Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 8/6/2011 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wholeheartedly believe that this is an amazing product!!! Maybe not my HG cuz I'm more into MUFE HD foundation and the FACE AND BODY one I think that this is exceptional.. I have quite good skin... not a lot of breakouts or anything and I use it everyday for some undetectable coverage... Indeed one of my classmates commented on my perfect skin one day and told me when I explained that I wear make up, that she never realized that.. so... you can draw your conclusions.. the sole reason why I won't rebuy it is because I shop from high end brands now.... but I totally recommend it to people with quite nice skin who don't wanna spend a lot of money on foundations....

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

UPDATE AFTER SEVERAL MONTHS USE: I still really like this foundation. The amount of people who say I look well when I am wearing it is huge! Never had that before. One downside though, I currently have a bad breakout and this stuff just doesn't cover it well enough, so I have had to mix it with Colorstay. However, all round this is still great stuff.
ORIGINAL REVIEW
For reference I am NC15 with acne prone skin,somee red patches too. This is a really good foundation. And I mean really good! I applied it straight after removing Revlon Colorstay so I had a direct comparison of coverage and application.
Shades: I can only speak for my own skin tone, but the lightest Healthy Mix foundation was perfect for me. Nicely yellow toned.
Application: Lovely. The consistency is lovely and light, and feels sort of like a gel. Went on smoother than any other base I've ever used and glided over my dry patches without clinging to them. Covered up my red bits better than Colorstay.
Coverage: Medium. It is slightly buildable, and doesn't clog anywhere. My red patches are covered and I had to use concealer on my spots also, but I expected that. Gives a dewy matte finish. Really did make my face look much more radiant. Was very impressed by that aspect.
Durability: Well, for example, it's a very hot day today and I've been sweating while chasing round after my little boy and also went out in e heat to run errands. It has stayed matte very well. No oilies, just a little dewiness on the cheek which actually looks nice.
Packaging: Quite standard really, I appreciate the plastic bottle as it won't break like glass can, and I love the pump.
The price is good too. I paid a tenner for this in the UK.
Really impressed, this is as close as I've ever come to HG!

It's good.

on 8/1/2011 2:07:00 AM

its a really good foundation and its good for your skin, its £9.99 which is quite expensive but its definately worth it! i would like the packaging better if it was a glass bottle instead of plastic but its still good! it smells AMAZING and i would definately buy it again. Its light coverage but can be built up to more full coverage.The colour shades are not amazing for lighter skin tones but i found the perfect skin tone for me(number 51-light vanilla) its 16 hour wear but i doubt it stays on that long (i have never worn it that long) but it lasts long. You may think this is gonna improve your skin but its just gonna keep it healthy but not do anything to change it (except make you look good)You get 30ml in the bottle, and you can see how much you get. it is quite a neutral based colour so its good for skin tones.it says its very glowy which it is without powder and i have had it for few months now and its still got lots left.My sister tried out a revlon foundation and i asked her if it was good and she said no Bourjois healthy mix foundation is the best foundation ever! Overall i would definatley reccomend this product and i will definatley buy it again!

on 7/31/2011 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I do not like this foundation much at all. The fragrance is ridiculously strong and irritates my sensitive skin...the coverage is light which is nice for everyday but I couldn't find a decent colour match for my NC25 skin - the lightest was too light, the second to light was too dark. Lasting power is not good on me which is saying something as all my other TM's/foundations/BB creams last throughout the day with no primer or touchups whatsoever. Worst of all it breaks me out like crazy in cystic pimples across my chin and forehead each time I've used it. I don't break out unless I'm on my period really so I knew this was the culprit. Pricey for DS aswell. I would not repurchase.

on 7/31/2011 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

First off I just love the fruity scent! The foundation gives a light coverage so using additional concealer on problem areas is a must. On me it does not last a full working day and I do have to touch up. I did like the shade selection available. This gives a nice matte finish so I do not bother with powder. I know this foundation has been nominated in the best of drugstore foundations for a quite a few awards in the UK recently and although it is fairly decent I would not say it is ground breaking. Update: Clings to dry patches I dont get this effect with other foundations I use so it got binned.

on 7/31/2011 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this from priceline when they had 3 for 2 several weeks ago, used it as my everyday foundation since. I like it so far for the following reasons:

+ smell, I like the scent and that was one of the main reason I bought it. I couldn't stop sniffing it after I tried it out on my hand. it's a natural fruity scent.

