Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 9/30/2009 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

i really, really love this foundation! it's shocking to me because for my whole life so far (i'm 26) i have never been able to find a foundation that i was happy with and then suddenly, bam! and i now have THREE that are working great. what a revelation! my problem with finding a formula that worked for me has always been this: if i can get up close in a mirror and actually see the makeup sitting on my skin, i won't wear it. you all know what i'm talking about, that gross look where you can actually see every pore magnified and little spots of color that don't blend in with your skin. if i'm going to wear something that's supposed to even out my skintone, i want it to do it well enough that you can't tell i'm wearing it, and it had better make my skin look fab as well. happily, this foundation does all that and more! i got it in the color Sand Beige and it works gorgeously on my normal to slightly combo NC15/20 skin and even gives it the tiniest, tiniest hint of color (my skintone is a shade that should be called electric pale white!). i know i could have also worn the lightest shade (Porcelain Ivory) but when i swatched them both on my jawline i liked Sand Beige better. a lot of reviewers have noted that the formula is thicker than a typical liquid foundation and yes, it is, but i actually like that aspect of it. it makes application easier in my opinion and it glides on more smoothly. it almost has the same texture as Maybelline's Dream Liquid Mousse which happens to be the second foundation that i've been loving lately (the third is Sally Hansen's Inspired by Carmindy liquid foundation). i use my fingers to apply a dot to an area of my face and then smooth it in and do a pat, pat, pat motion with my first 3 fingers to almost kind of press the product into my skin. the result is seamless, undetectable coverage that completely evens out my red blotchiness and looks great. i would say the Superstay 24HR foundation has a medium to full coverage applied normally but could probably be sheered out if you mixed it with a drop of moisturizer pre-application. the coverage is so amazing for me that i've even been using this to conceal my extremely dark and troublesome undereye circles that usually require a cocktail of heavy concealers to even somewhat cover. as for the wear, so far it's been perfect with no fading or turning colors. the packaging is aesthetically pleasing but could be a tiny bit better if only it had a pump instead of a screw on cap, but that's something i'm very willing to overlook for a product that makes me this happy. i am so glad that i've finally found some foundations that measure up to my difficult standards and all happen to be under $15! how helpful is that during these tough economic times?! and if i had to choose, i think i'd say that right now, this one is my favorite. i'd definitely repurchase.

I love all Maybelline foundations. I've tried SuperStay Silky, Mineral Power, Dream Matte Mousse, fresh makeup, etc. None ever break me out and most are medium/full coverage. SuperStay 24HR makeup is veryvery good. I got Pure Beige and its WAAAAAAAAAY too dark, so I'm pissed at the shade ranges, so i have to mix it with colorstay. I knew Classic Beige was my color -___- GRR. Anyway, it isn't orange, it glides on my skin evenly, doesn't feel thick, smoothes over my pores, and leaves a simple matte/dewy finish. Because I have to mix it with Colorstay, the foundation gets thicker and stickier so that stinks ): It stayed on my face the WHOLE DAY AT DISNEYLAND. Through Space Mountain lines, Splash Mountain, all the heat. It was ther by the end of the day. I'm oily on the Tzone, so my makeup didn't look fresh, but it wasn't dry looking or gross and cakey! I was so proud and happy. For once a makeup that does it all. It doesn't cover stubborn pimples but I don't have to go over pimple areas with a concealer brush and cover powder anymore like I used to. It doesn't feel heavy and doesn't get me too shiney.

No breakouts whatsoever! Props to Maybelline(:

on 9/30/2009 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is my favorite drugstore foundation, hands down. I wear Classic Beige (~NC30) and it's the BEST shade match I've ever had in any drugstore foundation for my yellow-olive skintone. It doesn't dry my skin out, but it can accentuate (like most foundations) any dry patches you have. Hate the glass bottle with no pump, but the coverage is so good that I just need whatever's in the cap to hide my hyperpigmentation. The price beats Colorstay, the range of shades beats Colorstay, and the natural semimatte finish beats Colorstay for me. I found that Colorstay was more on the matte side but, at the same time, was full of shimmer on my face in the sun. Huh?? I will say though that Colorstay was much better at keeping my nose matte throughout the day, but that's nothing some powder can't fix. I just wish Superstay would put pumps on their bottles and expand their shade range so everyone could try it!

on 9/29/2009 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this in Classic Beige (summertime: NC30, winter: NC20) because I'm in between NC30 and NC20 as my tan fades. It has a thinner consistency than my MAC Studio Fix Fluid, so it didn't completely cover my brown spots (from old acne) and red spots (from new acne) on the first application.

