Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 4/20/2011 1:17:00 PM

I actually love this foundation! I've got it in the lighest shade and I am so pleased that it matches my skin tone as with most foundations the lightest shades make me look orange. I apply with a foundation brush and it goes on easily and I just blend with my fingers. It gives medium coverage and I just cover up the redness still showing with my concealer. I really like this product which is why I was so dissapointed with the healthy mix concealer but that's in that review. The only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is that when you first apply it it does look very shiny. However with translucent powder it ends up looking very natural and gives your skin a healthy look.

on 4/10/2011 2:03:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product is pricey retailing at AU$32 however it is worth every cent and holds the title of my all time favourite foundation!

I use shade 53 which is a yellow-toned beige which is a perfect match for my skin tone.

This product has a gorgeous satin finish with a medium-full coverage, therefore I need to use only minimal concealer under my eye area - I have horrible visible veins. Very easy to blend and build, while feeling light on the skin. This product has a light fruity scent which disappears soon after application but woudn't bother me at all if it lingered. I don't mind the plastic packaging either, and I love the pump applicator!
It's staying power is quite good - it doesn't last a full 10 hour day however it would last much longer if kept blotting sheets or a loose powder handy throughout the day..

I stocked up on this product when Target had a 50% off Bourjois sale. I truly believe the overall condition of my skin has improved since I began using this product and I'm going to stick with a good thing! Love!!

on 4/8/2011 4:53:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Before starting I have to say I DO have oily skin, so that is obviously a factor.. But overall, I would repurchase this foundation. I tend to mix it in with my moisturizer for a lovely tinted glow, as I found when I applied this as I would regular foundation it tended to rub & smear off within hours. Needless to say, it does not break me out & is a nice light coverage perfect for Summer! I also apply my Full Cover concealer (MUFE) over it & I notice that a lot of foundations with heavier coverage underneath my MUFE give off a really terribly fake look. With a decent primer & powder I believe this foundation is perfect! & would be even more perfect for me if my skin wasn't so ridiculously oily :) x

on 4/4/2011 1:27:00 PM

I had high hopes for this foundation based on all the nice reviews, but it didn't work so well for me. I received this in a swap and I did manage to find a great color match, and I will admit the foundation looks very nice after initial application. But the staying power is virtually zilch, and things don't look so hot after a few hours. The formula is light feeling, and the coverage was light to medium as well, and I need at least medium to full coverage, and something that lasts at least 6-8 hours. So, won't be buying this.

on 4/4/2011 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Why did I buy this product?
I put this product on this morning ( I must admit I used my fingers as I.needed to wash my brush but didn't have time). I didn't have my curtains open, so no natural light was let in whilst i was putting it on. Is never used it before, but I thought it seemed quite good. It had a semi-matter, dry finish ( my skin is oily, so I hate wearing things that make my skin even more greasy). I then got changed, opened the curtains and looked in the mirror again. Yuck!! I had a bad experience once with dream matter mousse. I realised one day that after a few hours the foundation looked flakey and awful. I've never worn it since, I was so horrified I had been walking round like that! But the healthy mix foundation looked like this on application! I immediately wiped it off. I will try this again, but I doubt its my method of application that's at fault, I can only hope the shop will refund a crappy product.

on 4/3/2011 6:27:00 AM

I loved this foundation! there are so many good things about it!
a) coverage (i found that this foundation was great at giving semi-full coverage. I loved the dewiness as well, it actually made my skin look like skin and not look like id caked on foundation! The dewiness also gave my skin just a fresh look to it! i really loved it and im normally more of a matte girl, but i think im converted after this!

b) packaging (Im not keen on pumps that push the product up so that you dont "waste" any product. i find this has the complete opposite affect and that you see sooo much more product disappear!

c) colour range (the only bad thing about this foundation. i use a mix of the darkest two shades! 55 and 56 now seriously, i am an nc35-37. what are people darker then me meant to do!?! I have read somewhere that you can get 57 or 58? but i havent seen these shades in australia. Infact in priceline the darkest shade i can often find is 54. Target is the only place where i can find 55 and 56! The only reason why i mix the shades is because 55 isnt quite dark enough but 56 is too much of a pink toned shade. But 55 is more yellow toned.

