the darkest. I actually really liked it and used a skunk brush which made it even more sheerer. The pump is quite easily depressed and so u might get more than you want. The colour is slightly darker for me but then I find I always buy 2 colour and mix for my colour.

I may go get the lighter colour as well but I really liked it. The consistency is similar to Bobbi's and you get a really nice finish. Im not sure oily skins would like it but if you are normal to dry try it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by SCL

I had read bad reviews about this but I actually quite like it, if I use one pump it's very sheer which I like but for more coverage I'll use two pumps. It smells lovely and blends well, I use an ELF brush to apply.
Pump action bottle is always good in my opinion and I like the label...!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm a n10/15 and use #51 [Vanilla] in HEALTHY MIX.

When I first pumped some HEALTHY MIX onto my finger it looked a little darker then the tester (so annoying. Rimmel have also caught me out with this trick), but it’s really easy to blend into the skin.

HEALTHY MIX has a silky, semi-matt finish, so my skin is nice and glowy. Given my lacklustre skin tone, I think this is close to miraculous! Best of all: HEALTHY MIX feels light (despite the medum to full coverage), plus there are no patches of dry skin at the end of the day.

I love the glass bottle. It's very easy to grip. The price is about the same as most UK d/s brands now-a-days and for the quality of the product it's a bargin.