At first I really liked that it was not as thick as SFF, even if my discoloration was still slightly visible. The color was great and didn't leave a demarcation line between my jaw and my neck.

Now for the bad - I applied it at 8:30am (set with powder) and came home from school at 5pm. I checked throughout the day and my forehead and my nose were extremely oily. When I checked at home my entire face was shiny!

on 9/29/2009 3:47:00 PM

I have been searching for a make-up that lasted all day for a long time now. I have tried just about every drugstore and department store brand there is and honestly, this works the best with my skin. I was in a wedding this past weekend and this made life so much easier-not having to do touch ups or reapply my make-up! I put it on Saturday morning around 9am, wore it to the salon to get hair done, wore it while I was running around helping to get everything set up and ready for the wedding, around 2 I touched up with powder before we took pictures and I was as good as new! And it was raining all day, and I got sweaty while running around! When I did sweat it just beaded up on top of the make-up and I was able to blot it away! The make-up did not run or smear or get cakey at all.

I don't know if this will work for everyone but I found it to be really great! I have tried a lot of make-up that made this claim, and I don't know about the 24 hours-but 12 definitely! I did a touch up with powder and added a bit of blush and I looked like I did when I first applied the foundation! Great stuff! I will definitely buy it again!

on 9/28/2009 4:27:00 PM

Ok - so I decide to wait to review this after I had tried it for a week or so.......when I first applied it - I found it drying and tacky and gross. I have dry skin - and am 39 years old so have some signs of aging. I found this did not work for me at all.

But then I decided to give it another try. I made sure I was well moisturized and then applied it with a sponge. It gave me a full coverage (which I don't usually like or need) but somehow - it looked amazing!

It also lasted from 6:30AM straight through to 10PM when I got home. Between that and my Chanel Water Proof liner - I looked as fresh as when I left....and at my age.....it is hard to stay fresh looking!!!

I really like this foundation. I use it for long shifts and when I want a polished fully made up look. The lightest shade matches my NW20 skin perfectly and if you moisturize well - it is not overly drying. I would probably buy this again!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I just bought it today - originally I was going to buy the Revlon CS because I was running out of my MAC sff NW30. I wanted something cheaper, I had no idea that the Revlon CS was $ 20.00 CND- I could've gone to Sephora and bought a Clinque foundation for roughly the same price, but the idea today was cheap but good.

After speaking to one of the make up artists in the store she said to try the maybelline SS foundations, as they are significantly cheaper and it doesn't dry as quickly as the Revlon CS she also said the consistency is similar to that of Dior's foundation. ( i don't know if its true someone please verify this) I eventually bought it in true beige, because I couldn't be bothered on spending 20 dollars on drugstore make up when i might as well have gone to MAC and restocked on my nw30 sff.

Tried it out and so far so good, its not cakey and blends easily and its the roughly the right match for my skintone. BUTTT some of it did come off when i had to blow my nose (im sick with a cold) some 40 minutes after. But so far so good. You get what you pay for. And not too shabby.

on 9/28/2009 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

-1. Will not last you even 2 hours if you have hyperpigmentation.

-2. Does not cover up blemishes

-3. GREASY look. VERY GREASY. I don't even have oily skin, it's absurd that his foundation makes my face look greasy after a few hours, even after it's been set with powder. I've never experienced that before.

+4. It feels so good on your skin-like silk. I think however it's the silicone in that prevents it from settling in to lines, but really makes you look greasy.

+5. Classic beige matches my olive skin exactly. It's an amazing olive color.

I really wanted to love this foundation because I found a color that matched so well...but sigh...back to colorstay for me.

on 9/25/2009 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HATED! I like Revlon ColorStay but can never find the perfect color. Bought this and the color match was really good. However, after wearing for only about 4 hours of INDOOR activity, my face was a oil slick. Granted, I have oily skin, but this was unlike anything I ever experienced. Tried to use a Clean and Clear oil blotter, and it instantly soaked in slid off my face. Very weird. I SUPPOSE I will hang on the the bottle and try it when I get dry in the winter, because the Colorstay does dry me out. But as of right now, this was disgusting.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm