Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 9/29/2009 3:47:00 PM

I have been searching for a make-up that lasted all day for a long time now. I have tried just about every drugstore and department store brand there is and honestly, this works the best with my skin. I was in a wedding this past weekend and this made life so much easier-not having to do touch ups or reapply my make-up! I put it on Saturday morning around 9am, wore it to the salon to get hair done, wore it while I was running around helping to get everything set up and ready for the wedding, around 2 I touched up with powder before we took pictures and I was as good as new! And it was raining all day, and I got sweaty while running around! When I did sweat it just beaded up on top of the make-up and I was able to blot it away! The make-up did not run or smear or get cakey at all.

I don't know if this will work for everyone but I found it to be really great! I have tried a lot of make-up that made this claim, and I don't know about the 24 hours-but 12 definitely! I did a touch up with powder and added a bit of blush and I looked like I did when I first applied the foundation! Great stuff! I will definitely buy it again!

on 9/28/2009 4:27:00 PM

Ok - so I decide to wait to review this after I had tried it for a week or so.......when I first applied it - I found it drying and tacky and gross. I have dry skin - and am 39 years old so have some signs of aging. I found this did not work for me at all.

But then I decided to give it another try. I made sure I was well moisturized and then applied it with a sponge. It gave me a full coverage (which I don't usually like or need) but somehow - it looked amazing!

It also lasted from 6:30AM straight through to 10PM when I got home. Between that and my Chanel Water Proof liner - I looked as fresh as when I left....and at my age.....it is hard to stay fresh looking!!!

I really like this foundation. I use it for long shifts and when I want a polished fully made up look. The lightest shade matches my NW20 skin perfectly and if you moisturize well - it is not overly drying. I would probably buy this again!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I just bought it today - originally I was going to buy the Revlon CS because I was running out of my MAC sff NW30. I wanted something cheaper, I had no idea that the Revlon CS was $ 20.00 CND- I could've gone to Sephora and bought a Clinque foundation for roughly the same price, but the idea today was cheap but good.

After speaking to one of the make up artists in the store she said to try the maybelline SS foundations, as they are significantly cheaper and it doesn't dry as quickly as the Revlon CS she also said the consistency is similar to that of Dior's foundation. ( i don't know if its true someone please verify this) I eventually bought it in true beige, because I couldn't be bothered on spending 20 dollars on drugstore make up when i might as well have gone to MAC and restocked on my nw30 sff.

Tried it out and so far so good, its not cakey and blends easily and its the roughly the right match for my skintone. BUTTT some of it did come off when i had to blow my nose (im sick with a cold) some 40 minutes after. But so far so good. You get what you pay for. And not too shabby.

on 9/28/2009 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

-1. Will not last you even 2 hours if you have hyperpigmentation.

-2. Does not cover up blemishes

-3. GREASY look. VERY GREASY. I don't even have oily skin, it's absurd that his foundation makes my face look greasy after a few hours, even after it's been set with powder. I've never experienced that before.

+4. It feels so good on your skin-like silk. I think however it's the silicone in that prevents it from settling in to lines, but really makes you look greasy.

+5. Classic beige matches my olive skin exactly. It's an amazing olive color.

I really wanted to love this foundation because I found a color that matched so well...but sigh...back to colorstay for me.

on 9/25/2009 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HATED! I like Revlon ColorStay but can never find the perfect color. Bought this and the color match was really good. However, after wearing for only about 4 hours of INDOOR activity, my face was a oil slick. Granted, I have oily skin, but this was unlike anything I ever experienced. Tried to use a Clean and Clear oil blotter, and it instantly soaked in slid off my face. Very weird. I SUPPOSE I will hang on the the bottle and try it when I get dry in the winter, because the Colorstay does dry me out. But as of right now, this was disgusting.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I did a review on this for my youtube channel! Subscribe <3

on 9/24/2009 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Let me start of by saying, I have literally tried almost every foundation on the market. I have very oily skin, so most are sliding off my face 3 hours after I put it on. A lot of them change colour too as the day wears. I found my HG foundation in Revlon Colorstay...as I love its longevity, and the finish. However, none of the shades are quite right with my olive skin. The shades dont have quite enough yellow to them. I decided to try Maybelline Superstay as the shades suit my colouring better. However, that is the only plus to this foundation. I was shiny about 2 hours after applying..and had to blot and powder throught the day (I never do this with Colorstay). It became cakey in different areas and made me look like I was wearing very obvious make up. I will not be repurchasing. I will go back to Colorstay until I find something comparable with better shade selection!

on 9/23/2009 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

got it on sale at drugstore. BOGOF and worth every penny. foundation is a sheer consistency but build-able. sits well on skin and does not feel cakey. and it wore well throughout the day which is another plus. Not sure about the 24 hour part but got 8 hours worth of coverage for me. lol!

DOWNSIDE. The packaging is not great. It should come in a pump form. If it did, it would truly rival depart store foundations. However, for the price, I can live with the it.

I consider this the thrifty girl's version of Estee Lauder's Double Wear. Packaging is similar to Double Wear so I would consider purchasing this instead.

Also, no SPF. If this it important to you, might want to consider another brand. Again, for price, it's not a big deal. I apply sunscreen then put foundation on top.

on 9/23/2009 6:17:00 PM

I agree with the last reviewer who mentions MUFE foundation(I'm assuming she means the HD)because it is very similar in finish,but you have to use a brush to apply because this foundation is really thick!It takes longer to set than Colorstay& is still transferrable,sad to say,but overall it looks good if applied lightly with a brush.Colorstay is still the drugstore HG of choice but this is worth trying if you have a coupon!I have to say I liked it but need to try a different color-I got Natural Tan & it is too dark for me now.

on 9/23/2009 4:44:00 PM

I can't believe the reviews on this. I love this foundation. I finally got this when there was a sale going on at Walgreens. I think it's great. I have a sample of the MUFE HD Foundation and it's not bad, but it's not amazing. I find that this gives just a good coverage without being cakey for 75% the price! I can keep layering if I want. It lasts all day as well, granted I haven't worn it in the humidity, but it's holding up well. I do with there was a pump on this because it would help determine how much I need better. I set this with a matte powder by the way, just so if my skin decides to get a little oily during the day the shine doesn't go through as much.