Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 7/31/2011 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I do not like this foundation much at all. The fragrance is ridiculously strong and irritates my sensitive skin...the coverage is light which is nice for everyday but I couldn't find a decent colour match for my NC25 skin - the lightest was too light, the second to light was too dark. Lasting power is not good on me which is saying something as all my other TM's/foundations/BB creams last throughout the day with no primer or touchups whatsoever. Worst of all it breaks me out like crazy in cystic pimples across my chin and forehead each time I've used it. I don't break out unless I'm on my period really so I knew this was the culprit. Pricey for DS aswell. I would not repurchase.

on 7/31/2011 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

First off I just love the fruity scent! The foundation gives a light coverage so using additional concealer on problem areas is a must. On me it does not last a full working day and I do have to touch up. I did like the shade selection available. This gives a nice matte finish so I do not bother with powder. I know this foundation has been nominated in the best of drugstore foundations for a quite a few awards in the UK recently and although it is fairly decent I would not say it is ground breaking. Update: Clings to dry patches I dont get this effect with other foundations I use so it got binned.

on 7/31/2011 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this from priceline when they had 3 for 2 several weeks ago, used it as my everyday foundation since. I like it so far for the following reasons:

+ smell, I like the scent and that was one of the main reason I bought it. I couldn't stop sniffing it after I tried it out on my hand. it's a natural fruity scent.

+ price, 32 aud for a foundation is really the standard price for drugstore foundation in Australia. 3 for 2 had reduced the foundation to about 21ish (I bought 3 foundations from Bourjois ), and that makes it cheap, for Australia.

+ texture, It is very light and feels really good on the skin. I like that it is a very liquid foundation and easy to blend, and how my skin can still breath underneath it even if I build it up. It is moisturizing and gives a nice subtle glow. It might not be for people who like matt finish. I thought I liked matt finish before I started to use this, and now I totally like this semi-matt /subtle dewy finish over matt. You can use your fingers to apply for a very sheer coverage, and it looks more dewy in my opinion; or use a flat top brush to build to a medium coverage and it will looks more matt. Put setting powder will make it more matt too. I personally likes the flexibility.

+ staying power, I like the staying power so far for such a light foundation. It hasn't slide off my face in the end of the day . I do get oily in about 4 hours after applying this foundation but that's just a common problems for me with all foundations. Using flat top foundation brush will make this foundation last longer too. I usually use a sponge to tap my face after applied foundation, I found this trick to be very helpful for setting the foundation, avoiding fecundation looking like its just setting on top of your face, and making it last longer. However I think staying power may depend on the climate. As Australian climate is very dry (especially in the west), dry wind may eliminate my face getting oily or foundation slide off.

+ haven't made me break out. I have acne and some foundations break me out. This one hasn't so I can safely use it everyday.

There're also things that I don't like about this foundation :

- the shade: I am using shade 53 which I originally thought is yellow based, and the colour looks nature on my face. After using it for a few days I couldn't stay away from the mirror because I always feel the colour is not right on my face. It seems to be a tiny bit darker than my skin tone and tiny bit orange in my colour. I don't know if it is just me being paranoid (I have been struggle to find a perfect match for my skin tone but haven't had any luck so far, all the foundations colours I've tried looks weird on my face ), but I'm pretty sure it is not a perfect match for me at the moment. Maybe it will look more nature when I get a tiny bit colour from the sun. I am even thinking about getting a lighter shade to mix my own colour.

- the coverage, I don't have good skin. I have blemishes, acne scars etc. and this does not cover them all. It can build up to a medium coverage but that still won't cover all my blemishes. But since this is so light and feels so nature on the skin, this is really a minor flaw.

- It is a foundation with some good ingredients in it, It is called a healthy mix foundation and marketed as having good thing for your skin. but it also has all the usual ingredients that aren't so good to skin.

Overall I like this foundation, it is good so far, but will keep update with how I go with it.

on 7/31/2011 9:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE LOVE this product, applied 10am, shopped, watched the All Blacks play amazing rugby, went out for Thai (hot and spicy), and when I finally got home around 10pm, looked in the mirror, my makeup was still perfect. This is going to be a permanent in my bag, have used all the high end brands with mixed feelings. I was told by the sales lady that Bourjois is made in or by the same factory as Chanel so that may explain the quality?????. True or not true I don't know but I don't care as I love the stuff and will now look at the full range. Lisa Eldridge rates all of it especially the glosses.(She has her own website by the way which is addictive for makeup junkies like me!!!)

