September 15, 2014 | 880 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2010 9:59:00 AM More reviews by makeupdork

I don't often use foundation, this was my first liquid foundation. My first purchase was the bare minerals starter kit, but since my skin is a bit dry at some places at this moment I wanted to try a liquid foundation. I like the smell, and the packaging is also good. I always apply it with a damp sponge, for me this works very well. I bought it because it says to be a 'healthy foundation'. I don't know about that, but it makes my skin feel soft and comfortable. It gives me a beautiful glow. I don't think it lasts al day, my skin is oily at my t-zone, but since I just use a little bit it doesn't bothers me. Overall I think this is a good drugstore foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by slou02

The smell of this product is gorgeous, which I suppose is because of all the fruity ingredients.The shade I bought was 53, which was the highest there was in the store (51-53). I'm not sure if thats the highest that is available, I would assume not, as the shade was quite light and I would have like something just a little bit darker. My skin is oily so I needed to keep applying powder throughout the day, but it is worth it because the foundation goes on well and blends well. The packaging was ok, and I like the pump as it is hygienic

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2010 12:08:00 AM More reviews by JamieKiddo

When i first bought this product i ahve to admit it was because i heard that it smelt so good because of all of the fruit mixtures that are in it, but i have to admit this is a pretty decent foundation for a drugstore brand, although i dont really like the packaging, in my opinion i have always noticed that Bourjois have taken pride in the appreance and quality of they're products but i really did not like the plastic kind of foundation bottle, it looks really cheap and when you compare it to the way other Bourjois products look, like they're bronzing powder Délice de Poudre the one thats made to look and smell like a block of chocolate there really isnt any competition, the coverage is medium although it is very buildable, the consistency isnt too thick and not too runny so its just perfect and doesnt feel cakey on your skin and as i mentioned it does smell amazing so you dont get that paint like smell on your face like you do with some foundations.
Overall this is a good product and the packaging is obviously something you can get over.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by lottymmm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've always stuck to clinique foundations but was wondering through superdrug, they had a 3 for 2 promotion and after picking up a blush and mascara i thought i'd take my chances and go for a new foundation.

1. amazing colour match for me!
2. I'm very freckly the coverage is just right, you can still see my freckles i don't look cakey and it evens out my skin. :)
3. feels very smooth.. actually makes me think my skins like flawless (obvs isn't but it makes you feel good)
4. decent price... beats 30 odd pounds i was paying before.

i've not been using it that long and i've seen a few people talk about break outs. 75% of my time i have some sort of spots usually on my chin and i can honestly say it's been pretty good so far. :)

over all ... a nice change, lovely natural coverage and glow, decent price, good colours (baring in mind i used 52 the second lightest shade)

thankyou bourjois!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Beejoux42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is lovely! Good colours for the pale skin and excellent texture. It goes on smoothly, is easy to build up and that's good beacuse it does seem to take a lot of product to get the right finish but I have acne rosecea and itI do need more coverage than most. It has a velvety finish which lasts for hours. Re-touching is easy and it does not cake.
It's not my HG but it's miles better than many I have tried lately - I confess I am a foundation junkie.

Taken one lippy off for the packaging which is a pump and altho lots of people like that for the hygene factor is does mean you can never get all the product out. It's not expensive but it's still a tiny bit annoying.....

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2010 8:30:00 AM More reviews by bangton

I don't generally use many Bourjois products...mainly because I pick up alot of my makeup in the supermarket and they only stock L'oreal, Maybelline and Rimmel. Anyway I was in Superdrug the other day and this was on offer - £6.99 - intro offer. I tried it on the back of my hand and liked the colour match more than anything.
When I got home I used it the very next day...I wasn't blown away by the look of the foundation. The colour match was fab but as I was up and down all day I didnt really get chance to stop and look in the mirror. So I went back to using my Revlon colourstay mineral mousse that I have been liking alot lately.
Yesterday I was getting ready to go to the gym and I thought I would try the Bourjois again as it was in my makeup bag and I knew I would be sweating at the gym and washing it off shortly after (I always wear foundation to leave the house - self conscious - even at the gym!) so it didn't matter if it wasn't amazing.
Anyway upon application in a bright sunshiney room, I was taken aback by how fresh I looked. I finished my gym session and was pleased to see that despite a massive sweat on, when I arrived home my foundation was in tact. Now, this doesnt matter after the gym because I shower when I get home but what was important is that it clearly has staying power.
I showered and reapplied at about 10am and went about the rest of my day. I was pleased, when at 11.30pm having not applied at all since the morning..I still looked fresh as a daisy.
Its really good!!!!!!!!! I have it on again today and what I like most is that I feel confident wearing this. I feel like my skin does look fresh and even. Its light so I don't feel caked, the colour match is wonderful, its blendable and I am really more happy with this foundation than I have been in a long time.....and I have liked most of the foundations I have tried lately! I just love it!!!!!!!!!!!
EDITED - I am gutted to say this but since using this I have broken out in spots all over my face. Skin a total mess, I can only put it down to this as I haven't changed anything else. If this suited my skin it would still be excellent but sadly its not for me....

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by paigeturner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have mixed feelings about this product. I have senstive, combination acne-prone skin with massive pores, as well as red acne scarring.
To make life easier, I shall do a list.
Pros:
- excellent medium coverage that is relatively buildable
- glowy, healthy look that doesn't look oily, even on oily areas
- not too expensive (on offer £6.99, fullprive £9.99 I think)
- smells yummy!
- colour match was good for me, ladies of lighter colour there is a good selection

CONS:
- though the coverage is buildable,you have to be careful or it will look cakey
- its really transferable; you hug your man and your face WILL come off on his shirt (and I use a setting powder!)
- it made me breakout BIGTIME.
- ladies of darker colours, the selection isVERY poor :(

if I had nothing else to use, I would use it, but otherwise, I not going to repurchase it.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 8:07:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

I love this foundation, its medium coverage and you can layer it no problem, its glowy rather than dull or matte, it smells great, and looks soooo natural. I have been using laura mercier silk creme for ages now and i liked the coverage it gives me and the glow, but sometimes i feel its just too much, like it feels heavy on and mask like...this foundation in comparison is like a fresh breath of air..its so light, and looks very natural more so than the LM. I bought shade 56 light bronze which is great for my nc32-35 skin and today bought also 54 to try as when i dont have so much tan on and im more nc30 i find the 56 going on too dark. Bought it in Boots UK for £5.99 I think they had some special promotion- beats LM's £33!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2010 4:53:00 AM More reviews by babyfishnat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BREAK OUT CITY! i really like the feel and smell of the foundation for my now normal/dry skin, however i am clog and acne prone, 2 weeks into this i noticed more clogged pores and now i am breaking out. the foundation does smell divine though i would not reccomend this for sensitive skin as most of bourjoi's products are overly fragranced.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by MysticM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Good stuff! Nice semi-satin finish, good medium coverage & nice smell. Skin feels comfy, and its a good match colour-wise. I'm pale, most lighter shades in the drugstore tend to be pinkish, but this is not - I picked 52/Vanilla.

I have dry skin and normally pick things with more 'slip', (eg Chanel vitalumiere/Maybelline Dreamy Cream) This doesn't have slip, but it feels comfortable - most Matte foundations feel like a tight mask on my skin. I have nothing bad to say about it. Gave it 4 lippies, should prob give it 5, but I took one off as its a leeeetle bit 'flat'. Will try an illuminating primer next time. But its great for daytime.