d) Scent (im probably the only person that cant stand the smell!! its to sweet and in your face!! and kind of just lingers.... lol

e) Application (I liked this best with a 187 style brush and stippling it on. i didnt like using my fingers at all, or a 190 brush. 187 is the best for this product.

f) staying power (doesnt tend to last a long time.... my nose really needed to be blotted by lunchtime and my forehead as they were very shiny!!! but not the best as far as staying power

g) price (at around $30 aud, im not that keen to repurchase esp as i need two shades. i got mine when target was having 50% off bourjois)

on 3/29/2011 8:11:00 AM

This for me is the drugstore equivalent for Pro Lumiere with one comment: Healthy Mix works much better for me. I had both Mat Lumiere and Pro Lumiere and hated them. I just don't get along with Chanel foundations at all.
Healthy Mix is a medium coverage foundation that feels very light on the skin, it is not too matte, not too dewy either and the finish is gorgeus. Although this is the only drugstore foundation I have, I am using it on a daily basis, leaving aside all the Chanel and Dior foundations. It did not break me out, did not dry my skin or made it oilier, did not make my skin better either, it just did what a foundation is supposed to do: cover minor imperfections and provide a good base for the rest of your make-up. But it did this in a better way than all the foundations I tried before and this is why I am going to purchase this again unless I find something better. I am not the 1 foundation type of girl, I like to have at least 5 depending on what look I want to achieve. For me applying make up is as important as choosing what clothes to wear for the day.
I'd say this foundations suits all types of skin except for maybe oily types. If you're looking for something very light, this might not be for you and if you're looking for full coverage I won't understand you because full coverage foundation doesn't look good on anyone. Better use a medium coverage foundation and use concealer just where you need it (Photoshop is the worst invention, I swear). Very good foundation for the price - approx. 16 Eur (22 USD) where I leave, in Europe. I'd say give it a try, chances are that you might like it as much as I do.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really like this foundation,it's creamy and very light and the end result will make your skin looking natural.I haven't noticed the scent it's very subtle to me but it doesn't have the "Foundation" smell I hate like some others.The lasting power to me isn't that great.I'm really clumsy so the plastic container is a plus to me as I'm prone to dropping everything I lay my hands on.The pump is another convenient feature allowing easy application.Overall,I recommend it.

on 3/25/2011 9:25:00 AM

This product made me break out terribly! I'm devastated as my skin has been so much 'calmer' in the last 3 years with just the occasional pimple here and there after years of teenage acne. My skin is sensitive and acne prone so I was already very skeptical as I'm paranoid of trying new products on my face. I read the great reviews and was excited to try this foundation. Sadly it didn't work for me as I wanted something that looked natural but with more coverage than my everyday minerals foundation to cover the old scars.

Contrary to most of the reviews here, the foundation felt like it was 'sitting' on my skin and didn't look very natural; this was with finger application. With a kabuki brush stippled, it looked much better, but still not very natural. It might be due to my comparison to mineral make up that delivers a more natural finish.

on 3/23/2011 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I wanted to like this so bad! It's a reasonable price, the packaging is good, and everyone raves about it. I got all excited thinking I was buying a potential HG.

Sadly the colour range doesn't work for me. It's very yellow toned, so if you're not....the colour may match but you'll look sallow. Why would I want to look sallow?? I wore it at the weekend but had forgotten to bring my blusher and my family all got concerned that I was looking pale and wan. The colour wasn't too pale for me - it was just the undertone.

Application takes a suprising amount of product - there's very little "slip" to it, so you have to work it a bit. And then it hasn't got great lasting power and I've had to touch up in late afternoon.

But I can see how someone would become fond of it, cos if it stayed put on you and you were warm toned, it could be nice. The finish, for instance, is lovely. A true satin finish - not matte, but not too glowy. Your skin does look good with it.

I'm undecided as to whether to dump it or not - it does have some pro's, and I can try to make it work with translucent powder. Just not sure if it's worth the effort, to be honest.

EDITED: I decided to make a home-made tinted moisteriser with this by mixing it with moisteriser 50/50 on the back of my hand. It actually improved it a lot. The coverage is still the same, but the "slip" is much MUCH better and it's easier to work with.

Video Reviews & Tutorials