Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Wore this out yesterday for the first time. Within two hours it oxidized and turned me orange, but only in certain spots. I looked like a splotchy oompa loompa! Good/bad news is that it sure is long wear, I couldn't just wipe it off!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I BOUGHT THIS PRODUCT DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT CLAIMS "24 HOUR WEAR". WHEN I FIRST APPLIED THE PRODUCT I WAS PLEASED WITH THE EASE OF APPLICATION AND THE FINAL LOOK. AS THE HOURS PASSED IT STARTED TO GET SHINY AND RUBBING OFF!! BY THE END OF THE DAY THE COLOR HAD CHANGED AND MY FACED LOOKED OILY. I HAVE BEEN WEARING IT FOR TWO DAYS AND I'M ALREADY BREAKING OUT. I WILL NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT AGAIN AND GOING BACK TO MY OLD FOUNDATION : RIMMEL LASTING FINISH FOUNDATION.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I feel that I must compare this foundation to the Revlon Colorstay because I have both. For years, Revlon Colorstay has been my HG foundation, but I never ceased trying to look for an even better one. While Colorstay gives me flawless skin with full coverage, they do not have my color match. I am NC30 and I have it in "Fresh Beige", which contains too much beige and not enough yellow. I've wanted to try out the other shades but none of them look right. Plus, the high price tag has always stopped me. Once the Maybelline Superstay 24 Hour came out, I was anxious to test it out since many reviewers claimed that it was similar to Colorstay. I am usually a "Nude" in the Maybelline coloring system (it is warm and has yellow undertones), but I accidentally picked up "Classic Beige" instead. Though it looks pale and beige in the bottle, surprisingly, it still works for me. I love how Superstay covers all my flaws but still manages to make me look natural. With Colorstay, my face looks absolutely perfect, but it is very obvious that I am wearing foundation. Superstay also feels light on the skin, even though it offers full coverage (a big contrast from the heaviness of Colorstay). But while it does feel more lightweight, I don't think it lasts as long as Colorstay if you're pulling a marathon with your makeup. At the end of the night, Colorstay still keeps my freckles/pimples/other flaws hidden. With Superstay, I experienced some fading. A huge plus is that it does not have a strong unpleasant scent, while everybody knows that Colorstay smells like paint! But I have to say that one gripe I have with the Superstay is that the bottle's long neck makes it so difficult for me to pour out the foundation! Colorstay is liquidy enough to run right out whenever I tilt the bottle, but I have to shake and tap the Superstay on the back of my hand to get it out. Now I just store it sideways to make the job easier. The Maybelline Superstay has now replaced Colorstay as my HG, but I will still continue to reach for Colorstay for special events when I need to get "dolled up."

though this foundation has been compared to revlon colorstay and mac's studio fix i have not personally tried either one but i have tried mac's mineralized satin finished...and this foundation is completely different! i like both but this definitely gives a much better coverage (i'm NC35 for reference) and almost completely matte...almost because it does give a slight natrual shine but does get shiny as the day goes...but i have dry skin so to me it isnt a big deal. i dont think this foundation will do well with oily skintypes.

NC35 my match was classic beige...though i was unsure cause it does look alil greyish in the bottle but on the skin it sheers out to a olive slightly yellow skintone...i wouldnt say this was a completely great match but definitely very close! (slightly too light) i'm thinking of moving up the natrual tan the next two shade..the next shade up had too much of a pink undertone.

but it definitely stays on...worked out for two hrs at the gym and my fondation was still intact...though it isnt transfer resistence it still lasts well on the skin 8hr +

It is amazing! Makes you look poreless, flawless, perfect. Love it! I have oily tzone and acne prone and large pores. I am 40! I have sunspots, acnespots and uneven skin. This product is wonderful. It stays on and on. I never had to touch it up with powder at all. I worked all day and sweated in Florida heat and humidity all day. My face looked as perfect as when i put it on in the morning. If anything, it looked better as it somehow melted into my face and i looked like that was my real skin. I would love to have seen a pump on this bottle though but that's my only regret. The shades are also good although i'd like to see a little more yellow in all shades. These are small and minor concerns though and I've finally found a makeup that lasts and lasts and doesn't feel like it's on my face at all. Even at 9 PM at night! It comes off easy with soap and water and for $8 you cannot beat this. I'm so glad i found this before i broke down and spent $28 on that ridiculous Bare Essentuals crap! Anyway, BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT! And Maybelline, please do not change this. It seems as soon as i find a good product the company either changes it or discontinues it within weeks. Ridiculous! This product is MAN MADE PERFECTION!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got this product when it was on sale right about the time it came out. It was buy one get one free. There was not really a shade that was my skin tone exactly so I just bought one a little lighter and one darker since the other one was free. So I mixed them both the same ration 1:1 and put it in another bottle that I could pump it out. That is one thing I don't like about the packaging is that I would much rather it have a pump on it. But then again almost all foundations have that kind of same packaging so I can't be mad at them for that. Anyways It wears a long time. I do set it with Ben Nye setting translucent powder. I don't have to touch up at work as much as other foundation including a Clinique one that I have which was twice more expensive. I would say that it is about a medium coverage which for me is just great. It didn't bother me that I had to mix them because I like to mix my foundations to get the right color anyways. All in all I love it. Awesome product.

