October 24, 2014 | 1898 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I picked this up on a whim because the color seemed to be a really good match and the smell was really nice (it smells like apricots). I didn't expect to like it this much at all. I've worn it for 3 months or so while occasionally changing to other products, but this is probably the best foundation I've ever personally found. For one, the finish is very silky and smooth and looks gorgeous (however, it's a little dewy so it's not for people who want to look completely matte). Despite providing pretty good coverage it doesn't feel heavy at all, and doesn't settle into your dry patches or fine lines. Also, it doesn't break me out, which I can say of very few products unfortunately. When I'm wearing this I feel good about my skin. I'm not sure if it lasts 16 hours but it does last a pretty decent amount of time (a whole workday, with only occasional touching up). I keep trying out other foundations just to see what they're like, but I definitely like this one the best of all the foundations I've ever tried. I would recommend to anyone who wants to have a nice, clean, natural-looking base.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by MissBecca1989

This foundation is a great product considering it is relatively cheap and a drug store brand. I never really use cheaper foundations and normally use lancome so once i ran out i thought i'd give this a try. Firstly, the colours are one of the biggest downsides of this product as they are limited, so getting a perfect match is difficult. The packaging is great and esures zero wastage which gives you more bang for your buck. The consistency is great and blends well, which means only a little is needed to cover a lot of your face. The product does have a strong fragrance which is pleasant but it isnt that noticable after a while. In terms of staying power and overall look, its good but not great. It does get oily after a few hours even with a setting powder but the overall look is nice once you've just applied it. I'd keep this as a back up foundation and look for another everyday foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used Revlon Colorstay for about a month and thought I had finally finished my search for a foundation that played well with my oily skin. Unfortunately, as much as I loved the staying power, at 38 it made my large pores and fine lines look worse, not to mention that after about a month I felt like my skin was dehydrated from using it. SOOOO, went to Ulta, AGAIN, on the prowl for a good foundation. 2 hrs later, ran across Healthy mix for $25. Tested on my hand and liked the finish/coverage, bottle said it lasted 16 hrs so I thought I would give it a try. Love the coverage, love the smell, love the pump, like the finish but I cannot say it lasts 16 hrs. BUT, no more issues with lines and pores looking awful, it doesn't break me out (which photoready did), it does require touch ups but I guess it is a pay off for the creamier finish. I use a mattifying gel and set it with loose powder and it looks great. I give it an overeall rating of 4 only because it claims to last longer than it really does (which seems to be a common complaint) however it does not take away from all of the good things about it. I will definitely stick with this foundation. Just for reference I am an C30-C40 (winter/summer) in MAC and use 55 in this brand.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by doylej

I bought this today after looking into it on quite a few websites and reading every review possible - I always do this when buying a new foundation as I don't need to muck up my skin, which is naturally very good with no scarring and I never really get spots, just the odd red bump.
However, my skin's pale. Not just pale like a lighter tanned shade, I am literally a little bit darker than pure white, but with freckles which make me seem darker, but only on my cheeks. This is usually a problem, and I have to just buy a foundation to suit my freckles due to the serious lack of a pale foundation.

When I heard about this, I thought I had to try it. So today, I did. My first thoughts were that the packaging didn't seem exactly flimsy - it just seemed that the plastic was quite thin. Fortunately, I cart my makeup around in a hard makeup case, so it's very unlikely that this foundation will smash, proving my theory of how thin it is.

I first tried to put it on earlier on, using my fingers to blend it. It went much darker than it seemed from the outside of the packaging. I wasn't really annoyed, because it was like all the previous foundations; the same color as my freckles.

However, I later came across a foundation sponge at the bottom of my makeup case, and thought I'd give it another try.

What I did was put the base coat onto my fingers and rub it in - but not using as much. After the base coat, I put more foundation onto the sponge and used that over it. I can happily say it blended WAY better, and it is really the color it is from the outside. Well, it's actually a bit lighter, which for me is a good thing.

The coverage is good - very build-able, you can use it as a quick foundation or spend a while building it up. I quite like my freckles, I would say that people with freckles who need their skin perfected but would still like the freckles to be visible would like this foundation.

I wouldn't as much recommend it to my younger sister who seems keen on this craze of literally patting the foundation down, giving a cake look... This foundation is for people who know what foundation is really for - not to give color as so many teenagers seem to think. It is for people who know how to use a foundation, and know HOW they want to use a foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2010 4:24:00 AM More reviews by katerinak

After hearing good things about this foundation, I went out and bought it today!