+ price, 32 aud for a foundation is really the standard price for drugstore foundation in Australia. 3 for 2 had reduced the foundation to about 21ish (I bought 3 foundations from Bourjois ), and that makes it cheap, for Australia.

+ texture, It is very light and feels really good on the skin. I like that it is a very liquid foundation and easy to blend, and how my skin can still breath underneath it even if I build it up. It is moisturizing and gives a nice subtle glow. It might not be for people who like matt finish. I thought I liked matt finish before I started to use this, and now I totally like this semi-matt /subtle dewy finish over matt. You can use your fingers to apply for a very sheer coverage, and it looks more dewy in my opinion; or use a flat top brush to build to a medium coverage and it will looks more matt. Put setting powder will make it more matt too. I personally likes the flexibility.

+ staying power, I like the staying power so far for such a light foundation. It hasn't slide off my face in the end of the day . I do get oily in about 4 hours after applying this foundation but that's just a common problems for me with all foundations. Using flat top foundation brush will make this foundation last longer too. I usually use a sponge to tap my face after applied foundation, I found this trick to be very helpful for setting the foundation, avoiding fecundation looking like its just setting on top of your face, and making it last longer. However I think staying power may depend on the climate. As Australian climate is very dry (especially in the west), dry wind may eliminate my face getting oily or foundation slide off.

+ haven't made me break out. I have acne and some foundations break me out. This one hasn't so I can safely use it everyday.

There're also things that I don't like about this foundation :

- the shade: I am using shade 53 which I originally thought is yellow based, and the colour looks nature on my face. After using it for a few days I couldn't stay away from the mirror because I always feel the colour is not right on my face. It seems to be a tiny bit darker than my skin tone and tiny bit orange in my colour. I don't know if it is just me being paranoid (I have been struggle to find a perfect match for my skin tone but haven't had any luck so far, all the foundations colours I've tried looks weird on my face ), but I'm pretty sure it is not a perfect match for me at the moment. Maybe it will look more nature when I get a tiny bit colour from the sun. I am even thinking about getting a lighter shade to mix my own colour.

- the coverage, I don't have good skin. I have blemishes, acne scars etc. and this does not cover them all. It can build up to a medium coverage but that still won't cover all my blemishes. But since this is so light and feels so nature on the skin, this is really a minor flaw.

- It is a foundation with some good ingredients in it, It is called a healthy mix foundation and marketed as having good thing for your skin. but it also has all the usual ingredients that aren't so good to skin.

Overall I like this foundation, it is good so far, but will keep update with how I go with it.

on 7/31/2011 9:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE LOVE this product, applied 10am, shopped, watched the All Blacks play amazing rugby, went out for Thai (hot and spicy), and when I finally got home around 10pm, looked in the mirror, my makeup was still perfect. This is going to be a permanent in my bag, have used all the high end brands with mixed feelings. I was told by the sales lady that Bourjois is made in or by the same factory as Chanel so that may explain the quality?????. True or not true I don't know but I don't care as I love the stuff and will now look at the full range. Lisa Eldridge rates all of it especially the glosses.(She has her own website by the way which is addictive for makeup junkies like me!!!)

on 7/31/2011 3:55:00 AM

Oh, such a good highstreet/drugstore foundation! Perfect medium coverage, invisible on the skin (just blends more beautifully than any other foundation I've used, even high-end ones), good colours for those with yellow undertones, and smells lovely but not overpowering. If desperate for time, I can use this without even using a mirror, such is its natural finish and blending capability. Really nice to use.

on 7/25/2011 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this foundation. It really is long lasting. I love the scent, it smells like peaches and apricots. It gives you a semi-matte finish and medium coverage.The packaging is nice too, the pump is still working after one year of use. I do wish it was a little more hydrating and that it had SPF in it. I am a NW15 and I use the shade 51 which is a tiny bit too dark for me but perfect for summer. The shades seem quite yellow/peachy-toned to me.
Edit: I don't think this is really suitable for dry skin, it seems to emphasize dry flakes. I discovered how great lighter foundations (MUFE and MAC's Face and body or even Bourjois's 10 hour sleep effect) looked on me so I'm never going back to this unless my skin changes significantly. I do still think it's one of the if not the best drugstore options for normal, combination and maybe even oily skin. The only way this works nice and natural on me is if I apply it with a wet sponge but then the coverage is significantly lighter.

Video Reviews & Tutorials