September 1, 2014 | 1067 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2009 2:28:00 AM More reviews by adrithebandit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I did a review on this for my youtube channel! Subscribe <3

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2009 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Gars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me start of by saying, I have literally tried almost every foundation on the market. I have very oily skin, so most are sliding off my face 3 hours after I put it on. A lot of them change colour too as the day wears. I found my HG foundation in Revlon Colorstay...as I love its longevity, and the finish. However, none of the shades are quite right with my olive skin. The shades dont have quite enough yellow to them. I decided to try Maybelline Superstay as the shades suit my colouring better. However, that is the only plus to this foundation. I was shiny about 2 hours after applying..and had to blot and powder throught the day (I never do this with Colorstay). It became cakey in different areas and made me look like I was wearing very obvious make up. I will not be repurchasing. I will go back to Colorstay until I find something comparable with better shade selection!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by laneblack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

got it on sale at drugstore. BOGOF and worth every penny. foundation is a sheer consistency but build-able. sits well on skin and does not feel cakey. and it wore well throughout the day which is another plus. Not sure about the 24 hour part but got 8 hours worth of coverage for me. lol!

DOWNSIDE. The packaging is not great. It should come in a pump form. If it did, it would truly rival depart store foundations. However, for the price, I can live with the it.

I consider this the thrifty girl's version of Estee Lauder's Double Wear. Packaging is similar to Double Wear so I would consider purchasing this instead.

Also, no SPF. If this it important to you, might want to consider another brand. Again, for price, it's not a big deal. I apply sunscreen then put foundation on top.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2009 6:17:00 PM More reviews by katy24

I agree with the last reviewer who mentions MUFE foundation(I'm assuming she means the HD)because it is very similar in finish,but you have to use a brush to apply because this foundation is really thick!It takes longer to set than Colorstay& is still transferrable,sad to say,but overall it looks good if applied lightly with a brush.Colorstay is still the drugstore HG of choice but this is worth trying if you have a coupon!I have to say I liked it but need to try a different color-I got Natural Tan & it is too dark for me now.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 4:44:00 PM More reviews by angpig13

I can't believe the reviews on this. I love this foundation. I finally got this when there was a sale going on at Walgreens. I think it's great. I have a sample of the MUFE HD Foundation and it's not bad, but it's not amazing. I find that this gives just a good coverage without being cakey for 75% the price! I can keep layering if I want. It lasts all day as well, granted I haven't worn it in the humidity, but it's holding up well. I do with there was a pump on this because it would help determine how much I need better. I set this with a matte powder by the way, just so if my skin decides to get a little oily during the day the shine doesn't go through as much.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2009 3:42:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

Alas, not the perfect foundation for me. I need at least 16 hours wear of foundation and even though this promises to last, it just doesn't. I do have strict requirements for foundation though, so maybe as a regular (rather than long-lasting) foundation this product would be great. Any foundation has to last through a work day for me, which can involve being outside in high heat and humidity as well as running around the office in a stressed-out panic. It goes on at 7am and doesn't come off until well after 11pm. The color I had to get was Sand Beige, which was slightly too dark for me, the palest shade is really pink. This goes on nicely, doesn't set as fast as Colorstay does and gives a nice semi-matte finish at first. The bottle doesn't have a pump which means I have to tap the bottle on my hand in order to actually get any product out. This leaves the bottle messy. This doesn't last on my skin, by lunchtime most of the coverage has gone and my face is shiny. The semi-matte finish just after application is really nice, however, before I have applied the rest of my makeup, my face has turned shiny. I have to really blot my face to remove this, and I also have to keep doing this throughout the day. I have never had to do this before, and it's not something I will be continuing to do. This is NOT transfer resistant. When I blot I get a lot of the foundation on my tissue. I will use up the rest of this foundation, but won't be repurchasing. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2009 9:21:00 AM More reviews by lotsapink

I figured I'd give this a try since I had a $3-off coupon for it and it was on sale. The consistency of this product is good for my oily skin, but I found that after a few hours, it started to rub off. I remember looking over on my shoulder and seeing where my cheek had inadvertently rubbed against it and seeing makeup smudges there. "SuperStay 24 Hour" indeed. Won't be getting this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2009 9:18:00 AM More reviews by assmith

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Nice size bottle, not a bad price. I really liked the Dream Mousse, but I tend to sweat (alot sometimes), and can get oily as the day wears on. Not a good combo! But with this, I can put it on in the morning, and mid-day touch up with powder. Does a nice job of covering redness on cheeks, fairly heavy coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by frankie22

What crap.This foundation melts off my face within 1-2 hours.Even with powder on top.When I am at work, halfway through the day I wash it off and have to completely reapply it.Thankfully, the bottle is almost empty so I can go get my HG Colorstay.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2009 11:55:00 AM More reviews by moonluna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great makeup if you enjoy looking like a corpse! After reading all the glowing reviews on here, I ran out and bought the foundation which came with a free concealer at Target. I couldn't wait to try it and put some on before I washed my face for the night. I was a little taken aback, as I thought the shade, which is always, always my Maybelline shade and is the exact color of my skin, looked very weird on -- like glow-in-the-dark paint or something -- very bright and false. I gave it another shot in the morning, and when I looked in the mirror, I was horrified -- it was just sitting on my skin, not matte, not luminous either -- just FLAT and one-dimensional. It looked so fake, and it was so bright I looked like a corpse. Aged me about 15 years to boot. To add the fun, it made my skin so super-oily after just a couple of hours that I was both shiny AND dead-looking. OK, well I'll just use the concealer under-eye, I thought. NO. It looks like magic marker under my eyes and makes me look exhausted. Not for me at all. I'll stick with Revlon Colorstay. It did not seem to last that long on my skin either (thank goodness!). This is probably good makeup for paler skin shades with dry skin.