I was very excited about it so I thought I'd write my first review on it. It's only been about an hour since i first tried it on, so I can't comment on how long it lasts but I can say that when i first put it on it looked fantastic! Probably the best foundation I've ever bought (not that I have bought many). It smelled really nice (of fruit), a nice change to my last foundation, Rimmel colourstay which smelled of paint :|

It's a little bit runny but that's no problem, it goes on very smoothly and looks super natural - practically like I'm hardly wearing any foundation. It also matches my skin tone perfectly (which is lucky since i was in a huge rush and hardly had time to test it properly) - I bought shade 51 Vanille claire I think it's called. It has yellow undertones.

When it dries, it is slightly matte, giving a very natural look. I do have skin that's on the oily side, so I'm not sure how long it'll be able to hold out before I need to touch up but i'll edit when I find out.

I picked it up at Target (in Australia) for $32 AUD. Overall, my first impressions are of a fantastic foundation! The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging is plastic and feels a bit flimsy, but that doesn't really bother me because it's the stuff inside that I want! :P

I'll edit if (by some very very sad chance) I find something wrong with it.

EDIT: still in love :D I do get shiny faster than I did with the revlon colourstay, but I think the pros of the foundation outweigh that con.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2010 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Bexicle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like this foundation. I read reviews on here and wanted something lighter than Colorstay for summer, so I went and bought it.
It made my chin break out like absolute crazy, turning enflamed pores into large bumps in a few hours.

I am pretty fair, Nicola Roberts fair, and the lightest shade of this 51 - vanilla clair, goes on custard yellow but oxidises orange after a couple of minutes.

This foundation advertises itself as having a 'dewy and healthy' look, but it will only stay like that if you do not powder it, yet if you powder it; it becomes very obvious.

I think this is just the discontinued Repulpant boosting foundation with a different scent in it. Only good thing is that it has a suction like pump dispenser which closes up the more foundation you use, so no wastage. But poor foundation 0/5

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2010 9:59:00 AM More reviews by makeupdork

I don't often use foundation, this was my first liquid foundation. My first purchase was the bare minerals starter kit, but since my skin is a bit dry at some places at this moment I wanted to try a liquid foundation. I like the smell, and the packaging is also good. I always apply it with a damp sponge, for me this works very well. I bought it because it says to be a 'healthy foundation'. I don't know about that, but it makes my skin feel soft and comfortable. It gives me a beautiful glow. I don't think it lasts al day, my skin is oily at my t-zone, but since I just use a little bit it doesn't bothers me. Overall I think this is a good drugstore foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by slou02

The smell of this product is gorgeous, which I suppose is because of all the fruity ingredients.The shade I bought was 53, which was the highest there was in the store (51-53). I'm not sure if thats the highest that is available, I would assume not, as the shade was quite light and I would have like something just a little bit darker. My skin is oily so I needed to keep applying powder throughout the day, but it is worth it because the foundation goes on well and blends well. The packaging was ok, and I like the pump as it is hygienic

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2010 12:08:00 AM More reviews by JamieKiddo

When i first bought this product i ahve to admit it was because i heard that it smelt so good because of all of the fruit mixtures that are in it, but i have to admit this is a pretty decent foundation for a drugstore brand, although i dont really like the packaging, in my opinion i have always noticed that Bourjois have taken pride in the appreance and quality of they're products but i really did not like the plastic kind of foundation bottle, it looks really cheap and when you compare it to the way other Bourjois products look, like they're bronzing powder Délice de Poudre the one thats made to look and smell like a block of chocolate there really isnt any competition, the coverage is medium although it is very buildable, the consistency isnt too thick and not too runny so its just perfect and doesnt feel cakey on your skin and as i mentioned it does smell amazing so you dont get that paint like smell on your face like you do with some foundations.
Overall this is a good product and the packaging is obviously something you can get over.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by lottymmm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've always stuck to clinique foundations but was wondering through superdrug, they had a 3 for 2 promotion and after picking up a blush and mascara i thought i'd take my chances and go for a new foundation.

1. amazing colour match for me!
2. I'm very freckly the coverage is just right, you can still see my freckles i don't look cakey and it evens out my skin. :)
3. feels very smooth.. actually makes me think my skins like flawless (obvs isn't but it makes you feel good)
4. decent price... beats 30 odd pounds i was paying before.

i've not been using it that long and i've seen a few people talk about break outs. 75% of my time i have some sort of spots usually on my chin and i can honestly say it's been pretty good so far. :)

over all ... a nice change, lovely natural coverage and glow, decent price, good colours (baring in mind i used 52 the second lightest shade)

thankyou bourjois!!!!