Another foundation that's going to have to be returned. I thought it was a good color match. I'm very fair and I got sand beige because all the other light colors looked too pink or orange on me. It was not enough coverage for me and didn't last very long, not even through an 8 hour work day. I would say its medium coverage but my skin is so awful at the moment I need fuller coverage. This might be good for someone who doesn't need as much coverage or who has time to put concealer then foundation on. I can't comment if it made me break out or not because I only used it twice. Luckily I got it BOGO at walgreens. If only revlon colorstay came in this color it would be perfect. The search continues for my HG foundation.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

i really, really love this foundation! it's shocking to me because for my whole life so far (i'm 26) i have never been able to find a foundation that i was happy with and then suddenly, bam! and i now have THREE that are working great. what a revelation! my problem with finding a formula that worked for me has always been this: if i can get up close in a mirror and actually see the makeup sitting on my skin, i won't wear it. you all know what i'm talking about, that gross look where you can actually see every pore magnified and little spots of color that don't blend in with your skin. if i'm going to wear something that's supposed to even out my skintone, i want it to do it well enough that you can't tell i'm wearing it, and it had better make my skin look fab as well. happily, this foundation does all that and more! i got it in the color Sand Beige and it works gorgeously on my normal to slightly combo NC15/20 skin and even gives it the tiniest, tiniest hint of color (my skintone is a shade that should be called electric pale white!). i know i could have also worn the lightest shade (Porcelain Ivory) but when i swatched them both on my jawline i liked Sand Beige better. a lot of reviewers have noted that the formula is thicker than a typical liquid foundation and yes, it is, but i actually like that aspect of it. it makes application easier in my opinion and it glides on more smoothly. it almost has the same texture as Maybelline's Dream Liquid Mousse which happens to be the second foundation that i've been loving lately (the third is Sally Hansen's Inspired by Carmindy liquid foundation). i use my fingers to apply a dot to an area of my face and then smooth it in and do a pat, pat, pat motion with my first 3 fingers to almost kind of press the product into my skin. the result is seamless, undetectable coverage that completely evens out my red blotchiness and looks great. i would say the Superstay 24HR foundation has a medium to full coverage applied normally but could probably be sheered out if you mixed it with a drop of moisturizer pre-application. the coverage is so amazing for me that i've even been using this to conceal my extremely dark and troublesome undereye circles that usually require a cocktail of heavy concealers to even somewhat cover. as for the wear, so far it's been perfect with no fading or turning colors. the packaging is aesthetically pleasing but could be a tiny bit better if only it had a pump instead of a screw on cap, but that's something i'm very willing to overlook for a product that makes me this happy. i am so glad that i've finally found some foundations that measure up to my difficult standards and all happen to be under $15! how helpful is that during these tough economic times?! and if i had to choose, i think i'd say that right now, this one is my favorite. i'd definitely repurchase.

I love all Maybelline foundations. I've tried SuperStay Silky, Mineral Power, Dream Matte Mousse, fresh makeup, etc. None ever break me out and most are medium/full coverage. SuperStay 24HR makeup is veryvery good. I got Pure Beige and its WAAAAAAAAAY too dark, so I'm pissed at the shade ranges, so i have to mix it with colorstay. I knew Classic Beige was my color -___- GRR. Anyway, it isn't orange, it glides on my skin evenly, doesn't feel thick, smoothes over my pores, and leaves a simple matte/dewy finish. Because I have to mix it with Colorstay, the foundation gets thicker and stickier so that stinks ): It stayed on my face the WHOLE DAY AT DISNEYLAND. Through Space Mountain lines, Splash Mountain, all the heat. It was ther by the end of the day. I'm oily on the Tzone, so my makeup didn't look fresh, but it wasn't dry looking or gross and cakey! I was so proud and happy. For once a makeup that does it all. It doesn't cover stubborn pimples but I don't have to go over pimple areas with a concealer brush and cover powder anymore like I used to. It doesn't feel heavy and doesn't get me too shiney.

No breakouts whatsoever! Props to Maybelline(:

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is my favorite drugstore foundation, hands down. I wear Classic Beige (~NC30) and it's the BEST shade match I've ever had in any drugstore foundation for my yellow-olive skintone. It doesn't dry my skin out, but it can accentuate (like most foundations) any dry patches you have. Hate the glass bottle with no pump, but the coverage is so good that I just need whatever's in the cap to hide my hyperpigmentation. The price beats Colorstay, the range of shades beats Colorstay, and the natural semimatte finish beats Colorstay for me. I found that Colorstay was more on the matte side but, at the same time, was full of shimmer on my face in the sun. Huh?? I will say though that Colorstay was much better at keeping my nose matte throughout the day, but that's nothing some powder can't fix. I just wish Superstay would put pumps on their bottles and expand their shade range so everyone could try it!