on 7/31/2011 3:55:00 AM

Oh, such a good highstreet/drugstore foundation! Perfect medium coverage, invisible on the skin (just blends more beautifully than any other foundation I've used, even high-end ones), good colours for those with yellow undertones, and smells lovely but not overpowering. If desperate for time, I can use this without even using a mirror, such is its natural finish and blending capability. Really nice to use.

on 7/25/2011 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this foundation. It really is long lasting. I love the scent, it smells like peaches and apricots. It gives you a semi-matte finish and medium coverage.The packaging is nice too, the pump is still working after one year of use. I do wish it was a little more hydrating and that it had SPF in it. I am a NW15 and I use the shade 51 which is a tiny bit too dark for me but perfect for summer. The shades seem quite yellow/peachy-toned to me.
Edit: I don't think this is really suitable for dry skin, it seems to emphasize dry flakes. I discovered how great lighter foundations (MUFE and MAC's Face and body or even Bourjois's 10 hour sleep effect) looked on me so I'm never going back to this unless my skin changes significantly. I do still think it's one of the if not the best drugstore options for normal, combination and maybe even oily skin. The only way this works nice and natural on me is if I apply it with a wet sponge but then the coverage is significantly lighter.

on 7/25/2011 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I ordered this in shade 51 Vanille Clair, and it's almost a decent match for my N12 skin. It's just a tad too yellow. The foundation itself is kind of runny and thin, and it gives a light, sheer finish. So if you're looking for a full face of makeup, this may not be the foundation for you. But what I like about Healthy Mix is that my face never feels heavy or suffocated when I'm wearing it. It doesn't feel like I'm wearing any foundation, which is nice sometimes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Well I update my review,it's a brilliant foundation,I bought flower perfection and I liked it too but healthy mix is gorgeous ,it makes your skin glow,no dry patch no shiny zone, no mask effect.
the color 53 match me perfectly but again it oxidise a bit ,the texture is lovely and glides smoothly ,I have clinique super balance and I have been using it for many years but I have to confess for a fraction of price ,Bourjois healthy mix wins for me

on 7/20/2011 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Bought this on a whim today after reading the reviews here on MUA. Absolutely amazing foundation. The colors are neutral, slightly leaning towards yellow. The texture is silky and light, and the finish is perfection. One pump covered my whole fac nicely, and set to a dewy finish that didn't really require powder. I am an NC15 and got this in 51, with perfect match. If this continues to perform, I will be buying a few bottles before heading home to the US.

I bought this product when in search of a liquid foundation that isn't drying that would give me slightly more coverage than my tinted moisturiser but still looking natural. Essentially, an everyday foundation for the bad skin days. I bought this based on the amazing reviews here on MUA.

I was definitely glad I gave it a try, the price is respectable at £9.99, I usually get more high end foundations. The finish is great, can't even tell I'm wearing foundation. Doesn't get in my dry flakes, just gives a soft focus effect. No break outs for me either! The texture is like a syrupy liquid, I think this is due to the silicones in it. For reference, I am an NC30 in the summer (when I'm writing this review), but I really ought to be NC25. I purchased this in 55 Dark beige as 54 looked a bit light in the store. I am one of those people who wear foundations a bit darker than they should because my usual skintone (say in winter) is NC20 and when tanned I drop to NC30. I found 55 was pushing the boundaries of NC30 for me. The reason why I plumped for the darker is because I knew I'd use a brightening powder on top and I thought if I opted for 54 I might look too pale. I feel like there is a tinge of orange in this so I'm being cautious and light handed, but these cons are entirely my fault for not buying 54 which in retrospect was probably better for when my tan fades in Autumn. I appreciate that the foundations aren't pinky. I hate pinky based foundations and am defo pro the yellow tones. All in all if you want a light-medium coverage with a natural soft finish, I would recommend this for sure, especially at the bargain price. I'll still use this whilst summer lasts and then rebuy 54 for winter.

SHADE MATCHER
(thought I'd make a comprehensive list of all the shade match ups of all the reviews-healthy mix vs. MAC!)

51= 4 ppl say NC/W10, 3 say NC/W15, 2 say NC/W20
52= 4 ppl say NC/W20, 2 ppl say NC/W25
53= 1 say NC/W20, 2 say NC/W25, 1 say Nc/W27, 2 say NC/W30
54= 1 say NC/W20, 2 say NC/W30
55= 1 say NC/W30, 3 say NC/W35
56= 1 say NC/W34, 1 say NC/W35

As you can see, there is a lot of overlap, but hope this helps people narrow down the search. I think it's more a personal preference as to whether you prefer to look on the lighter side or tanned side of your natural shade. If in doubt aim in the middle. The finish is natural looking enough to get away with the shade either side.

Video Reviews & Tutorials